Using hair gel is probably the best way to style your hair without having to face any other grooming problems in the future. Hair gel can be applied to your hair both before or even after washing your hair and will give you the best styling results. There are a variety of great hair styling gels which are available in the market that truly provide a much customized hairstyle for both men and women.
There are a variety of gels that provide a variety of different results which range from wet look, hard look, and vertical holds for men. Gels can also be used to keep your hair sleek and smooth which is a necessary part of your grooming process.
How To Use Gel In Hair and Uses:
There are a variety of ways with which you can use hair gel and the most decorated processes are given in detail below-
See More: Proper Shampooing
One way to use hair gel is to help in smoothening your hair. Gel is filled with rich ingredients that not only moisten your hair but also help to slowly and easily feed your hair follicles with a large variety of nutrients that help to keep the hair smooth and strong. Gel is a part of the styling process, which is very integral in the grooming process, and slowly gel has gained popularity. But be careful, do not use any type of gel and always read the label twice before buying anything. Hair sprays and shampoo gels are also available which are equivalent of gel as well.
For gels that have a stronger hold, the vertical style is recommended which is mostly meant for men. The vertical hold is a strong gel which maintains the properties to hold your hair straight and strong for a long period of time allowing you to maintain a large variety of hairstyles which is normally not possible. Shampoo your hair first before applying this gel and do not be stingy, use a good amount and involve every strand of your hair on your head to achieve the best results. Vertical hold is mainly to maintain a large number of cool hairstyles for men and some women.
See More: How Do You Brush Your Hair
For women with long hair gel can be used to maintain a hair do that would normally open out after a few hours out. With the use of gel you will surely be able to achieve and keep a long hairstyle of all natures so that you will outlast any other lady that is present at the event. This will surely keep you fresh and make you the centre of attention. Apply mainly hair friendly gels that do not cause dandruff and you will definitely notice a difference in the look you want to go for. Using gel can also get you away from having to spend too much time getting ready when you have a busy schedule, with gel you can easily style your hair at moment’s notice without having to wash or groom for too long.
Carrying It off:
Carrying it off is the last stage of styling your hair with gel and with the help of all these processes you will be able to have a great groomed hairstyle. There are a couple of other processes to follow but at the end of the day this has been rewarded as the best way to groom your hair most easily and safely without the use of harmful products that would give you a groomed look for a short period but will damage your hair in the long run.
See More: How To Comb Hair Properly
How to Make Hair gel at Home Naturally!
Most hair styling products are expensive and some of them contain products that can cause damage over a period of time. The solution is to make a hair gel at home using natural ingredients. Let’s see how!
Flax Seed Gel:
Flax seeds gel is very good for curly and frizzy hair. It makes your hair shiny and helps you manage that frizz. Flax seeds are easily available in all grocery stores, ensure you use raw and unflavoured flax seeds for the gel.
1. Soak 1/4th cup of flax seeds for about 6n to 8 hours or overnight.
2. Heat the soaked flax seeds in 2 cups of water. Drain the excess water that was use to soak these seeds.
3. Bring it to boil and reduce to heat to simmer.
4. Cook the seeds until your see the gel like consistency. Keep stirring often so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
5. The longer you cook the seeds, the thicker the gel gets. For medium hold, cook for 4 minutes and you will have consistency like honey. For curly hair, loose gel works very well.
6. Strain the gel using a filter. Pour it into a bowl, and press out any excess from the seeds.
7. You can these for the extra oomph factor:
- For better curls – 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel.
- Additional moisture – 2 to 3 teaspoons for vegetable glycerine.
- For fragrance – 10-12 drops of your favourite essential oils like lavender or rosemary or ylang ylang oil.
- To treat damaged hair, 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil.
8. Transfer the contents to a bottle.
9. You can now use the gel on dry or damp hair.
10. Store this gel in the fridge and finish it in a week.
How to Apply Hair Gel for Men!
Hair gel is a great product for men if used right. It can go wrong if not used right. If you put on too much, it becomes very crunchy and sticky. Here are a few tips on how to apply hair gel for men:
Wash your hair and towel dry your hair.
Take a coin-sized amount of gel and rub into your hair thoroughly.
Ensure you used up and down movement to make sure the gel is equally spread.
Let it dry automatically if you want it spiked or for a messy look.
How to Apply Hair Gel For Women!
Here are a few tips on how to apply hair gel for women:
- Shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- Towel dry your hair and drain the excess water. Gel works well on damp hair. Too much water will run down the gel.
- If you don’t have time to wash your hair, just damp your hair before applying the hair gel.
- Choose the right kind of gel for your hair and take a small amount of gel into the palm of your hand.
- Rub your hands so that the gel is evenly distributed on both palms equally.
- Apply the gel to your hair evenly and brush your hair.
- As the gel dries, style your hair as desired. You could use your hands, comb or a blow drier to style your hair.
- Voila! You’re ready!
We know how easy it is to use a hair gel, now let’s see what happens if used excessively and some of the side effects of using a hair gel.
- Hair loss and thinning of hair.
- Reaction to hair gel – irritation in eyes, skin and nose.
- Dry and dull hair.
- Itchiness of the scalp leading to dandruff.
- Split ends and damaged hair.
- Discolouration and dullness of hair due to excessive dryness as hair gels tend to dry the hair and lose nourishment.
We all love to look and feel great every single day. It is not just with our clothes and a well-groomed face; your hair has a great role to play in your appearance. Hair is one of the most important features that enhances a person’s look and personality. Stylish tresses can be achieved easily with hair styling gels and one can sport various looks. Hair gels have been in use since the ancient Roman and Egyptians times. So, choose a natural and suitable gel for your hair type. Happy Hair Styling!