In case you are looking at haircuts which are easy to maintain, less time takes and yet are cool, then crew cut hairstyles are for you. Check out the best styling options as per crew cut trends at this season. They are lovely, easy to groom and are low in maintenance. Pick what best suits your face and hair type along with your personal for you. That’s why we’ve put together this lovely list of all the best crew cut hairstyles for you to choose from.
9 Latest Crew Cut Hairstyles for Men in 2020 with Images:
Let’s find the top 9 crew cut hairstyles with images for men in this season.
1. Dyed Crew Cut:
If you’re into men’s crew cut hairstyles, then definitely look into this option for sure. This haircut allows you to dye off your hair, in various colours. The sides are slightly fade, and while the top has very short hair. This haircut is a great looking option for people who want to keep short yet stylish hair.
- Preferable Age Group: This crew cut is best suitable for the age group after 25 for men.
- Best Season to Try: To try this crew cut style out in summer.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This haircut suits for oval-shaped face and all hair types.
- Matching Dresses: Try this haircut with casual outfits like T-shirts and jackets only.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for casual outings and gatherings with friends.
2. Longer Crew Cut:
This is one of the most popular boy’s crew cut hairstyles, particularly if you like long crew cut hairstyle. And this haircut allows you to keep your sides long enough, while still keeping the top hair small and sleek. Great for people who want to show off their receding haircuts. Many footballers used this hairstyle in the past and a thing to look out for.
- Preferable Age Group: This is best for men over 30 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: This crew cut is best during the winter season.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this out for a round and oval shape face with straight hair.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with both formal and casual outfits.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this as good office hairstyle.
3. Temple Fade Crew Cut:
This is one of the best looking men’s crew cut fade hairstyles. Here the sides of the head have a medium fade, while the top has short hair which directs towards the front. This haircut particularly looks great with men who have beards. Go for this style if you love short crew cut haircut.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this out for men in their late 20s and 30s.
- Best Season to Try: The summer season is the best season for this.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This suits all face shapes and hair types.
- Matching Dresses: This is best suited for formal clothes and those in the profession of hotel management.
- Perfect Occasion: wear this in regular day to day job.
See More: Trending Cropped Hairstyles for Men
4. Buzz Crew Cut:
If you’re into getting a simple hair cut, then look no further. This tapered crew cut features buzzed sides of the head, with the buzz cut going almost to the top of the head and leaving a very small amount of hair on the top and front. This style looks great, especially on people who have blonde hair. This style is the best crew cut hairstyle for teenagers.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this out in case you are in your 20s.
- Best Season to Try: This crew cut hairstyle is best in summer.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this out for oval-shaped face and any hair type.
- Matching Dresses: This is best for casual shirts and jeans.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for regular college going style.
5. Very Short Crew Cut:
If you love almost bald type crew cut hairstyles, then you should get this right away. This haircut is especially for men with long beards, and it looks so much more dashing. The whole head is almost bald, with very short hair, while the sides are very much faded too. This cut looks very clean and neat as well.
- Preferable Age Group: This hair cut suits men above 35 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: This crew cut style is best to try in summer.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this out for a round face with any hair type.
- Matching Dresses: This is best for super casual and cool clothes during events and festivals.
- Perfect Occasion: The style is well suitable for several casual outings and friends gatherings.
6. Skin Fade Crew Cut:
This is a unique and long crew cut hairstyle you can find nowadays. The sides of the head have a bald, faded look, while the top has normal-sized hair. This cut looks great on people having curly hair, and the back of the head is also skin shaved on the sides.
- Preferable Age Group: This haircut suits younger men below 25 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: To try this out during all seasons as you wish.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This suits oval and diamond-shaped face with straight, sleek hair.
- Matching Dresses: This is best for casual shirts and jeans or shorts.
- Perfect Occasion: Casual lunching with friends is right to go here.
7. Crew Cut Thin Hair:
If you love short crew cut hairstyle, don’t think too much, this style is ideal for you. And this is a type of haircut where your sides get almost shaves, up to a medium length, and the top remains almost the same with short hair. The hair then shifts towards the right or left as per your style. This cut is best for people with thin hair. And this is also a crew cut without a beard.
- Preferable Age Group: This is best for men in their early 30s.
- Best Season to Try: To try this crew cut out in the summer season.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This is good and suitable for all face shapes and hair types.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with super casual and comfy shirts and jeans.
- Perfect Occasion: Any family and friends occasions are proper here to try out.
8. Textured Crew Cut:
If you’re looking for a crew cut hairstyle 2018 type, then you may want to look into this. This haircut includes a much-textured finish, where the sides are kept long and slightly cut off, and the top of the head have normal-sized hair. It looks great on people who have curly hair as well. This haircut gives off a little messy type of hair and looks as well. This can also go good as side part crew cut.
- Preferable Age Group: This is best for young boys below 22 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: To try this haircut out during any season you like.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This is best for oval face only with all hair types.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with casual jackets and shirts for outings.
- Perfect Occasion: Young guys can go to college with this style.
9. Blowy Crew Cut:
This haircut is among American crew cut and is most sought after trendy hairstyle. And this is trendy, cool and has a unique look to it due to the thick part of hair at one side and sleek parts on other sides. This medium crew cut is suitable for many guys. This style comes under crew cut long on top. It can, in other words, also like as a semi crew cut.
- Preferable Age Group: This is best suited for men in their 20s.
- Best Season to Try: The summer season is the best for this crew cut style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This cut suits men with an oval-shaped face and straight hair best
- Matching Dresses: Try this with casual shirts or T-shirts as you wish
- Perfect Occasion: wear this for casual outings or college fests or events
- Do not over shampoo hair. Flat top crew cut, for instance, requires less shampoo as the hair may get damaged easily. The tip is never to over shampoo.
- Apply the oil every week for easy maintenance and protection of hair.
- Ask professional advice on what best suits your hair type in case you are unable to decide.
- Visit a salon every month to trim the crew cut in case you wish to maintain it without growing.
The textured crew cut is the talk of the town now given the cool and dashing look it delivers to people who see you. It is low maintenance. It is for those guys who love the simplicity yet want to remain cool. With this article, you do not need to worry about finding the right crew cut as we have given you a variety of cuts as per look. Choose what is best for you and suits your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Is crew cut and buzz cut the same?
Ans: Crew cut hairstyles and buzz are generally done with clippers, but buzz and crew cut is quite different. Crew cut has different hair length at different position of your head. There are variations done, where mostly it is shorter at the back and longer in the front side.
Q2. How often do I need to trim my hair to maintain the crew cut?
Ans: In case you want to maintain a short crew cut, then you can trim it once every two to three weeks once. This is for the low maintenance crew cut hairstyles.
Q3. Is crew cut bad for scalp?
Ans: This is a myth that crew cut is bad for scalp given that the hair is not proportionate on sides and varies. The myth comes as some believe the sun directly hits the scalp on some sides of the scalp. However, it is not the case as sun damage is the same for everyone. One should always use a cap and avoid direct sun exposure when outside be it a crew cut or any other haircut.