Drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices is known to have wonderful benefits on the body. To make super fresh juices loaded with nutrients, one must invest in a good juicer. Juicers grind and squeeze the pulp out of fruits and veggies to extract the juicy goodness that nourishes our bodies. Additionally, they come in handy to make your weight loss or protein smoothies, making your post-workout drinks all the more nutritious and delicious.
If you are thinking of buying the best juicer for your kitchen, then this article is a must-read! We have put in all the essential information like types of juicers, buying guide for juicers and a list of the 20 latest and best juicers in India.
Different Types of Juicers:
There are 3 major types of juicers available in the market, which vary in terms of the extraction process, the time taken for extraction, quality of juice and nutrient retention.
- Centrifugal Juicers: These are the most popular types of juicers which use a fast-rotating blade and a mesh filter. The blade cuts through the pulp, while the centrifugal force separates the juice and filters it through the mesh. The juice and the pulp are then sent to different containers making cleaning easier.
- Masticating Juicers: The literal meaning of masticating is to ‘chew’. Masticating juicers, which are also called slow-press or cold-press juicers, have a screw that crushes a fruit or veggie and ‘chews’ it. The process is quite slow, but the yield is better than traditional juicers. Even the nutrient retention is higher in these juices due to slow and low-heat extraction.
- Triturating Juicers: Also called twin-gear juicers, Triturating juicers have two gears which are placed close to each other. They crush the food particles to extract the juice and give out the extremely dry pulp. The yield is super high and but cleaning can be a messy affair.
The above-mentioned varieties are electric juicers which need a power connection to run.
- Manual juicers: These are also available in the market and do not need any electricity or fuel to work. They are small, portable juicers that either has a rotating crank (the sharp cone present in citrus juicers) or the press type of juicers which can crush fruits. Manual juicer machines are mainly for citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and sweet limes. They are not very efficient in juicing other foods.
How to Choose the Best Juicer in India?
Here is a mini-guide which throws light on some of the important things to consider before buying a juicer:
1. Types of Juices You make:
The first question you need to answer is – what type of juices do you make on a regular basis? If you plan to juice hard roots, vegetables and fruits, then go for a centrifugal juicer. For leafy greens and nut milk, masticating and triturating juicers are the best options. Also, the wastage is less in masticating and triturating juicers, which can save you money from buying excess produce.
2. Speed Levels and Noise:
If you are planning to include fresh juice in your breakfast on a busy working day, consider a centrifugal juicer. This type of juicer can quickly extract juice in minutes, saving you a lot of time. Masticating and Triturating juicers are slow, but some come with different speed levels to juice hard veggies and fruits.
Noise levels are also an important aspect to consider in a juicer. Centrifugal juicers are quite noisy while masticating and triturating juicers have low noise.
3. Juice Yield and Quality:
People who are on juice diets or making juices for more people must focus on the overall yield of the juicer. Centrifugal juices offer moderate to high yields, with the pulp still wetter after the juicing process. Masticating and Triturating juicers produce very high yields by crushing the pulp until it gets really dry.
The quality of juice is also better in masticating and triturating juicers as the juice separates slowly and there is less foaminess. Centrifugal juicers produce more foam as the juice separates more quickly and is of moderate quality.
Centrifugal juicers take around 5-7 minutes to clean and are ideal for beginners and casual juicers. Masticating juicers also take similar cleaning times, while triturating juicers take around 6-10 minutes for cleaning. Both these models are ideal for passionate juicers and juice bars, where the high cleaning time justifies the higher output.
Juicer Machines come in a wide range of prices to cater to every requirement. Centrifugal juicers are economical and the price bracket falls within Rs. 2000-6000 range. Masticating and Triturating juicers are expensive, with a start price of 5000 and can go up to 30,000 and more, depending on the brand and features.
What are the Major Benefits of Juicers?
Having a good juicer at home gives you a chance to enjoy freshly squeezed juices at any time of the day. Drinking freshly made juices (in recommended quantities) can have wonderful benefits on the body, such as:
- Increased immunity
- Better digestion
- Weight loss (with pulp-laden juices)
- Body Detox
- Glowing skin and improved complexion
- Blood purification
- Increased energy levels
- Reduced blood pressure levels
- Juicer machines can also help you make vegan milk from foods like almonds, cashews, oats, soya, coconut etc. which are considered healthier than dairy-based milk.
- You can make fresh and delicious sorbets, smoothies and slushes from natural foods free of preservatives to satisfy your sugar cravings.
Latest & Best Juicers in India 2022:
Let us now explore the top 10 best juicers in India with complete information about their features, pros & cons, reviews and ratings:
1. Prestige PCJ 7.0 500-Watt Centrifugal Juicer:
The Prestige Centrifugal juicer makes juicing a simpler process for you. The powerful 500-watt motor offers the best performance to extract juices from different types of fruits and veggies. The super sharp blades can slice any food with ease while the advanced design sieve and anti-drip feature offer the best juicing experience. The jar is ergonomically designed for better comfort and ease of use.
- Brand: Prestige
- Material: ABS and Stainless Steel
- Colour: Silver
- Dimensions: 35 x 31 x 24 Centimeters
- Weight: 2.7 Kgs
- Best Centrifugal Juicer under 5000 INR Range.
- Sleek and Compact design.
- Anti-skid feet for better comfort.
- 500 Watts motor for heavy-duty performance.
- Detachable pulp collector for easy cleaning.
- Has dual locking technology.
- Two-speed levels for better control.
- Vibrates a lot
2. Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer (Black/Silver), 800 W:
The Phillips Viva Juicer is the best centrifugal juicer in India that promises to squeeze every drop of juice from foods. It comes with a 700 W motor that delivers superior performance for the best juicing experience. The highlights are the upside-down sieve technology that extracts maximum juice and the quick clean technology that makes cleaning as easy as drinking your delicious juice.
- Brand: Phillips
- Material: Aluminium
- Colour: Black
- Dimensions: 25.9 x 25.9 x 49.8 Centimeters
- Weight: 4.22 Kgs
- You can juice about 2L capacity in one go.
- The motor is powerful for superior performance.
- The feeding tube has a wide XL shape.
- Cleaning takes just 1-2 minutes.
- The sieve is smooth and doesn’t cut skin.
- Provides high yield.
- Expensive (falls in the 8K segment).
- Noisy when juicing hard foods like root vegetables.
3. Sujata Powermatic Juicer, 900 Watts, Without Jar, (White):
Sujata Powermatic juicer is a best-seller centrifugal juicer for its affordable pricing and unbeatable performance. It comes with a powerful 900 Watt motor that efficiently runs to crush all your fruits and veggies. The honeycomb filter mesh offers higher juice yields and there is a separate seed collector inside. The machine comes with a 90 mins continuous running time that lets you make all your juices in one go.
- Brand: Sujata
- Material: Plastic
- Colour: White
- Dimensions: 37 x 36 x 23 Centimeters
- Weight: 5 Kgs
- Works well for carrots, beets and cucumbers along with soft foods.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- Sharp, high-quality stainless steel blade for better performance.
- Delivers high yields with almost zero pulp residues.
- Has multiple speed levels.
- A true value for money.
- The collecting jar is not included in the package.
See More: Latest Water Geysers
4. Rico Electric Juicer for All Fruits and Vegetables with Japanese Technology:
Here is a best-selling centrifugal juicer that instantly squeezes fresh juice from different types of foods. The 350 W powerful motor ensures superior performance and the 2-speed adjustable speed to cater to different types of soft and hard foods. The juicer comes with a 400 ml collecting jar that is easy to pour and serve. There is a stainless steel sieve that filters out the solid particles to give you clean and pure juice.
- Brand: Rico
- Material: ABS
- Colour: White
- Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 12 Centimeters
- Weight: 2.7 Kgs
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Affordable juicer option.
- Works well for hard veggies like carrots.
- Two-speed settings for better control.
- Separates seeds in citrus fruits to avoid bitterness.
- Extracts juice very quickly.
- No major cons
5. Kuvings B1700 Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer:
Kuvings is a great juicer brand in India renowned for its best masticating or cold-press juicers. Here is a best-selling model that comes with a patented JMCS technology to guarantee maximum yields. The juicer also retains more nutrients and the natural taste of the juice to maximise the health benefits. The 240 W motor operates with low noise levels and the special green cleaning tool simplifies the cleaning process. You can also use this appliance to make smoothies, sorbets, green juices, nut milk and more.
- Brand: Kuvings
- Material: Plastic
- Colour: Dark Silver
- Dimensions: 44.5 x 28 x 36 cm
- Weight: 9.61 Kgs
- A versatile juicer that can work for sorbets, smoothies etc.
- Has a wide mouth. So, you can throw whole foods instead of chopping them.
- Excellent after-sales support and service.
- Comes with a tool for easy cleaning.
- Delivers 10% more yield than regular juices.
- Doesn’t alter the colour or taste of the juice.
6. Havells Nutri Art Slow Juicer 200 W:
Havells Nutri Art Slow Juicer is an excellent addition to your kitchen for its stellar looks and impressive performance. The elegant cold-press juicer has a wide feeding chute to extract maximum juice out of whole foods without having to chop them. The best part is its pulp controller that lets you control the amount of pulp/fibre in the juice. It even works well for extracting green juices out of foods like wheatgrass, which normal juicer machines fail to extract.
- Brand: Havells
- Material: ABS
- Colour: Golden Black
- Dimensions: 28 x 35 x 48 Centimeters
- Weight: 6.15 Kgs
- Easy to assemble and operate.
- Works well for all types of foods.
- Giver higher and better quality juice yield.
- Comes with a cleaning brush and pulp collector.
- The mouth is extra wide to feed whole fruits.
- Stylish design to suit modern kitchens.
- Ceramic augur is delicate and is prone to breakages.
See More: Top Kitchen Chimneys
7. Hestia Appliances Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer, 240 Watts Powerful Motor:
The Hestia cold press juicer delivers nutrient-rich juices to keep you healthy always. The best masticating juicer offers maximum nutrition retention with its zero oxidation system. All the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are preserved by preventing air bubble formation. The patented augur ensures higher and denser yields and the wide mouth lets you put in different types of foods without the need to chop them.
- Brand: Hestia
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Colour: Wine Red
- Dimensions: 46.29 x 36.79 x 33.6 cm
- Weight: 8.84 Kilograms
- Vibrant colour and ergonomic design.
- Offers denser juice with more nutrition.
- Easy to clean equipment.
- Low noise operation for better comfort.
- Comes with 10 years warranty.
- Oxidation is minimal for better nutrient retention.
- Gives bone-dry pulp that saves a lot of produce.
- No major cons
8. Borosil Health Pro Cold Press Slow Juicer, Portable Slow Juicer, Compact Design, For Fresh Fruits & Vegetables, 200 W:
Here is the best cold-press juicer under 10,000 from Borosil which can cater to all your juicing needs. The slow juicing technology retains the maximum nutrition and flavour of the juice. The 8mm wide mouth can take in different types of foods including whole fruits. There is also overheat and overload protection with a buzzer alarm and with a safety lock device. The spinner brush in the appliance continuously mixes different types of fruits to deliver the most nutritious, delicious juice you ever had.
- Brand: Borosil
- Material: Plastic
- Colour: Black
- Dimensions: 42.6 x 20.5 x 30.3 cm
- Weight: 3.76 Kilograms
- Sleek and compact design.
- Affordable pricing.
- Comes with an on and reverse button for better pulp extraction.
- Works well for juicing whole fruits and veggies.
- Prevents overheating.
- Has overload protection with buzzer alarm.
- Anti-skid feet for better stability.
- Cleaning can be a difficult process.
9. Hurom HP Series Cold Press Slow Juicer with Juice & Smoothie Strainers:
Hurom HP series is known to be one of the best cold press juicers in India with the lowest rotation of 43 rpm. The body is made of superior quality material, while the augur is made of Ultem for better performance and durability. The appliance comes with different types of strainers which allow you to control the amount of pulp or fibre in your juice. It works well for all types of extractions like nut milk, green juices, fruits and vegetables.
- Brand: Hurom
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Colour: White
- Dimensions: 42.6 x 20.5 x 30.3 cm
- Weight: 3.76 Kilograms
- Slowest rotation for better quality juice.
- Two types of strainers for fine and coarse juice.
- The motor doesn’t consume extra energy.
- Comes with a small and large cleaning brush.
- Relatively low noise levels.
- Double-edged auger for better efficiency.
- Good quality Korean product.
- Small inlet, so food should be cut into small pieces.
10. AGARO Imperial 240-Watt Slow Juicer with Cold Press Technology (Grey/Black):
If you crave freshly made dense and nutritious juice every day, then try the AGARO Imperial slow-pressed juicer. The 240 Watt juicer has a 3-inch wide feeder chute to feed small to medium-sized foods. There is sturdy filter support that holds the filter properly for better straining. There are two separate slots for pulp and juice for better cleaning. This best masticating juicer below Rs. 15000 ensures minimal oxidation and 30% more juice yield than traditional juicer machines.
- Brand: AGARO
- Material: ABS
- Colour: Grey/Black
- Dimensions: 32.2 x 32.2 x 42.2 Centimeters
- Weight: 8.5 Kilograms
- Good quality material that is BPA-free.
- Provides dense juices, smoothies and sorbets.
- Reverse button for maximum extraction.
- Cleaning is easy.
- Gives very dry pulp.
- Assembling is also very simple.
- Reasonable pricing in the segment.
- Large foods may need prior chopping.
See More: Best Washing Machines
Those are the 10 new and best Juicers in India which have earned excellent reviews from many customers. We have tried our best to cover all the top brands selling in India to expand your range of choice. Do check out these models and pick one that best suits your juicing needs.
Top and Best Juicer Machines in the World:
With the numerous types and models of electric juicers, these are perfect for your regular usage. Here we are covering the best electric juicers in the world. Check these out!
1. Breville Juice Fountain Plus Centrifugal Juicer:
The Breville juicers are among the top and most good-selling products in the market today. So, if you are looking for premium range juicers, there is nothing better than these. We have this incredibly durable and high-quality electric juicer appliance in the centrifugal model. It has 850 watts speed motor, and the juicer is smooth and quick given the micro-mesh filter. Although the juicer takes up quite some space, its efficiency is not to compare, given the premium look, ergonomic design, ease to assemble and disassemble for cleaning and more.
- 13.2 x 16.5 x 18.2 inches; 9.9 pounds.
- Speed control modes; LED display to show motor fault; cutting disc feature to extract better juice.
2. Mueller Ultra Power Juicer:
The Mulller’s extra power electric centrifugal juicer machine is perfect for your smoothies and health drinks. This juicer can work through efficiently from greens to hard vegetables like carrots and more. It has two-speed options to work through hard fruits and vegetables and soft ones and lets you have the maximum juice out of it. It runs on 1100 watts and is durable.
- 16.6 x 9.5 x 13.5 inches; 2.2 pounds.
- Automatic on and off feature.
3. Omega J8006HDS Dual-Stage Masticating Juicer:
This electric juicer is good for those who want high-end products. The masticating juicer from Omega works only at 80 RPM, which helps extract maximum nutrients from the machine and not let go of nutrients and antioxidants. The electric juice machine has five settings for extraction and can mix up all the hard and tough ingredients you need, such as coffee beans, milk, wheatgrass, sugarcane and more.
- 14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 of inches ; 13 pounds.
- Five extraction settings; Slow juicer and extracts without leaving out healthy nutrients.
4. Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer:
The Kuvings whole slow juicer is specifically designed for your entire fruit droppings in a juicer. This slow juicer works on excellent masticating technology that aids in extracting maximum minerals and vitamins from the ingredients. You can drop any hard ingredient to crush it smoothly under the 240-watt motor. It is powerful yet quiet and also has a great ergonomic design. The juicer is versatile and helps for both herbs, fruits, vegetables and more. However, the reviews mention that this electric juicer is good for fruits like orange, pomegranate, mosambi or even wheatgrass and citrus.
- 8 x 9.5 x 19 inches; 24.9 pounds.
- Slow masticating technology.
5. Hurom H-AA Slow Juicer:
If you have heard of the health benefits of slow extraction and juicer technology, you will go for it! The slow juicers primarily intend to work through all the ingredients with maximum juice without letting go of the complex nutrients built within. In addition, they make sure to retain all beneficial nutrients in the drinks. We have this Hurom slow juicer, among the good sellers in the market. The juicer lets you select between strainers (fine or coarse) and, in turn, gives you the option of how much you want to extract. It is quiet yet efficient, exceptionally long-lasting too. It can work through 500 ml and has 150 watts. This is among the good mini or small-sized portable electric juicer machines on the market today.
- 7.1 x 8.8 x 16 inches; 10.6 pounds.
- Options for extraction – slow or fine.
6. Shine Cold Press Slow Vertical Juicer:
Have you ever come across vertical juicers? If not, this is an excellent choice to check out. The cold press vertical juicer comes from a good selling brand that works hard to have you the slow 40 rpm machine with stainless steel juice container. It works efficiently on both fruits and vegetables and gives you good healthy smoothies even from the hardest veggies such as beetroots, celery, apple, etc. The machine is very easy to clean and lets you have good smoothies, extracting maximum content. It works on a 200W motor and is long-lasting too. It even comes with a three-year manufacturing warranty. Isn’t it cool?
- 5.5 x 5.25 x 19.5 inches; 9.31 pounds.
- Vertical juicer design.
7. Greenstar Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer:
We have yet another masticating juicer, this time from the Greenstar model. This juicer has a unique three-step masticating process that breaks down the ingredients into smooth juicing without retaining any nutrients. It has sharp steel gears that work wonders right through processing. The Greenstar juicer has a 110 RPM motor that works slow. The juicer also comes with options to adjust the pressure. It is versatile and can help you make wonderful recipes.
- 18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 inches; 17.2 pounds.
- Three-step masticating process.
8. Hamilton Beach Big Mouth 2 Speed Juice Extractor:
The Hamilton Beach’s big mouth juicer is yet another top pick of the season. Yet what is special about the product is it is incredibly affordable. The juicer comes with an easy-to-assemble and operates mechanism yet helps you get smooth, fresh, pulp-free juice. In addition, the big mouth chute in the juicer helps you to quicken the time and lets you keep the entire food without much cutting. It also has a powerful 850-watt motor.
- 9 x 15.5 x 15 inches; 9.3 pounds.
- Bigmouth chute for quick extracting of whole foods.
9. Nutribullet Slow Juicer:
The Nutribullet’s slow juicer is an excellent bargain to check out, even for beginners. The low-speed juicer spins only at around 65 RPM and smoothly crushes out the ingredients and whole foods. The large-inch chute lets you do the process quickly without pre-cutting the foods into tiny pieces before dropping them in. the juicer has a good design and comes with an ultra-compact size, sleek look. It works on a 150W motor base. There is also a separate pulp container for catching the left-out pulp, which lets you have an easy cleaning mechanism.
- 7 x 6.25 x 17 inches; 11 pounds.
- Has an extra pulp container.
10. Pure Two Stage Masticating Juicer:
This is one of the very high-end appliances we are keeping right through, especially for those looking for speciality juicers. The Pure two-stage juicer is ideal for very hard vegetables, letting you have the most from the whole foods. It works in a two-step process. First, ingredients are grounded by stainless steel auger and later pass through a filter to extract even more juice. It gives your family good healthy drinks and smoothies by exerting 5400 lbs of force for extracting every bit of juice. It has a minimalist design yet works to the maximum capacity. However, the juicer is a bit heavier than others, given the two-step process.
- 15.0 x 12.75 x 16.5 inches; 68 pounds.
- Two-step process.
These are the top and best electric juicers in the world. Depending on your preference of daily needs and requirements, you can get hold of any of the above for a good experience.
The ratings and reviews are based on the user ratings and comments on Amazon.in, based on individual user experiences. Stylesatlife takes no responsibility for determining the actual ratings based purely on the product’s quality or performance.
1. Can I put whole fruits and vegetables in Juicers?
Most juicers have wide chutes that allow the feeding of whole fruits and veggies. However, it is better to start with roughly chopped foods to understand the width of your chute. Gradually, you can add bigger pieces or whole foods if you feel confident.
2. Are Juicers dish-washer friendly?
You must check the instruction manual to understand whether your juicer is suitable for a dishwasher or not. Most juicers contain small parts which may get damaged in a dishwasher. You can start with putting bigger parts like containers, pre-cleaned sieves, pushers etc. into the machine.
3. How long can I store Juice?
Juice made from centrifugal juicers tends to get oxidized quickly and hence must be consumed within 3-4 hours. Cold-pressed juicers can stay a little longer not exceeding 24 hours in a refrigerator.