Gaining a lot of weight is just another side effect of pregnancy. A lot of weight is gained during the period of pregnancy and even after the delivery. Gaining weight is actually necessary for a woman to support the growing baby inside her. The kilos gained during pregnancy depend upon the woman’s size prior to the phase of pregnancy. Thus, it is highly recommended to get under a certain benchmark of weights before pregnancy to make the process easier for both the mother and the baby. Being within a range of weight highly decreases the chance of complications in a pregnancy. Nevertheless, it should be known that overweight pregnant women require extra amount of nutrients for their babies, making having a healthy eating plan very crucial. One should be aware of various diet plans for overweight pregnant women.
What To Eat:
Pregnancy can make women very anxious and skeptical about the food they consume. They rightly should be as what they eat directly affects the baby inside them. Overweight women should follow a strict diet which is nutritious and healthy, and religiously stick to it.
See More: Healthy Meals For Pregnancy
1. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains top the list of food to be included in the pregnancy meal plan for overweight pregnant women. They generally contain vital nutrients essential during pregnancy, such as folic acid, vitamin C and iron. They are filling and low on calories.
2. Lean proteins and low-fat dairy products are important sources of both protein and calcium, both very important in pregnancy diet for overweight.
3. Low-fat Greek yogurt, baked chicken breast and green beans are some healthy choices that should be incorporated in the diet list for overweight pregnant women.
4. Oils and sugars are not completely off the list, but its consumption should definitely be limitedas mentioned in the diet plan for overweight pregnancy.
5. Special attention should be given to how much you are eating. You should take small portions of food on a frequent basis. You need to learn to measure portion sizes and not go beyond that amount.Focus on controlling portions and intake by simply giving up the extras.
See More: Craving Salty Foods During Pregnancy
What Not To Do:
1. Pregnancy is definitely not the right time for weight loss dieting. Do not go on a crash diet to lose weight while you are pregnant. Overweight pregnant women should not try to diet in order to keep weight gain minimal.
2. Fad diets and excessive calorie restriction during pregnancy can react negatively with your body during this delicate phase. The body remains tired and weak during pregnancy. It should not be subjected to stress and suffering by cutting down on necessary nutrients from regular meals.
3. Instead of having unhealthy crash diets one should adopt healthy meals and include many nutrient-rich, low-calorie foods in the diet plan for overweight pregnancy. While it may be tempting to go for a drastic weight loss regime, overweight pregnant women should aim more for recommended daily caloric intake throughout their pregnancy.
4. Avoid including fast food, soda and sweets in the pregnancy meal plan for overweight women. A healthy diet plays a very significant role in your baby’s prenatal development. Messing up with the necessary pregnancy food intake may have life long health implications for the unborn baby.
See More: Diet In Third Trimester Of Pregnancy
Those were some of the popular and effective diet plans for overweight pregnant women. Apart from keeping a check on what and how much to eat, overweight pregnant women should also have some regular physical exercise done to keep the weight and health under control. To have a healthy pregnancy and a normal healthy baby, it is highly advised to take opinions from an expert dietician and come up with an effective pregnancy diet for overweight.