Apple cider vinegar is otherwise known as cider vinegar, is made from apple juice that is fermented. ACV contains acetic, malic, citric, and amino acid. It contains vitamins, mineral salts, and enzymes. All these are beneficial for skin health. Apple cider vinegar for pimples is a popular home remedy. It prevents acne, soothes sunburn, and is an excellent exfoliator. It can be used as a toner for the skin. ACV plays a vital role in not only boosting health but also in improving the overall appearance. Get ready to use these excellent home remedies that show us how to use apple cider vinegar for acne and reap the multitude of benefits it has to offer!
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Pimples:
- Acts as a Toner: Apple cider vinegar acts as a toner. It helps in eliminating dirt, traces of excess oil and also helps to correct the pH balance of the skin and reduces pimples. Those with dry skin who use ACV as a toner must ensure to moisturize their skin well as apple cider vinegar can dry out the skin. Apple cider vinegar has a dual benefit of working as a cleanser as well as a toner.
- Gets rid of Redness and Inflammation: Apple cider vinegar helps to reduce redness and swelling caused by pimples. One has to dilute and then apply ACV when using apple cider vinegar for pimples.
- Anti-aging Properties: Apple cider vinegar acts as an anti-aging home remedy by making skin look visibly younger. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- No Side Effect: Organic Apple cider vinegar for acne does not have any side effects when compared to the other chemical-based acne products.
- Removes Pimple Scars: Apple cider vinegar pimple treatment, when used correctly, helps substantially in eliminating pimple scars, thereby giving a flawless look to the skin. Scars normally take a considerable amount of time to fade, so an application of apple cider vinegar shortens the process.
- Sloughs Away Dead Skin Cells: Apple cider vinegar works as a good exfoliator. Dead skin cells may result in excess oil and clogged pores, which leads to blemishes and pimples. Proper exfoliation of the skin removes the barrier of dead skin cells that clog the skin and regenerates fresh new cells.
Apple cider has a plethora of benefits and shows us ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for acne how to use apple cider vinegar for pimples.
1. Food Care (Consume):
Drinking apple cider vinegar can help to reduce acne. One to two tablespoons (15–30 ml) of ACV can be taken with a glass of water immediately before meals. This helps in improving digestion. Apple cider vinegar helps to maintain our blood sugar levels and fights against diabetes. It is also known to reduce belly fat. Apple cider vinegar helps to relieve indigestion. The list does not stop here; it is known to be beneficial for PCOS(Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and general wellness. Apple cider vinegar is well known to have anti-bacterial properties that help to fight against infection. Reducing weight has become a challenging task. However, apple cider vinegar helps reduce weight substantially. One can look forward to apple cider vinegar for the well being of overall health.
2. Tone It (Application):
Topically applying apple cider vinegar to clear acne is helped by taking care of the pH balance of the skin naturally. It also breaks the bond between dead skin cells and keeps the pores open. One can use apple cider vinegar treatment for acne in various ways; let us take a look at Apple cider vinegar for acne and pimples.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar (Toner):
- 1 part apple cider vinegar.
- 2 parts of purified water.
- 1 part aloe vera gel.
Preparation Time- 2 minutes.
- Use a face wash to cleanse the skin.
- Apply this mixture to the face with a cotton pad.
- One can also use a spray bottle to spritz the mixture evenly onto the skin.
How Often: Once or twice a week, depending on your skin type.
How It Works: Apple cider vinegar works like magic when it comes to making acne vanish. Apple cider vinegar acne remedy is known to cleanse and tighten the skin to help protect it from bacteria and other impurities. Apple cider vinegar to clear acne is an astringent, which can function as a toner when applied to the skin. It suits all skin types. Aloe vera gel in the toner helps to soothe the skin.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda (pack):
- 1/4 cup baking soda.
- 1-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Preparation Time- 2 minutes.
- Take a medium-sized cup.
- Add apple cider vinegar and baking soda mix well.
- if you would like a thick mixture, keep the ratios the same otherwise mix in some water.
How Often: One or two times a week, depending on the skin type.
If you have sensitive skin type, do a patch test since baking soda does not suit all skin types.
How It Works: Not just apple cider vinegar, but baking soda to has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce skin inflammation. It exfoliates the skin, unclogs the pores, removes all dirt and dead cells, and maintains the pH balance of your skin. A combination of both apple cider vinegar and baking soda helps fade away dark scars and have beautiful glowing skin. It is one of the best apple cider vinegar for acne and pimples treatment. This pack is also a handy apple cider vinegar acne treatment overnight.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Scrub (Scrub):
- 3 tablespoons raw honey.
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons sugar.
Preparation Time– 2 minutes.
- Take a clean cup.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture to the face.
- Let it remain for one to two minutes before gently washing off with warm water.
How Often: One to two times a week, depending on the skin type.
How It Works: Apple cider vinegar removes dead cells, honey helps to moisturize the skin, and sugar eliminates blackheads. It is known to be natural acne remedies apple cider vinegar.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Overnight Treatment:
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 cup of filtered water.
Preparation Time– 1 minute.
- Take a clean bowl.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and filtered water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture.
- Apply it on the pimple.
- You can also spray on pimples directly and leave it overnight.
How Often: Thrice a week, depending on skin type.
How It Works: Apple cider vinegar has acids, which are known to dry out pimples and kill the bacteria causing them. Leaving it overnight will increase the effectivity of apple cider vinegar on the face. People with sensitive skin types are strictly advised to take a patch test, since it may cause irritability and further worsen the pimples.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Steam:
- 2 cups of water.
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.
Preparation Time- 5-10 minutes.
- In a clean cup take some water and heat it.
- Add apple cider vinegar to it.
- Once steam starts emanating put in 2-3 drops of tea tree oil into it.
- Cover your head with a cloth and carefully steam your face.
How Often: Once a week, depending on your skin type.
How It Works: Steam helps to remove excess oil and impurities caused by dust, whereas tea tree oil soothes skin. When used in the diluted form, it creates less irritability. One has to be cautious while steaming your face to avoid the danger of burns.
Additional Tips – Apple Cider Vinegar for Pimples:
- Ensure not to use raw vinegar directly on the skin as it can damage the skin. Always use it in a diluted form.
- Do not allow the vinegar to remain for too long on the face, especially when you use it for the first time.
- Always do a spot check to check if you are allergic to ACV.
- Check the expiry date on apple cider vinegar bottles as the quality can deteriorate if it is old.
- Never consume ACV in the raw form.
- Be cautious as it can cause skin burns on sensitive skin.
- It can erode tooth enamel, so exercise caution on over usage of ACV.
Apple cider vinegar has numerous properties that help in reducing acne and its scars. Regular use can bring a visible difference to the skin. This article explains the benefits of apple cider vinegar, thereby demonstrating its applications in different forms. In this article on apple cider vinegar, we have seen various methods of using it, topically as well as drinking apple cider vinegar for acne. If you found this article useful, please do share with us how it helped you. Please do share with us your comments and feedback about your experience with apple cider vinegar.