Finding the right water purifier for your home is not an easy task. However, a water purifier ensures the health and well-being of your family, and therefore it is a significant decision. Keep in mind the features like maintenance, functionality when you decide to buy a water purifier. Go through this article to know what other factors you need to consider before choosing a water purifier for your home. Read on to learn more!
Best Water Purifiers Available In India:
Here is the list of some of the best water purifiers that can be installed in your home for purified drinking water.
1. RAMA Gravity ECO Water Filter:
Rama gravity eco is the best non-electric water purifier available in the market, which has silver-impregnated ceramic with an activated carbon core. It helps eliminate 100% particles, odors, bad tastes, and harmful chemicals, presenting you with clean and pure water.
Specifications: Activated carbon core.
- It keeps your water bacteria-free.
- It gives you safe drinking water.
- Eliminates odor from your water.
- Available easily.
- It removes harmful chemicals from water.
- There is a chance of the taps leaking.
2. R.K. AQUA FRESH INDIA K200 Ultraviolet, Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier:
This is the best quality R.O. water purifier by R.K. Aqua fresh because of its functionality and look. You can see the water level from this product at a glance because its upper body is exceptionally translucent. This water filter fits neatly into any corner of your house as the product doesn’t take up too much space. In addition, it has low power consumption compared to the other brands and doesn’t need any additional pre-filters.
Specifications: Reverse osmosis technology.
- It has high storage capacity.
- It consumes less electricity.
- Pre-filter is low maintenance.
- It is very functional.
- It doesn’t take too much room.
- It has a translucent body.
- It has slightly higher water wastage.
- Installation is charged.
3. AO Smith X2 5 L U.V. Ultra Violet + U.F. (Ultra Fine) Water Purifier:
This is the best U.V. water purifier that helps improve the overall quality of water with its five-stage purification technology. It also has a U.V. life alert and a digital display that makes it easier to use this filter. In addition, the sleek design of this water purifier lets you place it into the kitchen cabinets without taking up too much space. Finally, this filter eliminates disease-causing microorganisms helping you disinfect the water.
Specifications: UV+Ultra filteration.
- Multi-stage purification process.
- UV+UF filters.
- Good storage capacity.
- It stores a good amount of water.
- Ultraviolet lamp.
- It has a digital display.
- Optimal water storage capacity.
- It doesn’t have overflow protection.
4. Blue Star Aristo RO+UV+UF 7-Liter Water Purifier:
Blue star aristo is the best water filter with a RO+UV+UF system that eliminates the viruses and bacteria in water, giving you pure and healthy drinking water. It has a multi-source water supply, gives you low-pressure alerts, and the water is healthy to drink because it doesn’t remove any minerals from the water. In addition, the product saves space as it is specially built and therefore fits into any room.
Specifications: RO+UV+UF system.
- It removes microbes from water.
- It eliminates hard water TDS.
- It is affordable.
- It is suitable for borewell water.
- It has low-pressure alerts.
- It fits into any space.
- The plastic body of the purifier is not covered in the warranty.
5. Proven® Alkaline + ORP with Active Copper + RO + UV + TDS Controller/Adjuster RO Water Purifier:
The proven brand presents us with the cheap and best water purifier that gives us healthy 100 percent R.O. water by instantly adding the correct amount of copper. In addition, it improves your immune system by protecting your family from dangerous viruses. It can purify water from any source because it has 12 stages R.O+U.V+active copper filter with a P.H. enhancer.
Specifications: R.O+U.V+Active copper filter.
- It can store 12 liters of water.
- Purifies water from any source.
- It has the goodness of copper.
- Intelligent copper cleaning.
- It has dual water dispensing.
- It helps boost immunity.
- R.O.’s purification process wastes water.
6. KENT Maxx 7-Litres Wall Mountable/Table Top U.V. + U.F. (White and Blue) 60-Ltr/hr Water Purifier:
This is the best-kent water purifier that uses several UV+UF purification processes with a detachable storage tank. You can place this product wall-mounted and ideal for domestic use and tap/municipal water supply. It gives you pure and delicious drinking water that is safe to drink by thoroughly flushing out the dead bacteria, viruses, and cysts with the help of the hollow U.F. membrane after the U.V. purification process.
Specifications: UV+UF purification process.
- It has an auto-on/off operation.
- It eliminates bad taste and odor.
- It gives you safe drinking water.
- It has an activated carbon pre-filter.
- It has a multiple purification process.
- It flushes out dead bacteria.
- If you have a low-pressure water supply, a motor might be necessary.
7. HUL Pureit Advanced Pro Mineral RO+UV 6 stage wall mounted black 7L Water Purifier:
Pureit advanced pro is the best water purifier brand that can be wall-mounted and has a six-stage RO+UV purification process that gives you mineral-rich, 100 percent clean, and sweet water. The advanced pro mineral RO+UV adds critical minerals such as calcium and magnesium to the R.O. filtered water. This water purifier doesn’t let harmful contaminants pass through and can handle various water sources.
Specifications: Energy-saving mode, Pro mineral RO+UV.
- It has an energy-saving mode.
- It is suitable for large families.
- Seven liters water storage.
- It has a six-stage purification technology.
- It doesn’t need a voltage stabilizer.
- It has a smart power-saving mode.
- It gives you 100% clean water.
- It doesn’t have a TDS controller.
8. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Marvel RO+UV e-boiling+MTDS with Active Copper Water Purifier:
If you are looking for a lightweight and elegant water purifier, this active copper water purifier from Aquaguard’s Aquasure delight can be an excellent option. It is made with the best-in-class technology, and the design is ideal for the modern kitchen. It can hold about seven liters of filtered water, and you can always have a look at the level of water through the semi-transparent storage tank. In addition, you can manually change the TDS level with the TDS controller present in this product.
Specifications: RO+UV e-boiling+MTDS.
- It is an attractive and compact design.
- It can hold seven liters of filtered water.
- It has a semi-transparent storage tank.
- It has LED indicators.
- It has a manual TDS controller.
- It gives you safe water to drink.
- It isn’t easy to check the water level.
9. Livpure Glo RO+UV+Mineraliser+6 Stage Purification+7 Ltr Electric Water Purifier:
Live pure Glo RO+UV+Mineralizer water purifier is packed with numerous features and has a storage capacity of seven liters. This process makes sure you have clean and pure drinking water at all times. In addition, there is a storage tank which comes in handy when electricity is absent. It ensures 100% pure water every time with its advanced filtration system.
- It has LED indicators.
- It has seven liters storage capacity.
- It has 12 hours/ hour of water purification.
- It is suitable for people for five to six people.
- Seven-litre tank capacity.
- It gives you pure drinking water.
- Water leakage issue.
10. V-Guard Zenora RO+UF+MB 7 Litre Water Purifier:
V-Guard is the best water purifier company with double layer protection with RO+UF, and its seven-stage advanced purification process delivers a natural taste to your water. In addition, it enhances life and protects the sensitive R.O. with its intelligent design. This water purifier works well for municipal, borewell, and tanker water.
Specifications: Large dirt capacity pre-filter, RO+UF.
- It has a wide surface area that provides a better water supply.
- It eliminates TDS.
- It has a seven-liter storage tank.
- It also removes microbes and heavy metals.
- It makes your water crystal clear.
- It provides an extra layer of safety.
11. KENT Gold 20-Litres U.F. technology-based Gravity Water Purifier:
This non-electric water purifier from Kent that which is the first of its kind. It uses the U.F. technology for the purification process and works on the principle of gravity purification. It helps restrict bacteria or cysts from passing through with the help of a hollow fiber U.F membrane with 0.1 microns pore size.
Specifications: U.F. technology.
- It is preferable for low TDS water.
- It makes your water free from bacteria or cysts.
- It has a high storage capacity.
- It uses U.F. technology.
- It is made with food-grade plastic.
- It gives you filtered drinking water.
- You need to be patient with the results.
12. HUL Pureit Copper+ Mineral RO + UV + MF 7 stage Water Purifier:
Pureit copper+ mineral RO+ UV+ MF is a top water purifier with a seven-step purification system that improves your family’s health, combining modern technology with traditional goodness. It has a patented copper charge technology that charges the water with copper during the seven-stage RO+UV+MF purification process.
Specifications: RO+UV, Copper charge technology.
- It has a double purity lock.
- It has a hands-free bottle fill zone.
- It has a seven-stage purification process.
- It charges your water with the goodness of copper.
- It gives you pure drinking water.
- It has copper charge technology.
- Dispensing copper R.O. water needs electricity.
13. Blue Star Excella 6 L R.O. + U.V. Water Purifier:
If you are looking for the best water filters for your home that is highly suitable for borewell water, this product from Blue star can be an excellent option. It helps keep your water pure and safe with its six-stage purification process. The antibacterial properties of the active carbon from the copper-impregnated in this very beneficial product. It can filter approximately 12 liters/hour, which is a vast capacity.
Specifications: RO+UV+UF technology, Aqua taste booster.
- It has an auto shut-off.
- It has overflow protection.
- Six liters of storage capacity.
- It removes microbes.
- It enhances the taste of the water.
- It has a full tank indicator.
- It doesn’t have a child lock.
14. KENT Grand+ ZWW 9 LTR Mineral RO+UV+UF+TDS Control + UV in Tank:
Ken grand+ is the best water purifier for a home suitable for all forms of water, and it does so in seven stages using the R.O., U.F., and U.V. technologies. In addition, it is ideal for high TDS water as this product can purify water with a TDS range as high as 2000 ppm. The Ken grand+ water filter has 9 liters storage tank, which is a good match for a big family.
Specifications: TDS control system, RO+UV+UF +TDS Control process.
- It has good storage.
- The purification process is good.
- It has in-tank U.V. disinfection.
- It has an auto-flushing of the R.O.membrane.
- It has zero wastage technology.
- It keeps your water clean for a more extended period.
15. Prestige Tattva 2.1 Copper 16-Liter Water Purifier:
Prestige tattva is a water purifier that blends tradition and modernity beautifully and is a one-of-a-kind product. The natural antimicrobial properties of the copper storage container impart additional benefits while killing bacteria from your drinking water. Keep your family healthier and happier by bringing this water filter to your home.
Specifications: Advanced FACT filters, High filtration rate.
- It stops the growth of harmful bacteria.
- It helps boost your immune system.
- It helps increase metabolism.
- It helps strengthens bones.
- It helps enhance digestion.
- It gives you clean water.
- It has a 15-liter capacity.
- Leaky tap.
How to Pick the Best Water Purifier?
Here are some simple things that you need to consider before choosing a water purifier for yourself.
- Determining the source of your tap water is the first step in selecting the right water purifier. If the total dissolved solids are 500 ppm, it is safe to drink.
- For the TDS levels of more than 500ppm, you choose a water purification process of reverse osmosis (R.O.). Then, choose a water purifier that can be adjusted based on water quality depending upon your water source.
- When you are purchasing a water purifier, the storage capacity is the most critical considerations. Make sure to keep the family’s everyday needs before making this choice.
- Choose a design that is durable with a solid build. Also, make sure to choose a container made of food-grade plastic to reduce the toxicity in the water.
- While purchasing a water purifier, look for more advanced features like replacing the filters, flexibility, and additional safety features.
- Water filters need maintenance regularly, and make sure the service is available nearby and how much the maintenance cost.
We hope the article gives you a glimpse into the best water purifiers. However, make sure to choose a product that suits your and your family’s needs. Double-check the reviews and specifications of the products mentioned in this article if you are still unsure. Finally, don’t forget to let us know if you found this article helpful!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. How many impurities do you find in water?
Ans: Suspended and dissolved are the two types of impurities found in drinking water:
- Dust, bacteria, viruses, sand, dirt are some of the suspended impurities.
- Dissolved impurities are soluble in water, such as pesticides, arsenic, fluoride, heavy metals like mercury, copper lead.
Q2. Does the R.O. purifier eliminate essential minerals from water?
Ans: R.O. purifier doesn’t deplete the essential minerals from the drinking water, and it is a common misconception. Instead, it generates electromagnetic vibrations with the help of the precisely engineered mineral modulator that keeps the necessary minerals in the water.
Q3. Is it necessary to keep the water purifier switched on all the time?
Ans: You should not switch your water purifier off at night as a general rule of thumb. Switching off and on unnecessarily can damage the parts, and these purification systems are made to operate continuously.
Q4. What is the meaning of TDS(Total Dissolved Solids)?
Ans: Dissolved solids are the elements dissolved in water, such as minerals, salts, metals, and anions. Therefore, every element in water that is not suspended dolis is included in TDS.
Q5. Are water purifiers effective in purifying water?
Ans: No water purifier can eliminate all the contaminants from the water. Not all purifiers are the same and give the same results, so choose the purifier as per your needs. Make a list of your wants before going shopping.