Lord Ganesh holds a significant position in Hinduism. He is also known by the names of Vinayaka, Ganapati, Ekadanta and Gajakarna. Ganesh is the most revered Gods of Hindu religion and it is a customary practise to worship him first before starting a new enterprise, including worshipping other Gods. Born to Shiva and Parvati, worshipping Ganesh is known to remove obstacles and ward off evil. He is also known as the God of education, wisdom and good health. In this article, we shall explore the best of Lord Ganesh tattoos to try this season.
Ganesha Tattoo Meaning and Importance:
Ganesh tattoos are usually inked by followers of Hindu religion. Although Lord Ganesh is an Indian deity, he is quite famous with the westerners, who worship him by getting him etched in ink on their bodies. To understand Ganesh elephant tattoo meaning, you can clearly observe this body, which is a mix of animal and human forms, depicting the co-existence of both the creature to maintain perfect harmony. These tattoos are designed in sitting or standing positions, ready to be worshipped by his devotees. The objects around him have symbolic significance, for example, a lotus can mean a new beginning and an axe can mean destroying of evil. You can get more interpretations of Ganesh name tattoos in this article.
Some of the best Ganesh tattoo images have been enlisted in the following paragraphs.
Best Tattoo Designs Of Lord Ganesha
Ganesh tattoos are modern, inspiring, different yet very religious in outlook and impart a way of life in today’s
1. Simple Lord Ganesha Tattoo On Arm:
A colorful Lord Ganesha tattoo looks illustrious and vibrant. The different ornaments make it look rich and attractive. The attire adds to the beauty of the tattoo and manages to capture of the identity of this deity. Lord Ganesha is also revered as the destroyer of pride, selfishness and vanity. The simple Lord Ganesh tattoo looks grand and majestic just like the Lord himself. Life is full of difficulties and hindrances but those who succeed, do so with sheer will power and the Ganesha tattoo is a significance of the same. A simple Ganesh tattoo is the personification of all the material universe in all its various manifestations.
- Best for: This Hindu Ganesh God tattoo is done artistically and is suitable for men with big arms. The design is kept quite simple, while paying attention to all the necessary details like the garland, axe and other religious marks.
- Preferable ink: Black and red colored inks are the most preferred to cover the details
- Where: This tattoo is best when inked on the arm or on the biceps
- Size: This tattoo also looks best when inked in medium size as it has a lot of detailing.
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people with fair or wheatish skin tones.
2. Ganesha Tattoo Design On Back:
Some of the best Ganesh tattoo designs seen till date are the full body ones. They cover your back from head to foot and give you a very different and unique look. A variety of colors and patterns can also be used to complement the tattoo. In this particular tattoo, Lord Ganesha is seen with two arms. There can be many different designs for full body Ganesha tattoo but the one thing that stays constant is the sense of reverence that is portrayed in the tattoos which shows Ganesha wearing a wealth of gold ornaments and jewels which symbolizes both opulence and reverence.
- Best for: This is one of the most complex and difficult patterns in Ganesh tattoos. This is suitable only for men with larger bodies to cover all the aspects of the design
- Preferable ink: Using a grey and black background, this design includes a number of colors for detailing
- Where: It is a full body tattoo which requires a smooth, shaved body as the canvas
- Size: This is an extra large tattoo that requires maximum coverage
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people with fair skin tone only
3. Golden Ganesh Tattoo Designs:
Lord Ganesha has always been associated with gold, wealth and most importantly; a sumptuous bowl of rich yellow laddoos. The fragrant garland around his neck and the different objects define his identity and his image. Therefore a Ganesh Tattoo that has been carved in golden color along with all the distinct features that he possesses will really give you an innovative look.
- Best for: This Golden Ganesh tattoo is specifically for men, who are true devotes of the Lord and wish to get his images inked on their bodies
- Preferable ink: You can use hints of gold, along with brown. White and red colors
- Where: This is a big tattoo which can be done on areas like Calf muscle or on big biceps
- Size: This is fairly a large sized tattoo to ensure all the details are covered.
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people with dusky and fair skin tones
4. Small Symbolic Ganesh Tattoo:
Symbolic Ganesha tattoos are simple yet very creative in looks. These tattoos give out a strong message showing the strength and power of Lord Ganesha. The tattoo design is very minimalistic and Ganesha is just symbolized using the outlines in black color. This simple tattoo design can be etched on anywhere on the body to symbolise wisdom and education.
- Best for: This Ganesh pattern can be done by both men and women, who wish to keep it simple, yet elegant
- Preferable ink: Use black colored ink for better visibility
- Where: Symbolic tattoos can be done on any parts of the body
- Size: You can choose a small to medium sized tattoo based on the placement area
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people of all skin tones
See More: Om Tattoo Designs for Men And Women
5. Tribal Ganesh Tattoo Designs:
This is quite unique and different type of Ganesha tattoo, using tribal images, writings and designs. The tribal tattoo designs are mostly solid black in color. Tribal tattoos are close to modern art designs. In this Tribal Ganesha Tattoo designs, the image of Ganesha is incorporated in a modern way. These make use of Geometric patterns symbolising symmetry in life.
- Best for: Tribal tattoo patterns are suitable for both men and women, which makes use of geometric patterns to form of the image of Lord Ganesha
- Preferable ink: Use black colored ink to capture the details well
- Where: Tribal Ganesh tattoo looks great on arms, biceps and even on the back
- Size: Opt for a medium and large sized Ganesh pattern to ensure good coverage of details
- Skin tone: Medium to fair skin tones can get this tattoo done
6. Om Ganesh Tattoo Designs:
Om is a very powerful and holy word for the Hindus and is used while trying to connect with God. A Ganesh tattoo with Om written on it will bring a lot of meaning and fortune to one’s life. It is one of the best Ganesh tattoos seen so far. This Om Ganesha design is very unique in itself which combines the divine power of Om and Lord Ganesha in a tattoo. The flow of the tattoo is such that Ganesha and the symbol Om are beautifully combined into one. The Ganesha tattoo is simple yet very elegant and unique. You can also try the Buddha Ganesha tattoo pattern which is similar to this design
- Best for: This is a beautiful design suitable for both men and women. It helps in offering spiritual solace, while giving them the confidence to venture into something new.
- Preferable ink: Use black and red colored ink for detailing
- Where: This is preferably done on the arms, wrist and shoulders
- Size: A medium sized Ganesh tattoo looks perfect
- Skin tone: Medium, light and fair skin tones can get this tattoo done
7. Abstract Ganesha Tattoo:
Abstract Ganesh Tattoos are very popular as they are small and unique in designs. These can be tattooed at any part of the body, as in wrist, neck,fingers, forearm etc. The tattoos are simply outlined to represent Ganesha as in the face with trunk or just trunk with eyes,etc. The tattoo symbolizes the Lord in his form to give inner strength.
- Best for: Abstract Ganesh tattoo designs are perfect for both men and women, who have a modern way of life, but choose to stay connected to their roots.
- Preferable ink: Black is the best color for this design
- Where: You can get this done on arms, wrist and even on the back of the neck
- Size: Choose a small to medium sized design based on the placement location
- Skin tone: This design is done in black and hence is suitable for most skin tones.
8. Ganesh Sitting On A Lotus Tattoo Design:
Lord Ganesha is known to sit on a lotus. It seems to be his grand chariot. A tattoo of Lord Ganesha sitting peacefully on his lotus with his hands extended in two opposite directions, one holding a lotus and the other an axe will look stupendous and extremely creative. This tattoo is extremely colourful and is quite artistic. It need a high level of skill and expertise to get such an output on the body.
- Best for: This is suitable for both the genders who love to add an artistic element to their bodies. The extreme level of details show their zeal to achieve perfection.
- Preferable ink: This design makes use of multiple colors for the best output
- Where: This design is suitable on the back and shoulders
- Size: Only a large sized image can do justice to this beautiful design
- Skin tone: As it uses multiple colors, fair skin tones can carry it well
9. Leaf Ganesha Tattoo On Leg:
The leaf Ganesha tattoo looks very different as compared to other Ganesh tattoos. It portrays the picture of this deity in the form of green leaves with his eyes and eyebrows drawn in a very artistic manner. They are ideal, exotic and an exquisite way to describe his beauty. Lead Ganesh symbolises nature and how He is present in every single element.
- Best for: This is a unisex tattoo which is suitable for all environment lovers, who believe in “Going Green”.
- Preferable ink: Opt for shades of Green to get the desired effect
- Where: This design is suitable on shoulders and arms
- Size: A medium sized image works well to capture the beauty of this design
- Skin tone: Suitable for lighter skin tones.
See More: Leo Tattoos For Men And Women
10. Musical Ganesha Tattoo Designs:
Musical Ganesha Tattoo symbolizes Lord Ganesha enjoying music. In this particular design, Lord Ganesha is seen enjoying playing a flute, a wind instrument, with closed eyes stating the immense joy received while listening to soulful music. The tattoo also gets once close to music and the importance of it in today’s life.
- Best for: This Musical Ganesh tattoo is suitable for both the genders who are in love with music. The design symbolises peace and harmony in life.
- Preferable ink: This design is best done using black and brown shades, with hints of red and green inks
- Where: One can get this tattoo done on the arms and on shoulders
- Size: A medium sized image is ideal for this design
- Skin tone: Suitable for wheat and lighter skin tones.
11. Dancing Sleeve Ganesha Tattoos:
Lord Ganesha stands as a very powerful image in Hindu mythology. Placing a wonderful tattoo in order to pay respect and honor to this deity will hold special significance and also give meaning to your body art. Dancing Ganesha tattoo wills not just an element of creativity but also stand as a symbol of devotion.
- Best for: Dancing Ganesh is for both men and women who are full of energy and vigour. It represents restlessness to achieve something
- Preferable ink: This design makes use of multiple colours to achieve the desired effect
- Where: This is best done on the shoulders
- Size: A large-sized image is best for capturing the details well
- Skin tone: Suitable for wheat and lighter skin tones.
12. Black And White Ganesh Tattoo On Shoulder:
A black and white Ganesha tattoo is ensured to give your body art an outstanding look. It will symbolize power, devotion and peace and also stand as an emblem for good luck. A black and white Ganesh tattoo is not only auspicious but also very enchanting to look at. This is extremely simple tattoo, but has a rich symbolic significance.
- Best for: If you want a symbol that can bring you good luck and peace, this white and black Ganesh is just perfect. It is suitable to both men and women.
- Preferable ink: A simple black and white ink can get the desired effect
- Where: This looks perfect on Chest, shoulders and on the back
- Size: A large sized image is ideal for better visibility
- Skin tone: Suitable for medium to fair skin tones.
13. Ganesh Ji Face Tattoo Design:
Face Ganesha Tattoos are extremely popular. Only the radiant and majestic face of Lord Ganesha is tattooed. The Face Ganesh Tattoos symbolizes power, positivity and lot of strength to overcome all the obstacles in our life. The tattoo signifies and fills lives with peace, prosperity and lots of good luck.
- Best for: This Face Ganesh tattoo is a symbol of optimism and hope. So, it can be inked on both men and women
- Preferable ink: Inks of black and red color can bring in the desired effect
- Where: This is ideally done on shoulders and Chest
- Size: A medium to large sized image is ideal for better visibility
- Skin tone: Suitable for all skin tones
See More: Gemini Symbol Tattoo
14. Blue Ganesha Full Sleeve Tattoo:
One of the modern Ganesha tattoos seen today is the Blue Ganesh Tattoo. It is inked in blue color and looks spectacular on the person wearing it. This tattoo is a modern day interpretation of the God created using the best possible color combinations. The sober look on the face of Ganesha represents peace and harmony to the wearer. It also symbolises positive energy and hope.
- Best for: As it is a symbol of optimism and energy, this tattoo can be tried by both men and women.
- Preferable ink: This is a colourful tattoo done in hues of red, blue and yellow
- Where: This can be placed on the chest, shoulders and on the arms
- Size: A large sized design can capture the true beauty of this creative design
- Skin tone: Suitable for fair skin tones only
15. Bal Ganesh Tattoo Designs (Ganesha In Child Form):
Bal Ganesha tattoos depict the Lord in his childhood form. The Bal Ganesha tattoo symbolizes his childlike innocence and the pure bliss of his appearance. As Ganesha had to go through many conquests over evil from the very beginning, the childhood form tattoo gives us a glimpse into the formative years of this omnipotent deity.
- Best for: Suitable for both men and women, this Ganesh God tattoo represents Childlike innocence and craving to go back to the good old days.
- Preferable ink: This is done using plain black ink
- Where: Best placed on shoulder and arms to capture the cute image of Lord Ganesh
- Size: A large sized design alone does true justice to the image
- Skin tone: Suitable for fair skin tones only
16. Ganesh Tattoos On Wrist:
This is one of the simplest, yet stylish representations of Lord Ganesh. This wrist tattoo makes use for a few strokes to achieve the image of Ganesh. Using the patterns of Om and the Shiva Namam, this image is a fusion of multiple elements. The tattoo also illustrates the versatility of Lord Ganesh, who can be created in any form as desired.
- Best for: This simple Ganesh symbol tattoo is suitable for both men and women, as there are no gender specific details to it
- Preferable ink: This is done using black ink
- Where: It is placed on the wrist to symbolise good luck and wisdom
- Size: A small sized design works well on the wrist
- Skin tone: Suitable for medium to fair skin tones
17. Ganesh Tattoo Design On Hand:
This is one of the coolest Ganesh tattoos on hand, which makes use of fine detailing and creativity. The Ganesh head is carefully etched on the hand with all the necessary details including the crown, jewels and embellishments. The hand mudra is inked on the index finger to indicate positive inflow of energy in the body. You can also add a little pop of color to this stunning pattern.
- Best for: This is a Unisex pattern, and can be inked on people who firmly believe in the divine power of Lord Ganesh
- Preferable ink: This is done using black and brown colored inks
- Where: This Ganesha head tattoo placed on the back of the palms with the mudra etched on the index finger
- Size: A medium sized design can best fit the placement area
- Skin tone: Suitable for medium to fair skin tones
Additional Tips For Ganesh Ji Tattoo designs:
Ganesh symbol is associated with religious sentiments. Hence it is important to understand these points before proceeding with the design:
- Ganesh tattoos must always be done on the upper part of the body only
- Although some people get them inked on their feet, please remember that this is forbidden to do so, as it can hurt the feelings and sentiments of many
- Dancing Ganesha is often associated with violence and rage. You must avoid it if you are looking to maintain peace and harmony
- Ganesh can be created using numerous elements. You can be as creative as possible with the images to set yourself apart from the crowd.
More Tattoo Designs:
We hope this article has given you the best of inspiration to prepare you for your first tattoo. What are you waiting for? Lord Ganesh can now be made a part of your body with these amazing tattoo designs. Not only do they symbolise good fortune, but also give the right doses of self-confidence. These brilliant tattoos have deeper meanings and rich symbolism. So, make you understand all the details carefully before zeroing on your favourite image. May Lord Ganesha be always with you!