Pooch Fat is the rounded bulge on the tummy that becomes more prominent when putting on fitted and low waist clothes. Besides being uncomfortable for the eyes, these have a noticeable impact on the flexibility of the body when it comes to bending and flexibility part. It is never too late to work out on this bulge and tuck it in using simple exercises that can be done at home without much equipment and help.
Simple and Most Effective Exercises to Get Rid of Pooch Fat:
You may always think how to get rid of belly pooch. So start today with these simple exercises for 40-45 minutes at least 5 days a week and see noticeable changes in the body over time.
Crunches are the most effecting way to have the belly bulge gone in no time. With regular practice and an effective diet, crunches are all you need to get back to the most desired curvy shapes of yours.
How to Do:
- On a soft mat, lie flat on the back with hands under the head, fingers threaded.
- Bend the knees and pull the legs inwards, such that the foot is flat on the floor.
- Now inhale deeply and lift the upper body and bring it closer to the knee, without bending the knees any further.
- The target is to touch the nose on the knee, or bring the body upward as high as possible.
- Get back to initial posture, and then repeat.
To begin with, 20 crunches a day is must, with gradual increase up to 60 crunches in sets of 20 each.
2. Sit Ups:
Sit Ups are not only good for pooch area; it has a great effect on lower body muscles as well. It tones belly, thighs, calf and keeps the knee health maintained. This is one of the easiest exercises with manifold benefits.
How to Do:
- Stand with feet apart – wider than the shoulder.
- Put the hands behind the head with fingers threaded.
- Now inhale and bend the body low, without bending the back.
- The target is to get as low as possible without losing balance.
- Now exhale and in slow and steady motion get back to standing posture.
Repeat the exercise to get rid of belly pooch 2 times in sets of 10 for a start. Gradually this can be increased to 3 times in sets of 20 each. Initially, it is necessary to maintain a slow pace to avoid accidental damage to the muscles.
3. Rope Jumping:
Rope Jumping is one of the simplest exercises and a great cardio workout. It strengthens the limbs and maintains the heart health. Rope jumping improves blood circulation in the entire body and loosens up the muscles at the belly, which have been there for a long time, this way it makes the exercises more effective.
How to Do:
- With feet parted at shoulder length, hold the ropes at both ends.
- Using arm’s strength, rotate the rope above your head and time the jump such that it complete the entire rotation without being interrupted.
An individual should do up to 100 jumps regularly for an effective and positive result on the pooch fat. If there is any kind of pain or discomfort, discontinue immediately and try again the next day.
4. Superman Pose:
The superman pose strengthens the back and since it is performed while lying on the floor, it helps in tucking in the lower belly bulge. This pose is easy to perform and one of the simplest stretching exercises that has multiple benefits.
How to Do:
- On a soft mat lie flat with face downwards or looking at the wall in front.
- The legs should be flat on the floor, with toes pointing the wall behind.
- Inhale deeply and lift both hands and legs towards the ceiling. Without bending at the elbows or knees.
- Hold this posture for 10 seconds then exhale to get back to normal posture.
Repeat this to lose lower belly pooch for 15 times. As the perfection in this exercise improves, try to hold the superman posture for a longer duration for greater benefit.
5. Bhujanga Asana:
Bhujanga Asana or the Cobra pose is one of the most popular poses to tone body fat and strengthen the back muscles. It is very simple to perform yet has benefits that are unmatchable to most of the exercises.
How to Do:
- On a soft mat lie down with the face towards the floor.
- Keep the hands beside the shoulder with palm flat on the floor, bent by the elbow. The legs should be slightly parted for better balance.
- Now, take a deep breath in and lift the upper body with the support of the palm.
- Stretch as far as possible and hold the final posture till you count 10.
- Bring the body back down.
Doing this 10-15 times a day will tone the belly muscles and bring the flat belly that you have been dreaming about for so long.
See More: Exercises To Reduce Bra Bulge
6. Air Cycles:
Cycling in the air in sleeping posture is a good work out for the tummy muscles. It tones the tummy in no time and when teamed up with a good diet plan, gives outstanding results. This is simple to do without the need of any equipment.
How to Do:
- On a soft mat lie down facing the ceiling.
- Now lift both the legs off the floor, bent by the knee at a 90 degree angle. The hands should be behind the head with fingers threaded.
- Bend one knee closer to the tummy, hold for 2 seconds and throw back in the air, at 90 degrees, follow the same for the other leg without much interval.
- The target is to make bicycling moves in the air.
Repeat the exercise at about 3-5 minutes and increase the speed and duration after a few weeks.
7. Waist Twisting:
Waist twisting has benefits like toning the tummy muscles, relaxing the body after long duration sitting or standing, to keep the back fit and helps maintain the right posture. Pooch fat can be minimized with this exercise to get a curvy figure.
How to Do:
- Stand with feet parted at a waist length distance.
- Keep hands on the waist or joined at the front, back and legs straight and look straight.
- Now slowly, turn the upper body by the waist and stretch as much as you can.
- The target should be that you are able to look at the back from the corner of your eyes without twisting the head.
- Exhale and get back to front posture.
- Repeat on the other side.
Do 10-15 repeats for each side to have the pooch gone in no time.
See More: Best Way To Get Rid Of Muffin Top
8. Leg Touching – Standing Posture:
Standing posture leg touch is simple, but only after one does a lot of practice. This is because the bending that we are used to in day to day life is not the same as we have to do in this workout. This squeezes the pooch region and forces it to go away forever.
How to Do:
- Stand with feet joint, knees and back straight and hand high above the head with fingers pointing the ceiling.
- Inhale deeply and bend the body by the waist in a slow and steady motion.
- The target is to touch the toes without bending by the knees.
- Bring the upper body back in initial posture and exhale.
Repeat this at least 15-20 times in one session to get rid of belly pooch. Do not force and touch the toes, it may lead to muscle damage and injury. The practice continuously to have the pooch fat gone and you will see the remarkable difference in the performance of this exercise.
9. Deep Lunges:
Deep Lunges are beneficial for the entire body. It concentrates around stretching the lower body muscles and toning them. Practicing lunges regularly will strengthen the lower body and make the muscles taut. Visible changes will occur in a few weeks while practicing lunges regularly.
How to Do:
- Stand normally with back straight and hands high up, fingers pointing the ceiling.
- Now, take a step forward, long enough that the leg behind is not folded by the knees.
- Hold posture for 5 seconds and then get back to normal pose.
- Repeat with the other leg.
Performing alternately with both the legs, 2 sets should be done in counts of 10. Here again, caution should be taken and over stretching should be avoided. If there is pain, discontinue for the time being but do not give up on this simple beneficial exercise.
In addition, stop indulging in fatty foods, carbonated drinks, excessive sweets, alcohol and canned foods on a regular basis to help these exercises have a greater impact. Remember, these might take some time to go away, but regular efforts from your end should not stop.
See More: Jaw Fat Exercise