Ever wondered how best you can style and transform kids to look at their best? Yes, we often forget about Kid’s style and statement in between these several emerging trends. Today we tell you the popular kids hairstyles braids. Yes, we all love braids, and they are quite popular across the globe for their versatile style and glamour. But kids require all together with a new braiding style which can be fun, quirky and funky just like they will love.
Hence here come the most beautiful and easy braids for kids. These are custom made to make them not just look trendy or set them apart but are rather contemporary, and they will love having fun with these styles. So keep reading to know more of this plethora of looks.
10 Beautiful Braid Hairstyles for kids with Pictures:
Here we tell you both cute braided hairstyles for kids, for both young and toddler girls. Our top ten are here!
1. The Twisted Tail:
When basic ponytails were a bit too mainstream, this mother came up with the awesome idea of combining braids into the everyday pony to spice up the look. This is indeed a very easy hairstyle where you start by gathering your hair in a pony and then securing it with a band. Now from one side section out a healthy strand of lock and braid it tightly. Without securing the end, snake, the braid around the pony and secure it at the end. This is among latest and pretty little girls hairstyles with braided hair.
- Matching Face Shape: Girls with round and oval face shape can try this one out.
- Matching Hair Type: Straight and wavy hair texture for girls is best suited to this one.
- Best Age Group: Girls below ten years can try this perfect braid style.
- Ideal Season to Try: This style is good to go during winters.
- Perfect Outfits: cute frock can be good if worn with this style.
- Suitable Occasions: Wear this while going out on special family occasions.
2. The Princess Crown:
For your princess, this time, try a new olive branch hairband look by simply incorporating braid to a daily hairstyle. Here the crown or the braid use hair in a braided form, and to get this look start by sectioning the locks from either side of your head and braid them eventually to meet in the middle where you can build up a pony or a separate braid from it. This is among quick braids for kids.
- Matching Face Shape: Oval, round, and square face shape girls can try this one out.
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair texture is good to go in this style.
- Best Age Group: This is best hairstyles with braids for little girls of age below 12 years.
- Ideal Season to Try: This look is suitable well and is good to go during summers.
- Perfect Outfits: One can wear any outfit of their choice for the kids in this style.
- Suitable Occasions: Wear this style while simple outings or occasions only.
See More: Latest and Simple Kids Hairstyles
3. The Rendezvous Point:
The easiest of the hairstyles looks the best on your hair, and here we use three simple braids to accomplish this look. Part the hair to one side and from three different sections build up to three braids only to make their ends meet at the side of your head. Secure a band and then gather the additional hair from the underneath and loop it into a side pony. This is among our favourite braided hairstyles for kids with short hair.
- Matching Face Shape: All face shapes can try this style out.
- Matching Hair Type: Straight hair texture can suit them best in this style.
- Best Age Group: Girls below eight years can look good in this style.
- Ideal Season to Try: Wear this style during winters and monsoons.
- Perfect Outfits: Nice shorts and t-shirts are good to go with kids in this style.
- Suitable Occasions: Wear this style during outings with family or playtime.
4. The Heart at the End:
To get this look, separate the hair from the middle and then start braiding it from the two sides. With soft pins attach the braids in a heart and secure the heart with a tie to maintain the shape. This is relatively a newer style of hairdo that is both exciting and cute. This also can be replicated well with black hair as children’s braids hairstyles.
- Matching Face Shape: Oval and heart face shape can try this style out.
- Matching Hair Type: Straight hair texture can suit this style than others.
- Best Age Group: Girls below 10 years can best fit in this look.
- Ideal Season to Try: Winters and monsoons both are a good time to try this one out.
- Perfect Outfits: Nice frock can suit them better in this style.
- Suitable Occasions: Picnics and birthday parties are a good time to go in this look.
5. The Criss-Cross Braid:
If you are looking something super cute for very tiny kids or toddler girls, then why not! Here we get you sorted. Start with a simple two-sided braid by gathering the hair from the front locks. Now cross over the braids to the other side, and French braid the rest to complete the look.one can also keep hair accessories like beads to look this stylish. This is among our most sought toddler braided hairstyles.
- Matching Face Shape: Oval and heart face shape with square shape can also fit them well.
- Matching Hair Type: Any hair texture can best fit in them very well here.
- Best Age Group: This cute style can be best with very tiny and toddler kids only.
- Ideal Season to Try: Summers can be the best time to try this nice braided style.
- Perfect Outfits: Wear this with cute loose frock only.
- Suitable Occasions: Simple family outing or playtime can be good to try this out.
See More: Braided Hairstyles for Girls in 2022
6. The Star-Studded Look:
Who does not like having a very cue and yet quick look to kids? Here is one such simple yet super smart one. To get this look start by twisting your hair into different locks and securing it, eventually creating a three-tier look. The end of the look can be secured with a lock from the flowing pony to hide the hairband.
- Matching Face Shape: Heart and elongated face shape kid can look good in here.
- Matching Hair Type: Wavy hair texture can fit them well in this style.
- Best Age Group: Girls below 12 years can try this out.
- Ideal Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this super cute simple braided hairstyles for kids.
- Perfect Outfits: Wear this with nice full frock to make girls look cute.
- Suitable Occasions: One can wear this for functions or attending any events.
7. African Inspired Kids Braids:
Are you looking out for African American kid braid hairstyles? Well, given these kid of stylish braids for kids are quite popular here is one which is most sought across the globe. This is among popular and stylish box braids hairstyles for kids. One can experiment with them with several looks and can always add hair accessories or beads of their choice, as shown in the picture; it will only enhance the style.
- Matching Face Shape: All face shapes can be good for this hairstyle.
- Matching Hair Type: Curly hair can be best suited to try this style out and can be a good look if the kid has longer hair texture.
- Best Age Group: Kids of age group below ten years can rock in this style!
- Ideal Season to Try: Summers and monsoons can be the best fit for this style.
- Perfect Outfits: Wear this style with a cute t-shirt and shorts.
- Suitable Occasions: One can wear this kind of look for normal outings or gatherings.
8. Cute Girls with Beads:
Here comes another form of cute kid hairstyles with beads. This style here is seen where there is a cross braid on the crown area, and pony in three levels is done in beneath section. This can be inspired in several ways and can be done intricately to elevate the style and trends. Try this out for trendy and smart look for kids.
- Matching Face Shape: All kind of face shapes can try this style out.
- Matching Hair Type: One can wear this kind of style for any hair type and can also be looked to try dutch braids for kids as one wishes.
- Best Age Group: Wear this for kids below 8 years old to suit them better.
- Ideal Season to Try: Summers can be the ideal season to try this style out.
- Perfect Outfits: Wear this with nice pants or short only.
- Suitable Occasions: School picnics can be a good occasion to try this style out.
See More: Most Popular Hairstyles for Girls
9. Fishtail Braid for Girls:
Here comes among popular fishtail braid kids style. Here this looks super cute with a nice bow elastic tied as ponytail at the end. Those who work on the smart and style sense for kids should not miss this style as it enhances one’s features and style as well. Kids can look edgy and cute in this one and surely will draw attention. One can even add good flower accessories in a similar way instead of bow hair clips.
- Matching Face Shape: Round and heart face shapes kid can wear this style.
- Matching Hair Type: Wear this for straight hair texture only for best looks.
- Best Age Group: Kids below 8 years can look super cute in this one.
- Ideal Season to Try: Wear this kind of fishtail or French braid hairstyles for kids during summers or winters.
- Perfect Outfits: This can be good with nice cute frock only.
- Suitable Occasions: Try this kids braid style out while going out for good events or parties with kids.
10. Waterfall Braid for Kids:
We all love experimenting with braids, and this kind of waterfall braids for kids can be amazing too. Here braid is brought in from the side, and hair is left open with soft curls. One can always add good hair accessories to elevate this style statement and make it into good looks with beads or flowers. The option can be altered further to braid the remaining hair or leave it over as shown in the picture, alternatively can also be tried with a braided ponytail for kids, as one wishes!
- Matching Face Shape: Heart and oval face shape can look good in this one.
- Matching Hair Type: Wear this style with nice soft waves or curls only.
- Best Age Group: Kids below 13 years can try this style out.
- Ideal Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are good to go in this style.
- Perfect Outfits: Nice frock or dress can only look good in here.
- Suitable Occasions: This can be good kids braids for school on a special occasion.
- Make sure you remove any kids braid styles by the end of the day to protect hair from frizziness and damage.
- Do not use hair heating equipment on kids to style hair. Do it naturally only.
- For styles like ponytail braids for little girls or heavy braids, one can always use hair spray at end to make sure the hair remains in place for long events.
- Do not let the hairstyle remain very tight and uneasy for kids.
- Shampoo before the day to let the hairstyle come very well.
- Work on good hair nourishing for kids and moisturising for hair to remain smooth and shiny.
These were our top and trendy picks for beautiful braids hairstyles for kids. Given these top looks, tell us which your favourite is. You can always add more enhancements to these styles to make them elevate the style with the help of hair accessories or beads. Share your ideas with us once you experiment with these styles.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Can there be similar boys braided hairstyles as well?
Ans: Yes, there are different types of braids for boys as well. You can let the hair grow a bit and leave it to a tiny braided pony as well if you wish so!
Q2. Will side braid hairstyles for kids suit those with a little higher age group above 13 years?
Ans: Side braids styles can always look good for kids of any age. You can alter the style as you wish as per age group. For those above 13 years, you can do nice French braid from the side and leave it like a pony or open hair as well.
Q3. Which hair accessories are good to enhance and alternate the kid’s hairstyles with style?
Ans: One can always change and alter the given styles as one wishes to. For good events and heavy styles, you can choose to add flower beds or flower accessories or similar ones such as elastics and pins form to pluck them on kids’ hairstyles to elevate the looks.