Women cardigans are those things that every woman should have in her closet. These cardigan sweaters for women come in all types of shapes and sizes, and thus not all cardigan is created equally. There are many women cardigans out there are only great for a certain body type. And there are cardigans which can only go well with a certain outfit. The origin of the cardigan goes way back to the 1850s and 1860s and was invented out of popularity – being used by James Brudenell. The design of the women cardigan is made with the British knitted wool waistcoat in mind. During the 1900s, the women cardigan slowly became more popular, and more girls and women started using it as well.
Importance of Cardigans:
From an essential garment point of view, the best cardigans are more important in keeping your body warm during winters and other cold conditions. These women cardigans are made from various kinds of materials, and therefore each material has its own uses. For example, women cardigans made from cotton are great for summers. Similarly, from a fashion point of view, women cardigans are fantastic garments to layer with your outfit, in order to get that unique look. The perfect cardigan will really alleviate the looks of your outfit.
What Are The Cardigans Features?
- Ladies cardigan coats are made from various kinds of materials.
- Materials like cotton, wool, and cashmere are the most used materials for the manufacturing of cardigans.
- These garments help in keeping the body warm during winters and cold days.
- Cardigans also help in feeling you cozy and comfortable.
- One can use cardigans as a fashion item too as well, and therefore use it for layer on the particular outfit.
- Each cardigan is made for different body shapes and body sizes as well.
Which Age Group Women is Preferred Mostly:
Cool cardigans for women are not strictly made for a specific type of age group. They can be worn by any woman of any age group, without any type of problems. There are cardigans that are sold for the younger generation, and there are products that are sold for the middle and older generations too as well. Therefore, there should not be any problem to find a color and design for a cardigan that will suit your tastes in the best way possible.
Different Types of Womens Cardigan Designs with Images:
These types of cardigans for ladies are the perfect examples of timeless classics and also flexible sweaters styles as well, which can be used for autumn and winter too.
1. Belted Cardigan:
This is a unique looking black cardigan design, with the best kind of design. It has a belt that will go around your waist and can be tied down as well. This kind of cardigan is perfect for a casual look in the winters. The design is very simple, with minimal use of colors like nude and beige. The belt goes around the cardigan.
- Fabrics Used: This cardigan uses wool as the main constituent, along with mohair, polyamide, lurex and also elastin as well.
- Matching Outfits: Grey top along with beige pants or jeans.
- Length of Cardigan: It extends up to the hip.
2. Cardigan Vest:
If you want a long cardigan that is long in length and extends almost to your thighs, then this cardigan vents will definitely be perfect for your own use case scenario. This type of cardigan is great for casual outings and informal events. Design of the cardigan is pretty plain without much designs or work done on the body. The material is knitted, which gives it the stripes look.
- Fabrics Used: The main fabric that is used is cotton, along with 40% acrylic as well.
- Matching Outfits: One can easily pair this with blue jeans and a white top.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends up to the ankles.
3. Cropped Cardigan:
Sometimes buying a shorter sized white cardigan is the best way to look cool, and that is what is being shown via this cropped cardigan. The best part about this cardigan is that you can wear them with dresses and jeans alike. The design is very simple, with the minimal use of colors. It is full-sleeved, along with small silver buttons in the middle.
- Fabrics Used: In this cardigan, 100% acrylic is used as the fabric.
- Matching Outfits: Only just black jeans or pants will go great with this white cardigan.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends above the waist.
4. Hooded Cardigan:
If you are facing quite the coldest days in your place, and therefore need to cover up your hair from the snowfall and dry weather, as well as keeps your ears warm apart from looking cool, then this red cardigan will help you suit your needs in the best way possible. There is nothing much to say, as it is very ordinary looking in its olive color. The cardigan has two big pockets on either side. Also, it is full sleeved as well.
- Fabrics Used: 70% of the cardigan uses acrylic, while the rest uses polyester and nylon along with spandex.
- Matching Outfits: You can pair this with a black bodycon dress and black boots.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends over the knees.
5. Long Cardigan:
In case if you want a simple looking grey cardigan, with no such frills, then this should be your pick. The cardigan is full sleeved along with open front ends as well. The fabric quality is soft due to the use of nothing but wool as the fabric. It has a quite plain design with a pale color, and it has no such front buttons or even pockets as well.
- Fabrics Used: Nothing other than wool is used in this cardigan, and is well knitted.
- Matching Outfits: A black top with blue jeans will do perfectly.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends above the knees.
6. Open Blue Cardigan:
For summers, wearing an open blue cardigan is the best idea, as it not make you seat and will still help you keep your fashion quotient as well. The full sleeved open cardigan is also perfect to be used at parties and as a casual wear too. The cardigan has a simple design with a grey color palette that looks like a painting. There are no pockets or buttons, and the front is kept simply open as usual.
- Fabrics Used: Nothing other than cotton is used to manufacture this cardigan.
- Matching Outfits: A blue colored jeans along with a white top will look fantastic with this cardigan.
- Length of Cardigan: The length extends over the hips.
7. Tunic Black Cardigan:
These black cardigan women’s is perfect for any type of formal events, because of its classiness and professional looks. No doubt that this cardigan has a classy style and fashion that you can easily pull off. The cardigan is full sleeved, along with lacework on the front parts of the sleeves. The design is very minimal with the main color being grey. There are no buttons or pockets.
- Fabrics Used: Nothing other than polyester is used as a fabric for this cardigan.
- Matching Outfits: Grey tights along with beige sleeveless or half-sleeved top will be the best outfit.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends over the hips.
8. Zipped Cardigan:
In case if you are not a fan of many buttons and want something more sophisticated and easier to use for every day, then this best ladies cardigans should fit in perfectly with your needs. This cardigan has full sleeves. The design is very ordinary with a grey color, and the sleeves have elasticated ends on the wrists. The front has a long zip along with a collar as well.
- Fabrics Used: In this case, a cashmere blend is used for the manufacture of the cardigan.
- Matching Outfits: Black denim along with white top will be perfect.
- Length of Cardigan: Length extends below the waist.
See More: Cardigan Sweaters
9. Long Cardigans for Women:
Long cardigans for women are the perfect choice for those who want something to layer with their casual outfits. Sometimes, long cardigans for women are the best option for colder or harsher climates with low temperatures. It has a plain and ordinary design, with knitted patterns engraved on it. There are no such front buttons, but it does have some big pockets on either side.
- Fabrics Used: In this type of cardigan, mostly wool is used as the main fabric.
- Matching Outfits: A blue jeans and black turtleneck top should be worn.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends up to the knees.
10. Woolen Cardigan for Ladies:
Woolen cardigan for ladies have been a staple form of the garment during winters, and even to this date, it has been a classic as well. One can wear this type of woolen cardigan for ladies with any type of outfit, as it is very versatile. The cardigan has a V-neck design, with knitted patterns. The fronts have big buttons but no such pockets. It is also full sleeved as well.
- Fabrics Used: Wool is used as the main fabric material here.
- Matching Outfits: Wearing a black sheath or shift dress along with this cardigan will prove great.
- Length of Cardigan: Up to the waist.
11. Longline Cardigan Women:
Longline cardigan women are almost similar to long cardigans and therefore can be bought with the same fashion styles and necessities in mind. Also, the front of this type of cardigans is more open and acts as a type of blazers. Apart from being full sleeved, the cardigan has no much else designed to talk about apart from the grey. The front is fully open, with no such buttons or even pockets.
- Fabrics Used: Wool, polyester, and acrylic are the most used fabrics for this type of cardigans.
- Matching Outfits: Black and grey colored top, along with black jeans and black heels.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends just above the ankles.
12. Ladies Summer Cardigans:
Ladies summer cardigans are a great way of increasing your style and fashion in the hot weather seasons. These ladies summer cardigans made mostly from cotton and therefore will be perfectly fine to wear during summers. It has a material that is translucent and therefore is pretty lightweight on your skin as well. The front is open with no pockets or buttons, along with full sleeves too.
- Fabrics Used: Mostly cotton is used in the manufacturing of this cardigan.
- Matching Outfits: A black v-neck top with blue jeans should look fantastic.
- Length of Cardigan: The length extends below the hip.
13. Women’s Button Cardigan:
In case if you want your women’s button cardigan to come with buttons, then women button cardigan is the best type of garment you can buy right now. These cardigans are always full sleeved and come with a collar as well. The cardigan has a knitted design in beige color, along with big buttons on the front. The cardigan has a collar design too.
- Fabrics Used: 91% of the fabric used is acrylic along with the rest being nylon.
- Matching Outfits: Pair this cardigan up with a black top and blue jeans.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends only up to the hips.
14. Women’s Hooded Cardigan:
Women’s hooded cardigans are great to protect your hair from excessive cold and dry climate, and also look fairly stylish and fashionable as well. The hood of the cardigan mostly covers three-fourths of your head from the back side. A straightforward design is what drives this type of cardigan, along with full sleeves and front open as well. There are no front pockets or buttons as well. Also, it has a v-neck design.
- Fabrics Used: Fabric that is used here is a mixture of polyester, rayon, and cotton.
- Matching Outfits: White sleeved top along with blue jeans should do the best.
- Length of Cardigan: It extends on to the hips.
15. Net Cardigans for Women:
Even though cardigans are cozy and comfortable, sometimes, these garments can be uncomfortable for some. If you want a cardigan that is very much breathable for your skin, then, by all means, net cardigans for women are the best buy. Thenet cardigans for women have a perforated design with knitted fabric all over. The sleeves are full, and the front stays open with no pockets or buttons.
- Fabrics Used: Cotton, polyester, and acrylic are the most used fabrics.
- Matching Outfits: A beige colored top along with blue jeans will be the ideal solution.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends just below the hips.
16. Women’s Knit Cardigan:
Women’s knit cardigans look the most beautiful in person, as the whole cardigan is designed with a unique knitted pattern. These women’s knit cardigans are also full sleeves as well and are definitely a classic as well. The cardigan has a knitted pattern that extends all over the surface area of the cardigan. Apart from that, it has full sleeves, along with front pocket as well.
- Fabrics Used: Wool is used as the main fabric in this case.
- Matching Outfits: One can wear a turtleneck grey t-shirt along with black jeans for this outfit.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends up to your hips.
17. Women’s Cropped Cardigans:
Women’s cropped cardigans are actually perfect to be worn with formal or informal dresses or outfits, as it ends just above the waist. It not only gives you a fashionable look but also keeps your body comfortable and breathable as well. It has a plain design with vertical knitted stripes. The cardigan is half sleeved and also has a cold shoulder design too. There are buttons on the front with no such pockets.
- Fabrics Used: Most of the fabric is cotton, along with the addition of acrylic, nylon and also spandex too.
- Matching Outfits: You can easily wear this as a top with a boyfriend cut jeans.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends slightly above the waist.
18. Ladies Cotton Cardigans:
Ladies cotton cardigans are the best option when it comes to garments for the summers. These cardigans are easy to wear and keep it for longer periods of time on your body since the fabric is light and also as well. The main attraction is the blend of the colors that are used, with grey, pink and white as well. The cardigan is full sleeved along with a round neck. The front has no buttons but has deep pockets.
- Fabrics Used: Nothing other than wool is used as the main material in this case.
- Matching Outfits: A full white outfit with white top and white jeans will be the best option, along with a white handbag.
- Length of Cardigan: The length extends just below the hips.
19. Women’s Printed Cardigans:
If you want a hint of a new design and looks and do not want a boring solid colored cardigan, then this should be your ultimate choice. These women printed cardigans come with designer prints on all over the surface area of the garment. The cardigan has ¾ quarters sleeves, along with white and designer prints on the front and back. The front is open with no such visible pockets or buttons.
- Fabrics Used: Cotton along with polyester is used as the main fabric here.
- Matching Outfits: You can pair this up with white shorts and grey colored top.
- Length of Cardigan: It extends upon your hips.
20. Fancy Ladies Cardigan:
Fancy ladies cardigan is like a matured version of printed cardigans. These type of cardigans have the best designs printed on them, with more types of creativity. Also, the artwork is also done on the collar and the sleeves as well. It has a very extravagant design with designer prints and artworks done all over the cardigan. Apart from that, it has a high collar, v-neck design and has no such front pockets.
- Fabrics Used: The main fabric that is used in this case is wool.
- Matching Outfits: One can pair this up with normal top and jeans, or even dresses as well.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends up to the hips.
21. Ladies Casual Cardigans:
If you want ladies casual cardigans that are perfect to be worn at parties and therefore want to improve your style, then you can go for this. This ladies casual cardigan is perfectly long in size and has an open front so that your main outfit can be shown off. With a mixture of grey and black in colour, this cardigan looks very cool and stylish. It has full sleeves with an open front and no pockets or buttons as well.
- Fabrics Used: The main fabric is wool.
- Matching Outfits: A mildly distressed jeans along with a white top should be the pick.
- Length of Cardigan: It extends up to the knees.
22. Designer Cardigans Women:
If you love prints and exquisite artwork, then going with a designer cardigans women will be the best worth for your hard-earned money. Each cardigan will come with a different kind of design that will definitely make you look more fashionable. The whole part of the cardigan is embroidered with nice looking designer artworks and prints. It also has artwork on the sleeves, which are ¾ quarters. There is also a waist belt too.
- Fabrics Used: The main material is cotton.
- Matching Outfits: You can pair this up with a blue sheath or shift dress.
- Length of Cardigan: Just up to the waist.
23. Women’s Boyfriend Cardigan:
This is a great looking, casual cardigan that will help you to be different and unique looking than the rest of the pack. Even though the design resembles more like a buttoned cardigan, still it looks fine without a doubt. It has a plain grey colored design, with front pockets and buttons on the middle as well. The sleeves are full and the front has a v-neck style.
- Fabrics Used: The main material used here is wool.
- Matching Outfits: Wear this women’s boyfriend cardigan with a white top and blue jeans.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends just below the hips.
24. Ladies Cardigan with Pockets:
If you are a heavy smartphone user and want pockets in your cardigan to hold your mobile phone easily, this can be a good option nonetheless. Apart from that, you will get all the features that you expect from a regular cardigan. It has a silky smooth design on the exterior, with a shine. The sleeves are full, it is v-neck styled. The buttons are in the middle of the cardigan, and it has front pockets too.
- Fabrics Used: The main fabric here is wool.
- Matching Outfits: White top with blue jeans should be perfect for this ladies cardigan with pockets.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends up to the hips.
25. Sleeveless Cardigan Women:
In case if you’re not a fan of full-sleeved cardigans, then this should be your last resort. Sleeveless cardigan women’s is definitely much more comfortable to wear in temperate climates than normal cardigans. The design is pretty simple, with greater emphasis on the collar, and has an open front as well. There are no such buttons or even pockets as well.
- Fabrics Used: 95% of the material used is polyester and the rest is spandex.
- Matching Outfits: Black jeans with white full-sleeved top will be the best combination.
- Length of Cardigan: Extends below the hips.
The Dos and Don’ts of Wearing Cardigans:
- It is always recommended to buy female cardigans with the best quality materials.
- Make sure the cardigan suits your body shape and size when wearing, and fits in the perfect way possible.
- Plan to always use cardigans for layering on your outfits, as it will look fashionable.
- Wearing cardigans made from cheap fabrics will not be comfortable with your body and skin and thus not suggested.
- Do not wear cardigans that don’t go well with your personal style and body figure.
How To Style Cardigans?
- Styling unique women’s cardigans with various types of accessories like bags, scarves, belts, jewellery, etcetera, will help in upping the overall fashion quotient.
- Make sure that you keep the colour of your outfits to classic ones, which will help in accentuating the looks of the cardigans.
- Match the colour of your cardigans with your tops, so that it blends in nicely.
- For wearing shoes, you can go with either good looking heels like pumps or stilettos or even wear normal sneakers as well.
Finding a good type of cardigan is not easy. But if you follow the perfect resources and also the path, then you will get the best guidance and start to know about the products that are worth your money. And this is what it has been achieved via this article guide, which will help you have the best possible cardigan for your money. Confusion can be a key factor here with so many options out there in the market. If you are informed in the right way possible, then you will get the best kind of product for your hard-earned money.