Aloe Vera is nature’s best gift to mankind. This humble-looking pricky plant has magical properties that are known to heal many ailments related to skin, hair and health. Aloe Vera has been used for many centuries for its therapeutic properties and is a common ingredient in most cosmetic and healthcare products. We have many aloe vera oil benefits for hair, skin and health disorders. Aloe Vera oil is extracted by mixing the plant’s gel in a carrier oil. This is applied to the affected areas to soothe and relieve the area of problems. In this article, we shall guide you about aloe vera oil uses & how to prepare aloe vera oil at home.
Table Of Content:
Aloe Vera Oil Key Aspects:
- What Is Aloe vera Oil?
- Is Aloe Vera Oil Safe?
- Composition Of Aloe Vera Oil
- Aloe Vera Oil Nutrition Facts
- How To Make Aloe Vera Oil At Home?
Aloe Vera Oil Benefits For Health:
- Aloe Vera Oil Helps In Preventing Cancer
- Aloe Vera Oil For The Immune System
- Aloe Vera Oil Acts As Anti Inflammatory
- Aloe Vera Oil Controls Blood Sugar Cholesterol
- Aloe Vera Oil Works As Anti Microbial
- Aloe Vera Oil As Wound Healer
- Aloe Vera Oil Treats Fungal Infection
- Pain Relief Oil
- Dental Care
Aloe Vera Oil Benefits For Hair:
- Aloe Vera Oil For Hair Health
- Aloe Vera Oil For Scalp PH Balance and Dryness
- Aloe Vera Oil For Hair Regrowth
- Aloe Vera Oil For Anti-Dandruff Treatment
Aloe Vera Oil Benefits For Face and Skin:
- Aloe Vera Oil For Cosmetics
- Aloe Vera Oil Treats Skin Problems
- Aloe Vera Oil As A Natural Deodorant
- Aloe Vera Oil For Aroma Therapy
- Aloe Vera Oil Provides Anti Oxidants
- Aloe Vera Oil To Cure Acne and Scars
- Aloe Vera Oil For Skin Lightening
Aloe Vera Oil Other Aspects:
What Is Aloe vera Oil?
Aloe vera oil is not a pure oil extracted from the aloe plant. It is made by mixing the natural aloe vera gel in any carrier oil to enhance its properties and make it easy to apply. Cold-pressed coconut oil is a preferred oil, known for its natural healing properties. One can also add essential oils like rose, peppermint, lavender, etc., to make the oil aromatic and added benefits.
Is Aloe Vera Oil Safe?
Aloe vera oil is completely safe to use when applied topically. Coconut oil which is usually harmless may cause breakouts in certain people. One can replace it with sunflower oil, a cheaper and non-comedogenic option. If you plan to consume aloe oil internally, one may experience dehydration and stomach disorders, as it contains coconut oil.
Composition Of Aloe Vera Oil:
Aloe vera is a storehouse of many nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This miraculous oil is composed of:
1. Amino Acids:
- Aloe vera oil has 20 amino acids, including essential amino acids.
- Aloe vera is mineral-rich and packed with copper, magnesium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- These are antiviral agents which include aloin, cinnamic acid ester, and aloe-emodin.
4. Lipid Compounds:
- Aloe vera oil consists of fatty acids like arachidonic acid, gamma-linoleic acid.
- It consists of many vitamins including Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, and Vitamin B6.
Aloe Vera Oil Nutrition Facts:
Aloe vera oil is made by mixing Aloe vera juice or gel in a carrier oil. The following are the nutrition facts of Aloe vera (without taking into consideration the nutrition of oil):
1 Cup Of Aloe Vera Juice Has:
- Sodium: 3 % of DV
- Vitamin C: 100 % of DV
- Calcium: 4 % of DV
- Carbohydrates: 1 %
- Magnesium: 1 % of DV
- Total Calories: 12
How To Make Aloe Vera Oil At Home:
Aloe Vera oil is made available in the market by several brands. However, they contain chemicals and preservatives. Preparing the oil at home is a simple, safe, and effective way to attain maximum benefits:
You Will Need:
- ½ Cup Fresh Aloe Vera Gel.
- ½ Cup Cold Pressed Coconut Oil.
- 3 Drops Of Essential Oil Like Rose, Peppermint, Sandalwood, etc.,
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Vessel
Steps To Make:
- Mix freshly extracted Aloe Vera gel and coconut oil in a 1:1 ratio in a mixing bowl.
- Add a few drops of essential oil like Jasmine, Rose, citrus depending on the ailment.
- Transfer this oil in a vessel and heat it for about 10 minutes.
- Store in a glass container after cooling it.
Shelf Life: The oil lasts for about 2 weeks. You can increase its life by storing it in a refrigerator.
Research-Based Aloe Vera Oil Benefits:
Here we have some of the top-notch aloe vera oil uses that can be used for the achievement of various goals for the body, hair as well as for the skin. Use them regularly to get visible outcomes that you are satisfied with.
A) Aloe Vera Oil Benefits For Health:
Here we enlisted 9 best aloe vera oil benefits for health. Let’s have a look into them.
1. Aloe Vera Oil Helps In Preventing Cancer:
- One of the best benefits that you would want for yourself by using Aloe Vera oil is to prevent cancer.
- There are antioxidants in the liquid that helps in preventing the free radicals from damaging the cells and thus prevents and protects the body from colon cancer.
- It is also oil that helps in overcoming the side effects caused by chemotherapy.
- It also reduces the speed of tumour growth.
- This is one of the most useful benefits of aloe vera oil.
See More: Benefits Of Aloe Vera
2. Aloe Vera Oil For The Immune System:
- Aloe Vera oil is known to strengthen the immune system to a great extent.
- It helps in keeping the blood glucose levels at a balance because of this benefit and control diabetes as well as cures issues of epilepsy, osteoarthritis, and asthma.
- Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties as well that make the immunity strong.
3. Aloe Vera Oil Acts As Anti Inflammatory:
Aloe Vera contains within itself the properties of anti-inflammation that immediately soothes and softens the affected area while cooling down the inflamed swelling, thereby also reducing the redness and the pain. This is not only limited to skin issues but inflamed joints and bone structures as well.
How To Use:
- Add aloe oil to a mixture of turmeric and honey and apply to the affected inflamed area.
4. Aloe Vera Oil Controls Blood Sugar Cholesterol:
- Aloe Vera oil benefits also include containing your cholesterol levels while soothing your blood sugar level so that you can always function healthy and strong.
- To avail of this benefit, one should especially take note to the edible aloe vera oil while purchasing, something that can easily be added to your everyday diet.
- Aloe Vera, with its medicinal properties, maintains your blood sugar levels while adjusting your cholesterol levels to perfection.
5. Aloe Vera Oil Works As Anti Microbial:
- Aloe Vera is enriched in antimicrobial properties, something that accounts to its medicinal values.
- Destroying the germs within, Aloe Vera oil, edible can be added to the diets to maintain proper digestion and smooth working of your body functions.
- The same accounts for skin issue that once again uses the antimicrobial qualities to keep skin taut and staunch.
6. Aloe Vera Oil As Wound Healer:
Aloe Vera oil for skin is highly cicatrizing in nature; that is, it enhances the quick healing of wounds. Open wounds on the skin might look ghastly and might take even a longer time to heal. In such a situation, use the benefits of essential aloe oil to cure or close up a wound at a speedier rate.
How To Use:
- Clean the wound first with an antiseptic, and once the bleeding stops, apply aloe oil to a cotton ball and keep the wound covered and moist.
See More: Aloe Vera Juice Health Benefits
7. Aloe Vera Oil Treats Fungal Infection:
- Aloe Vera has anti-fungal properties.
- Often fungal infections can occur in the skin causing nasty marks and even nastier conditions for your skin.
- In such a case, even the scalp can be the victim of fungal problems.
- Just use the aloe vera oil benefits to cure fungal problems.
8. Pain Relief Oil:
- Aloe Vera oil acts as good massage oil which can treat joint pains, arthritis, and other pains in the body.
- By infusing peppermint, wintergreen essential oils, you can enhance its properties to offer soothing and comforting relief from pain.
- You can also experience relief from inflammation caused by injuries or muscle strain.
9. Dental Care:
Suffering from toothache, Gingivitis, and plaque? Both Aloe Vera and coconut oil are great for good oral health.
How To Use:
- Aloe Vera, when mixed with coconut oil, can offer relief from periodontal diseases.
- The oil must be massaged on gums for 5 minutes to attain relief from dental worries.
B) Aloe Vera Oil Benefits For Hair:
Here we enlisted the 4 best aloe vera oil benefits for hair. Let’s have a look into them.
10. Aloe Vera Oil For Hair Health:
How To Use:
- Using Aloe Vera oil with a carrier oil for a hair massage will help in the prevention and treatment of hair fall, which is quite a common problem nowadays.
- Thick, long, conditioned hair is what you will get with Aloe Vera oil use.
- It also treats the dryness of the hair strands and healthy scalp with a jojoba oil mix.
11. Aloe Vera Oil For Scalp PH Balance and Dryness:
- Even though it has been mentioned in the prior point that aloe oil enhances good quality hair and induces growth and thickness in it, there are other benefits that people are still not aware of.
- Aloe Vera oil for hair not only maintains the PH balance of your scalp but also makes sure over-drying doesn’t result in repetitive dandruff problems.
- Keep your hair stronger than ever now with a little help from the Aloe Vera oil.
See More: Aloe Vera For Cancer Treatment
12. Aloe Vera Oil For Hair Regrowth:
- Aloe oil is a wonderful agent to promote new hair growth.
- Even if you have a bald patch caused by previous chemical treatments or medications, Aloe Vera oil can stimulate hair follicles.
- It also nourishes your hair strands to prevent hair breakage, split ends, and frizz.
13. Aloe Vera Oil For Anti-Dandruff Treatment:
- If you are suffering from a flaky, itchy scalp caused due to dandruff, Aloe Vera and coconut concoction work wonders.
- The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties of Aloe Vera oil helps in bringing down the yeast multiplication on the scalp.
- It also reduces excess sebum and maintains oil balance.
Aloe Vera Oil Benefits For Face and Skin:
Here we enlisted 7 best aloe vera oil benefits for the skin and face. Let’s have a look into them.
14. Aloe Vera Oil For Cosmetics:
- Aloe Vera itself is one of the natural products that help in maintaining skin health.
- It is thus useful for cosmetic purposes and is used in products to reduce the ill effects of the harmful rays of the sun.
- Many moisturizing lotions and creams have Aloe Vera oil.
- It can be used in various homemade packs as well.
15. Aloe Vera Oil Treats Skin Problems:
- Aloe Vera oil skin benefits are numerous.
- It is also known for the treatment of various infections on the skin.
- You can use this oil as a spot treatment for acne and breakouts.
16. Aloe Vera Oil As A Natural Deodorant:
- Aloe Vera oil has a great smell due to essential oils, and therefore it can be used as a natural deodorant to remove the body odour.
- It also controls the perspiration problems of the body.
- Aloe Vera Oil can be applied in the underarms to solve this problem, or a spray can be made at home for achieving the purpose.
See More: Side Effects of Aloe Vera
17. Aloe Vera Oil For Aroma Therapy:
- Combined with other essential oils, the Aloe Vera oil makes a perfect option for aromatherapy and rejuvenation of skin and mind.
- The astringent properties also help in repairing the damaged skin to a good extent.
- For those who want a revived feel, try an Aloe Vera oil massage combined with any other that you like. It is bound to help you in a great way.
18. Aloe Vera Oil Provides Anti Oxidants:
- The high levels of antioxidants in aloe vera oil are a perfect one for good skin health and to prevent ageing.
- It also protects the skin from any sun radiation.
- Aloe vera oil can heal sunburns and scars.
19. Aloe Vera Oil To Cure Acne and Scars:
- Ghritkumari uses its properties to cure minor issues like acne.
- Aloe oil in its potent form can be applied to the spot and cure at the earliest is guaranteed. Also, acne at times tends to leave easy marks which can also be tackled using the goodness of aloe oil.
- Apart from this, you can also prevent your skin from tanning and overexposure to the sun by using aloe as a soothing sun tan applicator.
20. Aloe Vera Oil For Skin Lightening:
How To Use:
- Preparing Aloe Vera oil with almond oil and mixing it with turmeric can act as a skin whitener.
- Aloe vera oil reduces pigmentation caused by melanin production.
- Regular usage can help in rendering even skin tone.
How To Use Aloe Vera Massage Oil?
If you are suffering from chronic joint and muscle pains due to arthritis, rheumatism or injuries, Aloe Vera body oil can offer a great relief when used for massages:
- When preparing Aloe Vera oil to add a few drops of pain relief, essential oils like Peppermint, rosehip, Lavender or Marjoram.
- Slightly warm the oil before you begin massaging.
- Take a few drops of this warm oil on the affected area and using fingertips rub in circular movements.
- Massage for 2-3 minutes.
- You can also follow it with a heat pack for quick pain relief.
Side Effects Of Aloe Vera Oil:
While Aloe Vera oil is usually non-allergic, one may experience certain complications listed below:
- Aloe Vera may cause skin irritation and redness in certain cases. However, this is usually noticed when applied directly on the affected skin.
- Aloe Vera oil, when made with coconut oil may cases rashes in some people. You can replace it with coconut or olive oil.
- When consuming Aloe Vera oil, ensure you make it with food-grade oil.
- Edible Aloe Vera oil must be free from essential oils.
- Aloe Vera oil when ingested may trigger vomiting and dehydration.
Aloe vera oil may not be a popular form of using this wonderful plant. We hope this article helped you understand the miracles of this oil. Aloe Vera oil is fast gaining popularity, particularly in the beauty industry, where its role is indispensable in the making of many skin and hair care products. The amazing aloe vera oil benefits when combined with the goodness of coconut and essential oils, make it an elixir that can treat numerous problems. As mentioned above, we recommend making this easy-to-make oil at home for increasing its effectiveness and ensuring safety standards. Also, don’t forget to go organic!
Let us know if you still have any doubts or concern about the aloe vera oil benefits for skin, hair, and health. We would love to assist you with the best solutions and answers.