Applying eye makeup isn’t as scary as it looks, especially when you’re standing in the centre of a makeup aisle. Once you learn the basis, you can do your own eye makeup like a professional. There are lots of tried and tested eye makeup tips and tricks, which I’m going to share today with you. Note these basics and follow them…. It’s not at all difficult.
How to Do Eye Makeup:
Prime Your Eyes: The first step is to prime eyelids with the help of eye primer. Eyelids are the greasiest part of the face, and that is why makeup doesn’t stay for long. If you prime your eyes before doing eye makeup, they will stay for a longer time. You can also reduce the oiliness by applying alcohol-free makeup remover and then dusting loose powder over the eyelid. This will give you oil-free eyelids and will also increase your eye-makeup staying power.
See More: Summer Eye Makeup
Eyeliner: Eye makeup is never completed without eyeliner, but beginners go wrong while applying eyeliner, and this can ruin the whole look. You can use liquid, pencil and gel eyeliner for application.
• Liquid liner: Liquid eyeliners are intense, shiny and long-lasting, but applying liquid liner can be tricky. For a neat look, rest your elbow on a flat and stable surface. Now apply short lines instead of applying eyeliner in one go; this will give you even and straight eyeliner.
• Pencil Eyeliner: applying pencil eyeliner is very easy. Apply a stroke directly on the eyelids, and you’re done. You can also smudge pencil eyeliners for a more dramatic eye makeup look.
• Gel Eyeliners: gel eyeliners are the latest trend, and applying such eyeliner applicator matters the most. You should use a good thin and angled brush for applying gel eyeliners. Sweep the applicator into the gel eyeliner pot and start applying from the middle of the eyelid because the brush contains extra product, and if you will start from the corner of the eyes, then it will not look neat and clean. Now, spread the eyeliner to the left and right. 😀
For clean application, pull the corner of the eye outward with your finger and then start applying eyeliner in a straight line. And I would suggest you use pencil eyeliner as it’s the easiest to use and you will not have any problem using it.
See More: Eye Makeup Tips With Pictures
Eyeshadow: Never apply Eyeshadow with fingers and sponge; always use a good eye shadow brush to get a professional look. Always apply light color eye shadow on the brow bone, medium shade on the crease and dark eye shadow shade on the crease. If you’re using cream-based eye shadow, then keep in mind that “less is more” and use light and less eye shadow. For application, use soft, gentle strokes, as harder strokes can lead to a messy eye-makeup look. If you’re using more than two eye shadow shades, then blend them properly with fingers or a tapered blending brush. If you’re new to eye makeup, then try a single-coloured eye look, as it will save you from blending two colours. After completing the look…..use q-tips dipped in eye-makeup remover and remove smudged eye shadow or any fall out’s.
Mascara: Look straight and take the wand out from the mascara tube. Place the wand on the upper side of your eyelashes and move it upwards with a back-and-forth motion. This will give you curled effect and will also add volume to your lashes. Apply 2-3 coats, and don’t blink your eyes until the mascara is not dried. Always start applying mascara with bottom lashes to avoid mess. For lower lashes, apply the mascara only on the highest, curved point near the root, as it will open your eyes.
To avoid eyelash clumping, allow the first coat of mascara to dry and then only apply a second coat. Use q-tips dipped in eye makeup remover if your mascara gets in touch with your eyelids.
Eyebrow: Eyebrows can make or break your entire look, so if you have thin or light eyebrows, then fill them correctly for a more defined look. To fill the eyebrow correctly, use a brown bow pencil…. Never use black pencil as it will look unnatural and bad.
See More: Emo Eye Makeup Styles
How to Fill Brows:
- Tweeze extra hairs without disturbing the shape of your eyebrow; this will give a defined look. You can also use a brow razor, easily available in the market.
With the brow pencil, start filling the lower portion of the brow first in back and forth direction.
- Now move to the center of the brow and use short brushstrokes to blend the eye shadow completely; this will give you a natural look.
- In the end, use a clear brow gel to set the brows.
Few More Tricks:
• If you have small eyes, then apply a thin line along the inner lower eyelid with a white eye pencil, as it will make your eyes big. If you’re dusky, then use a golden beige eye pencil, as it will compliment your complexion.
• To make eyes appear smaller, apply eyeliner all over the eyelid and use dark shades of eye shadows. If you’ve big eyes, then you can rock the smokey eye look, as it will look great and will also make your eyes appear smaller.
• For a simple everyday look, use coloured eyeliner and apply dark kohl…..This trick is great for beginners who want beautiful and soft eye makeup look for daily.
• Line your waterline to get that extra oomph in your eye makeup look. It makes the lash line fuller and thick.
• If you cannot create a straight eyeliner line, then smudge the whole look, and it will give you a neat line which is very much “in” these days.
• If you’re fair and have dark black eyebrows, then lighten them by bleaching them slightly to make them less harsh. Use face bleach and just apply for 3-4 minutes.