Heart diseases are quite common these days. Don’t blame it on the unhealthy environment these days. Human habits have become extremely unhealthy. Eating lots of junk oily street foods, no physical work, sleeping late and drinking are regular parts of today’s lifestyle. These all have adverse effects on our health. And even in some cases these can cause serious damage to your internal health system. One of the most common diseases is heart attacks. Actually heart attack is the most advanced stage of this exercise. What happens in beginning is heart related disorders and heart aches and other issues.
But if not properly taken care it can cause heart attacks too. Earlier heart related disorders were quite common in persons aged 50 years, but today even young persons aged 20-30 years are suffering from this heart related disorders. One of the most common heart diseases is hypertension or high blood pressure.
Women are naturally immune to this heart related diseases. They have estrogen levels quite high during their menstruation cycle periods. But after their menopause their estrogen level drops sharply, and thus they are deprived of the natural protection or shield against them.
There have been numerous mudras or physical exercises known to be helpful against heart disorders. Mudras are performed in such a way that they shield your body or reduce heart disorders by finger movements. Actually, these mudras are practised only by finger movements and they have in turn effect on nerves and thus accordingly they reduce heart risks. One of the most effective mudras in this regard is Apan Vayu Mudra yoga pose.
See More: Mudras For Back Pain
Apan Vayu Mudra Steps And Benefits:
In this article we explain the step by step process for apan vayu mudra and their benefits.
How To Do Apan Vayu Mudra?
- Firstly, you need to sit down comfortably on the mat or light carpet. I suggest not to sit on floor as it makes the floor slippery and your touch or posture weak. You can also sit in padma asana or lotus pose.
- You need to maintain the normal breathing. Keep breathing through nostrils and not through your mouth.
- Now, gently tough the tip of your fingers. You have to touch the tips of ring and middle fingers. Do this very gently and comfortably with your thumbs.
- Make sure that your thumbs should point straight outwards.
- Now, hold your position for some time. Make sure that you hold this position at least for 10-15 minutes and not any more.
The bonus with this apan vayu mudra yoga pose is that you don’t need to follow any strict pattern or time frame for this yoga pattern. You can do it anytime and anywhere. Also, this exercise does not involve use of any special equipment. Thus, you can do it anytime and anywhere.
See More: Atmanjali Mudra Meaning
Apan Vayu Mudra Benefits:
- The major primary benefit of this yoga mudra exercise is it’s immense benefits for heart.
- This is known to cure and treat heart disorders. Many cases have been observed where people practising apan vayu mudra posture treat heart ailments.
- Many cardiac arrests have been terminated or removed while practising this pose apan vayu mudra.
- Apan vayu mudra is also known to ail or help people suffering from indigestion or constipation related issues.
- This mudra exercise is also known to eliminate people suffering from gastric issues.
Apan Vayu Mudra Limitations:
But all is not well with apan vayu mudra. Apan vayu mudra also has huge number of limitations.
- Mostly it is observed that apan vayu mudra is extremely slow. Thus, it needs to have long term effects on body and system.
- In most cases apan vayu mudra is termed to not benefit people as it gives or helps people very shortly. Thus, you need to practise this since a number of years.
See More: Apaan Mudra Benefits
Image Source: Shutterstock