Lord Ganesh holds a significant position in Hinduism. The names also known him of Vinayaka, Ganapati, Ekadanta and Gajakarna. Ganesh is the most revered God of the Hindu religion, and it is customary to worship him first before starting a new enterprise, including worshipping other Gods. Born to Shiva and Parvati, worshipping Ganesh is known to remove obstacles and ward off evil. He is also known as the God of education, wisdom and good health. This article will explore the best of Lord Ganesh tattoo designs to try this season.
Ganesha Tattoo Meaning and Importance:
Followers of the Hindu religion usually ink Ganesh tattoos. Although Lord Ganesh is an Indian deity, he is pretty famous with the westerners, who worship him by getting him etched in ink on their bodies. To understand Ganesh’s elephant tattoo meaning, you can observe this body, a mix of animal and human forms, depicting the co-existence of both creatures to maintain perfect harmony. These tattoos are designed in sitting or standing positions, ready to be worshipped by his devotees. The objects around him have symbolic significance; for example, a lotus can mean a new beginning, and an axe can mean destroying evil. You can get more interpretations of Ganesh’s name tattoos in this article.
The following paragraphs have enlisted some of the best Ganesh tattoo images.
Beautiful Tattoo Designs of Lord Ganesha:
Ganesh tattoos are modern, inspiring, different yet very religious in outlook and impart a way of life in today’s
1. Simple Lord Ganesha Tattoo On Arm:
A colourful Lord Ganesha tattoo looks illustrious and vibrant. The different ornaments make it look rich and attractive. The attire adds to the beauty of the tattoo and manages to capture the identity of this deity. Lord Ganesha is also revered as the destroyer of pride, selfishness and vanity. The simple Lord Ganesh tattoo looks grand and majestic, just like the Lord himself. Life is full of difficulties and hindrances, but those who succeed do so with sheer willpower, and the Ganesha tattoo is significant. A simple Ganesh tattoo is the personification of the material universe in all its various manifestations.
- Best for: This Hindu Ganesh God tattoo is done artistically and is suitable for men with big arms. The design is kept simple while paying attention to all the details like the garland, axe and other religious marks.
- Preferable ink: Black and red coloured inks are the most preferred to cover the details
- Where: This tattoo is best when inked on the arm or the biceps
- Size: This tattoo also looks best when inked in medium size as it has a lot of detail.
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people with fair or wheatish skin tones.
2. Ganesha Tattoo Design On Back:
Some of the best Ganesh tattoo designs seen to date are the full-body ones. They cover your back from head to foot and give you a unique look. A variety of colours and patterns can also be used to complement the tattoo. In this particular tattoo, Lord Ganesha is seen with two arms. There can be many different designs for full-body Ganesha tattoos. Still, the one thing that stays constant is the reverence portrayed in the tattoos, which show Ganesha wearing a wealth of gold ornaments and jewels, symbolising both opulence and reverence.
- Best for: This is one of Ganesh’s tattoos’ most complex and challenging patterns. This is suitable only for men with larger bodies to cover all the aspects of the design
- Preferable ink: Using a grey and black background, this design includes a number of colours for detailing
- Where: It is a full-body tattoo which requires a smooth, shaved body as the canvas
- Size: This is an extra-large tattoo that requires maximum coverage
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people with fair skin tone only
See More: Best Om Tattoo Designs
3. Golden Ganesh Tattoo Designs:
Lord Ganesha has always been associated with gold, wealth and, most importantly, a sumptuous bowl of rich yellow laddoos. The fragrant garland around his neck and the different objects define his identity and image. Therefore a Ganesh Tattoo that has been carved in golden colour, along with all his distinct features, will give you an innovative look.
- Best for: This Golden Ganesh tattoo is specifically for men who are true devotees of the Lord and wish to get his images inked on their bodies
- Preferable ink: You can use hints of gold, along with brown. White and red colours
- Where: This is an extensive tattoo which can be done on areas like the Calf muscle or big biceps
- Size: This is a reasonably large-sized tattoo to ensure all the details are covered.
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people with dusky and fair skin tones
4. Small Symbolic Ganesh Tattoo:
Symbolic Ganesha tattoos are simple yet very creative in looks. These tattoos give out a strong message showing the strength and power of Lord Ganesha. The tattoo design is very minimalistic, and Ganesha is just symbolized using the outlines in black colour. This simple tattoo design can be etched anywhere on the body to symbolise wisdom and education.
- Best for: This Ganesh pattern can be made by both men and women who wish to keep it simple yet elegant
- Preferable ink: Use black coloured ink for better visibility
- Where: Symbolic tattoos can be done on any part of the body
- Size: You can choose a small to medium-sized tattoo based on the placement area
- Skin tone: This tattoo looks good on people of all skin tones
5. Tribal Ganesh Tattoo Designs:
This unique and different type of Ganesha tattoo uses tribal images, writings and designs. The tribal tattoo designs are primarily solid black. Tribal tattoos are close to modern art designs. In this Tribal Ganesha Tattoo design, the image of Ganesha is incorporatestylishlyay. These make use of Geometric patterns symbolising symmetry in life.
- Best for: Tribal tattoo patterns are suitable for both men and women, which make use of geometric patterns to form the image of Lord Ganesha
- Preferable ink: Use black coloured ink to capture the details well
- Where: Tribal Ganesh tattoo looks great on arms, biceps and even on the back
- Size: Opt for a medium and large-sized Ganesh pattern to ensure good coverage of details
- Skin Tone: Medium to fair skin tones can get this tattoo done
6. Om Ganesh Tattoo Designs:
Om is a mighty and holy word for the Hindus and is used while trying to connect with God. A Ganesh tattoo with Om written on it will bring a lot of meaning and fortune to one’s life. It is one of the best Ganesh tattoos seen so far. This Om Ganesha design is unique, combining the divine power of Om and Lord Ganesha in a tattoo. The flow of the tattoo is such that Ganesha and the symbol Om are beautifully integrated into one. The Ganesha tattoo is simple yet very elegant and unique. You can also try the Buddha Ganesha tattoo pattern, similar to this design.
- Best for: This beautiful design is suitable for both men and women. It helps in offering spiritual solace while giving them the confidence to venture into something new.
- Preferable ink: Use black and red coloured ink for detailing
- Where: This is preferably done on the arms, wrists and shoulders
- Size: A medium-sized Ganesh tattoo looks perfect
- Skin Tone: Medium, light and fair skin tones can get this tattoo done
7. Abstract Ganesha Tattoo:
Abstract Ganesh Tattoos are trendy as they are small and unique in design. These can be tattooed on any part of the body, such as on the wrist, neck, fingers, forearm etc. The tattoos are outlined to represent Ganesha, as in the face with a trunk or just a trunk with eyes, etc. The tattoo symbolizes the Lord in his form to give inner strength.
- Best for: Abstract Ganesh tattoo designs are perfect for both men and women who have a modern way of life but choose to stay connected to their roots.
- Preferable ink: Black is the best colour for this design
- Where: You can get this done on the arms, wrist and even on the back of the neck
- Size: Choose a small to medium-sized design based on the placement location
- Skin tone: This design is black and suitable for most skin tones.
See More: Mahadev Tattoos on Neck
8. Ganesh Sitting On A Lotus Tattoo Design:
Lord Ganesha is known to sit on a lotus. It seems to be his grand chariot. A tattoo of Lord Ganesha sitting peacefully on his lotus with his hands extended in two opposite directions, one holding a lotus and the other an axe, will look spectacular and highly creative. This tattoo is exceptionally colourful and quite artistic. It needs a high level of skill and expertise to get such output on the body.
- Best for: This is suitable for both genders who love to add an artistic element to their bodies. The extreme level of detail shows their zeal to achieve perfection.
- Preferable ink: This design makes use of multiple colours for the best output
- Where: This design is suitable on the back and shoulders
- Size: Only a large-sized image can do justice to this beautiful design
- Skin tone: As it uses multiple colours, fair skin tones can carry it well
9. Leaf Ganesha Tattoo On Leg:
The leaf Ganesha tattoo looks very different as compared to other Ganesh tattoos. It portrays the picture of this deity in the form of green leaves, with his eyes and eyebrows drawn in a very artistic manner. They are ideal, exotic and an exquisite way to describe his beauty. Lead Ganesh symbolises nature and how He is present in every single element.
- Best for: This unisex tattoo suits all environment lovers who believe in “Going Green”.
- Preferable ink: Opt for shades of Green to get the desired effect
- Where: This design is suitable for shoulders and arms
- Size: A medium-sized image works well to capture the beauty of this design
- Skin Tone: Suitable for lighter skin tones.
See More: Leo Zodiac Sign Tattoos
10. Musical Ganesha Tattoo Designs:
The musical Ganesha Tattoo symbolizes Lord Ganesha enjoying music. In this design, Lord Ganesha is seen enjoying playing the flute, a wind instrument, with closed eyes stating the immense joy they received while listening to soulful music. The tattoo also gets once close to music and its importance in today’s life.
- Best for: This Musical Ganesh tattoo suits both genders who love music. The design symbolises peace and harmony in life.
- Preferable ink: This design is best done using black and brown shades, with hints of red and green inks
- Where: One can get this tattoo done on the arms and shoulders
- Size: A medium-sized image is ideal for this design
- Skin Tone: Suitable for wheat and lighter skin tones.
11. Dancing Sleeve Ganesha Tattoos:
Lord Ganesha stands as a compelling image in Hindu mythology. Placing an incredible tattoo to pay respect and honour to this deity will hold special significance and give meaning to your body art. The Dancing Ganesha tattoo will be an element of creativity and a symbol of devotion.
- Best for Dancing Ganesh is full of energy and vigour for both men and women. It represents restlessness in achieving something.
- Preferable ink: This design makes use of multiple colours to achieve the desired effect
- Where: This is best done on the shoulders
- Size: A large-sized image is best for capturing the details well
- Skin Tone: Suitable for wheat and lighter skin tones.
12. Black And White Ganesh Tattoo On Shoulder:
A black and white Ganesha tattoo is ensured to give your body art a unique look. It will symbolize power, devotion and peace and also stand as an emblem of good luck. A black and white Ganesh tattoo is not only promising but also very enchanting to look at. This is a short tattoo but has a rich symbolic significance.
- Best for: This white and black Ganesh is perfect if you want a symbol that can bring you good luck and peace. It is suitable for both men and women.
- Preferable ink: A simple black and white ink can get the desired effect
- Where: This looks perfect on Chest, shoulders and the back
- Size: A large-sized image is ideal for better visibility
- Skin Tone: Suitable for medium to fair skin tones.
13. Ganesh Ji Face Tattoo Design:
Face Ganesha Tattoos are extremely popular. Only the radiant and majestic face of Lord Ganesha is tattooed. The Face Ganesh Tattoos symbolize power, positivity and a lot of strength to overcome all the obstacles in our life. The tattoo signifies and fills lives with peace, prosperity, and good luck.
- Best for: This Face Ganesh tattoo symbolises optimism and hope. So, it can be inked on both men and women
- Preferable ink: Inks of black and red colour can bring in the desired effect
- Where: This is ideally done on the shoulders and Chest
- Size: A medium to large-sized image is ideal for better visibility
- Skin Tone: Suitable for all skin tones
See More: Gemini Symbol Tattoo
14. Blue Ganesha Full Sleeve Tattoo:
One of the modern Ganesha tattoos seen today is the Blue Ganesh Tattoo. It is inked in blue and looks spectacular on the person wearing it. This tattoo is a modern-day interpretation of God-created using the best possible colour combinations. The sober look on the face of Ganesha represents peace and harmony to the wearer. It also symbolises positive energy and hope.
- Best for: As it symbolises optimism and energy, this tattoo can be tried by both men and women.
- Preferable ink: This is a colourful tattoo done in hues of red, blue and yellow
- Where: This can be placed on the chest, shoulders and the arms
- Size: A large-sized design can capture the true beauty of this creative design
- Skin Tone: Suitable for fair skin tones only
15. Bal Ganesh Tattoo Designs (Ganesha In Child Form):
Bal Ganesha’s tattoos depict the Lord in his childhood form. The Bal Ganesha tattoo symbolizes his childlike innocence and the pure bliss of his appearance. As Ganesha had to go through many conquests over evil from the beginning, the childhood form tattoo gives us a glimpse into the formative years of this omnipotent deity.
- Best for: Suitable for both men and women, this Ganesh God tattoo represents Childlike innocence and a craving to return to the good old days.
- Preferable ink: This is done using plain black ink
- Where: Best placed on shoulder and arms to capture the cute image of Lord Ganesh
- Size: A large-sized design alone does true justice to the image
- Skin Tone: Suitable for fair skin tones only
16. Ganesh Tattoos On Wrist:
This is one of the most straightforward yet stylish representations of Lord Ganesh. This wrist tattoo uses a few strokes to achieve the image of Ganesh. Using the patterns of Om and the Shiva Namam, this image is a fusion of multiple elements. The tattoo also illustrates the versatility of Lord Ganesh, who can be created in any form as desired.
- Best for: This simple Ganesh symbol tattoo is suitable for both men and women, as there are no gender-specific details to it
- Preferable ink: This is done using black ink
- Where: It is placed on the wrist to symbolise good luck and wisdom
- Size: A small-sized design works well on the wrist
- Skin Tone: Suitable for medium to fair skin tones
17. Ganesh Tattoo Design On Hand:
This is one of the most fantastic Ganesh tattoos, using fine detailing and creativity. Ganesh’s head is carefully etched on the hand with all the necessary details, including the crown, jewels and embellishments. The hand mudra is inked on the index finger to indicate a positive body energy inflow. You can also add a little pop of colour to this stunning pattern.
- Best for: This is a Unisex pattern and can be inked on people who firmly believe in the divine power of Lord Ganesh.
- Preferable ink: This is done using black and brown coloured inks
- Where: This Ganesha head tattoo is placed on the back of the palms with the mudra etched on the index finger
- Size: A medium-sized design can best fit the placement area
- Skin Tone: Suitable for medium to fair skin tones
#Tips for Ganesh Ji Tattoo Designs:
Ganesh’s symbol is associated with religious sentiments. Hence it is essential to understand these points before proceeding with the design:
- Ganesh tattoos must always be done on the upper part of the body only
- Although some people get them inked on their feet, please remember that this is forbidden to do so, as it can hurt the feelings and sentiments of many.
- Dancing Ganesha is often associated with violence and rage. You must avoid it if you are looking to maintain peace and harmony.
- Ganesh can be created using numerous elements. You can be creative with the images to differentiate yourself from the crowd.
More Ganesh Tattoo Designs:
We hope this article has given you the best inspiration to prepare you for your first tattoo. What are you waiting for? Lord Ganesh can now be part of your body with these unique tattoo designs. Not only do they symbolise good fortune, but they also give the correct doses of self-confidence. These brilliant tattoos have deeper meanings and rich symbolism. So, make you understand all the details carefully before zeroing in on your favourite image. May Lord Ganesha always be with you!
3 comments on "15+ Best Lord Ganesh Tattoo Designs For Men and Women!"
These are very intricate and beautiful. Personally I would like Genesha. Thanks blogger. You never ever fail to amaze me.
He is my favourite god Nice and Beautiful collection of tattoos i like them all
Very beautiful and quite rangoli designs, I must say. Thanks a lot for sharing these wonderful ganesha rangoli designs.
Comments are closed.