How to Make Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken can be made in several ways. There are several versions of the authentic grilled chicken recipe. You can make it in a traditional kebab style with a use of garam masala powder or you can totally ditch the garam masala and turmeric and go a more modern simpler way by just using some herbs mixture. We however, came up with our version and we are going a bit out of the traditional way.
We will not be using turmeric and neither will we use the garam masala. This will be more like a holiday grilled chicken and you can do it very easily. The best past about this recipe is that it is very simple. You will not need to invest a lot of time into this. This can be good when you have friends coming over on a weekend or you just want to sip some good wine with a grilled platter.
See More: Chicken Burger Recipe
- 1 Kg chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Lemon juice
- Mixed herbs (thyme, oregano, parsley and coriander)
- Soy sauce
- White wine 2 tbsp
- White vinegar 2 tbsp
- Oil for brushing
- Cherry tomatoes or big tomatoes halved
- Small onions or big onions cut into halved
- Bell peppers cut into big pieces
- Grilling skewers
- Sugar, salt and pepper
See More: How To Make Roasted Chicken
- Remove the feathers from the chicken pieces if any. Clean the chicken legs under tap water. Make sure they are properly clean. Take a clean kitchen towel and pat these chicken pieces dry.
- Take a sharp knife and make slits into the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl take lemon juice, salt, and pinch of sugar, Soy sauce, white vinegar and white wine. Mix these well.
- Put half teaspoon of mixed herbs consisting of dried coriander leaves, thyme leaves, oregano and parsley into this mixture.
- In this mixture put 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- Mix this mixture into the chicken breasts and into the slits very well. Keep in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the chicken and brush some oil on to them. You can additionally use any of the remaining mixture of the chicken to coat the small onions, bell peppers and cherry
- tomatoes in. If the mixture is not enough or you have already used up all of it, then brush these just with some salt, lemon juice and oil.
- Dip the skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Place these chicken breasts, along with the cherry tomatoes, onions and bell peppers in the skewers. Place these on the racks of the grill and grill at 180 to 200 degrees in the grill or microwave. Keep chicken the pieces now and then and if required brush more oil while you turn them.
- Take out when these are cooked properly. Serve with chopped coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Your very own tasty grilled chicken is ready. You can enjoy this during the cold winters when you do not want to go out for a outside dinner. You can have this as a holiday meal as well. Try this with noodles, or fried rice or even with just a glass of wine. These taste delicious and you will want more.
See More: How To Make Chicken Salad
Image Source: Shutterstock