How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Acne?
Tea tree oil is prepared with steaming leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia. This has its native from Australia. Tea tree oil is often used in many skin care products like face packs and cleanses to reduce acne. This can lower the chances of getting acne on the face, as it works like benzoyl peroxide. Pure oil is 100% natural and doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals. But, also few of them can cause irritating, thus it is always recommended that you do skin test anytime before using it on face. The tea tree oil has a compound called turpentine which has antiseptic properties and hence there are a lots of benefits of tea tree oil for acne.
Tee Tree Oil For Acne And Acne Scars:
Effective treatment is tea tree oil for acne or pimples and thus can be used in various ways to get rid of them to give you a healthy and glowing skin. It has soothing and disinfecting properties and like other substances it won’t remove natural oils from your skin and cause further problems.
1. Apply tea tree oil directly to pimples as it has antiseptic properties that help to clear your pores and dry out the blackheads and whiteheads leaving your skin fresh and gorgeous.
2. If tea tree oil is harsh for your skin you can mix it with your kitchen ingredients. Mix aloe Vera gel with tea tree oil and then apply to skin on the effected parts to get rid of acne.
3. Mix the tea tree oil with your face mask and apply it to get relief from the pimples and acne scars.
4. A few amount of this can be added to your daily moisturizers and cleansers to combat the stubborn pimples.
5. Add a few amount to your bathing water to clear acne scars or pimples on your chest, back etc. It will also help to add scent to your bathing water.
How To Do Patch Test:
- Put a drop of tea tree oil on your skin where you wish to apply.
- If you have sensitive skin, add 2 drops on a clean cotton swab.
- Apply this oil and let it stay for few time.
- If the skin doesn’t cause burn, itchiness or any redness in 2 hours, you can opt to use the oil.
- Even if you get minor irritation, always dilute this by adding 50% warm water.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Reduce Acne:
Following are the few steps that you help you with the procedure to apply tea tree oil on your skin to get rid of acne and acne scars.
1. Cleanse your skin properly with some milk cleanser.
2. Put clean cotton swab in tea tree oil to apply this directly on your acne region.
3. Don’t rinse this.
4. Do this every morning and even evening.
What You Can Make From Tea Tree Oil To Apply On Acne:
You can make an astringent by mixing 4 drops of the tea tree oil with 1 cup water. Rinse with this astringent for just a single time in a day and not more than that. This will remove definitely the acnes or pimples and acne scars from skin.
2. Facial Mask:
You can also make a facial mask to reduce your acne.
- Just add 4 drops of the tea tree oil into 1 egg white. You will have to Whisk it really well. Apply the acne mask to your cleansed face. Leave this on the face for about 20 minutes. Rinse the mask well with clean lukewarm water. You can make Use of this facial mask just once in a week.
- Add 2 drops of the tea tree oil to 2 teaspoons aloe vera gel. Apply this pack directly on the acne to reduce it. You can also prepare this mask by adding tea tree oil to honey. Honey has antibacterial properties that help in skin healing. But if you have oily skin, skip this!
You can also make homemade facial scrub with this oil. Add 10 drops tea tree oil to half cup sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp honey. Massage gently with this scrub on your damp face in circular motions. Do this for 5 minutes and Wash with lukewarm water. Pat dries your face and applies moisturiser.
See More: Baking Soda For Acne Scars
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil On Acne:
- Tea tree oil is a disinfecting that has soothing property.
- This doesn’t takes off natural oils out of your skin, unlike any other treatment for acne.
- It doesn’t cause any skin damage.
- Tea tree oil can be applied directly to the pimples.
- This is a very natural and effective way for acne treatment.
- This has antibacterial properties that are the best treatment method for acne than using any harmful synthetic chemicals.
- You just need small amount to get into the skin.
- Tea tree oil unblocks the sebaceous glands and disinfects the pores.
- This oil is useful to dry whiteheads, blemishes, and blackheads.
- Tea tree oil is as effective as benzoyl peroxide in treating the acne.
- Tea tree oil contains antimicrobials and antiseptic properties that stops the growth of bacteria that cause acne breakouts.
- The oil penetrates deep into the pores and helps clear out the clogged pores and disinfect them.
- It works as a solvent to clean the skin from dirt and grease and helps to protect it.
- It is antibacterial, antifungal as well as antiviral and prevents acne breakouts and other skin related problems.
See More: Does Olive Oil Cause Acne
Little Precaution To Take While Using This Oil On The Face:
- Pure and undiluted oil is too harsh that can dry on your skin.
- It is advisable to dilute with some other oil before using.
- Always do patch test before suing this for spot treatment.
- Suing this oil in a face mask can kill bacteria and help to dry the pimples.
- Always use 100% pure tree oil not the products that display tea tree oil as ingredients.
- Always use tea tree oil for acne scars on clean and dry skin to get effective results.
- Be careful while using as to avoid contact with eyes.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Acne Using Simple Ingredients From Your Kitchen?
1. Take small amount of tea tree oil and mix it with aloe vera to form a solution. Apply this on your face and leave it till it dries. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
2. Take small amount of tea tree oil and you can replace your aloe vera with raw organic hone if you have and then apply the solution on your face. Leave it dry and then rinse with water. This helps in quick skin healing. This is one of the best tips of tee tree oil for acne and acne scars.
3. Take one teaspoon of tea tree oil along with one tea spoon of jojoba oil and then add half finely chopped potato and then mix the ingredients well. Apply the paste on your face. Rinse with warm water and then pat it dry. It helps to prevent acne and also helps in removal of scars left by pimples.
4. Take 5 drops of tea tree oil and mix one-fourth cup of plain yoghurt to prepare a paste. Apply this as a mask and let it dry. Wash with warm water after 15-20 minutes.
5. Take a few amount of tea tree oil and add 1-2 tablespoons of green clay powder. Mix it well to make it a paste. Apply this paste onto your face and especially on the effected areas. Let it dry. Wash it with lukewarm water and pat dry. After this apply a moisturizer.
Tea tree oil has been used since ancient times as an effective treatment to skin problems and thus is still popular today because of its beneficial properties. It helps to fight common problems of pimples or acne spots and also other skin problems. Using tea tree oil on regular basis will make you skin glow and get rid of the skin problems.
See More: How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne