The consumption of green tea has its origin in China during the rule of the Shennong emperor. Thus, the origin of green tea is native to the regions of China and then spread to the entire world. Thanks to the nutritional value of green tea that, it got instantly accepted by the entire world right after its introduction. It is assumed that the discovery of green tea and the various green tea benefits are began during the time of 2737 BC. After this, there was no looking back for green tea and its benefits for the entire world.
Green tea belongs to the family of Theaceae under the kingdom of Plantae. Other than the common name of green tea, it is also popular with its scientific name is Camellia Sinensis. The active compounds available in green tea are polyphenol, along with various antioxidants and vitamins. Thanks to these active compounds that green tea is known for its benefits for improved and stronger health.
What Is Green Tea?
Despite the various benefits that green tea delivers to the body. There has not been much information with the people about what is green tea. This tea is made using the Camellia sinensis leaves after they undergo the processes of oxidation as well as withering. The different varieties of green tea differ from one another based on various factors. Such as the time of harvest, climatic conditions, their growing conditions, etc.
Different Types Of Green Tea:
Along with the various uses of drinking green tea, there are quite varieties of green tea available in the market. Are you aware of the various types of green tea? If not, then have a look at these possible varieties of green tea available in the market:
- Sencha Green Tea: Sencha green tea is one of the most popular green tea which is generally used in households.
- Fukamushi Sencha Green Tea: This is the variety of green tea which is similar to Sencha green tea. But is steamed for a longer time.
Other than these popular varieties of green tea, some of the other types of green tea are as follow:
Is Green Tea Good For Health?
Yes, green tea is quite beneficial for health. Green tea is rich in various nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Which are known to have a positive impact on the health of the users. Most of the health experts also suggest using green tea during pregnancy as well to benefit both the mother and the child.
You can also mix green tea with various other natural ingredients to enhance its benefits for your health. You can also try getting the benefits of mint green tea and ginger green tea.
Importance Of Green Tea:
The importance of green tea can be easily understood by the various benefits. That the tea provides to the health, skin as well as the hair of the users. The regular use of green tea in its different forms brings the desired benefits in the least possible time.
Moreover, green tea suits almost everyone with its properties and the various green tea antioxidants. These benefits of having green tea are now supported by many health experts. As well and thus should not be missed.
Nutritional Value Of Green Tea:
Talking about the nutritional value of green tea. It contains all the desired nutrients that are important for delivering the needed benefits for improving the health of the users. Green tea is just an ingredient that suits all body types and all individuals without imparting any side effects to them. Although you may have to face some of the side effects of green tea. If you consume it in high amounts, in general, it is quite safe to consume.
Having the desired information about the nutritional value of green tea assures the users that they are consuming the right ingredient for their health improvements and benefits. The various nutritional facts or information about the various nutrients available in green tea are as follows:
- Caffeine: 0.02 g
- Calories: 2.5
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Proteins: 0.2 g
- Fibres: 0.0g
- Calcium: 3 mg
- Iron: 0.2 mg
- Potassium: 27 mg
- Polyphenol: 0.07 g
- Vitamin C: 6 mg
How To Make Green Tea?
After knowing the various benefits of green tea. We are quite sure that you want to try green tea for getting the desired benefits, isn’t it? You should surely do this as green tea would bring many benefits for the improvement of your health, skin and hair quality.
And if you are worried about how to make green tea, then the following steps would be helpful for you. Have a look at the following steps along with the ingredients needed:
- Green tea leaves
Steps To Follow:
- Take about 1 tablespoon of green tea leaves for making one cup of green tea.
- Put all these leaves on the strainer and put it aside.
- Take another bowl and boil about a cup of water in that.
- Let the water get completely boil, and then allow it to rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Now, put the strainer with green tea leaves on the cup.
- Pour this boiled water on the leaves and allow the tea to steep for about 3-5 minutes.
- Now, stir the green tea properly and enjoy your cup of green tea.
How Much Green Tea Should I Drink Daily?
On average, drinking about 3-5 cups of green tea is known to be beneficial for getting the health advantages of drinking green tea. However, the exact adequate amount of drinking green tea depends upon the need and the problem on which you are concentrating.
You should also consult with your doctor before deciding on the dosage of green tea, as consuming a very high amount of green tea can also bring some of the side effects along.
How To Drink Green Tea?
To get the maximum of green tea nutrients. It is important to have an idea about how to drink green tea. The best way to drink green tea is to bring the water at a boil and then to allow it to rest for some time. Now pour this hot water on all the green tea leaves for making the best flavoured green tea.
You can use the same process for making mint green tea, jasmine green tea as well as ginger green tea according to your liking and preferences.
When To Drink Green Tea?
Most of the people are often confused about when to drink green tea. Some of people prefer drinking it in the morning, while some prefer it drinking in the evening. For general information, you can drink green tea in the morning and early at night.
Other than this, the best time for knowing when to drink green tea is in between your meals. You can drink green tea 2 hours before or after consuming your meals for getting the maximum benefits and the absorption of all the nutrients.
Benefits Of Green Tea For Health, Hair & Skin:
Now, let us talk about the various benefits of green tea. Are you aware of the fact that it is not just your weight with which green tea is helpful? But this amazing tea is beneficial for the entire personality of the users? Green tea is full of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Which are needed for delivering the essential aspects to its users.
Health Benefits Of Green Tea:
Let us now analyze the various health benefits of green tea. By talking about the following benefits that green tea offers:
1. Improves Heart Health:
One of the major benefits of green tea is its ability to fight and prevent the possibility of heart disease. Green tea is considered to be very helpful for improving heart health without compromising on any other health issues. Green tea is known to increase the antioxidant levels in the body. Which in turn helps the body to fight against the possibility of heart disease.
Along with this, the various green tea supplements tend to reduce cholesterol levels and thus again benefit heart health in the best possible manner. There have been many types of research that support the benefits of green tea for improving the health of the heart.
2. Prevent Cancer:
It is the polyphenols of green tea which are seen as responsible for reducing the cancer-causing cells and their consequences. Along with the various nutrients and antioxidants, green tea is known to have enough quantity of polyphenols. These fight the free radicals inside the body, which are the main reason for causing cancer.
How To Consume:
- Have a cup of green tea in the morning and in the evening. If suitable, for fighting against the problems and symptoms of cancer.
- You can also try consuming the various green tea capsules for getting the required amount of antioxidants and polyphenols and their benefits for reducing the risk of cancer and its symptoms.
- Continue the consumption of green tea for 2-3 months and witness its amazing benefits.
3. Improve Brain Health:
Are you aware of the fact that green tea contains caffeine. Which is considered as one essential ingredient for enhancing brain health? Though, the amount of caffeine in green tea is not that high, which leaves you with the jittery effects. Caffeine reduces the effect of adenosine and thus helps in enhancing the functioning of the brain.
How To Consume:
- Sip a cup of green tea in the morning and witness its magic on the effective functioning of your brain in the best possible manner.
- You will certainly thank the green tea nutrition after its consumption for 2-3 months for the benefits that you get for your brain health.
- This has also been supported by most of the health experts and thus can be easily trusted and relied upon without any worries.
4. Boost Immunity Power:
Nothing is as blissful as having a strong immunity. Wouldn’t it be great to have immunity that is strong enough to fight against the possible problems and their side effects? If yes, and if you are looking for that one ingredient that can help you in boosting your immunity, then your answer is green tea. This is one of the merits of green tea that is even tested by most of the health experts.
Green tea is rich in catechins, which are known to boost immunity positively. Along with this, thanks to the antioxidants present in green tea, it proves to be beneficial for fighting against the free radicals available in the body. It is a complete package that helps in making the body’s immunity stronger.
5. Prevents Tooth Decay:
Many recent types of research have indicated the benefits of drinking green tea for enhancing the oral health of the users. It has been observed that people who drink green tea have better and stronger oral health than the ones who don’t drink green tea. Anti-inflammatory properties and anti-bacterial properties of green tea that the ingredient is known to be beneficial for the oral health of the users. This is one of the unknown green tea facts that are still not known to most of the people.
How To Consume:
- You can drink a cup of green tea in the evening or after your last meal to get all the required benefits for improving your oral health.
6. Promotes Digestive Health:
If you have trouble with digestive health, then you can try getting the benefits of green tea for that purpose as well. The benefits of organic green tea are considered to be the best when needed for improving digestive health. The digestion becomes way more difficult when you had a starchy food in your diet. But the herbal green tea can also benefit you in that case as well.
The antioxidants present in green tea help in improving digestive health within no time. The catechins help the intestine not to absorb all the dangerous calories that can leave a negative impact on the digestive health of the body. Along with this, green tea is rich in vitamins B, E, and C, which also improves the digestive power of the body.
7. Treat Arthritis:
Thanks to the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea, which proves to be beneficial for treating arthritis. These properties of green tea help in slowing the production of certain molecules in the body, which otherwise would have caused arthritis in the body. One of the benefits of drinking green tea is that it can improve the bone health of the user.
Apart from the antioxidants, green tea also delivers vitamins E and C for benefiting the bone health of the person. There are also many green tea tablets available in the market, which tends to provide the same benefit to arthritis patients as that delivered by the herbal green tea.
8. Helps In Weight Loss:
Make sure that you have selected the best green tea for weight loss so as to get the desired benefit within no time. Yes, you can get the benefits of green tea weight loss with the regular consumption of green tea. So, if you are struggling to lose your extra kilos, then do make use of green tea for fat loss. Green tea and weight loss are interlinked from a long time back when the various benefits of tea were found. As green tea boosts the metabolism with its antioxidants, it can be effectively used for losing that extra weight.
How To Consume:
- Start with the green tea weight loss program with the consumption of green tea twice a day, along with exercising.
9. Lower Your Risk Of Type-2 Diabetes:
After the benefits of green tea weight loss, let us talk about the other important benefits of drinking green tea for diabetic patients. Green tea helps in metabolizing the sugar levels in the blood, which controls the consequences of diabetes. The polyphenols also help in regulating the glucose levels in the blood, which again proves to be essential for keeping the desired control on the diabetes level of the users. No matter if you have been suffering from diabetes for a really long time, green tea can bring the required benefits.
How To Consume:
- Make the most of this green tea nutrition by regularly consuming green tea in the morning as well as in the evening.
10. Lowers Cholesterol Levels:
Along with the various benefits that green tea delivers to its users, one of the major advantages of green tea is to reduce cholesterol levels. The people who are aware of what is green tea would understand the various vitamins and nutritional value that green tea has in its store. It is because of these benefits of green tea that the different green tea supplements have become quite popular in the market. The various antioxidants, as well as the anti-inflammatory properties of green tea, help in controlling cholesterol levels in the body.
How To Consume:
- It has been observed that the regular consumption of green tea significantly reduces the high cholesterol problem in its users.
11. Maintains A Healthy Cardiovascular System:
Cardiovascular diseases can happen to anyone without any prior warning or without any prior symptoms. Therefore, it is quite important to keep a check on the reasons and some symptoms which indicates the problem of cardiovascular diseases. The antioxidants, along with the various vitamins available in green tea, are responsible for delivering the needed benefits for the cardiovascular systems. Thanks to the green tea vitamins, you can actually reduce the problem from the root causes.
How To Consume:
- One of the things that you can try is to consume green tea for 2 months and then witness its positive response against the problem.
12. Improve Bone Mineral Density:
One of the important uses of green tea is related to the improvement of bone mineral density. The organic green tea tends to have the maximum benefit for improving and enhancing the bone mineral density of its users. Along with this, the nutrients, especially the vitamins and minerals present in green tea, help the bones to get the right amount of essential nutrients that help them to enhance their positivity and benefits without any extra effects.
How To Consume:
- The people who were regular with the consumption of green tea were seen to have stronger bone health than the ones who were not so particular with drinking green tea.
- You simply have to drink 2 cups of green tea in a day, and your bones will get the required benefits of improved bone mineral density.
13. Promotes Longevity:
Do you know that the regular consumption of Japanese green tea can help you get the benefit of longevity? Yes, it has been observed that with the various green tea antioxidants and green tea vitamins, you can control all the possible problems of your health and thus provide you with the desired benefit of a long life.
How To Consume:
- The only thing that you should keep in mind is to be regular in the consumption of special Japanese green tea for getting this benefit.
- Many types of research were done before getting sure with this benefit of green tea.
- According to the many health experts, the best time to consume green tea is in the morning, on an empty stomach. So that your body can absorb all the available nutrients.
14. Aids In Depression Treatment:
Depression is quite common nowadays. The fast-moving pace of life often leave people depressed about their lives as well as from their expectations. The symptoms and consequences of depression grow slowly and steadily in the people and then leave them with a lot of health and mental problems. The antioxidants present in green tea make it one great ingredient for preventing the various symptoms of depression in the users.
How To Consume:
- It has been observed that if you are drinking 3-4 cups of green tea, then you can get the advantages of green tea against the problem of depression.
- It also helps in bringing the desired relief against anxiety and stress levels.
- Again, you have to be particular in selecting the best green tea supplement for getting these benefits.
Benefits Of Green Tea For Skin:
Amongst the various uses of green tea, one of the major benefits of green tea is for the improvement of the skin. Green tea for skin would make the best remedy if used in the proper order and in a proper manner. Let us have a look at the various benefits of having green tea for the skin:
15. Cure Acne:
One of the major benefits of green tea for skin is with acne. Acne is one of the common problems that most of the people face due to their lifestyle as well as these busy schedules. Along with this, the treatment of acne takes very long to show the desired results. But are you aware that you can make the most of green tea for acne with just least possible efforts?
How To Apply:
- Mix some of the fresh green tea leaves with some water and let it sit for 30-40 minutes at normal room temperature.
- Then strain this mixture and put it in the refrigerator for further use.
- Use this mixture water on a regular basis on your skin as a toner and also just to massage your face with that.
- This will make your tired face get refreshed and also will help in getting the benefits of green tea for acne in the best possible manner.
The anti-inflammation properties of green tea work the best for the signs of anti-ageing. The regular use reduces the redness and other irritating symptoms from the skin and thus reduces the ageing signs quite naturally. Along with this, the antioxidants present in the green tea also bring the maximum benefits for reducing the ageing signs. It also provides the benefits for cleansing the skin and making it glowing.
How To Apply:
- You can mix some honey and aloe vera gel with the green tea extract or water and then apply the same on your face on every alternate day.
- The use of green tea with honey not only reduces the signs of ageing but also makes the skin moist and beautiful.
- Apply this mixture for about 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water for getting the desired benefits.
17. Treat Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes:
It is quite simple to use green tea for puffy eyes and dark circles, and quite beneficial as well. You can understand the importance of green tea by just the fact that green tea reduces the puffy eyes as well as dark circles within no time. All you need to are some green tea bags for placing on your eyes for getting the benefits.
The caffeine present in the green tea is known to reduce the puffiness as well as the dark circles from the eye area. Other than this, the antioxidants in green tea also bring effective benefits for these needs. This is one of the major benefits of green tea during pregnancy as well.
How To Apply:
- Keep the green tea bags on your eyes as frequent as you can so as to get instant and maximum benefits.
- You can also put these green tea bags in the freezer for some time before applying them on the eyes.
Benefits Of Green Tea For Hair:
Here, we enlisted green tea benefits for hair. Let’s have a look into them.
18. Promotes Hair Growth:
We all like long and stronger hair with that shine and smoothness, don’t we? Now, what if you get to know that you can use green tea for hair as well? Yes, green tea has all the nutrition that is needed for stimulating the growth of your hair. The antioxidants are available in green tea help in fastening the hair growth. Other than this, it also helps in reducing the problem of hair fall along with other related problems.
The anti-bacterial properties of green tea help in reducing the bacterial growth on the scalp, which tends to come in the way for hair growth. Along with this, the anti-inflammatory properties present in green tea also prove to be beneficial for controlling the growth of the symptoms, which tends to stop the growth of the hair.
How To Apply:
- In order to get the maximum benefits of green tea for hair, make sure that you are particular with its application on the hair and the scalp.
- You can also use green tea with lemon and apply the same on the scalp to overcome possible problems.
- Green tea also improves the blood circulation on the scalp. Which again brings the needed benefits for the growth of the hair along with making it healthy, shinier and stronger.
See More: Does Green Tea Reduce Belly Fat
Side Effects Of Green Tea:
No matter how good green tea you use but, if you are not taking it in the right and adequate amount, you may have to face some of the effects of green tea on your health. Yes, green tea has some side effects to offer to the users who are not sure with the right dosage of this ingredient.
Are you aware of the various green tea side effects? If not, then have a look at the following possible side effects. That you may have to face with the over-consumption of green tea:
- Stomach problems.
- Sleeping problems.
- Iron deficiency or anaemia.
- Vomiting or nausea.
- Liver diseases.
- Disorder in bleedings.
It is, therefore, advised to consult with your health experts with your health expert and doctor before starting with any dosage of green tea.
These are the health benefits of green tea that you can get with the regular use and consumption of green tea. If you are not sure about how to make green tea for your concerning issue and also about how to drink green tea. Then you can get in touch with your health expert. Be sure with an adequate amount and way of using green tea to avoid the possible green tea side effects and to maximize its benefits only.
In case, you still have any doubts or questions left related to the uses of drinking green tea. Then, you can write to us by commenting below. We will get back to you with the best and the most relevant information and details about your concerning doubts.