In the world of skincare, there is a constant demand for new and innovative products that promise a picture-perfect skin. One such product you cannot miss out on is a Peel-Off Mask! As the name suggests, this mask can be “peeled off” to reveal a fresher, glowing skin than ever before. From removing dead cells and blackheads to smoothening your skin, Peel off masks can prove to be game-changers in the beauty industry!
In this article, we shall learn more about the varieties of Peel-off masks available currently, their benefits and how to choose the right one for your skin type. We’ll also explore 15 best peel-off masks in the Indian market that have earned rave reviews from users.
How to Choose Best Peel Off Mask for Your Skin Type?
Before we learn about this, let us first understand What are peel-off masks?
Peel off masks leave a thick layer on the surface of skin after drying out and can be pulled in the opposite direction by grabbing the ends. They are usually in the form of a thick liquid or gel that can be applied like a traditional face mask and are infused with a variety of active ingredients that can instantly revive your skin and leave a healthy glow.
Here are tips that can help you pick the right peel-off mask for your skin type and concerns:
If the ingredient list contains:
- Tea tree oil, Neem, clay, salicylic acid, etc.: Suitable for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E etc.: Designed for dry and normal skin.
- Lemon, Orange, Activated Charcoal etc.: Best for detox and skin brightening.
- Green Tea, Cucumber, Chamomile etc.: Ideal for instant hydration and freshness.
Benefits of Peel-Off Masks:
Listed below are the key benefits of using peel-off masks:
- They are quick and easy to use.
- Give an oddly satisfying experience of “peeling off” the dirt and debris on the skin.
- Draws out dead cells, impurities, pollutants, blackheads, whiteheads from the skin pores.
- It reveals a smoother and fresher looking skin.
- Results are almost immediate.
- They also help in fading out fine lines and pigmentation.
10 Best-Rated Peel-Off Masks In India, 2021:
Let us now check some of the most popular peel-off masks presently available in the Indian market:
1. Everyuth Natural Advanced Golden Glow Peel Off Mask:
Get instant glow in just 15 minutes with Everyuth Golden glow peel-off mask. This best peel-off mask for glowing skin is infused with 24k gold collagenine boosters that improve your skin elasticity and give it suppleness. The other key ingredient is orange peel extract which can renew tired skin and give it a fresh look. When applied on the face, the mask can stimulate the blood circulation and gently peel off the dirt and dead cells.
Key Ingredients: Polyvinyl Alcohol, Polyethylene Glycol, Orange Peel Extract, Methyl Paraben, Fragrance, Colloidal Gold, Lactic Acid etc.
- Spreads well on the skin.
- Dries out very quickly.
- Peeling action is effective.
- It softens skin and makes it glow.
- Works for all skin types.
- Results don’t last for more than a few hours.
- Contains Parabens.
2. Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Peel-Off Mask:
Check out this best peel-off mask for oily skin from Himalaya Herbals. The mask is designed to reduce the shine on your face, along with clearing pimples, blemishes etc. It is infused with the goodness of Neem, a powerful antiseptic and antibacterial agent. Along with bringing down the zits’ size, this product can also leave a mattifying look on the skin. You can use it regularly to maintain overall skin health.
Key Ingredients: Polyvinyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Neem Extract, Turmeric Extract etc.
- Reasonable pricing.
- Spreads nicely on the skin.
- Easy to peel off.
- Reduces oiliness on the face.
- It makes skin soft and smooth.
- Contains natural extracts.
- Strong fragrance.
- It May not suit people with large pimples.
3. WOW Skin Science Activated Charcoal Face Peel-Off Mask:
If you regularly go out into the traffic and come home with dark, lifeless skin, this product can be a savior for you! The Wow Skin Science Activated Charcoal Peel Off Mask is designed to detoxify your skin with the power of activated bamboo charcoal, trehalose and aloe vera extracts. The mask traps the pollutants, dirt and even dead cells from deep within the pores and “peels” them away. It contains no parabens or mineral oil for a safe and effective skincare experience.
Key Ingredients: Polyvinyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Panthenol, Activated Bamboo Charcoal, Aloe vera extract, Trehalose etc.
- Attractive packaging.
- Thick, quality formula.
- It peels off well without breaking.
- Doesn’t cause any pain or irritation.
- Removes blackheads.
- Paraben and Mineral-Oil free.
- Nice Fragrance.
- Expensive compared to other Indian brands.
4. Kaya Clinic Charcoal & Tea Tree Mattifying Peel-Off Mask:
Here is a peel-off mask from Kaya Derma Naturals that is designed for normal to oily skin types. The mask contains charcoal and tea-tree oil as active ingredients. These agents combine to remove oil and dirt from the skin, along with leaving your face shine-free. The anti-microbial properties of tea tree oil prevent and fights acne. It is a mild and gentle formula that doesn’t damage your skin during the peeling action.
Key Ingredients: Activated Charcoal powder, Tea tree oil.
- Controls oil.
- Gentle on skin.
- Lends a fresh look to the skin.
- Softens skin.
- Has no effect on blackheads, whiteheads or textured skin.
- Available on at certain stores.
- Unpleasant odour.
5. St Botanica Vitamin C Brightening Peel Off Mask:
Want to give a quick boost of Vitamin C to your skin? Try this revolutionary Vitamin C brightening Peel off face mask from St. Botanica. The product is infused with Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, which is the most stable form of Vitamin C for topical applications. By using this face mask, you can achieve a visibly clear complexion and reduced dark spots, pigmentation etc. Other ingredients like Licorice, Turmeric, Orange, turmeric and lemon boosts your radiance.
Key Ingredients: Multani Mitti (Solum fullonum), Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Citric Acid, Vitamin C (Sodium ascorbyl phosphate), Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin (Comfrey plant-derived), Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Extract, Chamomile (Chamomilla recutita) Extract, Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Extract, Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) Extract, Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) Fruit Extract, Orange (Citrus aurantium Dulcis) Peel Extract, Lemon (Citrus limon) Peel Extract etc.
- Infused with natural extracts.
- Nice citrusy scent.
- Instantly brightens skin.
- No Parabens, Toxic Chemicals.
- Cruelty-free product.
- Deep cleans the skin.
- Expensive product.
- Can cause pain while removing.
6. Beardo Activated Charcoal Peel Off Mask:
Take a look at this face peel-off mask for men from Beardo. This black mask is powered with activated charcoal to remove impurities and dead cells from the skin. The product offers deep cleansing benefits and leaves your face squeaky clean. To prevent your skin from getting dry, glycerine and aqua are added to the formula. Try this product to enjoy smooth, glowing skin!
Key Ingredients: Glycerine, Activated Charcoal, Aqua.
- Suitable for men.
- Controls oil levels on the skin.
- It makes you look fresh.
- Doesn’t dry out the skin.
- Removes dirt from the pores.
- The formula is too runny.
- Doesn’t peel off in one go.
- Slightly pricey compared to other brands.
7. SUGAR Cosmetics Power Clay Peel-off Mask with Charcoal:
Check out this amazing peel mask off for oily and combination skin that contains Kaolin clay and Charcoal as its key ingredients. It promises to get rid of oil, dirt, impurities and even blackheads from your face. Apart from cleansing your skin, the mask also eliminates grease and shine from your face. The best part is that it is a vegan product that contains no harsh chemicals either.
Key Ingredients: Charcoal Powder, Silic Acid, Lithium magnesium sodium salt, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipotassium Glycerrhizate, Hectorite etc.
- Spreads easily on the face.
- Gentle on skin.
- It makes skin soft.
- Attractive Packaging.
- Travel friendly.
- Mask is not too tight.
- Not very effective in removing blackheads.
8. Biotique Bio Peach Clarifying and Refining Peel Off Mask:
Here is another peel-off mask for skin clarifying and pore refining! The Bioqitue Bio peach mask is formulated for oily and acne-prone skin to deep clean and unclog pores. It is made with natural extracts of peach, plum, cucumber, cabbage, neem and quince seed which can refine your skin texture and lighten your overall complexion. The anti-bacterial action of these ingredients can prevent acne and reduce their appearance.
Key Ingredients: Adu (Prunus persica), ghritkumari (a. barbedensis), kikargaund (acacia arabica), Neem (Melia Azadirachta), bandhgobhe (brassica oleracea), bihidana (Pyrus Cydonia) Q.S.
- Contains natural ingredients.
- No harmful chemicals.
- Effective peel-off action.
- Cleanses skin.
- Easy to apply.
- Nice fragrance.
- The tub packaging makes application a messy affair.
- Has no effect on pimples.
- Gives a stinging sensation for the first few seconds.
- Not recommended for sensitive skin.
9. Man Arden Caffeine Coffee Peel Off Mask:
The Man Arden Coffee peel off mask gives a new life to your skin, just like a cup of coffee can do for your senses. It is made with real coffee beans that can stimulate your skin cells and improve better blood circulation. Caffeine from coffee can rejuvenate your skin and makes it glow again. Along with that, you can also experience the goodness of Argan oil, turmeric, amla and moringa extracts which all support healthy, youthful skin.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Sahjan (Moringa oleifera) Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Extract, Amla (Emblica Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid, Allantoin, Coffee (Coffea arabica) Seed Powder, Organic Moroccan Argan (Argania spinosa) Cold Pressed Oil, Fragrance, Color, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl acetate).
- Fresh coffee scent.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Easy to apply and use.
- Works as an exfoliant as well.
- No harmful parabens, sulphates or silicones.
- It peels off as one piece (if done in the right way).
- The top cap on the tube is prone to breakages and leaks.
10. Nykaa Go For Glow Peel-off Mask Super Hydrate:
If you are a fan of Nyka products, this Super hydrate peel off mask from the ‘Go for Glow’ series will not disappoint you for sure! The glittery mask is formulated with Vitamin B5, hyaluronic acid and green tea, which cleanse your skin and nourish it at the same time. This is an excellent peel-off mask for dry skin that softens your skin and makes it super glowy.
Key Ingredients: Vitamin B5, Hylauronic Acid, Green Tea, Baobab leaf extract etc.
- Contains natural extracts.
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin.
- It keeps your skin soft for longer hours.
- Cleanses skin.
- Glittering particles add a soft glow.
- Exclusively for Nykaa product.
How to Use a Peel-Off Mask?
Once you have invested in the right peel-off mask for your skin, it is also important to understand the right method of using it. Let us now look into the recommended steps for using a peel-off mask:
- First, clean your face with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
- Now take the product on your fingers and spread it evenly all over your face.
- Wait for 20 minutes or until dry.
- Now, peel the ends near the jawline and start pulling it upwards. Do it gently.
- Once the mask is removed, rinse your face thoroughly with water.
- Apply a moisturizer as a follow-on skincare product.
Do’s and Don’ts of Using a Peel-Off Mask:
Let us now look into the list of best practices and common mistakes made while using peel-off masks:
- Always apply the mask on clean and dry skin.
- Apply a thin layer of the product on the face.
- Allow the mask to completely dry before peeling it.
- Be gentle while peeling off the mask.
- Don’t apply the mask too close to the eyes or on the lips and eyebrows.
- Avoid going too close to the hairline.
- Do not use the mask on broken, cracked or wounded skin.
- Do not pull your mask roughly, as doing so can damage your skin and also cause sagging in the long run.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article about the best peel-off masks in India. Next time you are hunting for a new addition to your skincare kit, then do give these amazing products a try! Also, if you have already used any of the masks mentioned in the article, do share your experiences with us! Until then, have a happy “peeling” time!
DISCLAIMER: The article is written purely for informational purpose(s) only. We do not endorse or are affiliated to any of the brands mentioned above. However, we do earn a small commission if you buy the product through our website. You must use these products at your own risk, and we do not undertake any responsibility for any damages that occurred in connection with them.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Which is the best blackhead peel-off mask?
Ans: There are a number of peel-off masks which promise to effectively remove blackheads and whiteheads from your pores. Out of them, a newly launched brand called “Newish” has earned many rave reviews about its deep pore cleansing action. You can check out the product here: Newish Activated Charcoal Peel Off Mask.
Q2. Do peel-off masks remove facial hair?
Ans: Most peel-off masks available in the market are gentle on facial hair and do not pull them out. However, if you have very fine hair or peach fuzz on the cheeks, upper lip or foreheads areas, some of the products might actually get them out. In this process, your skin cells may also be damaged. So, be sure to treat your skin gently!
Q3. How many times a week can you use facial peel-off masks?
Ans: When it comes to a peel-off mask, less is always more! Experts recommend using this mask no more than twice a week. Overdoing this can make your skin lose its elasticity in the longer run and also damage the epidermis layer. You can use traditional homemade masks in between the two peeling sessions to nourish your skin.