Aztec tattoos are not new, but most of us have not heard about these. We do not get shocked given that they are not given mainstream attention. However, these Aztec tattoo designs are picking up trend right now, given the artistic, colorful and creative variants they have. These among the tribal ancient cultural art come up with several designs including triangles, waves, squares and more. Aztec designs are done in several forms, like nails, dress materials and bags. Now the Aztec tattoo ideas have started picking up the trend.
In case you are someone who loves to get these intricate Aztec tattoo patterns and designs then this guide is for you. Here we list our top and favourite Aztec tattoo images. These are quite intricate, unique and stylish.
Best Aztec Tattoo Designs With Meanings:
Aztec style tattoos are new in style and in case you want to get them, you will surely not regret your decision. You can get easy and simple designs as well as intricate ones. It is totally up to your wish and choice. Below are the top pictures of Aztec tattoos and designs that you can get inspired to get something like this on your body.
1. Traditional Artistic Design For Hand:
This is very artistically done. This is also easy to try out because this has not been done on the whole of the hands. Therefore this can be quite easy to sport. You should take the help of a professional artist for this. A professional artist also knows how to draw these out from some design that you may take to them and then add more associated things and then make something that is custom made. This is totally traditional variant which is quite trendy. It is bold, looks ferocious and also courageous. This is among top trending Aztec tribal tattoos for men.
- Body Placement: This Aztec tattoo is great to be done on arms.
- Color: Wear this in black color only to look bold and good.
- Size: Big size tattoo here looks better.
- Skin Tone: Wear these only if you have a lighter skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: This is great Aztec tattoos for men.
2. Creative Aztec Tattoos Design:
This is an ancient pattern and these types of patterns used to be used on carvings by ancient people. You can try out something like this. If you believe in having heritage and ancient touch and love history then this is good for you totally. It will stand out given the ever green charm it carries. The precise and intricate details have to be done carefully.
- Body Placement: Place this tattoo on arms or back near the neck.
- Colour: Go with a darker color to look great.
- Size: Any medium or larger-sized tattoo here can look good.
- Skin Tone: Wear this for any skin tone as it suits all.
- Suitable Gender: This can be tried by men and also can be a great Aztec tattoo for women.
3. Lower Body Aztec Tattoos:
This is done from the middle portion of the body and until the legs. Therefore this is very detailed and this also requires several sessions to get this done. This is mostly done in dark colors. If you like to have such large scale arts then this can be something that you can try out.This also goes synonymous with Aztec warrior tattoo which depicts the ancient age-old day’s rich culture.
- Body Placement: Wear this for lower body and middle portion as shown above.
- Color: Black color ink can look great for this.
- Size: This should be done in a larger size (full body) only.
- Skin Tone: Wear it for medium colored skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: Men can wear this at their best.
4. Aztec Tattoo Bands Design:
It is quite a common thing to get band patterns on the hands and to get these in various types of styles. These are very intricate designs and have to be done properly else they will not have the same visual effect. This is such a similar pattern and you can get these done on your legs. It is simple and depicts the bands which are worn in tribal cultures. This is a variant of popular Aztec tribal tattoo.
- Body Placement: Wear these on hands or legs.
- Color: Black-colored tattoos look good here.
- Size: Wear them for full hands or legs size in the width.
- Skin Tone: Any skin tone can totally pull these tattoos off.
- Suitable Gender: Men can wear their best.
[ See More: Hawaiian Tattoo Meanings ]
5. Intricate and Bold Aztec Tattoo Design for Leg:
This is done at the back of the lower leg. You can get various styles like this done at various parts of the body. This is one of the best Aztec tattoo designs for women. This tattoo, however, is symbolizing the calendar year and cultural events which goes on in their belief. This goes along with Aztec calendar tattoo variant.
- Body Placement: Place these tattoos on arms or beneath neck on back.
- Color: Wear these in black color only.
- Size: Medium to large-coloured tattoos can look great for this design.
- Skin Tone: Any skin tone can go well here in this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: Women can get these tattoos for the best look.
6. 3D Tribal Pattern:
This is a 3D pattern that you can get done and these are quite artistic. These also require professional artists to give you the desired effect. This is a variant around Aztec sun tattoo which goes along to tell the time and meaning at that point of time. It is a 3D design and is quite loved by many. It is dark, bold and intricate.
- Body Placement: Wear this tattoo on arms or shoulders to look great.
- Color: Only black colored tattoos look good here.
- Size: Wear this Aztec tattoo in a larger size to get the best look.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo goes well for darker skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Looks good on men.
[ See More: Dagger Tattoo Designs ]
7. Detailed Pattern For Hands:
This is a very detailed design that can be done on the hands. This also has a 3D effect. If you rewind and go to know more about the pyramids of Mexico and Egypt, then these kinds of designs are well shown for their beliefs and culture. This is among popular Aztec pyramid tattoo around. Try this design out if you want to have the ancient touch and culture print on you.
- Body Placement: Wear these tattoos on arms or chest.
- Color: Black ink only suits this tattoo the best.
- Size: This tattoo is good when done in a larger size.
- Skin Tone: Wear these on any skin tone as you like.
- Suitable Gender: These Mexican Aztec tattoos look great on men only.
8. 3D Bracelet Shaped Aztec Tattoo:
You can try out something like this. It is in the form of a bracelet and is done on the upper position of the hand. You can further make alterations if you want in the same design as well. You can have an Aztec eagle tattoo customized one on the head or even as Aztec skull tattoo. It is one of the best Aztecs tattoo designs for men.
- Body Placement: Men can place them on arms to flaunt it well.
- Color: Wear this in black ink only for it looks great.
- Size: Larger or medium size of this tattoo looks great.
- Skin Tone: Wear this tattoo for dusky skin men.
- Suitable Gender: This is a good tattoo to try out for men.
[ See More: Phoenix Tattoo Designs ]
9. Aztec Traditional Tattoo Design:
This has been done on the whole hand. This is like ancient carving and you should get this done by a professional artist.This tattoo looks bold, unique and intrinsic. It totally goes with men who love to flaunt their boldness and bravery, but also want to be mild in nature. The mild and calmness can be observed in this tattoo near the eye area.
- Body Placement: Men can place them as Aztec tattoos sleeve or even as Aztec arm tattoo.
- Color: Wear this for black color shade only.
- Size: Larger size tattoo can look good here.
- Skin Tone: Wear this tattoo for any skin tone as it goes with all.
- Suitable Gender: This is great Aztec tattoo to try for men.
10. Bold and Intense Aztec Dragon Tattoo:
Those who want a full back body art can go with this Aztec dragon tattoo. This is great to flaunt for those men who love to get this inked and love this form of body art. This Aztec back tattoo is totally wild, bold and stylish. This goes very well even with modern-day men.
- Body Placement: Wear this as Aztec chest tattoo or Aztec back tattoo.
- Color: Black colored shade goes best in this design.
- Size: Wear this in largest size as possible to cover full-back or chest area.
- Skin Tone: Men with any skin tone can totally try this one out.
- Suitable Gender: Wear this for men only as they love these the most. However, women who love to get crazy can also try them out on their back.
11. Woman with Small Aztec Tattoo:
This small Aztec tattoo inked on a woman is stealing our hearts. This is totally trending right now given the way it is unique and different from usual. It is not quite heavy or hefty bold design but is rather meaningful and is tiny too. The woman who love to get these kinds of meaningful and ancient designs inked can try this one out.
- Body Placement: Wear these as Aztec hand tattoo. One can also try it as Aztec armband tattoo.
- Color: Black and yellow shades go well with this tattoo.
- Size: Wear this in smaller size only to make it look elegant.
- Skin Tone: Fair skin tone women can carry this design well.
- Suitable Gender: Wear this tattoo only for women of any age.
12. Aztec Bird Tattoo on Legs:
If you want to get more quirky and bold then this Aztec bird tattoo is for you. This Aztec tattoo on legs is quite different and not the usual form of a tattoo. It looks quite simple yet elegant and trendy. The heritage and cultural touch are making our jaws drop as it looks totally fit and right in the placement.
- Body Placement: This is great Aztec leg tattoo. However, this can also be tried as an Aztec shoulder tattoo.
- Color: Black shade is right for this tattoo.
- Size: Medium-sized tattoo goes good with this design.
- Skin Tone: Wear this for any skin tone as it goes with all.
- Suitable Gender: Both men and women can totally try this design out.
13. Bold Aztec Serpent Tattoo:
This Aztec serpent tattoo all along the wrist totally looks amazing, isn’t it? It is totally worth the way it is. It is intricate, unique, bold, courageous, and eye-catching. This Aztec tattoo has all the characteristics one wants in a tattoo and can suit several personalities who love to not keep it simple.
- Body Placement: This can make great Aztec wrist tattoos.
- Color: Wear this in black shade only to look great.
- Size: Wear this in similar big size to catch the eye.
- Skin tone: Any skin tone can totally try this versatile tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: Men can best wear this tattoo.
14. Aztec Pyramid Tattoo:
This Aztec Pyramid Tattoo is great who is enigmatic, vibrant and bold. If you are someone who wants a fierce and adventurous Mexican touch of tattoo then this is right for you. This can somehow make us think of even mummies go along similar lines on these designs. Try it out if you love this.
- Body Placement: This can be great Aztec forearm tattoos or arm tattoo.
- Color: Black shade only looks best.
- Size: Medium-sized Aztec tattoo in this design can grab attention.
- Skin Tone: Wear this on all skin tones as it matches all.
- Suitable Gender: Men can wear this better.
15. Mexican Aztec Tattoos with Princess:
This Mexican Aztec tattoo are totally great to flaunt. This Aztec tattoo of a princess is quite trendy and stylish and looks great on those who love the beliefs and ancient stories. Both men and women can totally get this tattoo. This is wild, courageous, beautiful and stylish all at the same time.
- Body Placement: Arms, and shoulder both are a great place to get this tattoo.
- Color: Wear this in black shades only to look good.
- Size: Medium-sized tattoo can look great in this design.
- Skin Tone: Any skin tone can match these versatile tattoos well.
- Suitable Gender: Goes with both men and women as these suit both.
Here are a few tips before you get these Aztec tattoos.
- Given that Aztec tattoo designs are quite intricate and dense, make sure you only go to professional artists who are well versed and equipped with the designs.
- Decide on variant first and ask the advice of your artist for better input.
- Keep it black and bold. The Aztec tattoos can look best in black shades only.
- This may take some time given a whole lot of details involved. Make sure you don’t rush into the design but take time over it.
This guide on an Aztec tattoo is covering most of the popular variants which are trending right now. Hope you know which of these tattoos suit your preferences. Decide on one and take your time after your decision to make sure you really like them, given that these are permanent. Try them out. These Aztec tattoo designs are here to stay and will never go out of fashion.