We all know that Kolkata is known as the land of Rabindranath Tagore. Along with the amalgamation of tradition and modernity, there is a steady increase in spa culture in Kolkata. However, we all sometimes overlook the need for me-time because we struggle with ambitions, responsibilities and finances, which result in deteriorating mental and physical health. This is why spas have become a necessity and are no longer a waster of money.
In this article, we have curated the list of some of the famous Spas in Kolkata you can look into before choosing one. Read on!
10 Best Spas in Kolkata:
Visiting a spa will help boost your performance in tasks, relieve pain, improve sleep patterns, and reduce stress. Therefore go through the list of Spas in Kolkata we have presented and choose the one which suits your needs.
1. Aura Spa:
Aura Spa is a luxury Spa in Kolkata that combines massage and therapy practices from around the world with the Indian knowledge of Ayurveda. This process helps you attain bliss and harmony efficiently. This Spa belongs to the Park chain of hotels and offers an assortment of reinvigorating treatments. Some treatments include Shirodhara, and abhyanga, which help you unbend and unwind while keeping your body exhilarated.
- Location: The Park Hotel, 17, Park St, Maidan, Taltala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016, India.
- Working Hours: 06:30 AM – 9:30 PM.
- Packages: Balinese, Shirodhara spa, Swedish Spa.
2. Sawasdee Namaste Spa:
Sawasdee Namaste Spa is one of the best spas in Kolkata. This Spa aims to balance body, mind and soul by combining eastern and western practices in massage and holistic therapy. The Sawasdee Namaste Spa offers a range of services that cater to various clientele, explicitly focusing on stress reduction and relaxation.
- Location: No.15-C, Sarat Bose Road, Opposite Hindustan Club, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020, India.
- Working Hours: 10:30 AM–8:30 PM.
- Packages: Massage Spa, Day Spa, Facial Spa, Medical Spa.
3. The Himalayan Spa:
The Himalayan Spa is located in Kolkata and is one of the most refined and luxurious Spas. This Spa has certified professional male and female therapists specializing in ladies’ spas. Steam bath, Jacuzzi, steam bath and sauna are some of the luxurious state-of-the-art features in this Spa. The Himalayan Spa offers quality service with a soothing ambience.
- Location: 49C, 1st floor, Purna Das Rd, above Teroparban Restaurant, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029.
- Working Hours: 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Packages: Deep tissue therapy, Aromatherapy, Thai dry massage, Sweedish massage, Balinese massage.
[See More: Best Spas In Delhi]
4. Kaya Kalp:
Kaya Kalp, Kolkata’s best massage spa at the ITC Sonar Hotel in Topsia, offers a range of relaxing massages, body treatments and ayurvedic rituals. This is another spot where you can get luxurious pampering, serenely rejuvenate, and relax away from the busy lifestyle. Ranging from body wraps to massages, this Spa provides a very diverse Spa menu.
- Location: Shop No, 27B, Harish Mukherjee Rd, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700025, India.
- Working Hours: 11 AM–7 PM.
- Packages: Exotic pomegranate spa journey, Hot stone massage, Gemstones massage.
5. Club Prana:
Club Prana is the best massage spa in Kolkata if you wish to experience the ultimate spa journey to relax and rejuvenate. There is also a couple’s suite available for partners visiting the Spa. This Spa includes state-of-the-art facilities with highly trained therapists who use the highest quality products. Therefore, soothe your stress by calming your mind and body with holistic and natural techniques.
- Location: Hyatt Regency Kolkata, JA -1, Sector – 3, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700098, India.
- Working Hours: 10 AM–8 PM.
- Packages: Reflexologies, Hot stone massages, Balinese massages, Swedish massages.
6. The Oberoi Spa:
The Oberoi Spa is located in a separate wing of the Oberoi Grand in Central Kolkata. This luxurious Spa is a modern facility that offers a wide range of massage treatments. In addition, you can try one of their indigenous ritual packages to make your Spa experience truly unforgettable.
- Location: A, Shree Ram Arcade, 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Maidan, New Market Area, Dharmatala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700013, India.
- Working Hours: 11 AM–7 PM.
- Packages: Hot lava shell facials, Bali and Thai massaging techniques for massages, Tamarind and Orange body wrap.
[See More: Best Spas In Chennai]
7. Agni – Vedic Village Spa:
Agni – Vedic village spa is located in Kolkata near the airport, just a little outside the city limits. This Spa is one of the finest health and lifestyle retreats in the area. This place spans over 150 acres with lush greenery, providing you with a getaway from the hectic life in the city. You can heal and reset your system by booking an appointment in this Spa.
- Location: Vedic Village Spa Resort, Shikharpur, Maula Ali, Taltala, New Town, Kolkata 700135, India.
- Working Hours: 10 AM to 10 PM.
- Packages: Ayurvedic massages.
8. Sanjeeva Ayurveda Wellness Center:
If you are looking for a holistic Spa service in Kolkata, then the Sanjeeva Ayurveda wellness centre in the Vedic village spa resort in Rajarhat. This wellness centre provides therapies for clientele of all ages, focusing on soul, mind and body. Some of the treatments provided in this wellness centre are a mix of therapies like Swedish massage, aroma therapy and reflexology.
- Location: Vedic Village, Kolkata, West Bengal 700135, India.
- Working Hours: 7:30 AM–8 PM.
- Packages: Aromatherapy, Swedish massage, Acupressure massage, Reflexology.
9. Sohum Spa:
Sohum Spa is located in Kenilworth hotel on Little Russel street that offers a wide range of therapies. Sohum Spa provides treatments that help eliminate toxins from your body, enhancing your spiritual awareness and healing emotional distress. You can choose the proper treatment for you because this Spa provides you with a wide range of spas and treatments.
- Location: West B, 1 & 2, Little Russel St, Kankaria Estates, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal 700071, India.
- Working Hours: 8 AM to 9 PM.
- Packages: Reflexology, Baths, Body massages, Body scrubs.
10. Thai Spa:
If you are looking for an essence of the spa culture of Thailand in India, The Thai Spa in Kolkata can be an excellent choice. This Spa’s blissful environment ensures authentic therapies because they have native therapists from Thailand. Moreover, to enhance the customer experience, they constantly upgrade their services through expert consultation. The massage services offered in these Spas eliminate impurities and pollutants from your body, improving general well-being by treating various disorders.
- Location: 164/1, Maniktala Main Rd, Kadapara, Phool Bagan, Kankurgachi, Kolkata, West Bengal 700054, India.
- Working Hours: 11 AM to 9 PM.
- Packages: Hotstone therapy, Deep tissue massage, LomiLomi massage, Foot spa, Four hand massage.
Kolkata is not only known for its rich cultural heritage, but the city also has some of the most popular and luxurious Spas. A day in the Spa can relax your body and the mind, giving you a much-needed break. Most Spas in Kolkata offer several therapies to help you relax after a tiring day. Don’t forget to let us know if you found this article helpful!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. What is the etiquette you need to follow in a Spa?
Ans: Although there is a variation in the rules in every Spa, you must always fill out forms or questionnaires before you go for Spa treatment. Before the treatment starts, it is customary to arrive ten minutes before the treatment starts at the Spa reception.
Q2. What should we wear under the robe in the Spa?
Ans: Usually, most people are nude when they get some particular Spa treatments. But if you feel more comfortable, you can always leave your undies on. Though many Spas provide disposable underwear.