Braids! They are probably the most versatile and loved after look all across the globe. While we all know about them well enough, the double braided hairstyles have been making the new trend from the last decade or two. What makes this look stand apart when compared to the casual braid? It is all about the feminine and stunning appearance, cute appeal, enhanced modern style statement, embedded with new patterns and ideas.
Today, we have decided to treat you with the most sought after and contemporary double braids hairstyle looks and makeover which all of us girls admire. Here we go!
10 Contemporary Two-Sided Braid Hairstyles of 2022:
Here are the customized and latest trending list of popular and different types of double braid hair looks and plaits style we can’t get over with!
1. Double Fishtail Braid:
The French fishtail braid is the most popular hairstyle we have come across. While the look is versatile, you have the advantage of turning the style into a chic, modern trend or have it in a classy ethnic way. We see the former one here. With the messy loose fishtail double braid look, we love the way how it enhances and elevates one’s appearance effortlessly.
- Smooth, straight and wavy hair texture can be ideal
- Try this style with any face shape, given the versatility of hairstyle.
- Women in the 20s and till mid of 30s are the best fit.
2. French Braid Double Bun:
The French cut and variant hairstyles are popular among girls across age groups. Even kids at younger age know how feminine the French braids look. Ever imagined how knot buns can look in such a way? Here is an example. The intricately woven French braid is taken from double sides to make a hair updo and we cannot take our eyes off from this beauty!
- Smooth and straight hair texture can be ideal with this intricate and elegant look.
- Try this for heart and oval face shape for making the best of your appearance.
- Women either from the 20s or the 40s, all of them can look youthful.
3. Simple Ponytail Braid:
Here is the quickest, relaxed, and yet simple double ponytail braid. Here, the plaited hair comes right from the crown area and goes till beneath. To give it a ponytail effect, we cut the braiding in half and secure it with the elastics. If you are running out of sufficient time and still want a perfect cute look for the day, what is best than this half ponytail hairstyle, right?!
- Any hair texture can quite get this look right easily, given the good blend in the factor.
- Wear this with oval, diamond, and round face shapes.
- Girls in the teenage to women till mid-20s can look sweet and the right fit in this look.
4. Contemporary Dutch Braid:
Have you ever come across a Dutch braid? This contemporary and ultra-modern looking two double French braid hairstyle is all about class, sass and elegance. With the short hair length look, this plaits makeover is completely leaving is in awe! A part of a messy pattern and idea is further enhancing the style statement to the whole next level, and makes anyone look beautiful when wearing it!
- Wavy and curly hair textures are best to go in this hairstyle with messy looks.
- Try this for oval, diamond, and heart face shapes.
- Women in their 30s can look youthful and elegant here, yet can also be tried by women in their early 40s.
5. Dutch Braid Space Buns:
Space buns are the most recent phenomenon which is a huge hit, and the trend is undoubtedly here to stay. This lovely Dutch double knotted braid bun comes with braids on both sides of the crown. With blonde and white hair colored ombre look, messy curly texture of the hair and boho vibe vibrant hues attached to the makeover; this two buns hairstyle is for those women who prefer the edgy, unique and yet mesmerizing appearance.
- Curly and wavy hair texture is the ideal one here.
- Try this with any face shape as it can go well with everyone.
- Women and girls in the young age below 30 years can be best to go.
Read: Dutch Braid Styles
6. Funky Rope Braid:
Here is one of our all-time favourite, double rope braid with the mixed rainbow colour vibrant look. The tight and high textured French rope braid comes all the way right from the crown and goes well beneath. When added with a twisted look, and if the hair sections are added from sides, as seen in the image above, it gives a further unique appearance. Further ahead, you can go with coloured hair or highlights to provide an enhanced feel too!
- Any hair texture can be an ideal and perfect fit here in this look, given the versatility of the style.
- Try this funky hairstyle with the oval and square face shape for ideal looks.
- Women in the 30s and the 40s can be best to go.
7. Dreadlock Braids:
Did you ever come across double dread braids? While we are all aware of the dreadlocks hairstyle trend which is famous across globe, this blonde colored double braid in this form is new to all of us. In case you get super experimental or do not wish for the usual trend, what best than eyeing on such crazy and yet edgy looks right?! Here we go, try this one and rest assured, you are going to be the talk of fashion town!
- Curly and wavy hair texture is a perfect fit to get this desired makeover.
- Try this for oval and chubby face shapes to appear sleek and chic.
- Women in the age from 30s to the 50s can be suitable for here
8. Princess Vibe Pigtail Braids:
This double braid pigtails with headband is one of the most sought after looks, especially for women who loves classy and feminine looks. This style is absolutely gorgeous and no less than a diva. With the mid parted pigtail sleek braids on the sides and sleek headband going all around, it gives an intense look for all women who wear it. Further, the elite look delivered by this one is unmatched!
- Straight hair texture is an apt fit in here and can look amazing with enhanced elegance.
- Wear this for oval and diamond face shape for best of the looks and appearance.
- This style is for women in the late 20s to the early 30s age.
9. Messy Loose Double Braid:
This loose messy long length double braids with layers look in between is our new favourite insight. If you think that the braids and long length ones are only an ethnic fit, this image and fashionista prove it all wrong. With the super bright hues and vibrant appearance in style statement, this sleek trend is all about owning the style right with personalized feels. What do you think about these dual braids?!
- Straight and wavy hair texture can be ideal here.
- Try this messy hairstyle with any face shape, as it can fit everyone.
- Women of any age below 40 years can prefer this hairstyle.
10. Dutch Fishtail Braided Hairdo:
This double Dutchfishtailbraid hairdo bun is our last favorite in today’s list. With the perfect blend of Dutch braid style and fishtail intricate pattern from the sides, the messy updo is all about love and authenticity in the looks. Be it for grand events or plush look and appearance, this elite style and makeover is a must-try for all new-gen girls who love contemporary and yet feminine trends.
Read: Braids Simple Styles
- Wavy and curly hair texture is the appropriate fit in this trendy hair makeover.
- Try this with a heart, oval and round face shape to look amazing.
- Women in the 20s and 30s can wear this style for best looks.
With these list of double braided hairstyles, we hope you have found the perfect and apt fit for you. Be it for the ethnic occasion, modern party or get together, or even simple social gathering, these double braids are the most versatile look which can fit in all effortlessly and enhance anyone’s style statement. What do you think about them?