25 Easy and Effective Yoga Poses For Losing Weight Fast
Yoga is one of oldest fitness forms, which dates back to many centuries. Now, this is considered as one of the best fitness form all over the world. If practiced regularly, yoga can benefit a person in many ways. Most people who perform yoga have reaped many health benefits. Today, performing yoga is not only the simplest form of exercise, but also a great reliever of stress and fatigue for both men and women.
If you have issues with your weight and want to reduce it easily and much faster, then yoga would be the ideal choice for you. There are many simple yoga asanas that aid in losing weight much faster. The benefits of doing yoga poses are many like:
1. It is very light on the joints and hence the chances of getting injuries are very minimal.
2. After taking basic guidance from a professional trainer, you could perform these asanas or postures from the comfort of your home.
Simple Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss for Beginners at Home with Pictures:
Performing yoga is very easy and all that it requires is comfortable clothing and a yoga mat. Here are some of the best yoga asanas with pictures for both women and men that you could do at your home for weight loss.
1. Baddha Konasana Yoga Pose (Butterfly Pose Yoga):
This yoga asana is best suited to work your inner thighs. The asana helps to strengthen the spine, knees and lower back. It tones the muscles at the groins. Women who have menstrual discomfort can benefit from this yoga. It also aids in improving digestion.
- Sit on your mat with legs stretched out in front of you.
- Now, sit erect with your spine straight and legs bent at your knees, with the soles of your feet facing each other.
- With the help of your hands pull your legs in such that the heels touch each other and they are as close to your pelvic bone as possible.
- Do not exert yourself while doing this and do only to the extent you are capable of. With more practice, the flexibility will improve.
Caution: This asana must be avoided if you have injured knees.
See More: Yoga To Increase Height
2. Halasana Yoga Pose (Plow Pose Yoga For Weight Loss):
People who have bad posture and sit for long hours can benefit from this pose. The asana helps to tone the muscles of the buttocks. It strengthens the thighs and the shoulders. It stimulates the function of many organs in the body like thyroid glands, lungs and abdominal organs. Therefore the blood is circulated evenly throughout the body, regulates hormone levels and improves digestion.
- Begin by lying on your back, with your feet flat on the floor and arms on your sides, palm facing downwards.
- Now raise your legs from the hips. Use your hands to support your hips by placing them on either side of the hips.
- Bending your legs at the hip, try to touch your toes to the floor behind your head. While doing so straighten your hands on the floor, with palm facing downwards.
- Remain in this position for 10-30 seconds and then roll back slowly to the original.
Caution : Do not perform this asana, if you suffer from liver disorders, diarrhea, hypertension or have had a history of a neck injury.
3. Bridge Pose Yoga for Lose Weight (Setu Bandhasana Yoga):
If you would like to tone your abs and thighs and strengthen your shoulders, then this is the asana that you should be performing. The asana helps to relax the mind, by relieving stress. The other benefits are improving digestion, reducing menstrual discomforts and stretching the spine. Blood pressure is also controlled by performing this asana.
- Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and arms on either side.
- Now while exhaling, push your torso up, off the floor, such that your neck and head are flat on the floor and in line with your feet.
- Do not over exert yourself while you arch your spine in this position.
- For more flexibility, you may clasp your fingers below your arch, or grab on to your ankles from the inside.
Caution : You must avoid doing this pose, if you have had a history of neck injury or back injury.
4. Ardha Matsyendrasana Pose (Half Lord Of The Fishes Pose Yoga):
The asana aims to increase the capacity of your lungs, so that the lungs can hold more oxygen. It also helps to stimulate the digestive system and helps to burn the fat in your body. The asana aids in stretching the spine and also tones the thighs and abdominal muscles.
- Sit on the ground with your legs stretched in front of you, with feet together and the spine erect.
- Now bend your left leg and place it next to your right hip.
- Take your right leg over your left knee and place your left hand’s elbow on the right knee with your hand straight and face the opposite direction. Place your right hand on the ground with the palm facing downward.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds and return to original.
Caution : People with back injury must perform this only under the help of a trainer.
5. Utkatasana Yoga Pose (Chair Pose Yoga For Weight Loss):
This asana focuses on strengthening the core muscles, thighs and tones the buttocks. Therefore it requires concentration and focus on this muscles that are used to perform this yoga asana to remove excessive fat from body.
- Stand on the yoga mat with your palms folded (Namaste).
- Raise your hands above your head and bend at your knee so that your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this position as long as you can taking deep breaths and then return to original position.
Caution : This asana must not be performed by those who have knee injury or back injury.
See More: Yoga To Reduce Hair Fall