Effects of Hard Water on Hair
There are various causes for which a person can suffer from thinning of hair. However, in the populated towns and cities most of the water is what may be containing chemicals to become adverse on the body. This is therefore a cause of concern for many.
Hair Loss due to Hard Water:
Below are a few effects of how hard water causes damage to the hair.
1. Hair is negatively charged and the water which contains chemicals like oxidizers are very positively charged. This is a main factor which is why this has adverse effect on the roots and the follicles become weak.
See More: Almond Oil For Hair Loss
2. There are also minerals present in these which are released from the stations from which we get the regular supply and these are like calcium, magnesium, iron, and others which are very damaging. It causes these to become frizzy and that is why when even with costly conditioners and other supplements, we cannot resist this problem much. This is one of the main factors behind it. Many companies claim that their products can help combat this. However, this is hardly true. Even then, products can be properly bought from stores which are more natural and can cause the harm to lessen. A person can also use some natural conditioners to help combat the frizz.
3. A person can also try a hardness test by trying to lather soap. If there is enough foam, then it is not very hard, and if there is not enough foam then it has minerals in it which is not good for body. It also rips the skin and texture and makes them brittle. This can however not be much control but a person can try using anti-frizz serums to combat this problem. Natural lotions are another thing that can be used.
See More: Nizoral For Hair Loss
There can be various methods by which the water that a person uses to bathe can be smoothened to suit the body and also to get rid of chemicals. These can be done in a number of ways. If the supplying station is where this problem is cured then the adverseness decreases considerably before it reaches household. However, when these are not usually done, a person can individually do these at their own houses to suit their needs. These days due to the cities get these supplied from central stations, many people are facing various types of dermatitis problems.
- A person can buy shampoos which can lower the side effects. A person can also buy some soothing and smoothening agents containing conditioners which are known to be helpful in this regards.
- A person can go to stores and get water softeners which can help to lessen the chemicals. These are sold popularly today and almost any person can buy these for a few amount of money. These are also quite cheap and popularly sold in the cities and the towns.
- Oil massages can be done to prevent any further damage and a person can do this on a regular basis. There are various ayurvedic oils that can be used for this.
- See More: Saw Palmetto Hair Loss Treatment
- A person can use a vinegar rinse after shampoo, as this also helps in this regard. This can protect the hair and also make the water usable for a proper wash. These can be done by mixing 1 tbsp of vinegar to a mug or 2 mugs of water. This can be used every day after shampooing. This can be very helpful if followed on a regular basis. This also gets a person rid of flakiness which can occur due to minerals and oxidizers.
Image Source: Shutterstock