“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is a phrase that every one of us has heard many times. But did you know apple helps in weight loss? Yes! An apple diet is a simple and easy plan to follow that will help you shed those extra pounds quickly. Usually, it lasts around three days, according to the amount of weight you want to lose.
There are several crash diet options available, in which an apple diet for weight loss gives you quick results. The properties of this fruit not only aids in losing weight but detoxifies your body in the process. Here are some of the reasons why you should try this diet plan.
Benefits of Apple Diet Plan:
1. Low Calories:
The key to weight loss is to consume foods with low-calorie density. Accounted for around 100 calories, an apple helps you avoid binge eating unnecessary calories yet gives you enough energy without having to starve yourself. You can take a walk to burn off those minimal calories too.
2. Rich in Fiber:
An increase in your fiber intake helps the digestive process work slowly, making you feel full for longer. You get 4 grams of dietary fibre in an apple, which covers the recommended fiber intake of 16% for women and 11% for men. It helps improve metabolic health by maintaining the digestive process.
3. High Water Content:
Apple is a fruit that has 86% water along with a lot of vitamins and minerals. Foods rich in water help you reduce the number of calories you take by making you feel full. This fruit is a healthy addition to your diet since it makes for a healthy snack being rich in water.
4. Aids in Weight Loss:
Weight loss is a problem many people face, one of the best ways to shed those extra pounds is by eating only apples. This fruit has water and fiber in high amounts that make you feel full. Apple is also considered the best fruit when you want to cut down calories as it has less than 130 calories.
5. Detoxifies Your Body:
Full body detox is an essential process that rids your body of all the harmful toxins. Apple is a fruit that is full of essential vitamins and minerals, along with fiber that helps detoxify your body by promoting colon health. Pectin, which is available abundantly in apple, is an active fat blocker, and the detoxification is primarily possible due to the presence of cellulose.
6. Anti-ageing Benefits:
One of the best benefits of eating an apple in regular diet plan is that, along with weight loss, they give you beautiful and clear skin. The antioxidants named polyphenols are present in substantial amounts in this fruit that help clear your surface resulting in a wrinkle-free face.
See More: Pineapple Benefits Diet
7. Hydrate Yourself:
Drinking enough water is always a simple yet effective way to lose weight healthily. While following apple only diet plan, it is necessary to drink lots of water for your body to balance and adjust to this drastic diet plan. It also helps maintain your metabolism along with flushing out toxins.
8. Duration of The Diet:
For any diet to work, the duration plays an essential role in producing results. The ideal time to start a diet plan comprising apple for weight loss is 3-5 days. It is not advised to follow this diet for more than five days as it can cause digestive disorders, which may exhaust the resources in your body, which weakens your immune system. Once the recommended time frame is completed, it is better to return to the regular diet gradually.
Nutritional Facts for Apple:
For a 2000 calorie diet, two cups of fruit are usually recommended, apple takes a predominant place in this category. Here are the nutritional benefits of eating an apple.
- 95 calories.
- 4 grams of fiber.
- 25 grams of carbohydrates.
- 14% of the Reference Daily Intake(RDI) of Vitamin C.
- 6% of the RDI of potassium.
- 5% of the RDI of Vitamin K.
- It also has manganese, copper, and Vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6 at the RDI of 2 to 4%.
- The skin is the most beneficial part of an apple as it consists of polyphenols and half of the fiber.
See More: Banana Diet Plan
Recipes of Apple Diet Plan to Lose Weight:
You can add an apple to your diet by eating as a fruit or as an add-on for many other nutritional foods like oats, eggs, etc. Here are some simple recipes you can try:
1. Apple Kale Smoothie:
- One apple diced into pieces.
- Two large kale leaves.
- Honey, according to taste.
- A glass of low-fat milk.
- Take the diced apple, kale, milk, and honey to a blender.
- Blend the contents thoroughly until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add some water according to your need.
2. Apple Chips:
- One apple sliced into thin pieces.
- A dash of cinnamon.
- Cut the apple into thin slices.
- Apply cinnamon and sugar onto the slices.
- Place them in a tray and bake them till they become crispy.
3. Apple Spinach Salad:
- Baby spinach-10 ounces.
- Two apples, thinly sliced.
- Half thinly sliced onion.
- One cup of toasted walnuts.
- Half a cup grated cheese.
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar.
- 1/3 cup of virgin olive oil.
- Two spoonful lemon juice.
- One spoonful mustard.
- One peeled and minced garlic.
- Salt and pepper according to taste.
- Combine all the ingredients required for dressing in a small bowl and mix it well.
- Take a big bowl and add sliced apples, onions, spinach, and walnuts to it.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the salad and combine them well.
- Add the grated cheese to the apple spinach salad and serve immediately to add flavor to your diet plan.
4. Apple Porridge with Cinnamon:
- One cup porridge oats.
- One small apple.
- Half spoon cinnamon powder.
- One glass full low-fat milk.
- Add oats and milk to a saucepan.
- Boil the contents, stirring continuously.
- Let the contents simmer down for 5 minutes.
- Add the grated apple and a dash of cinnamon to the oats and mix it well.
5. Sauteed Apple:
- Two sliced apples.
- One spoonful ground cinnamon.
- One spoonful coconut oil.
- ½ cup of coconut cream.
- ¼ spoonful salt.
- ¼ cup of date syrup.
- Take a pan and put some coconut oil in it.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon to the sliced apples and add them to the pan.
- Sit them continuously till they turn soft.
- Switch the stove off and let the apples cool.
- Take a small bowl and mix the coconut cream, salt, and date syrup.
- Place the cooked apples on a plate and drizzle the cream on top of them.
Risks of Apple Diet Plan:
Along with the plethora of apple diet benefits, it also has some side effects you cannot avoid. Dizziness, headache, nausea, exhaustion are some of the adverse effects you may have if you continuously follow this diet. It is considered a crash diet, and kids and teenagers are advised to avoid the apple diet plan. Even when adults follow this diet, they should gradually get back to their routine.
See More: Is Watermelon Good For Dieting
With all the benefits and the side effects, an apple diet plan for weight loss has, you can try this crash diet for weight loss in a healthy way. Since apples are readily available in the markets, it won’t be tough to follow the menu. Although be careful, you get into a regular diet gradually and not to binge eat. Do let us know how these recipes have worked out and suggest some new methods too!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article are mere suggestions and not a replacement for medical advice. It is always safe to consult a doctor before you start such diets, especially if you have preexisting medical conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is it Safe to Follow the Apple Diet Plan for Weight Loss?
Ans: Diet plans that have prominently one ingredient in this case an apple are considered fad diets. They are considered safe only for a few days and not continuously. Following this type of food for an extended period can cause health issues.
2. How Much Weight Can You Lose by Following the Apple Diet Plan?
Ans: With all the health benefits apples provide, it is one of the fruits that has been popular as fad diets or crash diets that help you lose weight quickly. You can lose three pounds in five days by following this apple diet.