Even knowing the fact that we must do some exercise to keep ourselves fit and healthy we somehow fail to maintain that routine. Our busy schedule doesn’t allow us any spare time to do the basic exercises. So we should at least try doing one exercise that not only keeps us fit but relaxes us from all our tension making us the stress-free whole day.
One such easiest and safest exercise is walking, which most people start doing up regularly to re-energise their bodies and burn away the harmful effects of stress. Regular exercise not only motivates it gives us energy too and empowers us. Here we enlisted, some top health benefits of walking. Let’s have a look at them.
We often try to reduce our weight in a short period of time. Many people don’t hesitate to go under the knife or do other painless surgeries or laser treatments that promise to reduce their weight in just a few days. But even following a meticulous diet routine or going for surgeries I get back on the same track. Most of us complain about doing yoga/ exercise when we can’t find any noticeable change in ourselves.
We should keep in mind that we need to jog, run, walk; cycle or swim for at least an hour a day then there will be a visible change in our bodies. Walking is the best exercise among the rest, be it a morning walk or evening walk it is beneficial equally and it is the simplest form of exercise. We should make it a point to walk either time in a day.
Read More: Benefits Of Brisk Walking
Our generation is so much into work that we often forget the basic needs and requirements of our body for which we often suffer from various mood swings. Walking relaxes our minds and makes us more energetic throughout the day.
The earliest hours in the morning would probably give you fresh oxygen and quality time to spend with the greenery and beauty around you so that you will feel all your tensions and pains go away. With the change of mind, our moods change, and we experience physical and spiritual upliftment. Walking also provides greater relaxation and turns a routine walk into a creative & rejuvenating experience.
The oxygen that we get early in the morning also gives us a great amount of energy, especially to our joints. Elderly people prefer morning walks more because morning exercises keep them free from joint pains all day long.
The movement of our legs opens up some of the energy channels in our body and releases good cholesterol in our blood. By constantly moving our joints, we can increase our blood circulation in a way that can only be completed with our daily morning walk. For doing morning walks, we can go alone or along with our friends, family, and pets or even make some new morning walk friends!
Most importantly many fitness experts advise walking instead of gymming because as it comes free of cost, you can do it alone since it doesn’t require any companion or expensive gadgets but burns nearly the same amount of calories as jogging does. Walking is preferred more in calm and peaceful surroundings like a garden or park area which relaxes the body from tension and stress. Walking is the most overlooked and neglected form of exercise which many of us don’t take seriously as an exercise as it sounds and look easy!
Read More: Walking For Weight Loss
Things to Know Before You Start Walking:
- Make a routine for going at least 30 minutes walk every day keeping pace at 3 to 5 miles an hour.
- Walking with an empty stomach is more beneficial. Digestion of food requires time and a lot of energy from the body. If you start doing the exercise right after eating, it overburdens your body making you feel sleepy. So it is convenient not to eat an hour before going out for a walk so you can eat fruits and juices.
- Just exercising alone will not make you healthy. You have to eat properly or show no affection for cigarettes and alcohol.
- Although an early morning walk is better as the air is fresher than the evening air the timings really don’t matter at all.
- Walking should be done to relax our mind as well as exercise the body, so we need to avoid busy roads. Select a nice, peaceful and green place where you can get fresh air with green & clean surroundings. Remember that taking more carbon dioxide than oxygen can harm our bodies.
Benefits of Walking:
- Walking contributes much to our overall health and fitness in the following ways:
- Walking strengthens our joints, bones and heart keeping us healthy.
- Walking is a very good exercise for controlling weight. Regular walking combined with low fat, high-fibre diet is an excellent form of weight control.
- It improves our mood and self-esteem.
- It gives us energy and helps us get a good night’s rest.
- Taking a walk regularly is one of the best things we can do for our back. It promotes muscular development and speeds up the endorphins release which provides our natural height.
- For elderly people walking is the best exercise. Day by day we get older, so the texture and the mineral content of bones decrease making them thinner. For this reason, the bones become too porous and brittle making them more likely to fracture. This condition in medical terminology is known as osteoporosis and performing exercise on a daily basis is also a key for preventing and treating osteoporosis.
- Walking regularly can reduce high blood pressure and hypertension making the heart work more efficiently and it also improves the blood circulation of our body.
- Walking regularly helps increase the levels of “good” cholesterol in the blood and reduces the chances of a heart attack. Walking also helps in lowering the risk of coronary heart disease.
Also Read: Running Tips For Weight Loss
In summary, walking emerges as a foundational pillar of a healthy lifestyle, offering a holistic approach to wellness. Its ability to enhance cardiovascular fitness, mental clarity, and overall vitality underscores its significance. So, take each step with purpose, for in the rhythm of walking lies a path to a better quality of life.