Somethings we are born with and somethings we can acquire by making some effort. The type of skin is something we cannot change; it is especially tricky to find makeup products for oily skin. We all have the right to look beautiful, and we present you with a list of products that help reduce the sebum production making your skin look less oily, and they also enhance your beauty. This article discusses the top cosmetics and how to use them.
Here are the ten makeup products from the top brands for oily skin. Check out and do not miss out!
Best Makeup Products For Oily Skin with Pros & Cons:
1. Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream:
This natural BB cream from Garnier is a daily use product that helps you avoid the step of foundation if you are not interested. It has brightening minerals, vitamin C, and almond extracts that give your skin multiple benefits and a healthy glow in a single product. This cream also protects your skin from harmful sunrays as it has SPF 24 and UVA/UVB filters. This is a cream that keeps your skin hydrated for a long time that is suitable for all skin types.
Key Ingredients: Almond extracts, Vitamin C, Brightening minerals, SPF 24.
- Affordable and readily available.
- Gives you an even-toned skin.
- It works effectively for a long time.
- Simple to use.
- There are no varieties of shades available.
2. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer:
This product by Plum has all-natural ingredients that are best suited for oily to combination skin types. This product repairs your skin from inside that nourishes your skin, which moisturizes especially oily skin giving your skin a bright appearance. Green tea extracts have antioxidants in abundance that prevent acne, and the Glycolic acid doesn’t let acne to reappear by removing dead skin cells from your surface.
Key Ingredients: Camellia leaf, Green tea extracts, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycolic acid, Glycerin, Fragrance.
- Paraben & Phthalate free.
- It makes your skin look light and gives radiance.
- It moisturizes your skin.
- It might not be suitable for sensitive skin.
3. Color Bar New Perfect Match Primer:
It is a perfect primer by Colorbar that helps smooth your skin surface before you apply makeup. It has ingredients like vitamin E that gives an inflow of antioxidants to your skin, moisturizing it. It is an oil-free product suitable for all skin types with a beautiful fragrance. It also can reduce fine lines and redness from your skin, giving it a texture so smooth, making your surface a perfect canvas for makeup application.
Key Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Vitamin E, Isododecane, Propylparaben, Silicones, Neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, Tocopheryl acetate, Dimethicone crosspolymer.
- Makes your makeup last longer.
- It gives your skin a smooth appearance.
- Readily available and affordable.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
- It doesn’t affect large pores much.
- It contains parabens.
4. Lakme 9 to 5 Natural Finishing Powder:
This is a natural finishing powder by Lakme is one of the essentials in your makeup kit, especially if you have oily skin. It has natural ingredients like aloe vera and green tea extracts that help give you a matte finish giving you an oil-free look. It works as an upper layer cover on a regular makeup, or you can even apply it directly to use it on the face giving you a natural look. Removing impurities and dirt from the skin is another advantage by using this powder daily.
Key Ingredients: Aloe vera extracts, Talc, Green tea extracts.
- Affordable and readily available.
- It gives you a smooth finish.
- It gives you a matte finish to your face.
- The packaging is travel friendly.
- This product has limited shades.
- The application frequently is necessary.
5. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation:
This is a perfect foundation for people with oily skin by L’Oreal. It gives your skin the matte finish by absorbing all the excess oil from the surface and works perfectly for the variations that happen in the Indian climate. This foundation locks out the air from your skin, providing all-day comfort. It also gives you an all-matte look as the micro-sponge technology absorbs all the excess oil.
Key Ingredients: Water, Aluminium hydroxide, Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Isododecane, magnesium gluconate, Butylene glycol, Perlite, Isohexadecane, Calcium gluconate, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium sulfate, Disteardimonium hectorite, Disodium stearoyl glutamate, Acrylates copolymer.
- It gives you a matte look for 24 hours.
- It is waterproof.
- It absorbs all the excess oil.
- It blends into your skin quickly.
- It might make your skin look cakey.
6. Lotus Herbals White Glow Compact Rich Ivory C1:
This is a compact powder from Lotus herbals that works perfectly for oily skin. This product has an infusion of herbal extracts that help you in giving your skin a matt look, making it look beautiful and radiant. The green tea extracts have antioxidants that help fight free radicals and help fight inflammation by removing blemishes. Corn starch absorbs excess oil, removes dirt and impurities. Last but not least, it contains SPF 25 that helps fight harmful sun rays.
Key Ingredients: Green tea extracts, Corn starch, SPF 25.
- It is chemical-free.
- It covers up some flaws.
- It blends into your skin quickly.
- It keeps dirt away from your skin.
- There is no detailed ingredient list on the product.
7. REVLON Colorstay Make-Up:
This is an oil-free makeup product from Revlon that gives you 24 hours lasting shine. It is suitable for all skin types, especially oily skin. SPF 15 in this product helps you protect your skin from harmful rays, dirt, and impurities. This colorstay foundation covers up all the skin imperfections giving you a radiant shine that lasts a long time. It doesn’t form patches and enters your skin smoothly.
Key Ingredients: Titanium dioxide, SPF 15.
- It is oil-free.
- It gives you shine that lasts 24 hours.
- Radiant shine is a bonus.
- You need to spread it on your skin as fast as possible as it drys out quickly.
8. M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:
If you have oily skin and are looking for full coverage, then this one-step powder and foundation by M.A.C studio is the one for you. It gives your skin a velvety texture that doesn’t block your pores, allowing your skin to breathe. It is suitable for people of all skin types, especially oily skin. It makes your surface a long-lasting matte look controlling the oil production and gives you extra shine.
Key Ingredients: Methicone, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Hexylene glycol, Isostearyl Palmitate, Caprylyl glycol.
- It doesn’t dry out your skin.
- It gives your skin a pure colour.
- It minimizes the appearance of the pores.
- Controls oil production and gives shine.
- It may increase acne for some people.
9. Nyx Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Liquid Foundation:
This is a liquid drop makeup product by Nyx that gives you total coverage and for a longer time. You can get the desired result just by adjusting the number of drops you apply on the skin. This is an advantage with this foundation that you can adjust the amount according to your requirements. It gives you smooth coverage and suitable for all skin types.
Key Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene glycol, Vinyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl trimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate.
- It is effortless to use.
- It gives you a matte finish to your skin.
- It has a dropper that gives you the desired coverage.
- It might not be suitable for people with dry skin.
10. Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation:
This is a foundation by Bare essentials that has a speciality of giving you a feel of cream where it is a powder. It has the only quality and pure ingredients that don’t have any preservatives that can irritate your skin. It makes your skin flawless by preventing the damage caused by harmful sun rays as this powder is made up of crushed pure minerals. It is suitable for all types of surfaces, especially oily skin.
Key Ingredients: Zinc oxide, Titanium dioxide, Mica, Iron oxides, Bismuth oxychloride, SPF 15.
- It doesn’t irritate your skin.
- It doesn’t cause any breakouts.
- It gives your skin a natural glow.
- It is pricey.
How To Use The Makeup Products On Your Oily Skin.
Using these products is pretty simple, and by following these simple steps will ensure maximum results. Unless there are specific instructions given on the product, you can follow these instructions.
- Apply a few drops of foundation all over the face and gently apply it all over the face.
- Remember to spread the foundation evenly so that there are no imperfections.
- If you are using a product that is a powder, then apply it on your face with the help of the sponge available with the product.
- Some products are applied so that the makeup you use lasts longer.
If you are one of those people who has to attend many parties in a month but fed up with the greasiness that comes with the oily skin, then this article gives you the list of Best makeup products for oily skin that will help you make a choice much more comfortable. These products not only control excess oil but also make your skin look natural, effortless. So, pick the product that suits you the best and let us know how it worked out.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
Q1. Why is It Necessary to Pick Makeup Suitable for Oily Skin?
Ans: It is not easy to pick a cosmetic product that suits your oily skin as it can cause more damage to your skin. Hence it is necessary to choose the makeup that has ingredients that reduce excess oil and doesn’t make your makeup look patchy.
Q2. What should Be Applied Before The Application of The Foundation?
Ans: A primer is a must to apply on your skin before using foundation or makeup as it prepares your skin for more cosmetic applications.
Q3. How to Choose a Product That Suits Your Oily Skin?
Ans: The ingredients play an essential role for you to choose a product that suits you the best. Always choose all-natural cosmetics that are oil absorbent, paraben-free so that you shine with beauty but not with oil.