Now your normal pregnancy days are already over, and you can think of your 10th month of pregnancy as a new stage- more like you are working overtime. This trimester will bring in a lot of symptoms and developments. You have started to become more conscious, and your baby has started showing all symptoms of being interactive. Soon enough, he will see the light of the world.
What To Think About This Month:
You will notice that your lifestyle has now become healthier than before. You can thank your baby for the same. You will also think about how your baby is due soon and what you want to do about him. The 10th month of pregnancy is a great start for you now to begin planning for your baby’s crib or space where he will live, or maybe you can also start to buy your baby’s clothes if you have not already bought them. That is given that you have already determined your baby’s gender and decided on the clothes your kid is going to wear.
Fetal Development of the Baby:
The amniotic fluid level will reduce this month, which signifies that your kid’s kidneys have now started to work properly. The cortisol is produced now, and the whole situation is progressing through the month and you feel your belly is less puffed up.
At this stage, the body of your little one has started developing antibodies which are there to protect him from prone illness. You might have noticed that your weight increases slowly and this happens because the baby’s body is now strong enough. He has grown strong arms and muscles and his head starts his progression down to your pelvic region. However, since your cervix isn’t dilated enough, to trigger contraction this process takes time. The baby’s bones are developed but not that strong enough to hurt your internal organs when he is coming out.
The last month has gone by, and your baby has started with his prominent skeletal structure development. His skin has started getting plumper with every fleeting day and the soft lanugos that happen to be in his body have now been sheltered. The hair present on his scalp has now started to get its colour and this is due to pigments too. The saggy skin he once had has started to get better now.
Your body can allow your little one to be in any position. You sleep sideways or tilted and even a breach. The point is that the position of the birth is only known during the last week of Pregnancy is nearing. Until then, your baby will have a gala time in a sac of your uterus.
As your baby has grown fully into the human structure when he will come out, but he still grows even after 9 months time. He will weigh somewhere under a kilo, but most often he might be around 900 grams or so. There is still a long way for him in the scene, but your discomfort will come to an end by this last month when he comes out of your womb.
So far, till the 9th month, the focus was on your little one’s lungs and their development. But now that your baby has developed entirely, you can expect him to master normal breathing using his nostrils. They are opening up for the little time he has left for adjustment before he comes out. You can expect less sneezing since his mouth-breathing days are over.
Symptoms of 10th Month Pregnancy and How to Overcome?
At this stage, you will tire out easily same as before and will also find trouble falling asleep. Nights might seem strange as you will be sleepless to pass the time you will stare at the ceiling and worry about life problems. Apart from that, continued discomfort and pain will not leave you alone and trying to struggle with the right sleeping position. The overcome these issues you must take care of your general health and follow instructions from your family members who have been before in this situation. Do avoid sleeping pills entirely.
10th Month Activities:
The activities this month will be limited as that belly bump is there to make you work hard without tiring out. Aside from that, the belly bump will give you chances to most of your time in the washroom, urinating the whole time. You will expect your activities to involve a lot of time in the kitchen looking for food to avoid fatigue. More checkups and more tests are added this month. You can get involved in your favourite exercises as long as you are not tired. Taking proper rest and diet is very important for your situation and you must maintain it.
Diet and Exercise for the 10th Month:
- As calcium is a crucial product for your child’s and your development. It is a rich source of all the healthy developments of the body like teeth and bones, thus it is indeed a mega food advised by doctors from starting. All milk products like yoghurt, cheese and cream are rich in calcium and safe for consumption twice a week, but not more than that.
- At the stage, your 10th month in your pregnancy phase, you need a lot of magnesium in the body. You may feel strange but there is a reason behind this, magnesium helps your body to absorb the calcium that it needs. Magnesium can be found in Almonds, berries and beans.
- One of the most important nutrients to include in your diet is Folic acid. Folic acid helps reduce birth defects in your child.
Sex During Pregnancy in the 10th Month:
While intimacy might not exactly be what your plate is right now with everything crazy going on, however, talking to your partner might do wonders for you in this situation. It will surely divert your mind from all the stress that is bringing you down for some time at least, nothing works better, isn’t it? Of course, you will first think of your child’s health, but there is no need to worry about it since the sac is always present to keep him protected all the time. In the end, sex could trigger contractions for you, and when you are already late, that should work like a charm for you, isn’t it?
Tips To Overcome Stress During Pregnancy:
- Financial issues need your attention right away, and the 10th month is here, meaning you are already running late on the charts and now would be the right time to start off.
- You must take rest much as you can as at this stage your hormones will change by developing baby. Make sure stress does not affect your sleeping routine.
- Don’t let technology take over you. Yes, the internet is a fun place for online discussion and seeking solution for every problem; however, remember that every pregnancy is different and treated in the same way. Don’t let yourself stress out, just because it’s your 10th month which is not common among all.
- Sit down with your partner and start with the formulation of a parental plan. Now is the right time for all discussions from deciding the name of your child to how you want to deliver.
- Baby-proof the house if you still haven’t, since that helps get your worries about your baby’s safety after birth sorted.
Medical Treatments and Checkups:
Health issues and checkups to keep in mind always, but since it’s your 10th month, it can be safely assumed that you must have been following it. Blood tests are common which make things clear for you and occasional ultrasounds are done during this time to have an eye on everything. Even spinal fluids and HCG fluids are tested to determine any abnormalities in the fetus, given he is late for delivery. Here are few medicines which you must keep by your bedside :
- Aches and pains- Acetaminophen. Steer clear of Ibuprofen and Naproxen.
- Allergy- Antihistamines and Ioratidine. Try to avoid Pseudoephedrine and Decongestants like Phenylephrine.
- Cough- Dextromethorphan and Guaifenesin.
- Constipation- Metamucil and Colace. Avoid laxatives and mineral oil.
- Heartburn- Antacids and Famotidine.
Tips and Precautions:
- Your posture should be corrected by now since even the slightest mistake in your body can imbalance you make you fall and harm your baby.
- Sleeping less than 10 hours can threaten your baby’s weight and they are delivered underweight.
- You will experience contractions more than often now. Learn to recognize the difference between false contractions, the actual ones and Braxton Hicks.
- You need to keep yourself hydrated at all times. If liquid makes you bloated, try fruits with high water content.
- Let your doctor know about every unusual symptom, so she can analyze what your situation is at present since it will vary for you now that you are late and into the 10th month.
Pregnancy at this stage gets better with time. Now you are getting ready to face all the sweet responsibilities and the seriousness of the situation. Wish you good, just like previous trimesters you move on smoothly with this one too. The 10th month is here, and you are just as worried about the new changes and how you will deal with them, but worry not! The time of pregnancy makes a mother way more responsible, and strong and you will see how your instincts will never allow you to cloud your judgment so that you are just as great a pregnant woman as you were last month. Soar high and do well with your pregnancy!