Coconut oil or nariyal tells it is affectionately called is definitely a boon in disguise for human beings. For long, lustrous and beautiful hair, coconut oil is the best choice. The oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which fight against various hair problems like dandruff and itchy scalp. Since, it is a rich source of nutrients like vitamin E, iron, and vitamin K, it can work effectively on hair.
It improves blood circulation which in turn provides the hair follicles with the required amount of essential nutrients and oxygen. It promotes hair growth and rejuvenates dead hair cells. Coconut Oil is absorbed well by hair shafts which protects it and makes it thicker. Regular application of the oil helps in retaining more moisture and protein. Regular usage of hair styling products results in split ends and breakage. Coconut oil prevents breakage resulting in longer hair strands.
Composition of Coconut Oil:
This is no secret that coconut is definitely a brilliant option for your hair but moreover, the dominant question here remains, what are the constituents that make coconut oil such a hit? It has different elements that concoct the special properties that make your hair grow longer, stronger and more beautiful.
The main composition of coconut oil can be dissected into saturated fatty acids and monounsaturated acids.
♦ Saturated Fatty Acids:
The saturated fatty acids in the oil gels blend in with the hair fibres making them much more resistant to bending or breaking. The fibres otherwise rough and malnourished are infused with nutrition that brings up the strength level of the hair.
♦ Monounsaturated Fatty Acids:
The monounsaturated fatty acids take a part in building the bulk of the hair by nourishing the hair follicles. Coconut oil hair treatment thus not only helps you grow out your hair but also takes rough untameable hair and turns it super sleek and shiny. Coconut oil for hair growth is the best oil you can stumble upon.
♦ Vitamin K and E:
Vitamin K, mainly recognized as potassium is a good nutrition for your hair’s strength and volume to top off we have the goodness of vitamin E too which adds vitality to your hair whilst healing and repairing the damaged follicles or the weakened hair fibres.
[ See More: 10 Best Home Remedies for Hair Growth ]
Best Coconut Oil Brands For Hair Growth In India:
Let’s find here with mentioned top 5 coconut oil products for hair growth.
A. Parachute Coconut Oil:
What else is the brand that comes to your mind when we talk of the best coconut oil for hair growth? Remember those days when your mother used to pull your hair to apply them? Well, yes! Parachute deep conditioning oil is the most popular choice among the many brands.
B. Patanjali Coconut Oil:
Patanjali oil is the next best coconut oil for hair growth and is a popular choice. The brand is recognized and is effective when used regularly. The product claims it is also 100% edible.
C. Forest Essentials Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil:
This is the closest to raw coconut oil for hair regrowth. This organic product is fragrant and is totally effective. Priced a little on the higher side, Forest Essentials cold-pressed virgin coconut oil is the best treatment for hair regrowth.
D. Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil:
Vatika is another known brand of coconut oil. It is filled with the essentials of neem, amla, harad, and henna which makes your hair grow. Wondering how to apply? Take a sufficient quantity of oil and massage on to your scalp. Leave it overnight and wash off the next day.
E. Oriflame Nature Coconut Hair Oil:
The oil is fragrant and has 100% coconut oil. You can buy this online and is another best coconut oil for hair growth and thickness.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Hair Growth:
Straight from the grandmother’s mouth to the modern-day hair experts, coconut oil has never failed to impress us when it comes to taking care of your hair health. Here in this article, we will learn the benefits of coconut oil for hair along with how to use coconut oil for hair growth. We have put forward different methods and masks prepared with coconut oil that will make your hair healthy and promote hair growth quickly.
1) Hot Coconut Oil Massage For Hair Growth:
Ingredients: Coconut oil
Directions To Use And Apply:
- Take some oil in a bowl according to hair length and then microwave it for 30 seconds.
- In case you don’t have a microwave, boil water and put the bowl inside it.
- Take it out once the oil is warm.
- Ensure not to heat the oil directly as it may result in a loss of nutrients.
- Massage oil generously onto the scalp and rub the scalp gently to ensure that the oil spreads adequately.
- Massage the scalp for 15 minutes and then move to the hair strands.
- Leave the oil overnight and then wash the hair off with a good shampoo.
2) Mixture Of Oil And Shampoo For Hair Growth:
Amazing results can be obtained by mixing the shampoo with coconut oil (50/50 ratio). This is a very less time-consuming method with great results.
- Combine shampoo with coconut oil in an equal ratio.
- Apply on your scalp thoroughly and massage well.
- Wash off well with cool water.
See More: Almond Oil For Hair Growth
Coconut Oil Hair Masks For Hair Growth:
Coconut oil has diversified uses and it is definitely one of the best oils for hair growth. Try out the various hair masks and you will be left with shinier, smoother and silkier hair. Below we have a useful and effective hair mask with coconut oil that makes your hair healthy and solves all your hair-related problems.
1. Coconut Oil and Honey Hair Mask For Hair Growth:
- Coconut oil.
- Raw honey.
Directions To Use And Apply:
- One spoonful of organic coconut oil should be mixed with one spoonful of organic raw honey in a bowl.
- The prepared mixture should be applied from roots to ends, especially damaged ends.
- After keeping it for 30-40 minutes, it should be washed off with regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Soft and smooth hair is attained along with hair growth.
2. Coconut Oil and Olive Oil For Hair Growth:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
Directions To Use and Apply:
- Mix equal proportions of both coconut oil and olive oil and apply it to the hair.
- You can keep it overnight for the best results.
- Shampoo it the next morning for soft smooth and shiny hair.
- This will also promote hair growth and control hair fall.
3. Coconut Oil and Curry Leaves Mask For Fast Hair Growth:
- Coconut oil.
- Curry leaves.
Directions To Use and Apply:
- Boil some fresh curry leaves with coconut oil.
- These two should be boiled until the black residue is formed.
- Harvest this residue and apply it to your hair.
- Keep it for two hours and then wash it with a regular shampoo.
- Use this mask twice a week.
- It is a very effective tip for growing long hair and fighting against grey hair.
See More: Egg Yolk For Hair Growth
4. Coconut Oil and Banana For Dry Hair:
- Coconut oil condensed.
- Coconut milk.
- Mashed bananas.
- Egg yolk.
Method and Benefits:
This is a great homemade remedy for dry rough hair that becomes dull and lifeless easily. Applying normal coconut oil to it might weigh the hair down more which is exactly why here we add coconut milk, banana puree and egg yolk as a hair mask. The banana and the milk of the coconut keep hair supple and hydrated while the coconut oil and egg yolk moisturize, nurture and nourish the tresses. This coconut oil hair mask also helps to boost hair growth and stop permanent hair loss.
Other Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair:
If one yearns for shinier, thicker and longer locks coconut oil is the solution because it is enriched with lots of nutrients.
1. Kills the Lice:
Coconut oil consists of the properties of a sebum, which is why this oil keeps the scalp moisturized, preventing problems like itchy scalp and dandruff resulting from producing fungus and bacteria on the hair’s surface. It is an effective way to keep lice at bay as it has anti-parasitic properties.
2. For Itchy Scalp and Dandruff:
It is proven that coconut oil can treat the itchy scalp and dandruff effectively. Whatever sebum available in coconut can be defined as the body’s natural producing oil that imparts moisture and softness to the hair, scalp, and skin. The presence of sebum is definitely a necessity especially if you’re taking healthy skin and hair into account.
3. Keeps Fungal Infections away:
However, excess sebum can be bad as it weighs down hair and attracts more dirt and oil. Here, coconut oil forms a protective sheath preventing not only dirt and pollutants but also the harmful sun rays from damaging your healthy tresses. So apart from being a bonus sun-protecting hair oil, its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties can keep away any fungal scalp or hair infections including lice.
4. Repairs Hair Damage:
Yet another benefit of coconut oil is its ability to repair hair damage without actually participating in side effects. Mostly, hair damage occurs due to harsh chemical usage through various hair products like hair dyeing, heat styling and many more. The coconut oil is perfectly organic, safe to use, and will not cause side effects with the damages already done.
Coconut is filled with the goodness of essential oils and vitamins that will nourish your hair from the roots. Coconut oil for natural hair growth is the most resorted remedy for hair fall and for hair to grow faster. Try the various masks and brands today!