Most of us women have straight hair these days, like poker straight to be precise. Where is the individuality if all of us girls have to look alike, so why not curls to turn the heat up this year? Honestly, we aren’t fans of chemicals and any services or products from its womb, not when Mother Nature has an abundance of natural ways to curl your hair. So let us take a look together on a few steps, in order to have those daring curls (read: not frizzy hair).
Keep calm and let the hair do the talking dear ones. This is a routine to be done once a week for fluffy results, and if you like it big, here you go. There is a lot of TLC aka tender love and car which goes into making your hair curly, for which you need a whole load of patience. Dont skip and jump steps we speak about, just go with the flow. Remember, the natural hair we are blessed with, has a mind of its own. There are many more factors which would influence the outcome, such as;
- The weather
- The product you use
- Workouts and more
Steps For How to Get Curly Hair:
1. Oil your hair well tonight, do a hot turban therapy for half an hour. Use any of the essential oils, such as olive, coconut, ojon and so on, or a mix of them for better results. If your hair is naturally dry do this, or else dont.
See More: Hair Care Tips For Curly Hair
2. Get a mild conditioner to remove tangles from the dry hair first. Section wise, with the help of your fingers get the detangling don. You may opt to choose a cheap detangling lotion for the same, just ensure you use an herbal one.
3. Check if your hair texture is smooth and kinky, it is important to understand the nature of your hair, so that you choose accordingly products that would work for consistent and best results.
4. Detangling is important so that you dont scream and yell when you comb the hair out. The best thing to do is to use your fingers, since a comb can pull out a number of strands, more than normal
5. Now use the lotion to detangle and rinse with the help of a shampoo rich in sulphate. Get the deep conditioner applied to your hair, and sit out in the open sun for natural drying, wearing a heat cap for half an hour. You could choose to use a dryer for faster results, but hair dryers can kill hair roots and spoil the outcome too. If you hate the sun, a steam shower would do.
6. Now get back into the shower for a cold rinse, make this the final rinse sans the towel use. Dont use a towel yet, just let the hair be all wet and soaking
7. After rinsing out the conditioner, be generous with the amount of the curling styler. Remember, it should be a product that is au naturale, so check the ingredients
8. Separate the hair into various sections, large ones only to apply the styler to your wet hair. Keep spraying the hair with water so it remains wet while you use the styler. Use your fingers to ensure that the product is applied from the roots to the end of the hair; use more behind the head and less in front for a classy effect.
See More: How To Care For Your Curly Hair
9. Now is when for a short time and on very low temperature you should use a hair dryer, if you are in a hurry. Or else, you could use a towel to wrap as a turban and wait for thirty minutes for the moisture to soak into the follicles, the hair strands and the scalp
10. After half an hour, remove the towel and flip your hair so that a flat top is avoided.
11. Let the hair be and do not touch it at all. If you touch, you would bring in the frizz
12. Air dry!!
Ready to heat things up with those hot curls!!
Images Source: Shutterstock