What is An Armpit Lump?
Ever noticed any painful swelling under your armpit? Well, that can be an armpit lump.
An armpit lump or lump in armpit is referred to the enlargement of lymph nodes which are present under the arm. These oval-shaped lymph nodes play an important role in the immune system of the body.
Armpit lumps are quite common and they can vary in sizes as well. Some of them can be small while some of them can be bigger in size. You must take good care of the painful lump under armpit so that it may not impact any serious health problems.
What are The Main Causes & Symptoms of Armpit Lumps?
In most of the cases, the lump under armpit is caused due to the abnormal growth of the skin tissues. However, in some of the cases, these lumps under the armpit can also be caused due to some serious health problems. All the symptoms and causes of the painful lump in armpit should not be ignored and should be given the needed medical attention.
Causes of Armpit Lumps:
- Viral infections.
- Fungal infection.
- Bacterial infection.
- Vaccination reactions.
- Lipomas – the harmless growth of fat tissues.
- The growth of non-cancerous fibrous tissues.
- The growth of underarm cyst.
Symptoms Of Armpit Lumps:
Just like the various causes of lump in armpit, there are some evident symptoms of the armpit lump. However, the most visible and evident symptom of the armpit lump is the lump itself. Other than that, some of the other symptoms are as follow:
- Irritation in that area.
- Night sweats.
- Swelling under the armpit.
What are The Possible Dangers of Armpit Lumps?
The painful lump in armpit female can be a dangerous symptom of breast cancer. Women should see a doctor if the lump continues for quite a long time. On the other side, the lump under armpit male can simply be because of the growth of skin tissues and are not as dangerous as for women.
You must seek medical treatment for the lump under armpit male as well as for the painful lump in armpit female as they can cause:
- Breast cancer.
When Must You Consult a Doctor in Case of an Armpit Lump?
In most of the cases, that painful lump in armpit is quite normal and doesn’t really impact any serious dangers to the person. These lumps can occur in both males and females of any age and with any health condition.
Most of the armpit lumps are quite harmless and doesn’t require any serious medical treatment. If your lump is gradually increasing in size and is not going away even after the basic treatments, then you must seek the needed medical underarm lump treatment.
Homemade Treatments to Cure Armpit Lumps for Men and Women:
The following are the effective home remedies that can be tried as armpit lump treatment. You can choose any of the methods that suit you as all these homemade remedies are quite helpful in case of underarm lump. Have a look at the remedies:
1. Warm Water Compression:
This is one of the most effective remedies in case of armpit lump. The compression using the warm water will help in increasing the blood circulation and as a result will reduce the lump in size and pain.
How to Make:
The remedy is extremely simple to execute and requires the following ingredients:
- A towel.
- Warm water.
- You just need some warm water for this process.
How to Use:
Using this method is also very easy. Here are the steps that you need to follow for getting the maximum benefit from this remedy:
- Take the warm water in a bowl.
- Dip in the towel in the warm water.
- Remove the excess amount of water.
- Place the warm towel on the affected area or on the lump.
- Leave the towel for about 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the process 3-4 times on a daily basis for the entire week.
This remedy does not have any side effect as such and provides the needed help instantly. This method is the preferred choice of many people as it is simple, quick and does not require much of the efforts.
However, you must make sure that the temperature of the water is stable as the too high temperature of the water can cause burns on the skins.
2. Vitamin E:
The powerful antioxidants available in Vitamin E can be extremely beneficial for the painful lump under armpit treatment. Vitamin E can bring the needed relief in the underarm lump within a few days. Using Vitamin E not only helps in reducing the swelling of the affected area but also reduces the formation of fluid inside the lump. Further, it also moisturizes the skin around the lump.
How to Make:
- Use the available Vitamin E oil for the massages.
How to Use:
- Using the Vitamin E is quite simple. Here are the few things in which you can use the benefits of Vitamin E:
- Take a few drops of Vitamin E and massage over the lump and nearby area using the same.
- Do regular massages on the lump for about 4-5 minutes for effective results.
- For enhancing the results of the lump under armpit treatment you can also consume the Vitamin E supplements after consulting with your doctor.
- Also, you can enrich your diet with Vitamin E rich items such as almonds, spinach, olive oil, avocado, etc.
Talking about the side effects of this remedy, the only thing that you must take care of is to take the required amount of Vitamin E supplements. Also, you first consult with your doctor before starting with the supplements.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is yet another popular and effective underarm cyst treatment. It helps in reducing the lump size along with reducing its symptoms like pain and swelling. Also, the antibiotic and antioxidant properties of this remedy prove to be extremely beneficial for fighting against the infections along with delivering the proper healing of the lump.
How to Make:
For making this remedy, you need water, vinegar, and a towel. You just need to follow this one simple step for making the required mixture of application.
- Mix equal amount of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water.
How to use and Apply:
- Here are the following steps that need to be followed:
- Take the mixture of vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Dip a piece of cloth in the mixture and apply the same on the lump.
- Leave the cloth for about 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the same procedure for the entire week for 3-4 times a day for effective results.
- Use warm water for rinsing the area completely.
- Pat dry the area completely.
After you have applied the mixture on the lump, make sure that you clean the water and pat it completely dry so that the area is not under any wetness that may increase the infection.
With its numerous benefits, honey also helps in curing the armpit lumps. The antibiotic property of honey acts quite useful in the treatment of the lump. Honey reduces the pain along with the irritation and swelling of the affected area. If you are looking for a solution on how to treat lump under armpit then honey can be one of the best alternatives.
How to Make:
- Make use of raw honey as a curing ingredient for the underarm lump.
How to use and Apply:
- Take some amount of raw honey and apply it on the affected lump area.
- Leave honey for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it with clean water. You can make use of warm water for rinsing the affected lump area.
- Repeat the same procedure for 2-3 times in a day.
- Follow the exact steps for about 1 week for witnessing the effective results.
Without any doubt, honey has no side effects when being used as a treatment for the armpit lump. In fact, honey delivers many other benefits to the skin like nourishing and moisturizing the skin along with curing the lump.
These are some of the effective homemade remedies that can deliver the needed solutions on how to treat armpit lump.
Additional Tips to Keep in Mind to Deal with Armpit Lumps:
Though you must seek the homemade remedies in case of an armpit lump and should consult a doctor in the adverse conditions, there are some of the other additional tips that must be kept in mind. The additional tips will help the lump to disappear easily and will also help in reducing the pain and itchiness in the affected area.
Here are some of the relevant tips that you can follow with the armpit lump treatment:
- Do not shave the area till the time treatment is going.
- Avoid excessive sweating in the underarm.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes.
- Take immediate bath after working out or when you feel excessive sweat underarm, to avoid the bacterial growth.
- Try warm baths for reducing the pain.
The treatment of the armpit lump depends upon what causes lumps in armpits. Even if the lump doesn’t look anything serious, it is advisable to yet consult a doctor so as to sure about your condition. Though not all the lumps are dangerous it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Do write to us for any of your query or doubt regarding the armpit lumps by commenting below. Our experts will get in touch with you with the best possible solutions.
1. Are all The Armpit Lumps Cancerous in Nature?
No, not all the lumps under armpit are cancerous in nature. But unfortunately, some of the armpit lumps do have cancerous symptoms. To be sure if you have a cancerous lump, you must keep a check on the growth of the lump.
Along with this, you must also keep in mind, what causes lumps under armpits. If you find any of the causes making your condition serious, you must visit a doctor and get the lump checked for cancerous presence.
2. Are The Homemade Remedies Effective in Curing The Armpit Lumps?
Homemade remedies are quite effective in fighting against the armpit cyst which is one of the major causes of the armpit lump. You must choose one suitable homemade remedy according to the condition of your armpit lump. You can also relate to the various lump in armpit pictures if you are not sure about your armpit lump condition. However, all the homemade remedies are prepared by keeping in mind, what causes lumps under armpit and thus deliver the needed results.
3. Do all The Armpit Lumps Releases Fluid?
No. Not all the armpit lumps releases fluid. Most of the lumps are generally harmless and therefore, does not cause any kind of problems. But, the painful lump under armpit female or the painful lump in armpit male which is not going away even after the homemade treatments and is also growing in size can later become a lump which may release the dangerous fluid. You must consult a doctor if the lump has started releasing fluid.