In case you were wondering, different hairstyles can only be tried by a fair and lighter skin tone man to look handsome, while forgetting not, black is the latest trend and hotness! These black hairstyles for men are taking down the internet with the gorgeousness and hotness around them. There are different types of haircuts one cannot imagine, and these are all unique, new, stylish, and handsome.
They can also be used as both casual styles or as professional looks, and these male styles can be apt. Now head here and continue reading to know more on several excellent looks for black hair guys! Get away from the old boredom of the same cuts and experiment with contemporary styling from now!
30 Best Black Hairstyles for Men in 2022:
Guide on best and latest hairstyles for black hair men are here. Find out more on cool and professional male black hairstyles and how to style them for the best looks in here!
1. Long Hair Cornrows:
Cornrows are perfect if you have an eye for bold and unique fashion. This men’s cornrow hairstyle is a perfect choice if you have medium hair length or to shoulder length. It is also a perfect hairstyle with low maintenance yet give you classic modern and bold stylish vibes with a dapper look. Do you agree?
2. Man Bun:
Talk about one person who does not admire man bun? We absolutely love and admire the bun look on males. This is a perfect idea to check out for men with long hair. The hairstyle can suit men across age groups and add on to give a sleek youthful style statement. It is perfect for enhancing your appearance and adding to your style existence.
3. Long Hair Cornrows:
This variant of a buzz cut is a new-age modern style statement that looks apt and perfect on young men. The style brings on dapper and dashing vibes with exquisite appearance. Besides the fashion quotient, it is also comfortable and of low maintenance. So isn’t it a cool look? What better than a style that comes with comfort!
4. The Neat Poised Look:
Seen here Will Smith flaunting in his neat and polished style. He looks dashing in this style without a doubt and looks formal and handsome. Hence if you want to look polished and smart and concentrate on looking smart for work, then this can be the best option for you without a doubt. Try this out, and you will try out the result.
- Matching Hair Type: Those with any hair texture can try this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval and elongated face shape can look good in this one.
- Best Age Group: Wear this for men above 35 years and below 50 years.
- Suitable Outfits: Formals with blazers and coat can be amazing in this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for office purposes and works.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this one out.
5. Black Short Haircut for Men:
In case you were looking more for older man and matured look then this style will suit aptly and perfectly to anyone. ThisKevin hart fade haircut is nothing but kind of fade with very short hair and no hair aMen So men who are in busy schedules in their professional life, and managerial positions ca quite try this one out. You will surely look dashing and handsome without efforts!
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type can try this style out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for round, square and elongated face shape.
- Best Age Group: Men above 50 years can look dashing in this style.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this look with formals and blazers to seize in the day.
- Perfect Occasion: Go with this style for regular official works and meetings.
- Best Season to Try: Any time of the year is good to go in this hairstyle.
6. Heavy Mustache Look:
You can even carry this heavy look despite any age. See here is the look given that we see many men preferring such styles with beard and moustache. Men who love to look macho and heavy can try this lookout as well. This is cool and dripping hot without fail! These experimental afro undercut hairstyles can be surely tried out, especially if you are not in a professional career!
- Matching Hair Type: Men with any hair type can try this curly hairstyle.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this with an elongated face shape only.
- Best Age Group: Men in 35-plus years can try this style out.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this style with informal and casual t-shirt jeans only.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style during informal outings with friends or family.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are a good time to try this style.
7. Black Bun Hairstyle:
Men who want to look rocking and super stylish can try this lookout. This is unique and especially suits men who are in the music industry. It looks dapper and handsome at the same time, giving a cool and handsome feeling. Long hair is required for this braid to be done and tied up heavily. Add up to a bit of fade beneath, and you are perfect to go! Try this out today if you want to have an experimental style! This is among the good hairstyles for men with black hair to try out!
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type can try out this hairstyle with long hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for men in oval face shapes only.
- Best Age Group: Those in their 20s and 30s can look good in this one.
- Suitable Outfits: Casual plain t-shirts and jeans or shorts can look good.
- Perfect Occasion: This can be a daily casual look during outings.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are the best time in here.
8. The Cuter Men Look:
This is quite a cute look with braids. One cannot imagine that such a still pose can be easily created with low braids. Men who have short hair can try these slower and low braids look with retro style. Seen here is a man flaunting his style with a cute facial expression that we fell in love with now! Try this look if you are willing to have braids with short hair.
- Matching Hair Type: Men with any hair type can try this black braided hairstyle for men.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round and rectangular face can go well in this one.
- Best Age Group: Those in their early 30s can rock this better.
- Suitable Outfits: Retro style formal shirt and pants can look good on this one.
- Perfect Occasion: This one is good for themed parties to flaunt in style.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoons are a good time to try this look.
9. Macho Dreadlock Hairstyle:
Wondering how to look macho and muscly? Well, here comes the answer. Seen here is the quite popular macho look. This one looks stylish with long braids on. Men who want to have that strong and handsome feeling can try this style out. This African inspired braid look is among the most popular right now and can look dashing for several of events!
- Matching Hair Type: Long curly hair can try this style out better.
- Preferable Face Shape: Men with the rectangular or square faces can look good.
- Best Age Group: Those who are above 35 years can look dashing.
- Suitable Outfits: Try this with super casuals only.
- Perfect Occasion: This look can be good for parties or dance nights.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are good to go in this style.
10. Sporty Hairstyle:
This famous sports style is taking away the internet right now. Men who love to look dapper despite being in an active lifestyle can get inspired by this look. This look is among our favourite. It looks simple yet handsome and hot. This does not take much time to maintain and only requires professional assistance while doing it. You surely will love the result once done!
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair type men can try this style out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this with an oval face shape only.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 20s can look good in this young hairstyle.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this style with shorts and shirts.
- Perfect Occasion: This is good to go during dinner parties or music nights.
- Best Season to Try: Men can wear this in any season as they wish!
11. Light Faded Cut:
Looking for a faded cut and yet look classic and edgy? Well, what not then, this semi-faded look with shorter hair near the crown?! This look is new and unique right now and is taking to be popular given the simplicity and style. Men who don’t want to maintain much in their haircare and yet want to look simple and classic can try this Black low fade haircut for men lookout, and you surely will look special!
- Matching Hair Type: Any short hair can try this style out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this short hairstyle for men with a round and oval faces only.
- Best Age Group: Men in 40 years can look good and youthful.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this style with formals for a good look.
- Perfect Occasion: Office looks can be good to go in this style.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this during summers for the best style and comfort too!
12. Knotless Braids:
Those in the music and DJ industry now got a new style to flaunt right now. We often see them having a similar kind of style, as following this latest days trend. These dapper knotless braids look totally stylish and trending. Men who love to experiment and want to have a unique look with the parting of the hair and double braid style can experiment in this one. This braided look is new right now and yet to be copied by many!
- Matching Hair Type: Curly or smooth, both hair textures can try this style.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for an oval and square face shape.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 30s can look handsome in this style.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this with a casual t-shirt and jeans only.
- Perfect Occasion: This is good for night parties or dinner parties.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this during the monsoon and winter seasons.
13. Black Curly Hairstyle:
Have long curly hairs and think about how to manage the mess?! Well, here we tell you an easy solution. Those who have super curly hair can try this style out, and you will look transformed into a new being right away. If you don’t believe us, you can right away see the result and how it will look. Now gone are the days you think curls and long hair are a mess and transform it to your advantage right away.
- Matching Hair Type: Those with curly hair can try this black mohawk fade haircut.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this style with the oval and elongated face shape.
- Best Age Group: Those in their late 20s and early 30s can look good in this one.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear these cool mohawk styles for black hair guys with casual t-shirts or shirts as per the event.
- Perfect Occasion: One can wear this style for college events or parties.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoons are the right season for this look.
14. Sharp Edger Men Look:
In case you are looking for well trimmed hair, why not try this style out? Men can customize this style as well according to their tastes. You can add side fade or under fade to it if you wish so. Further, try this style if you have curly hair, and you are set to rock and seize the day with your fashion sense. Try this fade haircut with a black beard men, and you will surely receive lots of compliments for the day.
- Matching Hair Type: Wear this for curly hair types only.
- Preferable Face Shape: Men with any face shape can try this style out.
- Best Age Group: Wear this for men in their late 30s to look young.
- Suitable Outfits: Try formals or semi-formals as per event with this look.
- Perfect Occasion: You can choose to try this for office times or corporate events as well.
- Best Season to Try: This style is good to flaunt in summer.
15. Street Hairstyle:
Looking out for some inspiration in street-side fashion? Well, why not, try this style out? This street-side music-inspired style is taking over the internet right now, given its ease, style, and hotness. This look is totally quirky and yet unique in its way. Youngsters who are willing to try this route should look into this style and try this curly hair fade haircut blackout.
- Matching Hair Type: Curly and messy hair can try this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: wear this for elongated face shapes only.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 20s can only look good in this style.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear only casual clothes in this style.
- Perfect Occasion: One can try this black medium hairstyle for men during casual outings with friends or family.
- Best Season to Try: Summer and monsoon are both seasons are both good times to try this hairstyle.
16. Sleek Long Braids:
Those who want to try new looks in a professional career in hospitality are nowadays trying this one out. This is a new and unique one in the industry right now. However, the maintenance of this style takes a while to manage. Hence it requires lots of care and effoIfase, you are confident and have patience, this one can go ahead with this afro fade hairstyle.
- Matching Hair Type: Curly long hair texture can try out this style.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this one with any face shape if you like!
- Best Age Group: Men in 35 plus can try this style out.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this with only formals to look apt!
- Perfect Occasion: Official purpose can be unique in this style to try out.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are a good season to look into, this also has a variant of high fade haircut for men.
17. Professional Look:
Here comes the most popular professional African style look. Those young men who are all ready and set to go ahead and reach heights in careers also require a good and polished style for them in everyday life. Here is one such which can be of great purpose. Try this style, and you are surely going to look handsome, stylish, and also very professional!
- Matching Hair Type: Wear this look if you have curly hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Men with any face shape can try this style out.
- Best Age Group: Those in the younger age group below 35 years can look good in this one.
- Suitable Outfits: Formals and blazers are good to go in this look.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this for office meetings or conferences to look special.
- Best Season to Try: Any time of year is good to go in this style.
18. Dapper Black Hairstyle:
The next in one such professional yet dapper and stylish look is this one. Wear this if you are willing to look handsome and stylish without fail. Despite any age transformations and styling methods, one can look appealing and stylish in this look. This undercut fade male is amazing, and among our favourite ones right now. Despite your age group, you surely are going to seize the day with hotness!
- Matching Hair Type: Short any hair texture can try this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Try this with the oval and elongated face shape.
- Best Age Group: Men above 40 years can look dashing in here.
- Suitable Outfits: Formals, as shown, can look handsome in this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this for office parties or corporate events.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the perfect time to try this look.
19. Super Hero Style:
Here comes the popular superstar Chadwick Boseman haircut look. We all know the famous character of him in Black Panther and Marvel movies. We all love the way the style can possibly look overall. Men who want to have a smart yet easy to maintain style can try this lookout. It is quite effortless and easy to manage as well and yet manages to impress everyone possible here with the result.
- Matching Hair Type: Curly hair texture is the best to look in this style.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for an oval and round face shape.
- Best Age Group: Men in their 30s can look youthful and stylish in this one.
- Suitable Outfits: Look dashing by wearing both formals or casuals as per the event.
- Perfect Occasion: one can wear this customized to versatile events like offices, parties or date nights.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are the right seasons for this one.
20. Cross Head Braids:
Here comes our famous look. ThisErikkillmonger hairstyle name style is not easy to recreate as you may think. One requires professional assistance to do these cross braids look. If you have medium hair length and think you can style this across and maintain it well, you can go ahead. However, make sure you have good patience and time to maintain the style well else, the hair may get damaged. Try this look, and you surely are going to stand out.
- Matching Hair Type: Men with curly hair can try this short deadlock style.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for an elongated face shape only.
- Best Age Group: Men in their late 20s and 30s both can look in this style.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this one with casual and semi-formals looks.
- Perfect Occasion: Dinners and parties both are good to go in this style.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are a good time to try out this one.
21. Short Dark Cropped Curls:
Here come the popular African American boy hairstyles. If you are fond of having decent men look and curly hair, then what best than this look? This is stylish and has tight curls around it. It will add new style and smartness to the look naturally without any effort. You can easily try out on different occasions and look super dashing despite any event.
- Matching Hair Type: Curly hair men can try this lookout.
- Preferable Face Shape: If you have a round face, you can rock this look.
- Best Age Group: Wear this for men in their late 20s and early 30s.
- Suitable Outfits: Wear this with casuals or formal shirts.
- Perfect Occasion: Offices or dinners both are good chances to try this style.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is an apt time to work on this style.
22. Mohawk Fade Black Hairstyle:
In case you are looking out for Mohawk style, then this is an apt one. Seen here is flaunting this style with ease and handsome levels to high. Men who love to concentrate on their fashion statement can try this usher mohawk haircut out. Hence if you have any fashion sense and priorities to look smart and dashing, then this can be the best option for you at all times!
- Matching Hair Type: Curl hair texture is good to go in this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round and square face shapes are the best fit for this variant.
- Best Age Group: Wear this for any age after 30 and below 50 years.
- Suitable Outfits: Formals or casuals as you wish both can fit in.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this for parties to look handsome and smart.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is an apt time to try this look.
23. Bald Look:
Bald is the new gold. In case you are sceptical about this look, remember several celebrities also have similar styles in the present style industry. These fabulous black hairstyles for men are among the most popular right now and look stylish and handsome. Though not something to do as a style, this bald look is a style in itself. If you are comfortable enough, then you may try this. A bald look is always common amongst black hair men, so one may try this.
- Matching Hair Type: Men with no hair can do this bald fade haircut.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval and round faces both can suit it well.
- Best Age Group: Men above 40 years can rock this style.
- Suitable Outfits: Formal shirts and blazers go well in this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this for formal looks and occasions.
- Best Season to Try: Any season and time of year are good to go at this style.
24. Box Fade:
If you’re looking for black hair boy haircut, then this is it. This is the classical haircut which consists of tapering down the short length with a rectangular top. The haircut structure will depend upon your style, but it is advisable to keep the top compact with the sides small.
25. Afro Fade:
This is one of the most enjoyable hairstyles for black hair to grow. Here the haircut is similar to that of Box Fade with the tapered sides, but the top part is left to grow without any problems.
26. Short Part with Fade:
This can be one of the most perfect boy haircuts. The idea is that the hair is separated with a part line that acts as fashion flair, along with the shaved sides. This could have been a standard haircut if not for the part line, which takes it to a whole new level.
This is one of the most unique men’s haircuts. Instead of going by your normal hairline, this will make you go for a straight hairline with some nice sharp angles. This haircut looks special, but you need to keep it maintained often, otherwise, the total look would be wasted. This haircut shows your eyes and eyebrows more.
This is indeed one of the nicest looking black haircuts men. If you have thick hair, this is for you. You will need various products and brushes to keep the wave process going. Talking to the barber will reveal more tips and tricks on how to manage the wave. Really looks cool.
29. Curls with Fade:
If you’re thinking about black haircuts, then this should be your best option. Some people have curls that are loose, and thus, along with undercut and fade, this haircut will look fantastic. It is suggested to let the curls grow on their own and create their own unique looking identity.
Read: Short Beard Trim
30. Afro American Boy Look:
Here is an Afro American inspired hair look. Here the curly hair is grown all around, and a black hairband is inserted to get that symmetric look. While we are in awe and puzzled by this new fashion sense going around, we are also thrilled with this unique look. It looks super neat and fresh too. What do you think?
Possible Style Ideas:
- Preferable Face Shape: Boys with oval and elongated face shapes can be better in this look.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this look during any season as one may wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Prefer this style for boys in high school age than younger ones.
- Matching Outfits: Nice formals can be best in this look.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style during school events and formal functions.
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly hair texture can be the best fit and apt one for this hairstyle.
- Make sure the braided looks are well maintained as it may damage hair if not taken well care of. Men can try it out with professional help.
- Make sure to take care of hair regularly with most of these styles as they require immense heat at times.
- Nourish and moisturize hair very well to make sure hair is well conditioned and soft.
- Trim hair every four months, to maintain the same hairstyle.
- Apply the hair gel and creams to make sure the cut and style stay in place without budging when out in long hours of work or day.
- Take expert help with haircuts only to make sure they are cut properly and without any errors.
Given the several popular black hair men’s hairstyles, now you can get to choose your favourite one. Try this style as per your events, career and facial features, and you sure are going to rock the look. These are not very common cuts and yet known to look stylish and dashing. Hence the result on you is surely going to look dapper and stylish! Tell us which men’s haircuts you are going to choose and try on. We love to hear from you!
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
Q1. Is braiding regularly good for hair?
Ans: Braids generally pull in the roots and damage the scalp. Hence braids can be done if you make sure that you take good care of your hair and follow your hair care routine regularly without fail.
Q2. How often should the braids be changed regularly?
Ans: If you have extreme braids, better to change them once in seven to eight weeks for optimum hair care, this should be done by professionals only at any cost at an expert hair parlour to protect braids and hair.
Q3. How often trimming of hair is good when maintaining short haIfcase you want to have short hair, you can cut hair once in 6 weeks for best looks. This helps to keep the haircut also well and sharp edges with balanced trims.
Q4. Can long hair haircut suit young teenage boys?
Ans: Yes, long hair can suit even teens despite age. Make sure you do some youthful hair braids to look handsome and stylish.