The word Ardha Chandrasana is derived Sanskrit words where Ardha means half and Chandra meaning shining moon. So the common term used for Ardha Chandrasana is also Half Moon Pose. Such kind of poses not only helps in maintaining the balance of the body, but also helps in fighting with many body problems.
This pose not only enhances your energy level but also helps in reviving from bad body posture. This pose should be practiced daily as it helps in the strengthening biceps. To learn this kind of asana, please follows the steps given below-:
How to do Ardha Chandrasana
- Place yourself on the mat in a standing position.
- Now, position yourself in the triangle pose. Make sure that you stand erect with feet about a meter apart. Now, place your left hand on the left buttock and the right hand almost touching your right feet.
- While doing this asana be extra careful that your hand and shoulder must be placed in the straight line. If not, then make sure to align your body in that way, by just moving yourself in front.
- Now inhale some air within your body and slowly remove your right hand from the right foot and place it a little away from the right foot, but make sure that it’s not very far as you may just loose the control or your body balance.
- While performing this asana, just keep your legs straight. Make sure that you don’t bend your knees even slightly.
- Slowly try lifting your left leg up in the air at an angle of 90 degrees. It must be in straight line with your head.
- After this, start lifting your left hand up in the air, just make sure that it’s in a straight line corresponding to your right hand.
- Look straight up towards the left hand. Stay in this final position for 2-3 minutes holding your breath out.
People suffering from neck or shoulder should not practice this asana without concerning their doctors. If your neck or shoulder problem is resolved, you may start this asana but only under the guidance of a yoga teacher. Half moon pose should be practiced daily. Breathing in and out is very important while you’re performing this asana.
See More: Navasana Yoga
Benefits of Ardha Chandrasana
Practicing yoga is very much beneficial to your health. It not only helps making your body flexible, but also takes care of your minor issues and pain occurring in the body.
Ardha Chandrasana not only makes your spine flexible, but also takes care of your back and lower spine aches. This asana is practiced by many fat and healthy women because it helps in the cutting down of your fats from waist, hips and buttocks.
So people who really want to lose some weight should start practicing this asana. A lot of people may be aware that this asana helps in keeping your body fit. If you’re facing any kind of digestion or gastro related issue, then start doing Ardha Chandrasana from today.
It really helps in boosting your digestion and also helps in enhancing your balance.Practicing Half moon pose not only makes to feel relaxed but also makes you feel good from inside.
One should repeat this asana 3-4 times in a day. Mostly yoga is very good early morning, but if you get time in the evening make sure to practice this asana. Doing yoga provides you with immense benefits.
If you practice this asana very actively and regularly, it may just keep you away from the pains and medicine. So stop reading and start practicing this asana from today.