It is a very special day. It has been a year or probably even years since two people have been together. An anniversary is a very special day for any couple. This would call for a celebration, and no celebration is complete without a nice yummy lip-smacking delicious cake. There might be dozens of cake designers for you to choose from. But which cake would you choose?
9 Latest and Special Wedding Anniversary Cakes Designs 2022:
Read further on to see some of the best cakes that can make an anniversary special.
1. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
The red velvet cake is a very traditional cake. This is a beautiful layered cake, mostly found in colours like dark red, bright red or reddish-brown. The red colour is mostly attained by adding colour or beetroot. The cream cheese frosting makes the cake most delighting.
2. Vanilla Cake with Pistachio and Apricot Buttercreams:
There is nothing as classy as a vanilla cake. The cake is mostly used as a base for many flavours. The ideal flavour to go for icing with a vanilla cake for a wedding anniversary would be nut flavours, the ideal ones being pistachio and apricot buttercreams.
3. The Classic Black Forest:
The black forest has always remained a classic favourite for many people. The cake that has a chocolate base with fresh white cream icing and shredded chocolate glazed on it is ideal for many occasions. It is also one of the easiest to order and take delivery these days.
See More: Greeting Cards for Anniversary
4. Angel Food cake with Lime, Coconut and Blood Orange Buttercreams:
Many of us usually have heard of the Devil’s food cake. But here is its nicer twin, the Angel food cake. This is a spongy cake. The cake is popular in the United States as the “food of the angels”. Usually a vanilla based cake, the ideal topping to go for would be lime, coconut and blood orange buttercreams
5. Pistachio Cake with Honey Buttercream:
The light green cake with white coloured honey buttercream icing is as delightful to the eye as it is to the stomach. The pistachio nuts flavour and the honey buttercream is a total treat, making it an ideal anniversary cake.
6. Toasted Almond Cake with Mascarpone Cream and Amarena Cherries:
The cake seems heavenly, with layers rich with mascarpone cream, studded with amarena cherries. The cake seems like a masterpiece, making it a sure luxury for an anniversary.
See More: Best Anniversary Gifts
7. Lemon Frosted Lemon Cake:
Lemon cakes are highly moist but have a dense texture. The cake is a buttery yet sweet cake. The lemon flavour makes the cake slightly tangy. A simple lemon glaze is used as frosting.
8. Milk Chocolate Cupcakes:
Cupcakes have slowly started to replace the traditional large cakes. (Saves the time to slice and serve). Chocolate based cake with milk chocolate icing, though highly simple, makes it an elegant cake for an anniversary.
9. Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting:
This is a dense cake but still moist. Although the plain banana cake is delicious, as it is, the chocolate frosting makes the cake even more delicious.
Few Tips before Purchasing a Cake:
1. The Baker or The Cake Designer: While selecting the right cake designer, look for references and also some of the previous cakes that they have made.
2. Shape and Size: Cakes come in all sizes. Traditional ones come in several layers. Depending on the number of guests, decide on the quantity so that the right shape and size can be sorted.
3. The Cake Fillings and Icing: While deciding on this, it would be ideal to look into the tastes of the couple. Also some of them are allergic to few nuts and ingredients used.
4. Theme of Decoration: If the wedding anniversary has a theme, ensure that the cake blends into the theme. The cake might or else seem out of place.
Munch on and have a fabulous anniversary !!