There is a sharp increase in the use of bamboo toothbrushes, quickly replacing traditional plastic toothbrushes. Why do you ask? Customers worldwide are looking for environment-friendly and more sustainable products because they are becoming more aware and eco-conscious. Bamboo is a natural product that doesn’t harm the planet because it decomposes easily, so a bamboo toothbrush can be a perfect choice.
In this article, we have prepared a list of some of the best eco-friendly bamboo toothbrushes from which you can choose one. Read on!
10 Best Bamboo Toothbrushes In 2023:
The disposal of plastic toothbrushes has become a matter of concern because they take a lot of time to decompose. This is why bamboo toothbrushes can be a perfect choice in your oral care.
1. Colgate Charcoal Bamboo Toothbrushes:
This is one of Colgate’s best charcoal bamboo toothbrushes, which is made with 100% natural and sustainably grown Bamboo. This toothbrush helps clean hard-to-reach areas with the help of charcoal-infused floss-tip soft bristles. In addition, it is a BPA-free toothbrush that comes with recyclable cardboard packaging. Finally, the product is tested rigorously and quality-tested as per the standards of Colgate.
- It is tested rigorously per Colgate standards.
- It is infused with charcoal.
- Floss-tip soft bristles.
- The handle is made with sustainably grown material.
- Recyclable cardboard packaging.
2. Terra Futura Bamboo Toothbrush:
This is a bamboo toothbrush on amazon by Terra Futura that has a better reach in the mouth because of the thumb support indent at the back and an angled head. In addition, this BPA-free and non-slip toothbrush fits your hand for a firm grip because of its natural curves. The bio-bases and non-toxic nylon bristles assist in cleaning your teeth efficiently while being soft. This eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush doesn’t cause any irritation or gum bleeding.
- It provides thumb support.
- It has non-toxic bristles.
- It has an angled head for better reach.
- Its design is ergonomic.
- It has natural curves.
- It might not be anti-mould.
3. Brush with Bamboo Toothbrush with Plant-Based Bristles:
Suppose you are looking for a bamboo brush that contains no fossil fuels. In that case, this eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush with bio-based bristles can be an ideal choice. In addition, this toothbrush has Bamboo handles with a good grip because of its ergonomic shape. The bristles help clean your teeth and gums well because it is made with 100% castor bean oil. This package includes the four best bamboo toothbrushes for a family and compostable plant-based packaging.
- It has an ergonomic shape.
- Good grip.
- The bristles are made of plant oil.
- It doesn’t have fossil fuels.
- Its packaging is compostable.
- Some people might have an odd aftertaste.
4. Isshah Biodegradable Eco-Friendly Natural Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrushes:
This eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush by Isshah comes in a pack of four, making it an ideal option for a family. This brush is made of sustainable Bamboo and is made under the supervision of dentists. This bamboo toothbrush provides you with an enjoyable brushing experience in addition to having anti-mould, mildew-proof properties.
- It is made with sustainable Bamboo.
- It is water-resistant.
- It has soft nylon bristles.
- It comes with a smooth handle.
- It has a polished finish.
- It is mildew-proof.
- It has anti-mould processing.
- With time the bristles may fall out.
5. Bamboozled Bamboo Toothbrush:
This bamboo toothbrush is soft and comfortable because it uses BPA-free nylon and olive oil-infused bamboo handles by Bamboozled. In addition, the bristles ensure thorough cleaning because they are infused with charcoal, efficiently absorbing plaque while you brush. Finally, each brush comes marked, which avoids confusion.
- Free of plastic.
- Easily identifiable because of the marks.
- Cleanses thoroughly.
- The bristles are charcoal-infused.
- Made with olive oil and BPA-free nylon.-
- Compostable toothbrush.
- The handle is not anti-slip.
[See More: Best Electric Toothbrushes]
6. Virgin Forest 10 Pcs Soft Bristles Bamboo Toothbrush:
If you want the best bamboo toothbrush made with Moso Bamboo, this biodegradable one by Virgin forest can be ideal. This product comes with a good grip featuring an ergonomic design. Moreover, these colourful toothbrushes are durable because they are more robust and harder than wood. Furthermore, they can be a cute addition to your bathroom because the soft bristles are coloured and are safe because they don’t contain Bisphenol-A. Finally, the ten-pack of toothbrushes is engraved with a letter distinguishing them from each other.
- The bristles are coloured.
- It comes with engraved letters.
- It has a smooth handle.
- The handle has an ergonomic design.
- It comes with soft charcoal bristles.
- It doesn’t damage enamel and gums.
- There might be shedding in bristles.
7. GoWoo 100% Organic Eco-Friendly Toothbrushes:
This non-plastic toothbrush pack by GoWoo comes in a collection of four pieces. The bamboo toothbrush helps with thorough cleaning because it comes with BPA-free nylon bristles made with castor oil that is soft yet firm. Since the bamboo handles are solid and smooth, you don’t have to worry about chipping or splinters. These eco-toothbrushes don’t mould because they are waterproof. The bristles are dyed with safe and non-caustic food colouring and can be fun.
- It has a soft handle.
- It doesn’t chip.
- It is a perfect choice for sensitive gums.
- It contains castor oil.
- The bristles might quickly fray away.
8. Love Beauty And Planet Manual Toothbrush:
Love Beauty and planet manual toothbrush is a vegan toothbrush whose handle has ethically sourced Bamboo. The bristles contribute to their overall health, cleansing them thoroughly as they are infused with charcoal. In addition, the anti-slip and strong handle make it easy to hold the brush. This bamboo toothbrush can be a sustainable choice and is a great gifting option for kids, and it comes with adorable packaging.
- It effectively cleanses your teeth.
- It has soft charcoal-infused bristles.
- It is made with ethically sourced Bamboo.
- It comes with an anti-slip handle.
- Sustainable choice.
- There might be fallout in bristles with time.
9. GREENZLA Bamboo Toothbrushes:
The Greenzla bamboo toothbrush is one of the best bamboo toothbrushes on amazon, which comes in a pack of 12 distinguishing pieces. The biodegradable bamboo handle is easy to hold and waterproof with a robust design. In addition, the bamboo toothbrush feels good on your teeth and gums because its bristles are soft and are blended with charcoal. These toothbrushes will last up to a year because they are made with BPA-free, sustainable materials and packaging.
- It has an anti-slip grip.
- It has charcoal-infused bristles.
- Waterproof product.
- Easy to hold robust handle.
- Anti-slip handle.
- The bristles might be too soft for some people.
10. Better & Better Bamboo Sonic Toothbrush for Adults:
This Better and Better bamboo electric toothbrush is ideal for adults. It has plant-based, soft and natural bristles made from castor bean oil. This electric toothbrush provides polish and a gentle cleaning by producing up to 38,000 micro-vibrations per minute. Depending on your brushing needs, choose from its five cleaning modes. This bamboo electric toothbrush also features a two-minute timer with 30-second interval pulses, which provides smart, seamless and more powerful cleaning.
- Provides optimal brushing experience.
- Comes with recyclable packaging.
- Provides powerful and seamless cleaning.
- It comes with a 2-minute timer.
- Ideal for sensitive teeth and gums.
How To Choose A Bamboo Toothbrush:
Here is the list of things you need to keep in mind when you are buying bamboo toothbrushes:
Choose a bamboo toothbrush whose handle is smooth and doesn’t cause splinters. Also, to ensure longevity, choose a water-resistant or waterproof brush. Finally, choose an angled brush that can easily reach hard-to-get places.
Suppose you don’t want to cause damage to your gums or tooth enamel. Choose a bamboo toothbrush with soft or extra-soft plant-based bristles. You can also choose medium-soft bristle if you don’t want too strong of an action. However, make sure you don’t scrub the teeth too hard.
Suppose you are choosing bamboo toothbrushes as a part of being environment-friendly. Why not choose packaging that is recyclable and compostable? Yes! Choose bamboo toothbrush packaging that is readily biodegradable and doesn’t use any plastic material.
Benefits Of Bamboo Toothbrushes:
There are several benefits attributed to the usage of bamboo toothbrushes. Some of them include the following:
- Replacing toothbrushes every three months is recommended, whereas plastic ones can take years to decompose, which can be dangerous for the environment. However, switching to bamboo toothbrushes can be recycled naturally and biodegrades quickly.
- Since we can grow bamboo plants multiple times without harming the earth, bamboo toothbrushes are sustainable.
- The soft bristles of the bamboo toothbrush help clean your teeth and gums without harming them.
- Bamboo toothbrushes efficiently clear yellow stains and plaque.
- Bamboo toothbrushes help cleanse hard-to-reach areas because of the thin, long, ergonomically-designed handles.
Switching to bamboo toothbrushes can be a perfect solution if you look for environmentally-friendly alternatives to plastic ones. Since Bamboo doesn’t harm the planet, bamboo toothbrushes are safe and effectively remove product build-up and plaque with the help of its soft and firm bristles. We hope the list of products mentioned in this article will help you choose the right one. Don’t forget to let us know if you found the article helpful!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Is there a chance of bamboo toothbrushes getting mouldy?
There is a chance of bamboo toothbrushes getting mouldy if you don’t clean them properly. However, if you want an anti-mould toothbrush, choose a water-resistant or waterproof one.
Q2. How long can we use one bamboo toothbrush?
Any toothbrush should be replaced every three months for efficient oral care. Replacing your bamboo toothbrush after a bout of illness or every three months is recommended.
Q3. Which is a better product, a bamboo toothbrush or an electric one?
Bamboo toothbrushes and electric toothbrushes have the same positive effect on oral hygiene. However, a bamboo toothbrush is perfect if you want an environment-friendly option.