Have you heard of Argan oil for hair growth? Argan oil is a super ingredient that accelerates hair growth within no time. If you are used to reading the ingredients given on the back of hair products, you would have noticed the name ‘argan oil,’ especially on the labels of hair care masks, sprays and serums.
Be it chemically treated hair or normal hair with an infected scalp. Argan oil works like magic in hydrating and softening the hair. The pure form of Argan oil has the potential to strengthen the hair and restore its shine naturally. The oil is said to work wonders in resolving hair loss and other hair-related concerns. Argan is rich in Vitamin E and linoleic acid; hence is a good ingredient for those who want to healthify their hair. In this article, we will give you pointers on how good is Argan oil for hair growth!
Is Argan Oil Good for Hair Loss?
Hair loss usually occurs due to underlying scalp conditions like infections or due to the settlement of dirt and impurities. There may also be infections or scalp sickness associated with the same. Now how does Argan oil resolve hair fall? Hair growth acceleration means resolving hair fall. Isn’t it? Well! This oil exfoliates the scalp thoroughly and deeply cleanses it with natural antioxidants resulting in the strengthening of the hair follicles. Once the hair follicles are strengthened, hair is locked perfectly, preventing loss. Regular use of Argan oil promotes new hair growth within no time. Also, with antiseptic properties in it, Argan oil works its goodness on any redness of the scalp or infections and treats them appropriately.
Now that you are convinced that argan oil is good for accelerating hair growth, here are detailed benefits for your quick reference.
Here is why Argan Oil is Good for Hair Growth!
- Argan oil comes with the goodness of natural fatty acids and antioxidants, which are essential for good hair growth. The Vitamin E present in this oil subtly moisturises and deeply nourishes the hair. The oleic acid, which is also called the mono-saturated omega-9 fatty acid, present in this oil helps lubricate the hair, promoting smooth texture. Thereby, argan oil prevents dryness and frizz.
- Various scalp conditions are effectively addressed by argan oil. Hair loss, which is mostly due to underlying skin conditions like seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis, is treated effortlessly by this oil. The anti-fungal properties present in this oil help in treating dandruff on the scalp.
- Those who have chemically treated or styled hair can also undoubtedly use Argan oil as a protectant against damage. Several fatty acids in this oil protect the hair from breakage and damage. Especially those who apply heat to their hair must be considering using argan oil as heat damages hair to an extent, and this oil soothes, repairs, and restores shine in the hair.
- Just like how the skin gets affected by the sun, hair and scalp also experience damage. Argan oil works as a protection from the sun for the scalp and hair.
How to Use Argan Oil for Hair Growth:
Just knowing that argan oil works like magic for hair growth aren’t sufficient. Knowing how to use the oil is the key! Well! Argan oil can be used as an oil, hair mask, shampoo, conditioner or serum. Grab these three best argan oil techniques for quick hair growth.
1. Argan Oil Mask:
Argan oil promotes hair growth, and when used as a mask, it works magic on your hair! You can choose to make argan oil at home, but it is always easy to pick a bottle of this oil from a nearby supermarket. When you buy an argan oil bottle, make sure you read the ingredients and understand them. Make sure. The oil has a maximum of argan extract even if it has a blend of other essential oils. Argan oil is a natural cooling agent, and when applied to hair, it reduces dryness, and when massaged gently on the scalp, it enhances blood circulation.
- Argan oil.
Preparation Time: none (product).
How to Prepare and Apply:
- Take the Argan oil into your palm.
- Massage it well on hair and roots, including the scalp.
- Do the massage for 15-25 minutes.
- Wrap your oiled hair properly in a towel and leave it overnight.
- Rinse your hair in the morning.
How Often: Once a week.
2. Argan Oil and Coconut Oil Mask:
Argan oil helps in hair growth, and, when combined with the goodness of coconut oil, works wonders. It promotes thick and smooth hair growth. While coconut oil is well known for its nourishing nature, when added to the oil, it just becomes an amazing product for smoothening the hair. It moisturises hair from deeper layers right from the scalp, especially if you are suffering from dry hair. This way, the scalp receives all-natural oils required in an organic way!
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- 1 tbsp. Argan oil.
- 1 tbsp. honey.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
How to Prepare and Apply:
- Add all the mentioned ingredients to a bowl.
- Warm the ingredients and stir well on low flame.
- Once the ingredients heat up a bit, switch off the stove.
- Make sure the oil is not too hot to touch.
- Now, make partitions to your hair and gently apply the oil to every part of your scalp and hair.
- Massage the hair and scalp gently.
- Leave it for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse with warm water using a mild shampoo.
How Often: Once a week
3. Argan Oil and Castor Oil Mask:
Argan oil and castor oil combination is great for those who wish to treat and moisturise hair that is frizzy and dry in nature. Further, not just dry hair, if you have sensitive hair that is prone to frequent breakage, then this mask is exclusively for you! In addition to this, you can undoubtedly use oil for hair fall. It helps in strengthening the hair follicles and stimulating hair growth positively. By using this mask, blood circulation can be improved, and hair will receive all the required natural nutrients, thereby preventing hair loss.
- 3 tbsp. castor oil.
- 1 tbsp. Argan oil.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
How to Prepare and Apply:
- Add the mentioned ingredients to a glass dropper or bowl at your convenience.
- Mix well until the ingredients blend with each other.
- Apply the required amount of this oil to your scalp and massage well.
- Make sure all hair is well covered and balanced.
- Leave it for 4 hours.
- Rinse with warm water and a mild shampoo.
How Often: Once in ten days.
Additional Tips for Argan Oil:
By now, you already know that argan oil works best as a hair fall control agent and for hair regrowth. Here is a brief on how best the oil can work on different hair conditions and textures.
1. Dry Hair:
For those annoyed with dry hair issues, Argan oil is an excellent moisturizer. There is no better ingredient that works best in hydrating and nourishing the hair. It promotes stronger hair in no time.
2. Thin Hair:
Thinning of hair is a stressful issue for many, as thin hair can just be embarrassing. Argan oil, if applied regularly, helps in thickening hair by strengthening the hair follicles and increasing blood circulation. Luscious hair will be yours in no time!
3. Damaged Hair & Dandruff Affected Scalp:
Argan oil is a boon for those suffering from dandruff as the oil is great at healing the scalp from infections and balancing the serum levels on the scalp, thereby reducing dandruff effectively.
4. Chemical Treated Hair:
If your hair salon is treated or colour-treated, there are chances for your hair to be damaged due to the application of harsh chemicals. In such cases, using Argan oil in the form of an oil mask, shampoo, or hair spray works best to recover the lost sheen and shine and also your natural hair texture effectively.
This guide on how to use Argan oil for various hair-related issues gives you a glimpse of the best possible methods on how to get smoother and thicker hair through regular usage. Given the natural richness and goodness of Argan oil, you also now know the benefits of argan oil, especially for hair regrowth and as a hair loss treatment. Try out these remedies and products, and tell us which one worked the best for your hair concern. We would love to hear from you!