While we all love to have lengthy, thick, and shiny hair, how well do you know about the precautions and care one must take for having such hair? One such ingredient which is quite high in minerals and antioxidants for achieving good hair is Avocado! But how to apply the ingredient on our hair? Here we tell you about avocado oil for hair. Avocado fruit is quite rich in fatty acids, which help to coat hair for strength and help in retaining natural oils and moisture. The long-lasting moisture and hydration, which is required for the nourishment of hair, can easily be gotten through avocado oil.
Today let us see more about the benefits of using the fruit, how to apply, and use Avocado for hair growth with the best results!
Is Avocado Oil Good for Hair Fall?
Hair loss and hair fall are mostly due to damage and external factors. We step out of home and get exposed to dirt, pollution, sun, and impurities. They get deposited in the hair and weaken the hair follicles along with causing hair fall. Avocado hair mask for hair fall is quite well known for a reason – it is naturally inbuilt to deal with damage and environmental factors. Avocado oil can help to reduce hair fall and prevent damage to a large extent. Hence using this oil to achieve hair growth is quite useful for those who are suffering from hair fall concerns.
Benefits of Avocado Oil for Hair:
Given that avocado for hair fall is quite helpful and beneficial, do you know other uses and benefits of different forms of avocado for hair?! Here are a few of the listed ones that one must not miss.
- Avocado oil helps significantly to reduce dandruff concerns. Those suffering from the dry and flaky scalp with dandruff must try out this. Just massage the oil well in the scalp and let their hair get healthy and shiny
- In case your hair is dull, brittle, or damaged, try out avocado oil to deal with breakage. It lubricates the hair strands very well and makes sure hair is well-nourished and moisturised
- Those who suffer from detangled and frizzy hair must also try out avocado oil. It is easy to get smooth and silky hair with regular usage.
- Not just using avocado for hair loss, but the oil is also good for protecting hair from damage. Be it pollution, sweat, chlorine, or heating tools. This is great to work wonders against fighting the external factors and pollutants.
- Further, those who have dry hair and dry scalp can also try out this one to get overall moisture and hydration with deep nourishment. The flakiness hence reduces as a result.
See More: Jojoba Oil Benefits For Hair
How to Use Avocado Oil for Hair Growth?
Given the benefits of avocado and hair loss along with other advantages for hair regrowth and scalp concerns, now let us see how best one can use oil for achieving hair growth. These can be in the form of avocado fruit or avocado oil!
1. Avocado Hair Mask:
The avocado oil hair mask is quite a popular strategy that is well known amongst many, and one can easily make the same in their kitchen. Applying this remedy regularly can give positive results on the hair for hair growth and reducing hair damage. This is done through rich antioxidants that are present in avocado, which deep cleanses the scalp, keeps it fresh and clean, and hence, in turn, works wonders through hair growth. The redness or scalp concerns are also reduced. In addition, we all love to have silky smooth hair, and this can be the result if you use this mask regularly. The hair frizz reduces drastically!
- One avocado.
- One banana.
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- One tablespoon of honey.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
- Mix avocado and banana in a lumpy form.
- Then add oils and honey to this mixture.
- Mix the mask well.
- Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Now apply the mask to hair.
- Let it remain for two hours.
- Wash the avocado mask with warm water.
How Often: Once a week.
2. Avocado Homemade Conditioner:
The homemade avocado conditioner is also quite possible to treat several hair issues. This conditioner works wonders for hair growth has it is quite suitable for its rich ingredients and nutrients to fight problems of having less hair. Those who have scalp concerns and dirt issues, which are, in turn, adversely affecting the loss of hair, can be worked through. Further, as the word says it all, it is a conditioner to get good and smooth hair naturally. Use this regularly for the best results.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
- Slice avocado and scoop out the flesh in a bowl.
- Add olive oil into the mixture.
- Then add honey and blend it well.
- You can add a drop of lemon juice.
- Add it to roots and hair follicles.
- Let it sit for an hour.
- Wash the hair well.
How Often: Once in ten days.
See More: Argan Oil For Hair Growth
3. Avocado Shampoo:
We already have shampoos in the market, but the reason to use Avocado shampoo is that it can be tried on all types of hair and for several hair concerns – whether it is damaged or weakened hair, or with hair fall. Most of us suffer from rough and dry hair due to our work every day outside home and external factors like pollution and impurities. Hair fall can be extended as a result. With this shampoo, the dirt and impurities are cleansed, and for any dandruff concerns due to dirt, it can also be cleared. This is how easy it can get!
- Any mild shampoo.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes.
- Deseed the avocado.
- Add boiling water in a bowl.
- Grate the seed.
- Allow the seed to boil in a pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the water in the bowl.
- Pour the water in a bottle and store it.
- Add mild shampoo.
- The water is dense now and is cooked down to half.
- Use it as shampoo.
How Often: As you wish for hair wash.
See More: Is Peppermint Oil Good For Hair
4. Avocado Oil Massage:
Who does not like an oil massage? This avocado oil usage for getting natural hair is well-liked by many. The benefits of avocado oil, including hair growth, conditioning, smoothening, preventing breakage all in one can be done in this method at home by us. One can get instant solutions for several hair concerns with this massage. It works wonders and acts like any other oil massage, but with extra richness in its properties. Further blood circulation is improved drastically through oil massage, and this helps in the health of the hair.
- Avocado oil.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
- Take the required amount of avocado oil in the palms.
- Massage well into your hair.
- Make sure roots and tips are well massaged.
- Let the hair get moisturised and soaked in oil.
- Rinse hair after 3 hours.
How Often: Once a week.
How to Use Avocado Hot Oil Treatment?
There is nothing like the goodness of avocado oil conditioner for several hair benefits, as we saw above. Conditioner is immensely helpful to get smooth and super shiny hair. The hot oil treatment can act as a conditioner naturally to the hair and reduces any frizziness and tangling of hair. This is also great to address the thinning of hair and hair fall issues quickly if applied regularly.
What You Need:
- Avocado oil.
- Extra virgin coconut oil.
- Warm towel.
- Glass jar or bowl.
- Boil water well in the pan.
- Take equal parts of avocado oil and coconut oil.
- Mix them in a glass jar or small bowl.
- Place this glass bowl or jar in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Take it out and apply the oil to hair.
- Wrap in a warm towel for 30 minutes.
- Wash it with warm water.
Other Benefits of Avocado:
Avocado has many more benefits. Be it oily hair, dry hair, or dandruff-prone hair; you can treat it using Avocado! Here is how!
If you are suffering from dull and damaged hair, well avocado oil is the one for you. This oil helps to make your hair smooth and non-frizzy easily without much difficulty.
We understand the issue of having tangled hair, especially those with curly hair. Hence try avocado oil to detangle hair instantly with ease.
Flaky Scalp And Hair:
If you are suffering from flaky scalp and hair, try avocado oil treatment for the best results. It helps to nourish the hair and scalp well.
Damaged And Weak Hair:
Those with damaged hair and weak hair must not miss the goodness of avocado oil and mask for hair treatment. This works significantly on damaged and dull hair, and strengthens the hair follicles, making the hair look healthy.
Given the several benefits of avocado oil for hair, make sure you do not miss out on the rich goodness of it. Try out homemade masks and remedies for easy results. Follow this routine regularly for quicker results. Please let us know how best the oil worked for you.