The right lipstick can make or break your look completely and the right color can definitely make you look all feminine and glamorous but figuring out the right color is a task in itself. Even after you manage to do that, problems like feathering, bleeding and fading just don’t let you flaunt those luscious lips. I am quite sure all of you have faced one of these issues at some point of time but you don’t need to worry about them anymore because today I am going to share some very simple tricks to get rid of these issues and get those glamorous lips.Here are the 9 Best lipstick tips for you.
1. Finding the right color of lipstick is one of the most common problems most us have to face. At least when it comes to pinks, to find the shade that will suit you the most, all you need to do is smile. The perfect shade of pink for you is about the same color as your gums.
See More: How To Apply Pink Lipstick
2. With winters just round the corner, I am sure everyone is excited to try some deep plums and cherry reds but keep in mind that deep dark reds can make thin lips look thinner. So, if you have skinny lips, instead of going for a berry-based red, opt for a bright orange-red as they create an illusion of fuller lips.
3. To ensure that pigmentation of lips does not come in the way the true color of the lipstick to show on your lips, just prime the lips with a little bit of foundation or concealer before you apply the lipstick.
4. Touch-ups are a pain especially when you are a busy lady. To ensure that your lipstick doesn’t fades the whole day follow these three simple steps:
- Use a tissue to blot your lips after you apply the first coat of lipstick
- Then before applying another layer, take a fan brush and apply a small amount of translucent powder to your lips.
- Follow this with another layer of lipstick and blot and powder again after which you can apply the final swipe of that gorgeous color.
See More: How To Use Lipstain
5. Creamy and glossy lipsticks have a tendency to bleed but to counter that you simply need a lip liner. Roll the tip of the lip pencil in the palm of your hand to warm it and outline your lips with soft lines to give them a little definition. Make your lips look a fuller by lining a little outside your natural lip line. You can also fill your entire lip with lip liner as this will give your lipstick something to adhere to and ensure that the lipstick doesn’t bleed or budge the whole day.
6. Working with lip pencils, lipsticks and lip glosses might prove to be a difficult task for beginners. To ensure that you get neat lines and complete coverage while lining your lips, relax them. For applying lipsticks or lip glosses, open your mouth slightly and say ‘oh’ as that helps you to reach the entire lip surface.
7. Not all of us are born with the likes of Angelina Jolie’s perfect pout, but create a simple ombre effect can help you cheat your way to it. Apply a lighter shade of lipstick on the centre of the lips lip and a darker shade on the outside. This trick makes your lips look thicker than they actually are.
See More: How To Take Care Of Lips At Home
8. When you are wearing a very bold lip color, it becomes essential that they stay off teeth. Take your index finger and pop it in the centre of your mouth like a lollipop so that the lips surround it in an “O” shape and the drag your finger out. Repeat this for the sides as well. It might feel silly to do this but any excess lip color on the inside of your lips will come off on your finger.
9. To avoid feathering, take a q-tip and dip it into loose, translucent powder and apply it just outside the perimeter of your lips before and after applying lip colour.
So the next time you pick out your favourite lipstick make sure you have these tips in mind to make the best out of it.