These days, people are adopting this trend to a great extent. This is so because it’s more expressive and one can relate to it easily. Crown tattoos are opted for by both the genders. Its obvious symbol is that of royalty. But it serves to represent different concepts for different individuals. It is mostly chosen because of the large number of variations which can be made in its design. You can get a simple crown tattoo or add embellishments to it. There are manifold crown tattoo ideas for you to explore before you get inked with one. You can make it feminine or masculine, and so on. In general, it represents power, supremacy, and might – all of which are factors which individuals strive to achieve.
Latest Collections in 2020
Best King And Queen Crown Tattoo Designs With Meanings:
Crown tattoo meaning sums up Leadership, Power, and Royalty making it a fast catching trend. Crown tattoo designs are one of the best tattoos suitable for people having the characters of being a leader, king/queen, and people who love enjoying respect. People who intend to express themselves through innovative art, getting a tattoo is the best option for the same.
1. Queen Crown Tattoo With Diamond:
To make a style statement of one’s own, people opt for crown tattoos with a diamond. Diamonds, as they say, are girl’s best friend and what better ways than to get a diamond tattoo as a body art with a crown for that princess feel for a girl/ woman. This realistic crown tattoo can surely go a long way in saying a lot about one’s personality as a whole. Diamonds are known for confidence, and a crown is a mark of royalty. This eye-catching tattoo will give your personality a majestic appeal.
- Body Placement: This tattoo is best to get inked on your back for better visibility.
- Colour- Grey, blue, red colour along with colourful crown having golden detailing is looking charismatic.
- Size- Largely sized tattoo will perfectly fit on your back.
- Skin Tone– People possessing wheat colour or fair skin colour.
- Design– Shining diamond under the colourful rich looking crown is giving a beautiful and classy appeal.
- Suitable Gender – this is perfect for girls.
2. Large Crowns Tattoo With Stones:
Crown tattoo designs have a lot of flexibility in the sense that you can make them a simple black silhouette or make them large and detailed. Spanning across centuries, rulers have worn crowns ranging from simple halos made of olive branches to exquisite velvet crowns embellished with precious gems. So depending on your taste and style, you can choose the kind of crown tattoo you want.
- Body Placement- you can get this tattoo on your back or your arms and lower part of your neck.
- Colour- The black colour is sufficient with some grey add-ons.
- Size- Medium to large size as per your choice of area to be inked.
- Skin Tone– Fair and wheat skin tone people.
- Design- Simple and traditional crown tattoo.
- Suitable Gender – Girls love to carry such cute crown tattoos.
3. Embellished Sleeve Crown Tattoo With Flowers:
A crown tattoo design generally includes other elements such as flowers, letters and so on. Such elements add to its charm and over-all looks. A crown alone is seldom used by people who are looking to get an attractive tattoo to adorn their body. A crown tattoo with precious stones and flowers around it is more their cup of tea.
- Body placement¬Better to get it on your well-shaped biceps for a visibly rich look.
- Color– Golden, red and silver colour altogether provide this tattoo with a unique and striking appeal.
- Size-Large size covering your entire bicep area.
- Skin Tone– Fair people.
- Design- Roses, diamonds, thorns, and crowns are showcasing a very deep meaning.
- Suitable Gender – Such heavy-looking crown tattoos with different elements are suitable for boys.
4. Skull Crown Tattoo On Arm:
People interested in the macabre often get a skull tattooed with the crown. The crown adds a regal look to their tattoo and makes its meaning clearer and strengthens the message it is relating. There are other added elements too, but the traditional crown tattoo gives the skull the kingship it was lacking previously. Once you get a tattoo on your body, people start recognizing you by it, and it becomes an integral part of your personality.
- Body Placement- It is best to get inked on front arms for better visibility.
- Colour– Dark black in colour.
- Size– Large to medium size.
- Skin Tone– People having wheat and fair skin tone.
- Design– A skull with a crown conveying your royalty.
- Suitable Gender – Boys prefer to get tattoos with elements like skull due to their rough and tough personality.
5. Lion With Crown Tattoo On Hand:
In terms of the zodiac sign, the crown represents the sun sign, Leo. Thus a crown tattoo with a lion generally represents the Leo sun sign. The lion makes the meaning more evident and gives the tattoo a more intimidating look. Again the crown and lion are both symbols of power, strength, and supremacy. Thus, people may opt for it without Leo being their sun sign.
- Body Placement– Get this on your front arm or biceps for showcasing your power and strength.
- Colour- Black and grey in colour.
- Size– Large size.
- Skin Tone– fair and wheat skin people.
- Design– Lion wearing a crown symbolizing your sun sign and supremacy together.
- Suitable Gender – – It is ideal for boys who have a keen desire to display their domination and influence.
[ See More: Best Lion Tattoo Designs ]
6. Couple Crown Tattoos On Hands:
A king is nothing without a queen. What more a way to connect with each other as partners for life and have a feel of royalty by way of body art. Thus couple tattoos are a common crown tattoo design too! You can choose the kind of crown which has one female counterpart and one male. This is one of the popular and unique crown tattoos for couples. It is an interesting way to showcase the strength of your relationship.
- Body Placement- This tattoo must be inked on the wrist.
- Colour- Golden and pink colour combination will give it an appealing look.
- Size– Small size according to the space on the wrist.
- Skin Tone– wheat and fair-skinned people.
- Design– Traditional crown tattoo design.
- Suitable Gender — This tattoo with girl and boy symbol is suitable for couples in love.
[ See More: Best King and Queen Tattoo Designs ]
7. Crown Tattoo With Heart And Wings:
A crown alone is widely chosen for a tattoo design. But often it is incorporated with other elements and features to make it look better and mean more than just royalty and to up the cool quotient. A crown tattoo encompassing angelic wings and hearts is one of the coolest looking tattoo designs. It incorporates the royal look with the crown and has a free look with the widespread wings. Widen your angelic spirit with this cool crown tattoo.
- Body Placement– Get this tattoo on your belly, or back or side part of your stomach.
- Colour– the Black colour is enough to add a refined look.
- Size- Large size.
- Skin Tone– visibly fair looking people.
- Design– Crown with heart and wings on it.
- Suitable Gender – Both girls and boys like such cool crown tattoos.
8. Crown Tattoo With Cross:
Christians believe that Jesus was crucified with a crown of thorns upon his head. Many religious fanatics get a crowned cross tattooed upon their arms. This crown tattoo symbolizes their deep-seated faith in Jesus and the miracles he can perform. Again many people may opt for this crown traditional tattoo design to represent their struggles and not the Christian meaning behind it. Whether you are religious or not, this tattoo is sure shot to get public attention, making you stand out among the crowd.
- Body placement– get this tattoo inked either on your back or chest preferably due to its size and the message its is conveying.
- Colour– An intelligent combination of black and red colour will do wonders to this tattoo.
- Size– Large size covering the entire chest area.
- Skin Tone-Fair skin people.
- Design– holy Cross with traditional crown tattoo design.
- Suitable Gender – Boys go for such unique crown tattoos.
[ See More: Best Cross Tattoo Designs ]
9. King Crown Tattoo With Name:
Another typical crown tattoo design is that of a crowned name. The king represents the highest authority in most monarch systems. In some cultures, the king was believed to be the representative of god! People who wish to portray how highly they think of themselves often get their names tattooed with embellished crowns over them. It is one of the best crown tattoos for men. Hence, get your name to be remembered always with this traditional crown tattoo.
- Body Placements– biceps, front arms or thighs for giving it a perfect visible shape.
- Colour– a combination of black and grey colour.
- Size– Large size of this tattoo will provide it with a rich and royal look.
- Skin Tone– medium to fair looking people.
- Design– Imperial design with a traditional crown tattoo.
- Suitable Gender – This type of crown tattoo is inked by boys who like to showcase their royalty and charismatic personality.
10. Small Black Crown Tattoo On Neck:
Crowns can be simple or extravagant. Sometimes the simple ones look way more sophisticated and deep than those embellished with all sorts of precious stones. So the most common among the crown tattoo designs are the simple black ones that are made small and generally on the inside of one’s wrist. You can get it on your arm or the back of your neck. It is one of the cool crown tattoos for girls. Show your hidden princess to the world.
- Body Placement– You can get this tattoo on your back, neck, wrist or arms.
- Colour– Black colour will do justice to this crown tattoo, keeping it simple.
- Size– Large to medium depending on the part you are getting it inked on.
- Skin Tone– Fair skin people.
- Design– Tattoo looking likes a shadow of a crown.
- Suitable Gender – Girls love to get this tattoo.
11. Imperial Queen Crown Tattoo:
As the word rightly says, Imperial means Royal or princely/majestic. Getting an Imperial and unique crown tattoo is just the perfect way to show the power and command one possesses. Also, as Imperial signifies power with royalty, it commands respect from the person wearing the tattoo and also is a mark of self-control and taking wise and just decisions. Give people a reason to stare at you for a little longer.
- Body Placement– Biceps.
- Colour– Black or any dark colour.
- Size– Large size would go perfectly.
- Skin Tone– Wheat or fair-skinned people.
- Design-Crown with minute detailing.
- Suitable Gender -Boys who are fitness conscious get this tattoo inked.
12. Tribal Crown Tattoo Designs:
Tribal refers to the design or the style used in traditional tattoos in Polynesian cultures. This style of unique crown tattoo patterns uses thick lines and geometric patterns while incorporating new elements. Tribal tattoos are a new way of expression in today’s life. The crown symbolizes power and prestige. The tribal design in the crown tattoo adds to the funkiness quotient and also to the personality of the person wearing the tattoo.
- Body Placement– you can get this tattoo on your neck or arms.
- Colour– Black will give this tattoo a traditional look.
- Size– Large to medium size.
- Skin Tone– It will look perfect on people having fair or wheat skin tone.
- Design– Simple yet classy.
- Suitable Gender – both girls and boys go for this kind of crown tattoo.
13. Crown Tattoo With Quote And Heart:
There are times when you feel that your whole life revolves around a specific quote or an ideology. Finding a quote that truly inspires you can be turned into a tattoo that has real meaning behind it with the elements of a crown and a heart for that special feel on a daily basis. Traditional tattoo designs are great, but a quote tattoo motivates you or just makes you feel better when you need it the most. There are varied beautiful crown tattoos you can opt for. Couple a quote with a heart and a crown and you’ll have a tattoo that everyone is sure to appreciate!
- Body Placement– Visible body part, such as arms.
- Colour– Colourful.
- Size– Large to medium size.
- Skin Tone– Medium to fair looking people.
- Design– Detailing using heart and quotes.
- Suitable Gender – Though such crown tattoos are preferred by boys, but girls also opt for the same.
14. Crown Tattoo With Letter:
What better way to get inked than with the initial of one’s name or with the first alphabet of one’s name. Top those with a crown for that royal feel, and there you have just made a style statement of your own. Cute crown tattoos with alphabets are very popular among youth for the addition to one’s character. Combination of a crown tattoo with the alphabet also reveals one’s thoughts and also savours the pleasure for appreciating one’s thoughts too. Keep walking with a charismatic personality, making people turn their heads.
- Body Placement– It can be inked on your back ideally for a more detailing and rich look.
- Colour– It looks classy with black colour, but you can get it coloured otherwise.
- Size– Large size would add magnificence to it.
- Skin Tone– People with wheat or fair skin tone.
- Design– Either keep it simple or customize it as per your likings.
- Suitable Gender -Usually boys like such kind of unique crown tattoo.
15. Small Crown Tattoo On Finger:
One of the most visible parts of the human body is one’s fingers, and wearing tattoos or rings them can surely be a style statement. Also, finger crown tattoos are becoming a popular fashion statement around the globe. The best things about finger tattoos are that they are versatile as one can have a great variety of designs tattooed on the fingers. Finger crown tattoos are particularly popular among women. The designs may be minimalistic and simple because of the small area available for creating them, but they say a lot about the taste and attitude of the person carrying the finger crown tattoo designs.
- Body Placement– This tattoo should be inked on fingers, preferably.
- Colour- Black colour will keep it classy.
- Size– Small size would be perfect for finger.
- Skin Tone– People with whitish to fair skin tone can get this tattoo.
- Design– Simple and cute crown tattoo.
- Suitable Gender – It is mostly liked by girls.
Additional Tips Before You Get Inked a Crown Tattoo:
- If you are having thought to get a crown tattoo, there are some things that you must keep in mind before selecting one. As we all know that crown symbolizes royalty, self-esteem, and strength. Also, there are various elements that can be added to it, giving it a completely new meaning.
- If you are intending to get yourself inked, aim for sophisticated and medium to large-sized crown tattoos. Get it inked on visible parts of your body such as fingers, neck, lower back, forearms, wrists, and biceps. Choose colour intelligently ensuring that you are not over-doing the colour combination.
The crown has been always used as a symbol of royal power and authority. The crown suggests the absolute power to rule. Wearing the crown as a tattoo is for victory and to enjoy respect among the surroundings. As a tattoo symbol, the crown doesn’t just mean the right to command. It symbolizes an individual’s sovereignty over life, feelings, thoughts, and actions. The crown tattoo is a symbol of self-control and is a reminder to use power and authority in a wise and just manner.