Baba Ramdev is a famous yogi in India. He has revolutionised yoga. One can achieve good health and also be cured of various illness and ailments by doing his yoga techniques. Under his yoga is a subset called Baba Ramdev Pranayama. This is a collection of breathing methods, which focuses on blood circulation. The yoga helps to improve the flow of blood to all internal organs so that the person may receive many
The Breathing Exercises Under Baba Ramdev Pranayama Are as Follows:
- Kapalbhati Pranayama – cleansing the breath
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama – Alternate nostril breathing
- Bahya Pranayama – External breath
- Bhramari Pranayama – Bee breath
- Udgeeth Pranayama – Chanting breath
- Bhastrika Pranayama – Bellow’s breath
If practised regularly, one may notice tremendous improvement in their health. The pranayamas are very easy to perform. Each step needs only five to ten minutes. So it would not take more than an hour in a day to perform all the six pranayamas.
In today’s world we undergo various problems ranging from headaches to stress and depression on almost every day. Ramdev yoga has managed to benefit people in many ways, curing illness and treating disorders. Here are some of the asanas under Baba Ramdev yoga that are very effective in curing some of the problems like hairfall, thyroid, backpain, etc.
This asana is best suited for lower back pain. The asana is very simple to do.
1. Rest your body in a tabletop position on your yoga mat.
2. Gaze straight in front of you and lift your chin up so that the head automatically tilts upward.
3. Now force your stomach and navel downwards. And lift your tailbone and buttocks upwards.
4. Remain in this pose, taking deep breaths for a few minutes.
See More: Acro Yoga Poses
This asana helps to treat upper back pain.
1. Begin with a tabletop position.
2. Gaze straight. Now tilt your head bending it slightly downward.
3. Raise your upper back and shoulders up.
4. Stretch them to the ceiling and also ensure that your hands are stretched.
5. Keep your hands firmly rooted to the ground
6. Remain in this pose for some time and then relax.
It is therapeutic for upper and lower back pain. Also relieves shoulder pains.
1. Begin by lying down on the ground.
2. Keep both your legs together on the ground and your hands on either side of your body. The palms must be kept facing down.
3. Raise your left leg up such that it is perpendicular to the floor.
4. Now bend it at your knees and bring it to your stomach.
5. Interlock your hands on your leg and place the leg firmly on the floor.
6. Raise your head and try to touch your forehead to your left knee.
7. The other leg must be kept straight.
8. Release after few breaths and repeat the same with the other leg.
See More: Kriya Yoga Breathing Techniques
This is best suited for people who have thyroid problems. It also aids people who have trouble gaining weight.
1. Lie down on your back on your yoga mat.
2. Lift your legs in the upward direction. You could take the support of your hands for this.
3. Using your hands for support, slowly lift your back off the ground and align them straight and stretch it as much as you can.
4. Use your hand to support your back. You would now be in a position such that only your head and shoulders are on the ground. The whole body would be supported on the shoulders.
5. Remain in this position for a few seconds breathing deeply and then release.
This also best for people who like to cure thyroid. It is also helpful in reducing weight.
1. Lie down on your back with your hands on both sides and legs parallel to each other.
2. Lift your legs up taking the support of your hands, so that your buttocks are lifted off the ground. Let your legs make a perpendicular with the ground.
3. After getting comfortable with this pose, bring your legs to touch the ground above your head, without any distance between the legs.
4. Remain in this pose for 30 seconds and then roll back slowly to original position.
See More: Iyengar Yoga Poses
There are some people who may weigh very light. This asana helps such people to gain weight by strengthening the bones and muscles. It also relieves pain in the back and controls asthma.
1. Lie down on your tummy on a mat.
2. The tops of your feet must touch the floor and place your hands with palms facing downwards, under your shoulders.
3. Firmly pressing your palms on the ground. Push your chest off the ground and arch your spine towards the back.
4. Your hands must make 90 degrees with the ground and very near to your torso.
5. Look straight and hold this pose for a few seconds and then gently release.
This asana is helpful in enhancing better growth of hair, as it helps to circulate blood to the upper parts of the body.
1. Kneel down and sit on your heels.
2. Place your palms on your thighs, and keep your back straight.
3. Take deep breaths and stay in this pose for more than a minute and then relax.
This asana helps to stretch the body thereby relieving pain. It also regulates blood circulation in the body.
1. Begin by standing straight on the floor.
2. Stretch your hands up in the air.
3. Now bend forward at your hips and touch the floor besides your feet with your hands. You can also try to grab the ankles.
4. Hold this pose for a few seconds, taking a deep breath.
See More: Ananda Yoga Asanas and Benefits
Benefits of Baba Ramdev Yoga:
1. It helps in improving blood circulation and purifies the blood, thereby getting rid of toxins.
2. It improves immunity of the body.
3. It is also helpful in treating many illness and conditions, like thyroid, hair growth, etc.
4. It helps to rejuvenate the body and mind and keeps it fresh.
Stay healthy and be happy!!