While there are few women and young girls out there who love grand and stylish statement styles, there are others who love minimal and simple looks which are classy and elegant. These simple, elegant hairstyles are for these women who want to look beautiful and trendy, but with classy nature. These best elegant hairstyles require absolutely no effort and time to makeover and maintain and hence are loved by all.
Here are our top favourites in these cute elegant hairstyles, which include versatile styles like ponytails, leftovers, puffs and many more! Keep reading to know what you like the most and try them out!
30 Best Elegant Hairstyles for Ladies:
Here are the top and best 30 beautiful elegant hairstyles for all ladies out.
1. Elegant Ponytail Hairstyle:
While there are numerous and unlimited possibilities to work on ponytail hairstyles, we particularly fell in love with this elegant and beautiful easy hairstyle look for women. The hairstyle delivers charming and feminine sophisticated hues with versatile styling options. You can try this out for office and professional events, cocktails or parties and look ravishing instantly.
2. Simple Elegant Ponytail Hairstyles for Everyday:
If you have black hair, this simple and messy elegant ponytail hairstyle for women is a perfect fit. It brings on a stunning, edgy, regal, plush appearance seamlessly and seamlessly enhances your style quotient. It is suitable for casual outings, date nights, parties or professional commitments, it can only deliver a great first impression to the opposite party. Do you agree with us? If you have wavy or straight hair texture, check this out.
3. Elegant Loose Hairstyle for Parties:
You can try out this beautiful and plush-looking elegant hairstyle for women if you have curly or dense wavy hair texture. This stunning look resembles a Disney-inspired hairstyle and brings on rich and sophisticated vibes. This is among the most elegant hairstyles we have come across and is perfect even if you change the hair colour. The look can be perfect for gowns, dresses, or even ethnic wear like saree. How do you like this most elegant haircut?
4. Half Braided Hairstyle in Pastel Hair:
Step up your fashion game with this pastel hair-coloured hairstyle with half braided look. We love how gorgeous and subtle this hairstyle looks, with feminine and ravishing hues. The beautiful look can instantly turn the heads up and attract all the attention, giving you sleek and edgy chic contemporary vibes. You try this look with wavy or straight hair texture.
5. Elegant Bun Hairstyle for Black Hair:
We all love the sleek and edgy hair bun hairstyle makeover, and this particular variant has stolen our hearts with perfection. The elegant hair bun look is a perfect choice for women in the working and professional fields, adding up a charming and graceful appearance. Moreover, it can fit in across events and occasions, and gives you plush royal vibes.
6. Puff with a Braid Hairband Look:
This one is common in fairy tales, and very reminiscent of Snow White or a certain Cinderella. These elegant updos are not difficult to achieve but are quite easy. You can do all this yourself and get this smart, trendy and stylish makeover in no time. Here you can learn how to do it all by yourself!
To get this Hairdo:
- To get this look, brush the hair in front and part into three sections.
- Brush all sections well without any tangles.
- Create a high bouffant, as shown in the picture.
- Clip the hair properly in the midsection area with bobby pins.
- Take hair sides from temples and braid them well from left to right and vice versa.
- Complete the look by tying the hair, as shown here.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 30s can totally rock this style out.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon are the best seasons to try this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this hairstyle for outings with friends or family as you wish.
- Matching Dress: Wear any super casual western comfy clothes like jeans and tops.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style for oval and diamond face shapes with curly or wavy hair types.
7. The Ballerina Bun Look:
This is quite an elegant long hairstyle look. And this is made with long hair to make this elegant hair bun. All you need to do is a tight bun, and it does not take any time. This look is similar to the ones worn by ballerinas. The hairstyle is loose and twisted well, best suited for regular everyday purposes. This bun is made by back brushing the hair neatly and then twisting it around. Then turn the twisted hair into a bun shape and pin it in place with hairpins. Your look is complete!
- Best Season to Try: Summer is best to try this graceful style out.
- Matching Dress: Wear a nice formal top and pants to match this look.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age below 40 can look good in this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for regular office times and going out to meetings.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This simple style is well suited for women with any face type and long hair type.
8. Long Layered Hair with Bangs and Ponytail Look:
This is an elegant hairstyle for medium hair which resembles the classic and elegant modern lady look. And this is quite an everyday hairstyle and is popular among many classes already, given the elegance and trend it carries along with it. All you need to get this look, you need bangs on your forehead, and long layers on your shoulder, that extend to the back. Get back to all the layers neatly into a ponytail and later let a few hairs loose till the shoulder.
- Best Season to Try: Summer and winter seasons are good to try out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can look good in this hairstyle.
- Matching Dress: Any short or knee-length dress or skirt can suit this look.
- Perfect Occasion: Pair this style to go for date nights or night parties to look gorgeous.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Oval and diamond face shapes are well suited to this style with any medium length hair type.
9. Blonde Wavelets Braid Bun Look:
This is an elegant hairstyle that is mostly meant for weddings or parties, or even red carpet events. This is a very festive hairdo. For this, you need first to crimp your hair into tight wavelets. Then you need to back brush the hair carefully. Pulls strands of hair apart into three sections and braids the hairs from the front towards the back. Then bunch up all the braids into a knot and pin it in place with hairpins or ribbons. Your look is complete!
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 35 can rock this look.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best season to try this graceful look.
- Matching Dress: Try this with a long gown or classic skirt to look amazing and dashing.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for any wedding events or ceremonies as you wish as this is quite elegant and graceful.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with oval, diamond or heart face shapes with any hair type can work well with this hairstyle look.
10. Inside Out Office Bun with Bangs Look:
This one is an elegant bun hairstyle which is quite easy to fix and neat finish. This takes no time to do but gives such a polished and elegant vibe. It carries by also gives a vintage and trendier look. All you need is to have uneven bangs to do this style and layers at the back. Twist the hair thoroughly and tie it in the form of a French knot. This is quite easy to do and can do all by yourself.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 30s can rock this style.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best time to work on this look.
- Matching Dress: Wear formal shirts and pants to complete this look well.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this look to go to the office and meetings and seize it well with style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Only those with oval face shapes can work well here with any hair type.
11. School Girl Bouffant Look:
This elegant black hairstyle is one of the retro looks. This is for those school-going girls who love to sport the trend well in advance. Style and fashion do not come with age, and this is for the young girls out there who want to set the trend and create a great first impression themselves.
How to Do:
- Brush hair well at first and part it into three sections.
- Brush sections separately and create a high bouffant.
- You can take the help of the bouffant accessory to let hair stay in place.
- Clip hair in the midsection well and pin it.
- Ideal Age Group: Girls below 20 can rock this look.
- Matching Dress: Wear this with a cute skirt and top to look graceful.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go to try out this trendy style.
- Perfect Occasion: Go out with friends or on special outings to look stylish and trendy.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This style suits only oval and diamond face shapes with straight textured hair.
12. Bangs Tied At The Back Look:
This is one of the most popular elegant prom hairstyles on the list. And this is among our top favourite looks which are quite simple to do and does not require any time. It is nothing but just brushing the hair well, and creating soft curls. Tie it in the back with proper brushing. The look is complete in no time and is one of the famous and simple elegant hairstyles.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for dance nights or parties.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon are great times to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s and early 30s are suitable for this look.
- Matching Dress: Wear a nice full length or classic knee-length dress to complement the look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Oval and diamond face shapes with wavy hair are great to try this style out.
13. The Four Strand Lace Braid Hairstyle:
A four-strand braid is suitable for girls. You can make a strand with four strands very easily. Pick four different hair strands from near to each other and start making plaits by joining with each other like the first two strands come first and are followed by the other two strands turn by turn. Take the strand to the end of the hair tail. You can make buns too, following the same steps and at the end, pinning them up.
- Ideal Age Group: Girls below 20 are good to go in this style.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is suitable to try this one out.
- Matching Dress: Wear a cute full-length dress to look good in this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: This elegant side hairstyle is well suited for family gatherings and occasions.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Any face type and long straight hair is good and suited to this look.
14. Twisted Side Ponytail:
Here is among our top favourite and latest hairstyle for you. This is the perfect fit for those women who love a formal hairstyle. And this is quite easy to do and gives a very formal and polished look. It is elegant yet gives a stylish and trendy vibe. Here is what you will need to do to achieve this look, and it can be completed by yourself in no time.
How to Do:
- First, brush the hair thoroughly.
- Take two side partings of the hair, as shown above.
- Tie one side with the ponytail.
- On the other side, take three sections of hair within and brush them well separately.
- Now roll them and twist them well as shown in the picture and bring all of them together.
- Now tie all the hair by mixing the remaining hair too.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to flaunt this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can only look good in this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this for casual college-going and outings with friends.
- Matching Dress: Women can wear normal tops and pants or shorts in this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Round and square face shapes with straight hair can suit this style better.
15. French Braid Elegant Hairstyles:
French hairstylist has introduced beautiful hairstyles. And these French braids can be made in many different ways. The French braid hairstyle made here is effortless and easy. Taking hair strands from the very top forehead and making plaits taking step by step hair strands equally from up to down head, making a beautiful braid design. You can let it hang on your back and even tie it up high.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best season to try it out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can look good in this style and charming too.
- Matching Dress: Try this with a beautiful long ethnic and traditional dress to look good.
- Perfect Occasion: This is an elegant bridesmaid hairstyle well suited for wedding events.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Any oval and diamond face shape with any hair type can look good in this style.
16. Side Loose French Braid Elegant Hairstyles:
A loose French braid is also one of the desi looking hairstyles. Out on the beach or a summer holiday outing will be the perfect time for such a hairstyle. The loose French braid is started from below the head, and the braid plaits are joined loosely, making a thick braid look. You can also make the braid sideways and even at the back. It is one of the simple and easy elegant wavy hairstyles.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best season to try out this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 23 years of age can look good here.
- Matching Dress: Wear a nice skirt or long dress to look good and suit the style.
- Perfect Occasion: This elegant hairstyle is good for family gatherings and functions.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with any face shape and wavy or straight hair can look good here.
17. Long Hair with Thin Braids Elegant Hairstyles:
This is quite an easy everyday elegant hairstyle for those girls who want to deck up, but keep it simple. If you have straight, silky long hair, then you are sorted. All you need is to do a gorgeous thin side braid and leave it with the hair. This is quite a beautiful, trendy and stylish look and requires zero effort. Such a glorious hairstyle will win several hearts.
- Ideal Age Group: Girls below 20 can complement this look.
- Matching Dress: Try this out with a casual outfit of your choice.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear it with everyday outings with family and friends.
- Best Season to Try: Try this hairstyle out in winter and monsoon to look good.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Oval face shape and straight, silky long hair are all that you need to try this out.
18. The Mohawk Ponytail Braid Elegant Hairstyles:
This is quite a common look in Africa and is no less in trend in our country too. It is coming back in style to create popularity and is a common Mohawk style. It, however, requires a lot of time to do and is not easy. Patience should be there to plait the hair all over in such tiny braids. These thin braids should begin from the nearest end of the scalp and should be made entirely.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 30s can look good here.
- Best Season to Try: Wear it in summer to look super casual and comfy.
- Matching Dress: Try it out with a western short dress or skirt to look elegant.
- Perfect Occasion: Dance parties and similar events are well suited to this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Any face and hair type can work on this hairstyle.
19. Easy Twist Updo Proms Elegant Hairstyles:
An easy twist to your hair strands gives an impressive look to your hairstyle. The easiest and eye-catching hairstyle is one of the twists given to a lot of hair taken together. You can hold a lot of hair together and twist it around, taking it to the back of the head, making a bun or pinning it up with a brochure. The twisted hair design looks fabulous in any event.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this one out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can look good in this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear this with casual tops and a jean to look good.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Suit it well with the oval face shape and medium hair type.
- Perfect Occasion: Try these elegant up styles for long hair to go out with friends or for movies.
20. Tiara Braids Elegant Hairstyles:
This is quite a cute and pretty look for young girls. These are called tiara braids as the braids come from above and move it insides to down. These require long elongated faces, however, to look good. Begin from the forehead and direct towards the back of the ears. You can add hair accessories to look further smart and stylish.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is totally good to go here.
- Ideal Age Group: Girls below 16 can look good in this style.
- Matching Dress: Try this with a nice gown to look good and stylish.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear it for any fancy events with family or outings.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Any oval and long face can look good with straight hair only.
Read: Long Open Hairstyles
21. Easy Messy Bun Elegant Hairstyles:
Messy fun is among simple messy updos for medium hair, which is among our top favourites. This is quite easy to do and yet looks super elegant and vintage. In case you are running out of time and have to create a quick makeover, this is your best friend in such case. Here is how you achieve this elegant and stylish look.
How to Do:
- First, take a comb and brush hair well.
- Comb upwards and make a roll with all hair together.
- Twist it well and make a bun.
- Take a rubber band and tie the bun with elastic.
- Make it messy by teasing the hair a little.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can rock this look.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best time to work on this look.
- Matching Dress: Try it with a super casual western dress to look good.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Any face type and hair type looks good here.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear it with outings with friends or family for dinners and lunches.
22. Faux Hawk Braid Elegant Hairstyles:
The parting of hairstyle design in the centre is one of the designs that come under the faux hawk hairstyles. Women’s faux hawk hairstyle can be made by parting your hair from the top centre of your head scalp. Masking plaits fluffy and loose braid it to the end of the hair. You can surely rock the floor with a faux hawk hairstyle.
- Matching Dress: Wear any outfit you like as it suits all dresses.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good choice to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can work well on this look.
- Perfect Occasion: This elegant up style for long hair is good for casual college-going days.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Round, oval and diamond-shaped faces can look good with long hair.
23. Soft Twisted Updo Bun Elegant Hairstyles:
A loose bun is also a hot favourite among ladies at home or at family events. A soft twist from the front loosens some hair strands that fall on the ears. Taking the twisted hair to the back and fastening it with other such twisted hair strands looks just fabulous. This is one of the best elegant hairstyles for women.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can look good here.
- Matching Dress: Any nice full-length ethnic outfit is good to go here.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this for any season you wish as it suits you all the time.
- Perfect Occasion: This is good for any festivities and celebrations within the family.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Round and oval-shaped faces with all hair types can try this look.
24. French Twist Updo with Stick:
A French twist up is also one of the easiest and regularly made by ladies who go to work. It is quite elegant and gives such a vintage vibe. It is very easy to do and takes no time. So all those busy office going women out there, here is a style for you to get ready in no time all by yourselves.
How to Do:
- Firstly brush hair thoroughly and part on one side.
- Roll it up altogether and do back rolling. Fix the roll within.
- Take a stick and fasten the roll/French twist.
- Enter stick from up, and it’s ready.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is best for office going days.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best time to try out this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Try it on women in their 30s to look good every day.
- Matching Dress: Formal shirts and pants are good and match this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Oval-shaped face suits here with any hair type.
25. Korean Bun Elegant Hairstyles:
A Korean bun is also easy to do hairstyle that can be made regularly on working days. Parting short hair strands on your forehead, you have to tie up the remaining hair together. Make a pony of the hair at the top of your head. Roll your remaining hanging hair upwards. Once you have rolled, turn the roll covering the rubber band and make a perfect round. Tie the roll with a thin rubber band again, and you get a beautiful Korean bun.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can match this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this elegant style for a casual college-going look or special events.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with a casual and simple western top and pants or shorts to look at your best.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Oval and diamond-shaped faces and any smooth hair are good to go here.
26. The Hair Bow Elegant Hairstyles:
This is quite a popular and cute look for elegant styles for short hair and medium hair. It is effortless to do and looks quite elegant, trendy and chic. You do not need others’ help, and can be done in no time. It is best for women who love to keep it feminine and cuter rather than going for bold looks.
How to Do:
- First, take hair strands from both ends of the hair.
- Tie it in the middle together.
- Now stretch back some hair again and make two parts.
- Take another strand and insert below-tied hair.
- Bring all of them down and adjust them in the form of a bow.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can only look good here.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is outstanding in trying this out.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear it for special college events and fests to look good.
- Matching Dress: Women can wear them with ethnic and traditional kurtas.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Any face type and short to medium hair are good to go.
27. Korean And Japanese Short Hair Prom:
This is another quite easy and messy style to flaunt easily in no time. It is quite cute and trendy and is well popular among several women and girls already. It is effortless to do and, as a sport in the above picture, takes no time. This is among our favourites when it comes to making a hairstyle in absolutely two minutes.
How to Do:
- Take hair to all one side at first.
- Tie it with a rubber band.
- Let some hair fall on the forehead, and do not tie tightly.
- Take tied hair and roll it up behind.
- Make a bun in a rolling way.
- Pin it up and secure it well.
- Leave the remaining hair hanging loose on one side.
- Matching Dress: Wear them with casual kurtas or tops and jeans.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is totally good to try this style out.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for casual outings with friends only.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can look good here in this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Flaunt it well if you have an oval and diamond-shaped face with any hair type.
28. Cascading Braid Hairstyle:
A cascading braid hairstyle is very much in trend among college and school girls on special occasions or even bridal events. You can make a cascading braid by taking thin hair strands and joining them, making a plait design with the other three strands taking the braid backwards. The remaining hair can be left loose or even joined, making a whole thick braid.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is good to try this style out totally.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can look good in this style.
- Matching Dress: Style it with ethnic wear or western dress as you wish.
- Perfect Occasion: This is an elegant bride hairstyle best suited for some pre-wedding events.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Oval or heart face shape with straight hair is well suited to this style.
29. Puffed Hair with Loose Curls Look:
This elegant curly hairstyle look is the easiest. To get this look, you need first to curl all your hair. To get this look, brush the hair in front and part into three sections. Brush the sections back one by one gently, making sure that you create a high bouffant as you do so. Then clip the hair in the midsection carefully. Let the curls fall from the back. Your look is complete!
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can look right here.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is the best time to try the style out.
- Perfect Occasion: Work on this style for date nights or dinner events.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with a knee-length western dress to set the day.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with any face type and curly or wavy hair can look good in this style.
30. High Puff Low Ponytail Look:
This elegant updo hairstyle is quite easy to do yourself. It does not take any time but looks quite trendy and stylish. In case you are rushing and have little time in hand to get decked up for any fancy event or party at your hand, you are good to go with this style. It is elegant and gives a vintage vibe with it too.
How You Do:
- First, brush the hair in front and part into three sections.
- Brush the sections back carefully and gently.
- While brushing back, create a high bouffant as you do so.
- Later, clip all the hair in the midsection all at once carefully.
- Make sure you take hair from the sides too, to create the look as shown in the picture.
- Once done, part this hair behind into two sections, and pin them together.
- Curl the rest of the hair that is loose.
- Ideal Age Group: Women ages below 35 can look good in this style.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to try this amazing hairstyle out.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this style for nice corporate night parties to set the trend.
- Matching Dress: Sizzle this style by wearing a knee-length smooth pleated dress to compliment well.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Wear this if you have the oval, round and heart face shape with any hair type.
- Elegant hairstyles often demand a smooth texture of hair. So maintaining hair is an important part in styling these out.
- Apply good soft serum to wet hair after hair wash without fail.
- Make sure to visit a good hair spa and massage every month from experts who can help nourish and moisturise the hair.
- Add on hair accessories in case you want to elevate the look a bit more.
- To maintain the same length of hair, trim hair every two months.
- Apply hair spray in the end in case you want the style to remain for the whole day and for longer periods.
Here are some simple, elegant hairstyles presented for you. These are quite easy to do and do not require any assistance. You can do these all by yourself at home and flaunt them well, be it curly hair or straight hair or wavy hair; they are well suited for different preferences, looks and occasions, be it buns, leave or ponytails, choose what best you like and tell us how you tried them out here.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. How to naturally smoothen frizzy hair?
Ans: In case you have frizzy hair issues, it is mostly due to dust, sun and pollution. Make sure to use a leave-in conditioner after shampoo and hair serum to be used every time you wash your hair. Apply curd, egg and oats mix to hair and make a mask. Further, you can do oil masking often. A hair spa is also recommended if you have frizzy hair.
Q2. Can young girls below 20 years sport elegant braided buns?
Ans: Yes, the braided bun can suit everyone. However, they are well sported to be elegant and stylish for women over 20 years rather than younger ones. However, everyone can work on these styles.
Q3. How often is a hair wash recommended for those who have oily and dusty scalp?
Ans: We understand that an oily and dusty scalp requires more care and attention. Those with this type of scalp generally tend to wash their hair more often. However, it is not good to over-shampoo hair all the time. Instead, you need to use medicated or natural methods to reduce oiliness. Consult a dermatologist in case you have severely oily hair for a medicated shampoo.
Q4. Can I use styling tools to do this elegant hairstyle?
Ans: The usage of styling tools for these hairstyles depends on your nature of hair. If your hair is straight and you need a curly texture, then you have to use styling tools. However, in case you have regular texture as recommended, then you are good to go without any worry!
Q5. Can side pony style suit, women, over 40 years?
Ans: Yes, the side pony style can suit women of different age groups, be it young girls or older women. It all entirely and depends on how you style it. You can style it in an elegant way for women over 40 years of age by rolling it and keeping hair accessories look elegant and trendy at the same time.