Water is one of the essential components of life. You can be without food for days, but you can hardly survive without water for hours and just a few minutes without air. We all know the fact that water is important, but does drinking water increase height? Does water help you grow taller? A new theory doing the rounds these days is that water helps you grow vertically. But how true is it? Standing at a height of 5’1” and being a mother of two-year-old twins, I would do anything and everything to make sure that my kids do not inherit my height. So I went on to dig in the details of whether water, which is made up of just two components, hydrogen and oxygen could actually aid in growing vertically and here is what I have evaluated. Read here for details.
What Does Water Contain That Can Help You Grow Taller?
Here is the answer. Does water help you grow? How does it aid growth?
- Minerals and proteins play a big role in our body. They unleash their true power by better cell absorption. If our cells are not healthy, this absorption will not take place. Water truly helps in this absorption process and contributes to height.
- The best way to combat the genetic problems associated with less height can be rectified by drinking ample water. It flushes out the toxins from your body and makes the cells healthy.
You need to drink the right amount of water every day. For men, the Institute of Medicine advocates about 3 liters of water per day. For women, on the other hand, the Institute advocates about 2 liters of water per day. That would be roughly anywhere between 7-8 eight glasses of water. Split them to drink at intervals. This way, you sure will get the right intake.
How Drinking Water Helps You In Growing Taller:
1. Does Water Make You Taller?
Water helps the body to function better by absorbing more proteins and minerals in cells efficiently. Cells are the main organelles which help in absorbing different vitamins and minerals. Cells should be healthy enough to complete this absorption process efficiently. Water supports cells to function good and improves its absorption phenomenon. These proteins and vitamins play a very important role in increasing your height. So, water plays a very important role in increasing the height of individuals.
2. Water Constitutes Around 80% of Your Body:
Every cell of your body needs water to function properly. When cell works in a good manner, then the body functions good and in turn growth of the body is accelerated, resulting in an increase in height.
3. Improves Digestive System:
- Water helps in improving the digestive system of your body.
- Water plays a vital role in extracting the essential vitamins and minerals consumed from your diet.
- So it accelerates the procedure of mineral absorption and also of digestion.
- The food we consume contains important minerals such as vitamin D and calcium, that enhance height growth.
- They get absorbed into your body cells very easily as these minerals are soluble in water.
4. Prevents Dehydration:
Dehydration is best prevented by water. We are taught from primary school to drink lots of water to prevent dehydration.
- Dehydration has various side effects, and it can cause several other medical problems.
- The body gets deprived of vitamins and minerals due to dehydration.
- Dry skin and headaches are very common effects of dehydration.
- Growth also gets hampered due to less hydration or dehydration of the body.
- Drink a minimum of 8-10 water glasses daily in the formative years to grow taller.
5. There Are Some Medical Conditions Which Hamper Height Growth:
- Genetic factors also play a role in controlling growth factors.
- Exercise daily and drink lots of water then these factors can be overcome.
- Water makes the cells of the body healthy as it flushes all the toxins away. These cells become healthy to absorb all the good nutrients required for the growth of the body and thus help you in growing taller.
6. Better absorption of the Height Supplements:
- Kids taking calcium supplements are best absorbed with the help of water.
- Water helps to work supplements more efficiently in increasing height.
- Water helps a lot in attaining maximum height.
Does water help you grow taller? Water is essential in increasing growth factors. Keep on drinking more and more water and keep growing.
7. Drinking How Much Water is Ideal?
Does water make you grow taller? The aforesaid points have concluded that drinking adequate water can make you grow taller, but how much quantity of water is considered as adequate is the question that arises in mind. Doctors suggest that a child should drink 2-3 liters of water every day. If however, he has indulged in sports or other physical activities, he might be required to drink more water to stay hydrated and also grow taller.
Water is a magic fluid that is capable of restoring energy to your body. It quenches your thirst while making sure you are hydrated well. About 60% of our body is made of water. That pretty much sums up the importance of water for our body.
Does drinking water help you grow taller? Water is the elixir of life, and there is a strong reason behind calling it so. Drinking ample water will not only aid you in staying healthy and hydrated but will also make sure that you reach your optimal height. Taking supplements will not work unless they are backed by the right quantity of water. Encourage kids to drink ample water and also share this article with your friends and relatives so that this basic information can reach out to all and maximum children can be benefitted.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Does Drinking Water Make You Taller?
Ans: Water is the elixir of life. Without water, a person cannot survive. Besides, there are numerous benefits of drinking ample water, one of which is helping you reach your optimal height. Drinking water helps in better absorption of calcium in the body. Also, it flushes out the toxins and makes the optimal functioning of the cells, which ultimately aids in growing taller. Thus, not directly but drinking water aids in growing taller.
Q2. Which Drink is Good for Growing Height?
Ans: Ashwagandha is a popular ayurvedic herb which is easily available in any herbal store. Consuming 2 tablespoons of ashwagandha powder mixed in a glass of cow milk every night can help you grow vertically. Do this for 45 days at a stretch and see the visible change in your height.
Q3. Does Sleeping More Make You Taller?
Ans: Sleeping well is the best way to help your body heal itself. It tones the muscles of the body, heals the wounds rapidly, and if you are still in growing age, then help you grow taller. This is because when we are sleeping, our body produces growth hormones rapidly, which aids in growing taller.
Q4. How Can I Get Taller Before Puberty?
Ans: The following are some tips that will help you grow taller and reach your optimal height before puberty:
- Take a balanced diet
- Exercise well
- Adequate sleep each night
- Understand that genes do affect your height, and in such a case, you must consult a doctor at the right age to overcome the genetic effect.
Q5. Does Sleeping Posture Affect Growth?
Ans: Sleeping in the right posture can lengthen the spine and increase height. On the other hand, incorrect posture can strain your neck and back and arch your spine and make you appear shorter than you actually are. Thus sleeping posture does affect your height.