15 Best Yoga Exercises for your Face
An old proverb goes, “Face is the index of the mind”. It is, therefore, no surprise that we take any steps to make our faces look as pleasing and appealing as possible. We take as much efforts we can to highlight the most beautiful features and hide our blunt features.
With lifestyle choices getting better by the day, one can make their face look very pleasant by styling. Using make up to make the face look appealing is one. Another way is to go for hairstyling. With recent hairstyles, one can highlight or hide their facial features. There is also the option that one might sort if nothing can be done but also comes at a very huge price, which is cosmetology.
While all these might not seem very easy on the pocket, one might still be able to define their facial features just by doing a few yoga exercises. Let us take a look at some of them.
1. To reduce chubbiness on your face, try this simple exercise: Inhale as much air as you can into your mouth. Now shift the air in your mouth from one side of the cheek to another, like how you might you clean your mouth with a mouthwash.
See More: Yoga Exercises For Depression
2. To tone your chin muscles and reduce your double chin, bring your lower lip over your upper lip and try to bring it as close to the nose as possible. Hold this for at least 15 seconds. Repeat the same 10 times. One may fee slight jaw pain while doing this exercise.
3. Sunken Cheeks is another exercise that one can do to define your face. This can be done even while you are having drinks using a straw. Suck in your cheeks, so that you feel the muscles sink in on both sides. Remain in this position for 15 seconds and repeat the same for at least 10 times.
See More: Yoga Poses For Constipation
4. Here is an exercise that would help you lighten your jaws and reduce your cheeks. Take in as much as air as you can with your mouth open. While doing so pull your cheeks in as much as possible. Then gently release the air out of your mouth.
5. To reduce wrinkles, keep your eyes wide open and lift your brows up. Remain in this position for a few seconds. Focus your gaze on a point in front of you. Do the same for at least 5 times.
6. To exercise your cheeks, tighten your cheek muscles and smile as wide as you can. Hold this position for a few seconds and repeat the same for 15-20 times.
See More: Yoga For Stress
7. If you have fine lines and wrinkles near your eyes, here is an exercise that would tone and firm them. Keeping your index finger on the outer corners of your eyes, pull them upwards so that your cheeks are pulled up in a smile. Hold this for a few seconds, and then relax.
The exercise below focuses on reducing wrinkles and giving a youthful look to the face.
8. Keep your index fingers on either side of the eyes and thumbs on the sides of your mouth. Now pull your skin up with the fingers. You would feel a stretch on the muscles. Hold it for a few seconds, relax, and repeat the same.