The word Ardha Chandrasana is derived from Sanskrit words where Ardha means half and Chandra means shining moon. So the common term used for Ardha Chandrasana is also Half Moon Pose. Such kinds of poses not only help in maintaining the balance of the body but also help in fighting many body problems.
This pose not only enhances your energy level but also helps in reviving from bad body posture. This pose should be practised daily as it helps in strengthening the biceps. To learn this kind of asana, please follow the steps given below-:
How To Do Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose):
- Place yourself on the mat in a standing position.
- Now, position yourself in the triangle pose. Make sure that you stand erect with feet about a meter apart. Now, place your left hand on the left buttock and the right hand almost touching your right foot.
- While doing this asana, be extra careful that your hand and shoulder must be placed in a straight line. If not, then make sure to align your body in that way by just moving in front.
- Now inhale some air within your body and slowly remove your right hand from the right foot and place it a little away from the right foot, but make sure that it’s not very far, as you may just lose control of your body balance.
- While performing this asana, just keep your legs straight. Make sure that you don’t bend your knees even slightly.
- Slowly try lifting your left leg up in the air at an angle of 90 degrees. It must be in a straight line with your head.
- After this, start lifting your left hand up in the air. Just make sure that it’s in a straight line corresponding to your right hand.
- Look straight up towards the left hand. Stay in this final position for 2-3 minutes, holding your breath out.
People suffering from neck or shoulder should not practice this asana without concerning their doctors. If your neck or shoulder problem is resolved, you may start this asana but only under the guidance of a yoga teacher. Half-moon poses should be practised daily. Breathing in and out is very important while you’re performing this asana.
See More: Navasana Yoga
Benefits of Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose):
Practising yoga is very much beneficial to your health. It not only helps make your body flexible but also takes care of your minor issues and pain occurring in the body.
Ardha Chandrasana not only makes your spine flexible but also takes care of your back and lower spine aches. This asana is practised by many fat and healthy women because it helps in the cutting down of your fat from the waist, hips and buttocks.
So people who really want to lose some weight should start practising this asana. A lot of people may be aware that this asana helps in keeping your body fit. If you’re facing any kind of digestion or gastro-related issue, then start doing Ardha Chandrasana today.
It really helps in boosting your digestion and also helps in enhancing your balance. Practising the half moon pose not only makes you feel relaxed but also makes you feel good from the inside.
See More: Anjaneyasana Pose
One should repeat this asana 3-4 times a day. Mostly yoga is very good in the early morning, but if you get time in the evening, make sure to practice this asana. Doing yoga provides you with immense benefits.
If you practice this asana very actively and regularly, it may just keep you away from the pain and medicine. So stop reading and start practising this asana from today.