Facial Cotton pads may sound like the new kid on the block, but they are the original makeup-removing wipes used by the previous generation women. However, due to comfort and convenience, these pads slowly gave way to readymade wet wipes, which end up in landfills and contribute to more pollution. Now that we are slowly getting back to our roots, facial cotton pads are back in the game and better than ever before.
These pads with organic cotton are gentle on your face and even on the planet! Along with effectively removing makeup and impurities from the skin, Cotton pads also work like mild exfoliators to get rid of dead cells.
In this article, we have listed the 15 Best Facial Cotton Pads that work like a charm on your skin and keep you free from eco-guilt!
15 Best Facial Cotton Pads To Try In 2021:
Here is our list of 15 best cotton pads for face which are worth a try:
1. Cliganic Premium Cotton Rounds for Face:
Cliganic Premium Cotton Rounds for Face are one of the best-selling exfoliating cotton round pads made with 100% natural cotton. They are hypoallergenic and line-free, meaning you will have no debris or particles left of your skin. Each pad has multi-layers of cotton for extra absorption and deep cleaning of skin pores. It can be used on both sides and ideal for removing makeup, nail polish and even application of toners, lotions etc.
Quantity: Available as Pack of 100
- 100% pure natural cotton.
- The pads are strong and don’t tear easily.
- Good absorption.
- Free from Lint.
- Round shape pads make it easy to use.
- They don’t damage the skin or cause redness.
- Sensitive skinned people may find the textured surface a little coarse on the skin.
- Although the product claims to be lint-free, the fibres keep falling off the surface.
2. Simply Soft Cotton Rounds:
Simply Soft is another trusted brand which offers 100% soft, organic round cotton pads for a face. The unique 4-layer design allows perfect cleansing in just a few swipes. The outer layer is quite smooth, making it ideal for applying creams and lotions on the skin. They are also great for first-aid and nail polish removal wipes. The soft and absorbent cotton pads are free from impurities and rough particles which scratch your skin.
Quantity: Available as a value pack of 300 or 100 pieces in a re-sealable bag.
- Smooth surface that doesn’t damage the skin.
- Holds liquid and lotions well.
- They don’t shed like other cotton pads.
- The packet is re-sealable.
- 2-3 pads are enough to remove heavy makeup.
- Affordable pricing.
- The product does leave a reside on the skin.
3. Shiseido S Cotton Pads:
Check out these best Cotton Facial pads from Shiseido which earned excellent ratings from many customers. What separates this brand from the others is the use of natural Japanese cotton which has a high absorbent capacity and leaves no traces on the skin. The square-shaped pads offer a bigger surface area for cleansing and take no more than one or two wipes to do the job. They are also quite durable and strong compared to other drugstore cotton pads.
Quantity: 108 Sheets
- Thick Sheets and Better quality.
- Soaks and retains liquids quite well.
- Large facial cotton pads.
- Effective in removing makeup and nail polish.
- It won’t leave any lint on the skin.
- Sheets don’t fall off.
- Soft and smooth texture.
4. Rael Facial Sponge Cotton Pads:
Check out these thin cotton pads for the face from Rael which come in a square shape. The pads are made with superior natural cotton pulp and cosmetic-use rayon to give you a line-free experience. The square pads are also tear-resistant and do not fall apart when liquids are soaked. Due to their high absorbent properties, you can just use half the amount of liquid or micellar water that you normally use. The pads are made with Airlaid technology which uses no water for making.
Quantity: Box of 200 Pads
- Smooth, silky pads.
- Do not leave traces on the face.
- Prevents product wastage.
- Durable and absorbent pads.
- Nice paper box packaging.
- Value for money.
- Too thin for removing makeup.
5. Amoza Japanese Organic Cotton Pads:
Amoza is a Japanese cosmetic brand that is renowned for high quality, strictly “Made in Japan” products. Seen here is a pack of organic cotton pads made from the finest cotton that is free from chemicals, bleach and pesticides. The size of these pads is ideal for makeup remover and cleansing of wounds and cuts. The pads come in a resealable bag making it easy for you to store and use them at your convenience.
Quantity: Packet of 100 Pads.
- Natural Cotton.
- Free from harsh bleach and chemicals.
- Good absorption capacity.
- Safe for removing makeup on sensitive areas of the face.
- Excellent quality sheets.
- Reasonable Pricing.
- Slightly coarse on sensitive skin.
6. MUJI Makeup Facial Cotton Pads:
Muji is another trusted Japanese brand that offers soft cut, unbleached cotton facial cleansing pads. The pads are chemical-free and bleach-free making them ideal for using on sensitive skin. Each pad has multi-layers that are tightly compressed for better durability and strength. The surface texture is quite smooth and do not cause any abrasion on the skin.
Quantity: Packet of 180 pieces.
- 100% natural, organic cotton.
- Very soft.
- Absorbs liquids quite well.
- Reasonable pricing for the quality.
- It can be used to remove nail polish as well.
- Long waiting time as it is an imported item.
[See More: Best Facial Wipes]
7. Diane Cotton Squares:
Diane cotton squares are made with 100% natural cotton and ideal for removing makeup, nail polish etc. These organic, biodegradable cotton pads for the face are a sustainable alternative to chemical-based cotton pads. They come in resealable packaging. Each cotton square is designed at 2.4 inches long and 2 inches wide. They are suitable for adults and even babies.
Quantity: Packet of 160 pieces
- Multi-purpose pads.
- Soft and gentle on skin.
- Bio-degradable and eco-friendly.
- Light-on-pocket pricing.
- Resealable packet.
- Quite thick and durable.
- Pulling just one square from the packet can be a cumbersome affair.
8. Swisspers Premium Exfoliating Rounds:
Swisspers Premium Exfoliating cotton facial pads offer dual benefits- cleansing and exfoliation. Each pad has a textured side for exfoliation and a smooth side for gentle cleansing. The slightly raised surface of one side is ideal for scrubbing away dead cells and stubborn makeup. The smooth surface is suitable for cleaning makeup in sensitive zones like eyes as well as removing nail polish. The multi-layered pads come with stitched edges for better durability and strength.
Quantity: Packet of 80 rounds
- Dual-purpose pads.
- Inexpensive price tag.
- 100% natural cotton material.
- Loosens up makeup and deep-seated debris.
- The soft side is gentle and quite absorbing.
- The textured side is too rough on sensitive skin.
- The pads stick to each other and make it difficult to remove from the packet.
9. AnnaLisa 100% Pure Combed Cotton Rounds:
Annalisa round facial cotton pads are designed for deep cleansing without damaging the skin. The pads are made with 100% pure and exceptional quality cotton for easy removal of makeup and nail polish. They are also bio-degradable, chemical-free and hypoallergenic. These “Made in Italy” pads are also lint-free and super absorbent. They come in a value pack of 240 pads for long term usage.
Quantity: Value pack of 240 pads
- Great quantity for the price.
- Suitable for sensitive and delicate skin.
- Doesn’t give any lint problem.
- Pads stay intact and do not fall apart.
- Neat and smooth edges.
- Too soft and not suitable for exfoliation.
10. Oxodia Reusable Makeup Remover Pads:
The Oxodia Reusable Cotton pads are a great eco-friendly alternative to regular disposable pads. They are super soft and fluffy which can be used for cleaning makeup or applying toners. The pads are with a blend of bamboo, cotton and polyester. They are quite gentle for using on sensitive areas like eyes and even on delicate skin. These washable cotton pads are quite easy to carry in your bag too. Each set comes with 3 black scrubbing pads and 12 mint and white cleansing pads.
Quantity: Pack of 15
- Reusable and Washable.
- Separate pads for cleansing and exfoliation.
- Great pricing.
- Suits all skin types.
- Comes with a small laundry bag for machine wash.
- Need to use a lot of product for better absorption.
11. Intrinsics 407406 Large Oval Cotton Pads:
These large cotton facial pads from Intrinsics have an interesting Oval shape for a perfect fit in your hand. The pads are made with 100% medical-grade cotton to rule out possibilities of allergies on sensitive skin. Each pad measures 3 inches for better coverage and faster cleansing of the skin. The medium-high absorbent pads can be used as dry and wet. They can be used dual-side for exfoliation and cleansing.
Quantity: Pack of 50 pads
- Double-sided pads.
- Free from allergies.
- Gentle and soft.
- Great for cleansing and exfoliation.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- It can be used as eye pads also.
- Doesn’t shed fiber.
- Slightly pricey for 50 pads
12. ORGANIC Cotton Makeup Puff:
These organic cotton facial pads are manufactured in Japan using the finest quality cotton. The brand promises to give you 100% natural, chemical-free, pesticide-free, bleach-free and hypoallergenic cotton pads that are safe on the skin. You can even notice some black specs on the medium-sized pads, indicating that the cotton is unprocessed. Each pad measures 2 inches and works great for cleansing and toning.
Quantity: 200 pieces
- Super soft pads.
- Great absorption.
- Don’t fall apart or tear easily.
- Excellent material.
- 100% natural and chemical-free.
- Medium size for good coverage.
- Value for money.
- The ends are not stitched which may lead to the separation of layers.
[See More: Best Makeup Remover Wipes]
13. NOLEO Fluffy Cotton Pads:
These super-fluffy and soft cotton facial pads from NOLEO can be used as both dry or wet wipes. They work well for facial cleansing and can be converted as diaper wipes by wetting them. The ultra-smooth wipes are suitable for the delicate skin of newborn and infants. These large cotton pads offer bigger coverage, making them ideal for multi-purpose usage. The pads use certified organic cotton and cause no allergies or rashes.
Quantity: Pack of 150
- Palm-sized pads.
- Versatile usage.
- Very soft and smooth.
- Do not cause any abrasion.
- Bleach and toxin-free.
- Ideal for sensitive skin.
- Pads are thin and delicately made.
14. Marley’s Monsters Reusable Facial Rounds:
Marley’s Facial Rounds are eco-friendly and sustainable cotton pads which can be washed and reused many times. Each cotton pad is about 3 inches and the set also includes a laundry bag for machine wash. The pads can be used as facial wipes or breast pads. They are made with soft cotton material for better absorption and the ends are sealed for extra durability.
Quantity: Pack of 20
- 100% cotton material.
- Mesh bag for easy wash.
- Multi-purpose pads.
- Doesn’t tear or fray.
- Removes even waterproof makeup.
- A little pricey.
15. White Rabbit Premium 100% Cotton Facial Pads:
White Rabbit is a K-beauty brand which offers 100% natural cotton pads which are free from pesticides, lint, bleach and chemicals. Each pad is large enough to cover your face and can even be used for making DIY facial sheet masks. The soft and durable pads are suitable for all skin types and do not cause any allergic reactions on sensitive skins.
Quantity: Pack of 200
- Large sheet for bigger coverage.
- Soft and gentle pads.
- Made with 100% pure cotton.
- Holds the right amount of liquid.
- Doesn’t cause any product wastage.
- No major cons
Buying Guide For Facial Cotton Pads:
If you are new to buying these pads, then we recommend you to follow some of the tips listed below:
- Always choose pads that clearly mention “100% natural cotton” and words like “organic”, “chemical-free, “hypoallergenic,” etc. Also, make sure that the pads are not bleached to avoid skin irritation.
- Good quality facial pads must absorb the right amount of product like toner or micellar water and avoid product wastage. If your cotton pad is either drinking up too liquid or resisting the product, then it’s time to switch to a better one.
- The pads must not smudge the makeup on other parts of your skin and soak up the impurities properly.
- The surface of the pad should be smooth and gentle. Even exfoliation pads must not scratch or damage the tissues of your skin.
- It is better to choose multi-layered and compressed pads for better durability and ease-of-use. Super thin ones can easily fall apart.
How to Use Facial Cotton Pads?
Here are the steps to use facial cotton pads in an effective manner:
- Firstly, pull out a cotton pad from the packet.
- Now, pour some micellar water/toner/lotion on the pad and let it absorb the product.
- Place the pad on your face and gently swipe it using minimal pressure.
- Repeat the steps until you are sure that the face is makeup and dirt-free.
- Dispose of the pad in a bin or wash it if it is a reusable one.
- DO NOT flush the pad.
Those are some of the best cotton facial pads to check out in 2021. There is no doubt that these pads will alter your cleansing game and make you say goodbye to the chemical-laden wet wipes. So, have you used any of these pads before? If yes, do share your experiences with us!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Why are cotton pads better than wet wipes?
Ans: Wet wipes are soaked in a chemical-based cleansing solution, which usually contains alcohol. People with sensitive skin may experience allergic reactions to these products. They may also not suit the usage of sensitive areas like your eyes. The wipes are also not biodegradable and eco-friendly. Cotton pads, on the other hand, are quite gentle on your skin and allow you to use whichever product you desire.
Q2. Are reusable cotton pads hygienic?
Ans: Reusable pads are hygienic as long as you do not share them with others and wash them properly after every use. Make sure to sterilize the wipes to avoid the spreading of bacteria or other pathogens. Store in a clean and sterile container for future use.
Q3. How do you wash reusable cotton pads?
Ans: After every use, throw the pads into the laundry bag provided in the packet, and wash them using detergent. You can also handwash them by soaking the pads in hot water before scrubbing them using soap or detergent. Air or Machine dry before the next use.
Q4. How to use cotton pads to remove nail polish?
Ans: You must pour some nail polish remover on the pads and wipe the polish using the wet surface. Additionally, you can also soak the cotton pads in some remover for a while. Then pick up each wipe and swipe them on the nails to remove the product.
Q5. Are cotton pads environment-friendly?
Ans: Although cotton pads are made with biodegradable, chemical-free cotton, they are meant for single-use only. So, you end up buying more packets which are made with plastic. The solution is to choose a brand that uses pads and packets that are biodegradable and reusable.