Jaw Fat actually has nothing to do with one being oversized by the rest of the body. It sometimes just happens that these muscles get loose and can easily be tucked in with regular efforts. Simple exercises have no place and time boundaries. However, it needs to be done correctly for positive effects on the fatty muscles. Here we enlisted some simple and most effective exercises to get rid of jaw fat.
For best results, drink warm water before and after the exercises. This is an additional help to tone the muscles jaws within a few weeks. These also improve the flexibility of the neck and do away with cramps that occur when the neck is in one position for a long time.
Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Jaw Fat:
Here are our 9 simple and effective exercises to get rid of Jaw fat. Let’s have a look into them.
1. Neck Lifts:
The upward and downward movement of the neck is a good jaw exercise for double chin problem. It tones the facial muscles and makes the face thinner.
How To Do:
- This can be done in a standing or sitting posture.
- Maintain the back upright, inhale and lift your face till you are face to face with the ceiling.
- Lift the shoulders at the same time.
- The target is to feel a slight pull at the front muscles of the neck.
- Now using only lips, make a pout, a gesture to blow a kiss upward.
- Hold in position for 5-7 seconds, then exhale and get back to initial pose.
Does this jawline exercise 10 times, twice a day to have your jawline muscles toned, making a face look thinner? Note that while pouting, you use only lips to avoid improper work out of the muscles.
2. Two Way Neck Pulls:
Neck Pull is one of the simplest forms of facial muscle relaxation. It tones the jawline muscles, back muscles and helps reduce double chin. It can be done anytime and anywhere and thus gives quick access to your exercise routine.
How To Do:
- Stand upright with legs parted at shoulder width and hands by the side.
- Relax your shoulders, inhale deeply and lift your neck to the ceiling.
- The target is to go as high as possible till a slight stretch is felt in the neck, without moving the shoulders.
- Hold for 5 seconds and exhale. Now bend the neck down to look at the toes. Make sure the shoulders do not move in the process.
- Hold for 5 seconds when you feel a slight stretch at the back of the neck.
- Release to normal posture.
Repeat this jaw fat exercise 10 times, once a day regularly to see an effective outcome. This is also a beneficial exercise for those suffering from chronic neck pain.
3. Side Bends:
Side bends are again easy to do exercise which tone the muscles to give a lean structure to the neck. It clears those additional muscles that add width to the neck.
How To Do:
- Stand in a normal posture with back upright and shoulders relaxed.
- Inhale and bend the neck sideways in an attempt to touch the shoulder or as far as the neck can go, without moving the shoulder.
- The target is to feel the muscles of the other side stretch to a tolerable level.
- Count to 5 and bring the head back straight. Repeat on the other side.
Perform the exercise for chin and jaw 10 times on each side. Remember not to overstretch the muscles at any given point of time.
4. 6 Way Face Stretching:
These stretches are important to relax the jawline and neck muscles, can be done at any time of the day and need no special equipment. This is also beneficial when the neck region gets cramped up when placed in a particular posture for a long time.
How To Do:
- Sit on a chair with support with the back straight.
- Now bend the neck as low as you can to look at your feet, hold for 5 seconds.
- Slowly raise the neck to look at the ceiling, hold for 5 seconds and slowly bring the position to look straight.
- Now, turn the neck to look right, without moving the shoulders, hold in position for 5 seconds and turn it at 180 degrees to look left. Bring back to look straight.
- Now place the right hand on the head, holding the head and pull the hand so that the neck tilts. Hold in position for 5 seconds till you feel the stretch on the left side neck muscles. Repeat on the other side.
Do this as a part of the neck exercise routine for at least 5-7 times.
5. Neck Rotation Exercise:
Neck Rotation is good to improve blood circulation and is an excellent way to treat the jawline fat at any hour of the day. This can be done several times a day to tone the muscles and does not need any special equipment.
How To Do:
- Sit on a chair with the back straight and hands on the thighs.
- Now inhale deeply and tilt the head to the right, till you feel a slight pressure on the left side.
- Now maintaining this stretch, turn your head backwards and slowly and gradually bring it back to the front.
- Repeat this 10 times and then switch to clockwise motion.
This can be done 3-4 times a day with a gap of a few hours in between for a sleek and fit neck.
See More: Exercises To Get Rid Of Bra Bulge
6. Blowing Balloons:
Blowing balloons sounds like an interesting activity, but is actually a good exercise to tone the jaw muscles. It also tucks in the bulging cheeks.
How To Do:
- Hold the balloon’s mouth and tail portion and seal with the lips.
- Now inhale deeply and without bulging out the cheeks too much, blow air in the balloon.
- After blowing a couple of times, you will feel the unrest in the neck region; this is what shows how correctly the balloon blowing has been done.
- If there is pain on the cheeks after a couple of balloons blow, then you need to correct the way you are blowing the balloons.
Perform this exercise to lose jaw fat at least 10 times a day, depending on the side of balloons.
7. Jaw Slapping:
Jaw Slapping is one thing you can do throughout the day to keep the jaw fat in control. This is a beneficial way for those whose double chin is hanging down and needs a bit of toning too. Jaw Slapping does not take much time and is an effortless way to get rid of jaw fat.
How To Do:
- Sit or stand in a comfortable posture.
- Open your mouth to make an ‘O’ with the lips and place the palms on the cheeks.
- The hands should be joined at the wrists, thumb’s tips near the ear lobe and the rest of the palm on the muscle beneath the jaw bone.
- Now maintaining this position, move the hands up and down in a slapping pattern, on the jaw fat.
Do this face exercises for jawline continuously several times throughout the day to effectively and effortlessly toning the jaw fat.
See More: Muffin Top Exercises
8. Open Mouth-Close Mouth:
This is one of the most common things we do in daily life, but not always in the manner that will have an impact on the fatty jaw muscles. Here is how you can use the open and close mouth as an exercise to reduce double chin and jaw fat.
How To Do:
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position with head straight.
- Now without moving any other muscle, open the jaws downward.
- Keep opening till you feel a stretch on the underside of the jaws.
- Hold for 5 seconds and get back to normal position. Repeat after 5 seconds.
Practice this exercise for double chin and jawline 10 times to make a set, do 3 such sets during the entire day. This will reduce jaw fat.
9. Fish Face:
Making a fish face is actually a great work out for the face and neck muscles. It helps remove double chin, extra chubbiness on the cheeks and tones jaw muscles. Make an attempt to drink warm water before and after this workout.
How To Do:
- Sit or stand at a place in a relaxed fashion.
- Now pout the lips and pull in the cheek muscles by creating suction inside the mouth.
- Try to suck in as much of the skin as possible.
- Hold for 10 seconds, then release.
Practice this as often as possible to reduce the fatty deposits from the face and get a soft and sleek face. In the beginning, not too much muscles can be pulled in, so keep practising to improve performance.
These are the 9 best exercises to get rid of jaw fat at home. The only way to success with these exercises is correct posture. In most of the cases, it does not have any ill effect, but a few may lead to loosening of the muscles making the case worse. So be cautious while doing these workouts.
See More: Lower Belly Pooch