Does every morning start like a horror story with a new zit popping up on your face? Don’t worry! You have Pimple Patches to your rescue! These medicated facial stickers fight those fluidic bumps while you blissfully enjoy midnight dreams. Peel them after you wake up and notice that your Pimples are almost gone. Yay! Magic!
Sounds like this is for you? Read along to find out more about acne stickers, with a list of 10 best products in the market.
What are Pimple Patches? How Do They Work?
Pimple patches are translucent medicated stickers that resemble tiny, round bandages. They are powered with a combination of various acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid, Niacinamide, etc., which fight bacteria and absorb the debris.
When you place a patch on the pimple, the active ingredients get to their job, almost immediately. Depending on the potency of the patch, you can notice results overnight or at the max, in two days.
Unlike the pimple ointments and creams, these patches do not dry out or damage your skin. They can be used to treat pimples on the forehead, jawline, cheek, upper lip, nose or anywhere on the body.
Which Pimple Patch is Best For My Skin?
Pimple patches come in different varieties to cater to various types and severities of acne.
- For oily and combination skin, blackheads and cystic acne, patches containing salicylic acid, tea tree oil etc. work the best.
- For whiteheads, mild acne, dry and sensitive skin – it is better to go for hydrocolloid patches, which are safe and effective.
Best Pimple Patches In India 2020:
Let us now look into the top 6 acne stickers or spot dots available in the Indian market, with ingredient list and ratings.
1. COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch:
If you are fighting persistent acne and blemishes on your face, try COSRX Master Patch. This pack has 18 patches, which are in natural, transparent color. Apart from healing the affected area, the patch also helps in preventing the problem from getting aggravated due to humidity and other external factors. This pimple removal patch can be used during the daytime as an emergency treatment or cover-up of that ugly zit.
Key Ingredients: Cellulose Gum, Styrene Isoprene Styrene Block Copolymer, Polyisobutylene, Petroleum Resin, Polyurethane Film, Liquid Paraffin, Tetrakis Methane.
- Clear stickers that are almost invisible from a distance.
- The high potent formula for quick results.
- Safe and easy to usage.
- Causes no irritation or redness.
- Pricey Product.
- Available only in selected online stores.
2. Spot Patch Original Acne Pimple Blemish Patch Sticker Cover:
Spot Patch is a popular Korean brand known for its quick-healing pimple patches. Seen here is the original version which is made of a sterilized hydrocolloid for natural and gentle removal of acne. These patches protect your pimple from dirt, pus and the urge to pop it out forcibly. Each pack comes with 21 patches of different thicknesses to treat different sizes of acne. You can happily wear one of them under makeup and walk out, while the patch keeps doing its job!
Key Ingredients: Medical Grade Hydrocolloid.
- Gentle treatment and doesn’t cause any side effects.
- Free from harmful drugs.
- 100% natural and vegan product.
- Safe for pregnant and lactating women.
- People with sensitive skin might experience redness (not in every case).
3. Urban yog Acne Pimple Patch:
The Urban yog Pimple Removal Patch works as a safe and gentle anti-acne treatment. Each packet consists of 36 patches, made of 100% Hydrocolloid. They work by absorbing the pus and abscess from the zits and preventing the entry of dust or other irritants. In just one day of usage, you can notice a reduced inflammation on the skin. Plus, this product is waterproof, so you need not worry about peeling off due to accidental contact with water.
Key Ingredients: 100% Hydrocolloid.
- Breathable stickers that are gentle on skin.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- The packet lasts for a long time as it has 36 fresh patches.
- Easy to wear and peel.
- Doesn’t work for cystic acne.
[See More: Best Creams for Pimples]
4. The Face Shop Dr.Belmeur Clarifying Acne Spot Patch Kit:
This spot patch kit from Face shop Dr Belmeur is designed especially for oily and blemished skin. It is a two-step kit, comprising of spot plaster band and spot hydrocolloid band. The spot plaster band calms down irritated skin, while the colloid band protects it from harmful substances like dirt, pollution etc. There are totally 80 patches in the kit, which are safe and easy to use even on sensitive skin.
Key Ingredients: Salicylic Acid, Willow Herb, Tea Tree Oil, Hydrocolloid.
- A two-step process for complete protection.
- Contains medicated ingredients like tea tree oil, salicylic acid to treat the infections.
- Effectively works on mild to moderate acne.
- No added fragrance.
- Value for money.
- Slight expensive but considering that the kit has 80 patches, the pricing may be justified. So, it is not a major con.
5. Hi-Spot Acne Patch:
Hi-Spot Acne Patch comes as a set of 36 individual patches which have the goodness of tea tree and calendula oil. Each path is made with Hydrocolloid to faster absorption and better healing. The easy-peel design makes applying and removal process seamless and pain-free. The drug-free formula contains only natural ingredients to fight pimples without causing dryness or damage.
Key Ingredients: Tea Tree Oil, Calendula Oil, Hydrocolloid.
- Contains no harmful chemicals.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Non-irritant formula.
- Gentle peeling effect.
- Absorbs pus and debris at a faster rate.
- May not be suitable for large zits or chronic cystic acne.
6. Lanbena Acne Pimple Patch:
Lanbena Acne Pimple Patch Treatment is offered in two varieties – daytime use and night use. Each patch is made with an ultra-thin material than blends well with your skin. The strong, yet gentle adhesive sticks on the affected area for better action. The patches are infused with natural anti-pimple ingredients like tea-tree oil, Calendula oil and hydrocolloid to give you faster results in just a few applications.
Key Ingredients: Tea Tree Oil, Calendula Oil, Belgium Hydrocolloid.
- Contains the goodness of natural ingredients.
- Hypo-allergenic formula.
- No major side effects on this product.
- Gives faster action when used in the right way.
- Separate patches for day and night time usage.
- Size variations to treat different types of pimples.
- Expensive price tag.
[See More: Best Soaps For Pimples]
How to Use or Apply Pimple Patches on Skin?
There is no rocket science involved in applying a pimple patch. It is as simple as putting a bandage on a wounded area. However, for maximum effectiveness of the treatment, we recommend you to follow these steps:
- Wash your face thoroughly and pat dry.
- Do not put any cream or lotion on the affected area.
- Gently peel the sticker from the sheet and place it on the pimple.
- Press it well against the skin for a better fit.
- Make sure there are no open areas or uncovered zones under the patch.
- Leave it for the desired amount of time (12 hours maximum).
- Once you notice a pus covered patch, peel it off gently.
- Wash the area and dry it well
Benefits and Side Effects of Using Pimple Patches
Pimple patches work like emergency anti-pimple treatments. They offer a myriad of benefits to those who battle with frequent breakouts like the ones listed below:
- Pimple cover patches reduce inflammation of the skin and soothe an irritated area.
- They alleviate redness and discomfort caused by the zits.
- By absorbing the pus and sebum from the pimple, patches promote faster healing.
- These patches do not dry out the skin or cause further damage.
- They prevent you from forcibly squeezing out the pimple or accidental rubbing of the skin against an external surface.
- Pimple dots also protect the infected area from dust and other irritants.
- Most of the patches are transparent, so you can wear them even while going to office or college.
Of course, there are a few negatives of Pimple Patches which cannot be ignored:
- Pimple patches work only zits with pus-filled heads.
- Their action is limited to the surface area and cannot go into the deeper layers to take corrective action.
- Acne dots are ineffective on cystic acne and deeper blemishes.
- They work like SOS treatments for pimples and act only in a particular area.
Looks like the benefits of Pimple Patches outweigh their cons. So, it is definitely worth giving these cute little stickers a try! Before you do that, please go through the ingredient list to ensure the suitability of the product for your skin. Also, if you have repetitive breakouts, it’s better to consult a dermatologist and take a proper course of treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers:
Q1. Can Pimple Patches Be Used on Sensitive Skin?
Ans: Yes! Most pimple patches are suitable for sensitive skin as they are made with natural materials like Hydrocolloid. They are very gentle on the skin and absorb the unwanted material from the zit to flatten it. Just be sure to avoid medicated ingredients like Salicylic acid, which may cause dryness and redness.
Q2. How long Can I Keep the Pimple Patch For?
Ans: Although many products claim that their patches are safe for 24-hour application, doctors warn against doing so. Pimple patches have a time limit, and using them beyond it can damage the skin. It is better to keep a patch for a maximum of 12 hours. Remove and discard the patch after this period. You can expose the skin to natural air for a while and then use a fresh one if needed!
Q3. Can I use a pimple patch on a squeezed zit?
Ans: First of all, popping a pimple using unclean hands or tools can aggravate the condition. However, if you have already done that, you can put on a colloid pimple patch and cover it up. This can prevent the risk of infections and absorb any unwanted residue material from inside.