Who does not dream of a big grand wedding day? The wedding events are celebrated with a lot of pomp and grandeur, and fun all over the country. There are several ceremonies involved, and reception is one of them, and for decking up on the big reception day, it is not just the grand attire that matters, but hair as well. Bridal hairstyles for reception is hence here to help you out. Worry not as we have got you sorted out with some of the best bridal hairstyles for the reception that you can choose from for the special day.
Best and Perfect Reception Hairstyles for Bride with Picture:
Here are some of the best and top-rated bridal hairstyles for reception to check out. The most important part of your routine for that day should be giving some thought as to what hairstyle you should be opting for that would suit your face.
1. The Side Braid:
The side braid is the classic bridal hairstyle for the wedding reception that can be fit a wedding or a reception. This is the neatest way to achieving a trendy look where you can use a simple French braid to create an awesome hairdo for your special day. Use one part of the hair to create the braid and then infuse it in your bun.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this bridal style out if you are in your mid to late 20s.
- Matching Dress: Deck up by wearing a long gown or dress with this bridal hairstyle.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best wedding season to try this bride hairstyle out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This bridal style best suits women with the oval face shape and long straight hair.
2. The Back Rolls:
For the back rolls, all you need to do is keep your roller or curler ready to use to mark and sleek your hair down. Comb thoroughly through your hair and then leave the necessary front locks on the front. Now use the curler to curl and roll up the hair to create that perfect look.
- Best Season to Try: This style is best suited for all seasons equally.
- Matching Dress: Try this bun style with nice fancy saree or long dress.
- Ideal Age Group: Any women in their late 20s or mid-20s can try this one out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Rock this style if you have round, oval and square face shapes with any hair type.
3. Simple Bridal Bun Style:
This is a low hanging bun famous as a North Indian bridal hairstyle for reception. This one which is one of the most common yet one of the classiest looks for a perfect wedding. Style the front lock accordingly. You can use either wave it or keep it simple and straight. Gather the hair at the back of your head and simply tie it in a small messed up bun.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for the summer season.
- Matching Dress: This bun hairstyle is best with lehengas or gowns.
- Ideal Age Group: This hairstyle well suits women in their late 20s or early30s.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this style out for oval and round face shape and wavy hair texture.
4. Front Do Bridal Hairstyle:
A lot of times, you don’t feel like getting all decked up for the occasion, but your reception event calls for you to be classy and pimped up. At such a time, you can opt for the easiest and the most efficient look. Just use the front part of the hair to roll it and pin it up. This is one of the trending bridesmaid hairstyles for the reception.
- Matching Dress: This style best suits fancy saris well.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can totally rock this look.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon seasons are suitable for this hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: If you have an oval or diamond-shaped face with wavy hair, try this one out.
5. Bridal Curly Hairstyle:
Curls are a favourite and popular style for several women. This bridal hairstyle for wedding reception is among the most sought out, given the elegance and fanciness that comes in the way. This style is a good blend of elegance and simplicity fashionably. This definitely is going to make a style statement in case you can give it a try.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 30s can rock this look.
- Best Season to Try: This style can be worked well on any season.
- Matching Dress: Pair this with a long gown for the best classic look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: If you have a diamond or heart-shaped face, try this style out.
6. Heavy Braid Bridal Hairstyle:
When in doubt, go for braids. Having a bad hair day right on your reception day is simply a loss but don’t let this ruin your day. Braids can come to your rescue where a loose braid can make your hair look voluminous and classy at the same time. Use some embellishments or accessories if needed for that perfect look.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style in any season as you wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s or early 30s can totally rock this look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: If you have an oval-shaped face with curly or wavy hair, try this one out.
- Matching Dress: This South Indian bridal hairstyle for the reception is suitable for long ethnic dress or saree.
7. Vintage Bridal Hair:
Take each individual lock of hair and scrunch it up to get this mega trendy look. There are different types of waves. This one, in particular, is rather intense and called scrunches. This wavy hairstyle for a reception bride would give you the perfect messed up voluminous mass of hair you were looking for. While the big plans for the wedding still await, this scrunched up look can do well for the reception party.
- Matching Dress: Try this look only with long grand gown or dress.
- Best Season to Try: This style well suits winter and monsoon season.
- Ideal Age Group: If you are in your late 20s or your 30s, you can work on this well.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face type and wavy hair can suit this look well.
8. Puffed Ponytail:
This is an elegant look that is simple and yet trendsetting. Never going out of style is our long and sleeked down ponytails but what makes it trendy is the puffed-up hair at the front. Use teasing or simply bump-its to create a puff in the middle and then use the rest to tie it in a straight ponytail.
- Best Season to Try: Work on this style in summer.
- Matching Dress: Try this style with a fancy dress or lehengas.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can like the look well.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Any oval-shaped face with straight hair or wavy hair can try out this best look.
9. South Indian Elegant Style:
This South Indian bridal hairstyle for reception is quite elegant, unique and trendy. And this is a traditional look which has been followed from ages. Women love this look given the elegance, class and comfort which comes along with this hairdo. The long braid is decorated with flowers and hair accessories that are added and decorated to make them look more enhanced and unique.
- Ideal Age Group: This best suits women in their 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Any season you can use this hairstyle.
- Matching Dress: Try this out only with traditional South Indian sarees.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this style best for women of any face shape and any hair type.
10. Flowery Knot Style:
This hairstyle for bridal reception is quite known for its decorative nature. The knot is kept in the form of a flower and is well secured to the hair. The hair accessories are used to decorate the hair further well. This brightens the look with elegance, making it look classy as well as trendy. Women love this look given the pretty look it gives to the hair.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can try this style out.
- Best Season to Try: This style best suits any season as per the bride’s wish.
- Matching Dress: This hairstyle goes with long grand fancy dress or gown for the look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this look for an oval and round-shaped face with a medium hair length of any texture.
- Make sure to start preparations much before the wedding as this helps the hair shine and glow well
- Apply a good hair mask every week for at least two months before the wedding
- Hair serum is vital. Apply it on damp hair after hair wash
- Do hair spa before the wedding. This helps hair to be well conditioned and well-nourished.
Hope you liked the wide range of bridal hairstyles for reception. These are classy and still retain the traditional flavour within. Every bride wants to look elegant, trendy and stylish on her big day, and these looks are a blend of them. Let us know what you think of these looks in your comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. How to ensure that the hairstyle stays for a longer time on the big day without spoiling?
Ans: There are tricks to keep hair in place for long. To start with before hairstyle, apply good Argan oil and hair serum on damp hair. Before styling on dry hair, apply hair spray to set it in place. Do the same even after styling.
Q2. How to choose the reception dress as per hairstyle?
Ans: Take into consideration your dress for the hairstyle as they should both complement each other well. If you have less skin exposure near the neck, then a huge grand style bun is a good choice. If you have a deeper neckline and more skin exposure, work on a wavy hairstyle.
Q3. Before how much time should I have a haircut before wedding day events?
Ans: If you want just a normal trim, it is advisable to have it before a week, but if you want to do a good full haircut, then try and work on the haircut at least before 4 weeks of the wedding event.