African braid hairstyles are not quite new to most of us all across the globe. We all know the versatility and unique trend inbuilt within these styles. The hairstyles are inspired by music and pop-jazz culture, which gradually became famous all over the world. The African with braids hairstyles are entirely intrinsic and are a form of art – not everyone can do it quickly. They require patience and professionalism. Those who love art and creativity love to replicate similar styles and gone are the days you think only African nationals can try these styles out.
15 Best African Braid Hairstyles:
Do you want to experiment with the new and latest African Braid hairstyles? Here we show you the unique and latest models of African braid hairstyles you must not miss.
1. Protective Curly Braid African Hairstyles:
Protective hairstyles are always best for flaunting fashion and staying safe with the hair health. We have the best protective curly braid hairstyles for women. This natural braided hairstyle fits women with naturally dense curly hair. It is a classic choice, and although it takes a while to handle the look, it is perfect and beautiful.
2. Long Cornrow African Braid Hairstyles:
You can also check out this cornrow African braid hairstyles for ladies. Women with oval faces can try this look for an instantly gorgeous and stunning appearance. The long hair length can further add to the beauty and bring a vibrant and striking style statement. Check this out, and you sure will be impressed.
3. African Braid Hairstyles with Beads:
This lovely African braid hairstyle looks with beads is yet another win. While beads hairstyles have always been phenomenal and mesmerizing, the African braid with beads combination is sure to impress you and all the onlookers. It adds to the glow and peppy look and stands out with elegance and charm. Do you agree?
4. African Braid Hairstyles for Short Hair:
Even short hair can nail the African braid hairstyles; here is an example. The trendy and unique braided look for women is a perfect choice for those who love low maintenance but do not want to compromise on contemporary fashion and make a style statement. Women with any face structure and hair texture can try this versatile hairstyle. It also can be styled on several occasions and will exude a dreamy look immensely.
Read: Short Braids Hairstyles
5. African-French Braid Hairstyles:
Have you ever seen the crisscross between French braids and African braids? If not, this African French braid hairstyle is one of a kind and definitely worth a try. If you have long hair length, good fine hair texture and thick hair, it is a perfect choice to give this a way into your personal style statement. It is intricate, beautiful and exquisite; and will undoubtedly add to your peppy and charming vibe.
6. The African Braid Hairband Look:
This look is meant for parties or even offices. It keeps the hair away from the face. To get this look, comb the hair neatly. Then take the hair from near the temples and start braiding the hair. Stop when you reach the corner and clip it. Your look is complete! These cute African braid hairstyles are quite easy to do and are simple yet glowing too!
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type can try this style out.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this style for a heart and square face shape only.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 30s can try this style to look youthful!
- Perfect Outfit: Single piece dresses or skirts can look gorgeous here.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this side braided African for simple dinner events or parties.
- Perfect Season to Try: Summers is a good time to try this style out.
7. The African Braid Bun Look:
This is a classic African wedding hairstyle look. The African zipper braids look replicated near the crown here and are made as a bun. To get this look, comb the hair neatly. Then take sections of three, and make a plait. Repeat this till the hair is covered with individual plaits, and you have braids. Then take the braids and carefully knot them into a bun, and clip the bun with hairpins. Your look is complete!
- Matching Hair Type: Straight and wavy hairstyle can go well in this look.
- Matching Face Shape: wear this style for oval and elongated face shapes.
- Suitable Age Group: Women below the 40’s age group can try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit: Long gown can be apt for this hairstyle and perfect fit!
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this for parties with friends or family.
- Perfect Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are a good time to try this style out.
8. The African Braid with Curls Look:
This look is mainly for parties and such. Then take sections of three, and make a plait. Repeat this till the hair is covered with individual plaits, and you have braids. Then take the ends of the hair and comb them again. Take a curler and curl the ends. Clip the ends in front. Your look is complete! This is the best African Rasta braid for Curly hair.
- Matching Hair Type: Curly and wavy hair can look good in this style.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this style if you have an oval and round face shape.
- Suitable Age Group: Those in their early 20s can look gorgeous in this style.
- Perfect Outfit: Wear any outfit of your choice with this hairstyle!
- Preferable Occasion: This signature African braid style can look right to college events.
- Perfect Season to Try: Winters is an apt time to try this style out.
Read: Micro Braids Styles
9. The Blonde African Braid with Highlights Look:
This look is suitable for those with blonde hair. You may highlight the hair to make the braids for long hair look pretty. To get this look, comb the hair neatly. Then take sections of three, and make a plait. Repeat this till the hair is covered with individual plaits, and you have braids. Your look is complete!
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type can totally go well in this look.
- Matching Face Shape: All face shapes are apt in this look.
- Suitable Age Group: Those women in their early 20s can look youthful and radiant in this style.
- Perfect Outfit: Wear this African tribal braid with a cute sleek dress only.
- Preferable Occasion: Parties are apt occasions to try this style.
- Perfect Season to Try: This is good to go during winter.
10. Hip-Hop Braided Look:
In case you are in an artistic and creative industry like tattoos and music, well, why not have the chirpy side of look?! This one is one such kind of stylish and edgy makeover one may not want to miss. Try this style if you want to have the fun-loving and quirky side of style with you. This hippie hairstyle is unique and will make you stand out from the crowd given the edgy makeover it comes in with! This is a variant of the braided ponytail African and however, requires professional help to work on this style.
- Matching Hair Type: Long hair with any texture can fit in an apt way in this style.
- Matching Face Shape: All face shapes can go well in this look.
- Suitable Age Group: Wear this for women in their 20s and 30s only.
- Perfect Outfit: Western top and shorts or jeans can look good in this style.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this African French braid for a daily makeover and casual outings.
- Perfect Season to Try: Winter and monsoon seasons are best in this style.
11. Box Braided Bun:
This bridal bun hairstyle is the latest and unique style for most modern women who are seeking and looking out for something new. In case you want tight, and sleek box braids and have a unique and edgy sleek style then this loose kind of flowy bun can be an apt fit for you. Women who love to have an elegant and youthful look can try this style out. This look evergreen style will never go out of fashion and looks trendy!
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type can go well in this look.
- Matching Face Shape: Wear this style with oval and round faces.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 30s and 40s can look beautiful in this one.
- Perfect Outfit: Wear this with an edgy western wear dress or gown only.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this with high-end parties and dinner events.
- Perfect Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
12. Side Lock Rope Braid Look:
Those who do not want to work on style often and maintain it heavily may seek a simple going and low maintenance style. This is one such variant of African braids. This has braids coming in from the crown area from both sides and goes in till the end of the hair. Despite the length of the hair, one can quickly try this style in a similar way without any doubt as it goes well in any hair length. This African Dutch braid looks gorgeous for younger age girls.
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair texture can go in to fit well in this look.
- Matching Face Shape: Round, oval and square face shapes can go well in this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Girls and women below 22 years can look into this trend.
- Perfect Outfit: Wear this with a casual outfit of your choice on regular days.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this style for regular school or college going times.
- Perfect Season to Try: Summers is a good time to try this African side braids look.
13. Synthetic Twist Braids:
If you want a simple look yet want to flaunt it in style, well we have that variant as well for you. This is not over the bold look but is rather simple twist raids which are done totally from the crown of the hair. This looks not just simple but also gives a sleek and edgy feeling at one glance itself! The grace and versatility associated with this style are immense, and one cannot turn their head away without admiring the intrinsic braid design here.
- Matching Hair Type: Straight or wavy hair texture can go well in this style.
- Matching Face Shape: Square, heart and elongated face shapes are best for this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Young girls below 30 years can go well in this look.
- Perfect Outfit: Quirky and edgy dresses can go well with this style.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this style for night parties or lunches with friends.
- Perfect Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
Read: Tree Braids Hair
14. The Braided Bun:
This tight braided bun is a sleek and edgy look which most of us admire today. Here the braids are brought in from the crown and head area, yet the twisted braids are done from the lower part to make it to the bun effectively. Women who want a comfortable yet edgy look can prefer this style to others. These small African braids are good to go for everyday purposes and outings without hassles and maintenance issues.
- Matching Hair Type: Long hair can be good to flaunt in the bun densely.
- Matching Face Shape: All face shapes are well in this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Those in their 20s can look sleek and beautiful here.
- Perfect Outfit: Nice sleek dresses or skirts can go well in this look.
- Preferable Occasion: Wear this for lunches with friends or family.
- Perfect Season to Try: Summers is an apt time to try this style out.
15. Fashion African Braid Hairstyle:
Any fashion or high-end party demands a sleek and unique style which most of us did not wear or know before. This is one such unique style that we all admire for the intricate rope design braid within. Those who have an active public life and want to try out a sleek design for a nice party can try this hairstyle out. This is not easy to do and needs lots of assistance; however, it looks fantastic with its twisted braids and turns.
- Matching Hair Type: Curly and wavy hair texture can go well in this style.
- Matching Face Shape: Round and heart face shapes can look good in this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Those below 35 years can try this lookout.
- Perfect Outfit: Wear a long gown in this style to look good.
- Preferable Occasion: Parties and similar events of higher-end can be an apt occasion.
- Perfect Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
- Make sure to change and makeover your braids once in four to six weeks without fail.
- Take professional help while doing these braids, as the look and texture can get messy if done on one’s own.
- Make sure hair is moisturized and well-nourished to look shiny and thick.
- Work on a hair spa when you remove the braids to revamp and revitalize the hair effectively.
- Once you remove, the braids, give the hair some time to breathe in between.
- Condition your hair thoroughly to make it look shiny and radiant.
The African braid hairstyles are among most sought all across the globe in today’s era, given the intricate and thick styles and variants across. Anyone who loves different unique styles can quite try these hairstyles out without fail. They look mesmerizing and radiant without a doubt, and we cannot help but fall in love!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Can African braids suit younger girls below 18 years?
Ans: Side African braids and African French braids are the coolest, and smart styles younger girls can try out. They are apt and absolutely can look youthful too!
Q2. How long do African braids generally last?
Ans: The longest you think the African braids can last is 12 weeks. This is the easiest way you can maintain hair in braids without maintaining and tying hair. But make sure the moisture in the scalp lasts.
Q3. Can I use dry shampoo when in braids style?
Ans: Yes, absolutely! Dry shampoos are the easiest and most innovative technique to wash hair without hopping before the shower. They help to revitalize hair effectively.