Bleaching the face has become one of the most common skin care routines for many people. However, what has changed over times is the way it is done. Much before the cosmetics made their way into the beauty arena, people have relied on the natural kitchen ingredients like tomatoes, honey, lemon etc – all of which are enriched with natural skin bleaching properties. With time, all of these properties have been combined in a single bottle and sold as ready to use cosmetic products. But before we tell you about the different kinds of bleaches, take a look at some of the age old face bleach used at home.
1. Lemon Extract:
there is nothing like a few drops of lemon for your face. The acidic property of lemon will help push off all the dirt from your skin and will tighten the pores.
- Take two drops of lemon squeeze and add three drops of water to it. Mix well and apply on clean and dry face.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes and make sure you don’t expose your skin to the sun that day.
Do this for about two weeks and you will start seeing immediate results.
2. Tomato Juice:
the next easiest ingredient always available in your kitchen will be tomatoes. Tomato juice will help balance the pH of the skin and will also tighten your pores. It also treats sun burn and can effectively reduce irritation and cure away the acne.
- In about 4 spoons of tomato juice, add a spoon of honey and blend well.
- Apply thoroughly and gently on your face and neck and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Wash with cool water and repeat this every alternate day.
You can also add curd to the juice instead of honey. Curd has proteins and will enrich your skin.
Bleach can be done on any day, whenever you can spare about 20 minutes. Most of them are almost always safe, unless you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Remember to always have a clean and dry skin before you apply them and once done, wash with cool water. Pat dry your skin and you will start to see results in less than three weeks.
The main agenda of bleach creams is to lighten the skin tone and give it an appealing brightness. The texture of the skin remains constant but the skin gets a fairer. Bleaching the skin might have some side effects but it can be avoided by choosing best quality bleaching products. Skin lightening treatments are expensive and not all of us can afford it and thus skin bleach products come at affordable costs. There are some risks in bleaching the skin as it could end up with acne and other skin infections. Nevertheless, some of them are formulated with the best products to offer you only the positive results.
Here are the two most important formula in your cream.
Hydroquinone is used in skin lightening treatments; it is also used as a raw material in the production of bleach creams. Hydroquinone creams are mostly used in parlors for skin whitening.
Kojic acid reduces the production of melanin in the deep layers of the skin, which result in fair skin. Continuous use of it can lead to skin cancer as the natural being of the skin is altered from within.
See More: Best Face Packs After Scrub
Choosing The Best Bleaching Cream:
Choosing the best bleaching cream is sometimes challenging. These products come in a variety and it is often hard to choose between them. Different brands suggest different uses and it might be confusing. To avoid this, bleaches could be chosen considering the skin types. Herbal bleach suits every skin type, but good quality bleaches should be chosen.
A de-tan facial is seen mostly to suit oily skin. A de-tan cream when used for these skin types will help down the melanin, thus bringing out some quick results.
Diamond facial is another kind of facial bleach that is meant for special occasions. They are also helpful for dry as well as oily skin. The experts typically use fine dust massage cream to help reduce the sign of ageing and fade the acne, thus giving a clear skin. Have a festival or occasion coming around? Don’t fret! Diamond facial bleach could be your savior.
The newest kind of bleach is the aromatherapy. This one is more of a therapy that has the ability to penetrate inside the skin, by way of analyzing your skin type and thus bringing out combinations of oil to be used with the base oil. The result is a shiny and glowing skin!
Bleach at Home:
- Another safest bet could be bleaching at home. Here’s how it is generally done.
- Apply pre-bleach cream on the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of crème and 1 teaspoon of activator thoroughly.
- Use a spatula or brush to apply the mixture.
- Do not apply the bleach around the eyes.
- Do not keep the bleach on for more than 15 minutes.
- Mild irritation is normal during bleach, but if irritation continues washes off.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
- Apply post-bleach cream and massage gently until it is completely absorbed.
5 Effective Face Bleach Creams Available in India:
We understand it can be pretty difficult to choose the right type of face bleach. So, we thought we will narrow down some of the types of best bleaching creams available. Take a look.
1. Jolen Creme Bleach:
This is probably one of the oldest in the market. Jolen Crème Bleach; it acts in minutes to give a visibly fair and beautiful skin. Moreover, it doesn’t leave the skin dry. It is also known to lighten you skin, remove the unwanted hair off your face. Jolen crème bleach is sure the healthy route to fairness. The product is priced at 230 INR for 250grams and has a rating of 4 on 5 stars.
- Pros: It contains vitamin E that is known to rejuvenate the skin and has no ammonia, thus giving you a good user experience.
- Cons: Watch out for allergic and burning sensation on the skin. For those of you who have a very sensitive skin, this may not be for you.
See More: Face Packs after Bleach
2. VLCC Insta Glow Herbal Bleach:
VLCC Insta Glow Herbal Bleach is a wonderful herbal based product that lightens facial hair and reduces dark spots, without harming the skin like chemical products. The herbal bleach ensures you suffer no irritation through its herbal extracts of cucumber, seaweed and tomato. All of these provide the essential nutrients to your skin, thus making it look full of life. The pack is priced at 56 INR for 59 grams and has a user rating of 4.3 on 5 stars.
- Pros: It is a very good choice for all those who have sensitive skin. It also claims to lessen the irritation on the face that may be caused by previously used products.
- Cons: The quantity might be too less for the price and the glow they promise, does not stand for a very long time.
3. Oxy Crème Bleach:
One of the most popular bleach cream brands is Oxy Crème Bleach that brings high quality. The product is suitable even for the most sensitive skin types and makes skin lighter and brighter, besides giving it a deep nourishment. It brings in active oxygen and infuses with the skin, thus giving a spotless and acne free skin. The product is priced at 80 INR for 27 grams and has a rating of 4.2 on 5 stars. The 27 gram pack can be used for about 3 times, and comes with a spatula, crème bleach, powder activator, a post bleach serum and an instruction manual.
- Pros: It is ammonia free and you will see an immediate toned and even looking skin.
- Cons: The product is not so easily available.
4. Fem Gold Creme Bleach:
Fem Gold Bleach Creme has been supplying to the needs of the Indian women for some decades. It contains natural ingredients that act very quickly on skin, leaving it fairer and softer. It also has no ammonia, thus ensuring it safe and smooth on skin. The product does not irritate the skin or cause any stinging effect. The product claims to come with real gold and its significant results have been attested by a lot of users. It is priced at 33 INR for 8 grams and has a user satisfaction of 3.7 on 5 stars.
- Pros: It contains no added ammonia and has only natural ingredients that allow your skin to shine and radiate. It removes the dead cell and prevents the growth of pigmentation cells, thus giving you a lighter shade to your skin.
- Cons: Test the product on a patch of skin and see if it suits your skin. It might not be too smooth on all skin types.
5. Olivia Herbal Bleach:
Olivia Herbal Bleaching Cream is one pleasing product for women with subtle skin; this gives a fair and radiant skin with its natural herbs, and causes no side effect. The product is also used for face, arms and body. It is priced at 240 INR for 270 grams and has a user rating of 4.5 on 5 stars.
- Pros: The product is herbal and can even out the skin color. It is also suited for all skin types.
- Cons: It can sometimes emanate strong chemical effect, but users have claimed that effect this does not have any adverse results on the skin in long term. It is also not readily available everywhere.
Natural and Homemade Bleach Creams:
Bleaching the face gives a bright look; using store brought products end up with some sort of impact on the skin. Natural and homemade products do not cause any side effects and are safe for use. And ‘do it yourself’ task is a quite an interesting one too.
1. Oatmeal and Olive Oil Natural Bleaching Paste: For a fitness freak, taking step to become more beautiful is just a doddle. Simple steps could be followed to enhance the beauty that is lying quiescent.
- Take 2 tablespoons oatmeal, olive oil and yoghurt in equal quantity. (1 tablespoon)
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste.
- Squeeze about two drop of lemon juice and apply on the face.
- Let its it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Pat dry skin, apply a moisturizer and experience the suppleness.
2. Milk Cream and Lemon Juice: This is on easiest and most effective facial bleaching mask for a brighter skin. Milk has natural cleansing property and the acidic nature of lemon can remove impurities from the skin. Here is how you can make a facial bleach out of them.
- 2 tablespoons fresh milk cream, a few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix the ingredients well until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Massage the paste on the face using your fingers.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes and then wash the face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this for a few consecutive days for a fairer complexion.
Side Effects of Face Bleach:
- It is normal to have mild irritation during bleach, but if it continues for a long time, wash the bleach off.
- Dark grey spot can appear when bleach is used continuously. Acne if not treated properly can peep out after using bleach creams.
- Long time use of bleach can result in skin cancer. Some skin types tend to thin over continuous use of bleaches.
- Persistent use of it can lead to neurological and kidney damage due to high level of mercury used in it.
- It can also cause increase in appetite and weight gain. Bleaching also allows fat to sediment on face, chest, upper back and stomach.
Additional Tips: Do’s and Don’t s
While you may always use the best cream available in town, there are still some tips you need to remember and keep in mind before you start to use them. Take a look.
- Cleanse the face before applying bleach crème.
- Pr-check if the cream is compatible with the skin.
- Neither overuse bleach product nor stop using it occasionally.
- Do a patch check before using.
- Do not wash the bleached area with warm water for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Do not expose to sun for a day after bleaching.
- Make sure to use sunscreens after bleach.
- Use a plastic or glass bowl instead a metal bowl as that might react.
- It is advisable to use bleach at night.
- Do not apply bleach on open wounds.
Whitening or lightening the skin is one fascinating thing among young people and among those beauty conscious people. Besides the risks and side effects of bleach creams it has been used by young people. Taking proper care after bleach can reduce side effects. Bleaching the skin can make it attractive and beautiful. So, why not to have a bright and fair skin.