We are sure, and you may be wondering what these black hairstyles are! Well, while having numerous styles and ideas to try out regularly as per events, those who have an eye for fashion and unique style can prefer these looks.
These are among the latest hairstyles for black hair women which are elegant, versatile and trendy. They suit the modern era and age, which go in the array to look trendy and hot. These special and custom made styles are sleek and can look good for several age groups and occasions, as per your preferences. Now get started and continue reading more on these beautiful looks to create a new edge!
20 Best Hairstyles for Women with Black Hair 2023:
Be it for black hair women. These are among the latest trend widely followed all across the globe.
1. Easy and Simple Loose Rolled Braid for Black Hair:
Many girls love simple looks and charming styles. The reason is they are gorgeous, easy to do and save a whole lot of time. Here is one such favourite option for us to try out. The hair here is taken from two sides to do a messy kind of loose puffy braid and is secured with elastic. You can also see hair rolled around elastic to add a spark to the entire look further. What do you think of this one? Those black hair girls should not miss this look!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early to late 20s can ideally try this charming style.
- Matching Dresses: Flaunt this style with a traditional gown or dress to perfect looks!
- Best Occasion: This style can be useful to go during festivals or simple family gatherings.
- Suitable Season: Wear this look during the spring and fall seasons!
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, oblong, and rectangular face shapes can be a perfect and apt fit.
2. Loose Side Pony:
African American long hairstyles are quite famous for their versatile and diverse range of options. Here is one such easy to go yet elegant and classy one to choose from. If you have long hair, this hairstyle is quite easy to do – just take all of your hair towards one side and do a side pony. Let a bit of hair section be loose around your side forehead to enhance your looks further!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women in the age of 30s and 40s can be quite trendy in this style.
- Matching Dresses: Nice knee-length dress or beautiful contemporary gown, both can add grace to this look.
- Best Occasion: Wear this kind of style for social gatherings and events at night.
- Suitable Season: Winters and fall can be the right time of the year to flaunt in this style.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, rectangular, and diamond face shapes can be a right and apt fit.
3. Stylish and Elegant Loose Hair:
These gorgeous waves and sexy vibes can be quickly taken forward with this simple yet vibrant hairstyle. Here come another black hairstyles for wavy hair, inspired by this afro woman. As simple as it can get, this look is super stylish and smart, comfortable to do and maintain too. This is the fashion industry-approved look all across the globe and can never go wrong!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women from 20s to 30s, all of them can try this style.
- Matching Dresses: Wear this look for a cute knee-length dress or maxi.
- Best Occasion: This look can be achieved perfectly for night time parties or cocktail gatherings.
- Suitable Season: Winters and monsoons are the perfect time of the year to flaunt this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, diamond and rectangular face shape can be the best fit.
4. The Curly Thick Style for Black Hair:
Ever heard of weaves? Here is one such inspired hairstyle for those who have the curly texture of hair. The hair looks quite thick and dense, so you can easily take advantage of that and flaunt in this fabulous looks without a doubt. You surely would receive great appreciation from the crowd. It looks classy, vibrant and quite chic!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: All the young women and girls in their 20s can try this look.
- Matching Dresses: Nice sleek dress or skirt and tops can be the best option too!
- Best Occasion: Wear this kind of look for college fests or office parties, as concerned.
- Suitable Season: Winters may be a perfect time and romantic season to flaunt this lovely style!
- Preferable Face Shape: This is the right long weave hairstyle inspired to look for oval faces.
Read: Pictures of Medium Black Hairstyles
5. Bangs for Long Black Hair:
If you are a sucker for bangs and want the bubbly charm going around you, what best than this black long hairstyle with bangs? We quite love the way it turns out, and we see many celebrity-inspired looks in the same fashion. What best than trying out the most popular and chic look across the globe? Get this haircut done from the right hairstylist for the best of your looks!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women in the 30s and 40s can look youthful in long hair with bangs.
- Matching Dresses: Wear this with a nice professional shirt and skirt to look fabulous.
- Best Occasion: This look is undoubtedly best for workwear or parties.
- Suitable Season: Any season is quite perfect and ideal for this versatile look!
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, heart, and oblong face shapes can go suitable here.
6. African American Inspired Layered Haircut for Long Curly Hair:
Beach curls are favourite for many girls all across countries. Here is one such inspired imitating look, the famous African American inspired long curly hairstyle. This look is quite natural to achieve if you have good curly hair; just leave it aside as shown in the picture above and you surely are going to rock in the style statement. This vibrant and plush fashion is in trend these days, and we cannot believe how easy it can be to achieve for those with fine and black healthy curly hair!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age group below 50 years can imitate this style.
- Matching Dresses: Wear this style with your favourite western wear or a lovely party dress, as you wish.
- Best Occasion: This can go good with casual to formal, or party styles!
- Suitable Season: Winters, monsoons, and fall season are good to go in here.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, square, and round face shape can try this style.
7. African American Inspired Braids Hairstyle for Long Black Hair:
These gorgeous, intricate tiny braids can fascinate many young fashionistas. Why not – they look very unique and fashionable. This braided long hairstyle is not at all easy to achieve – while we assert one requires patience to get this look, there also needs to be professional braider to do the same. But if you can catch hold of someone like that, do not lose this one!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women of any age group!
- Matching Dresses: Try this style with flowy western dress only.
- Best Occasion: This is the right style to try during parties or social gatherings.
- Suitable Season: Any season is good to maintain and try this haircut.
- Preferable Face Shape: Square, heart, and oval face shape can look into this style.
8. Double Side Braids for Black Hair:
These kinds of two pigtails inspired sided braids are most common for kids in schools. For those who love to redo the same look and try the same, here will be the result as follows. This style is super easy to recreate and looks super cute and charming too.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women in before the mid-20s can prefer this look than others
- Matching Dresses: Wear this style with skirts and jumpsuit options
- Best Occasion: This is an excellent style to try during family outings or gatherings
- Suitable Season: Summers is a good and perfect time for trying this look
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this style for any face shape, as it is quite versatile.
Read: Braided Pigtail Hairstyles for Black Hair
9. Asian Twist Hairstyle for Medium Black Straight Hair:
We quite love the way these loose curls look with black shiny and medium hair is versatile and can be used for several occasions and age groups. This is simple to go to look, which looks charming, graceful, elegant as well as professional and formal too. This all in one look is also good to do when you have to change your attire a couple of times in the day, for multi-event purpose!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 35 years can prefer this look than others.
- Matching Dresses: Wear this style with a skirt and formal shirts or with a long dress.
- Best Occasion: This can be a good medium wedding hairstyle for black hair, or even be used for events such as ball and prom. You can even turn as a professional look with natural hair.
- Suitable Season: Any season is good to go in this style.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for heart and diamond face shape.
10. Braided Bangs for Black Hair:
Let us end the style craze for such black hair ideas with this gorgeous and lovely style. We quite love the way this is turned into; while there are tiny bangs to her, we can see the hair braided towards one side and the other hair left open. The result is quite fascinating and exciting. It looks beautiful!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s to late 30s can prefer this style idea.
- Matching Dresses: Wear this look with a cute shiny knee-length dress or frock.
- Best Occasion: One can use this for wedding parties or tie a similar black hairstyle for cocktail events.
- Suitable Season: Winters are perfect for this look!
- Preferable Face Shape: This kind of similar black hairstyle is suitable for oval, long and oblong faces.
11. Smart Black Hairstyles:
Here comes a smart black hairstyle. In case you have dense hair, then there is nothing like getting up for this dense rolled up and pinned hairstyle. The hair here is pinned in three rolls and looks elegant and classy without a doubt. Those who love to have an ethnic and traditional look should not miss this style out at any cost. They are best suited to black hair women!
- Suitable Hair Type: Straight and dense hair women can try this style out.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this if you have an oval and elongated face shape.
- Preferable Age Group: Women in 20s and 30s are best fit to try this latest style out.
- Perfect Outfits: Nice ethnic dress or western dress both can fit well in this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Weddings, family celebrations are a perfect occasion for this hairdo.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this latest hairstyle for black hair during winters and monsoons for best looks.
Read: African Hair Braiding Styles with Beads
12. Curly Different Hairstyles for Black Hair:
In case you possess curly hair, then you are blessed to try out this hairstyle. This look can go on to be the simple yet classy and edgy look. This elegance and sleekness cannot be beaten with style. Women can look quite graceful and special in this. Try this style out if you want to look classy and graceful regularly effortlessly. This is otherwise called a simple weave and curly black hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly hair women are a perfect fit in this style.
- Suitable Face Shape: Oval, elongated and square face shape women can try this style out.
- Preferable Age Group: Those below 35 years can be perfect to look in this haircut.
- Perfect Outfits: Western wear and dresses or maxis can be a perfect fit in this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Office wear, or parties are good to go in this style.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good season to try out this black haircut.
13. Wavy and Silky Black Hairstyles:
Who does not love to have luscious and sexy hairstyle? We all at least surely dream of having that perfect princess kind of haircut look. Here is one such option. If you are young enough and have that nice hair texture and length, then you must try out this as black hairstyles for prom. This is the most wanted and popular hairstyles for young women who love to look and grab all that attention one wants to have.
- Suitable Hair Type: Wavy and silky hair can go well in this hairstyle.
- Suitable Face Shape: Oval, round and elongated face shape must try this out.
- Preferable Age Group: Women in 20s are totally good to go in this look.
- Perfect Outfits: Wear western dresses or skirts in this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: Go for parties or prom or dance night in this nice hairstyle.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go totally in this look.
14. Trendy Black Twist Hairstyles:
This black hairstyle for Twist curly hair is among the most youthful and radiant looking haircut ever, especially if one is young and want to experiment in new looks. The rolled-up black twist hairstyle here looks elegant and trendy and makes one look super edgy too. In case you are interested in experimenting new looks, there is nothing like this stylish, trendy look one would come across.
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly and wavy hairstyle texture can go well in this look.
- Suitable Face Shape: Oval and elongated face shape women can try this style out.
- Preferable Age Group: Women in 20s and 30s can fit in this look well.
- Perfect Outfits: The western dress is apt and good going to look stylish in this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: This look to try in parties or dinner events to look trendy and edgy.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is perfect time and season to fit in this well.
15. Curly Black Hair:
The last in our black curly hairstyles is this gorgeous natural curls and style around. If you have dense, thick black hair with curly texture, then this is best for you than others. This style requires natural curls to flaunt it out in confidence and style than others. Hence leave it out and flaunt it in confidence and you will surely nail this style than others.
- Best Face Shape: Women in any face shape can try this style out.
- Best Hair Type: All you need is good curls to try this one.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this for any age group as you deem fit.
- Perfect Season: Women can try this during monsoons and winters only.
- Preferable Outfits: Casuals or ethnic wear both can suit this style.
- Suitable Occasion: Wear this for family gatherings or outings.
16. Straight Short Hair with Bangs:
Here comes a great simple straight short black hairstyle if you have very long extensive hair. This style can be super effective and efficient for women who have time to manage. Here the bangs are added near the forehead to add to the look and to make it look unique and stylish. If you want to try out this short hairstyle, make sure you take good care of the hair as well.
- Best Hair and Face Shape: Round and square face shape with straight hair type can try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 30s can look radiant and stylish here.
- Perfect Season: Winters and monsoons are best suited to try this style.
- Preferable Outfits: Wear casual outfits like jeans and tops in this look than others.
- Suitable Occasion: One can wear this style for dinner dates or parties.
Read: Short Hairstyles for Black Hair
17. Black Pony Hairstyles:
In case you are someone who loves updo hairstyle or pony variant, this goes even with black hairstyles. Try out this one, in case you have a bit of longer to medium hair length. This haircut even comes with bangs falling on the forehead. This style, while is not known to many previously, is now totally in trend and style already. Many young women prefer it, especially with bangs, as it makes one look youthful.
- Suitable Hair Type: Straight hair is good to try this different hairstyle for black hair.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this style with the oval and elongated face shape.
- Preferable Age Group: Women in 20s and 30s are a perfect fit here.
- Perfect Outfits: Wear this with western or ethnic wear as you wish.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is suitable for outings with friends or parties or even family gatherings.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is an excellent time to try this style out.
18. Simple Black Bun:
Are you a fan of simple looks? Then you may want this top black bun hairstyle look. This is a simple and easy to do look at, all you need to do is tie up the hair in the natural way high above. Women who also have thin and less dense hair can try this style out. It is easy and hardly takes any time to do as well. You can appear gorgeous even in simpler terms, and this is absolute proof!
- Best Hair and Face Shape: Round and oval face shape and simple silky hair can try this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in the age of early 20s can try this look than others.
- Perfect Season: Summers is the best time to try this style.
- Preferable Outfits: Wear this with easy-breezy skirts outfit to look good.
- Suitable Occasion: One can wear this for casual outings with friends or family.
19. Black Simple Wavy Hairstyle Leave Over:
If you love mild and soft curls and looking for leave over hairstyle, this thick black hairstyle is what you may be looking for. This style is trending and stylish for a reason, and it looks super sexy, elegant, pretty and edgy too. Women who love to flaunt in style well with effort and elegance should try this style out. It makes one appear as a fashion statement and surely will give that limelight on you.
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly and straight hair type can try this style out.
- Suitable Face Shape: Wear this style for any face shape as you wish.
- Preferable Age Group: Women in 20s are only best suited to try this stylish haircut out.
- Perfect Outfits: Wear this with jeans, skirts or dresses as you wish as it suits all.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can wear this to parties or special events too.
- Best Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are the perfect time to try this out.
Read: Best African Hairstyles for Women
20. Cute Half-Pony:
If you have black jet hair and have a small body structure, then you may want to flaunt out this cute pose as yet right. This is among the black hairstyles for thin hair, which are quite easy to do. All you need to do for this is lift the hair to half-pony kind of texture. You can look cute and appealing in this look and overall, this does not take time to do as well.
- Best Hair and Face Shape: Women in oval and round face shape and straight hair only can try this one.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 20s are best suited to this look than others.
- Perfect Season: Any season around the year is good to go in this style.
- Preferable Outfits: Shorts and the cute, quirky top can look gorgeous here.
- Suitable Occasion: Wear this for date nights or movie outings.
21. The Elegant Bob for Black Hair:
If you are a fan and sucker for short hair and want to try out a gorgeous variant of bob, then you may want to choose this one. This straight bob haircut is a gorgeous and stylish one which is quite normal, maybe to witness but evergreen in a fashion statement. So women who love to flaunt it out and yet stay stylish in their comfort zone should not miss this one.
- Best Hair and Face Shape: Round and elongated face shape and straight hair can try this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in the ages of20s and 30s both can try this style.
- Perfect Season: Summers and fall is the best time for this look.
- Preferable Outfits: Shorts and skirts or dresses can suit this better than others.
- Suitable Occasion: Wear this style for date nights or outings for parties.
22. Street Side Black Hairstyle:
Are you looking out for fall hairstyles for black hair? Well, this may be the look then. This style is gorgeous and old fashioned in overall look, but is tempting to try out. Women who love cute styles and want to try out the gracious looks may prefer this one than the other bold looks. Try this style out if you choose to have a simple yet stylish face yet.
- Best Hair and Face Shape: All face shapes and short straight, or wavy hair can try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 20s and early age groups can look cuter here.
- Perfect Season: Summers and fall are the best time to try this one.
- Preferable Outfits: Short and skirts are best suited to this look than others.
- Suitable Occasion: Nice family outings or travel times are best suited to this look.
Read: Best African American Haircuts
Here are a few tips one must remember to maintain black hairstyles well,
- The braided hairstyle requires a lot of maintenance. Hence make sure you have regular spa done to nourish hair well.
- Proper hair moisturisation and nourishment is required to retain shine and health in hair with great hairstyles.
- Do the braided hairstyles with the help of a specialist and expert hairstylist for better results.
- Make sure to take an opinion on which one may suit you best along with your preference.
- Condition hair thoroughly to make sure hair is not prone to damage or breakage in these styles.
This guide on black hairstyles is not exhaustive, however, is giving an overview of the top latest and trendy black haircuts all across. These styles are fashionable, and hence one can choose what best they like as per occasion and preference too. Most of these styles are quite bold and stylish. Hence try these out and tell us how you feel about them. We love to hear from you!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Does Black Braided Hairstyles Suit Women above 50 Years old?
Ans: Yes, there are several kinds of braided hairstyles for women and hence once can easily choose the perfect fit and match black haircut which can suit well as per age group and preference. Try out the braid style, which can go well with a particular age group.
Q2. Does braided high pony look good on young women?
Ans: High pony braid look is generally in fashion right now and yet not popular. Young women around 30s can look useful than teenage girls in that look. Try it out if you have long hair length.
Q3. How often should I wash hair with braids?
Ans: Washing hair once a week is good enough and cleaning scalp is required during braid style. Depending on the type of braid hairstyle, you can remove it and keep them again as you wish or some braids are around for longer durations.
Q4. How long can I keep the intense braid style in place without removing it?
Ans: Generally, it is recommended not to keep hair braid more than 7-8 weeks to maintain hair health. This again requires a week break before you install them back on you. And this will let your hair have a chance and time to breathe in between.
Q5. Which black hair dye is good for hair?
Ans: We always prefer you to use natural hair dye ingredients than chemical-based products. Use henna, amla, or natural colours to let your hair remain black.