The excess fat around your waist and upper belly may disrupt the look and at times makes you feel conscious about it. The reasons why fat accumulates at the upper belly is because of lack of workout, unhealthy eating habits which reduces the metabolism and enlarges the waist size and even stress also adds an extra pound. Sometimes heredity issues related to obesity can be one of the causes. But all this can be overcome only by doing correct workouts aiming towards the upper belly and living a healthy lifestyle. Here are our 9 simple exercises to reduce upper belly fat at home.
Simple Exercises To Reduce Upper Belly Fat:
Here we enlisted 9 top exercises to get rid of upper belly fat. Let’s have a look into them.
1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
With regular practise of this yoga, it purifies the blood and ensures the proper functioning of the stomach, liver and bowel system.
How To Do:
- Stand at the tip of the mat and keep feet together, expand your chest and relax your shoulders.
- As you breathe in lift both the arms from your side and as you exhale bring your palms in front of the chest in a prayer position.
- Then inhale and lift the arms up and back, in this posture try to stretch the body up from the heels to tip of fingers.
- Then exhale and bend forward only from the waist and place the hand down to the floor beside feet. Try to keep the knees straight.
- Then breathe out and place the right leg back and knees should touch the floor, you should lookup. The left foot is in between the palms.
- Again deep breathe in place the left leg back, the whole body should in placed in a straight line. Place the arms perpendicular to the floor.
- Slowly press the knees and breathe out, push the hip back slightly and rest your chin and chest on the floor, eights parts of the body touch the floor.
- Then slide forward and raise the chest up and keep the elbows bent pose and lookup.
- Exhale lift the hips and tail bone up like inverted “V” or mountain posture.
- Then breathe in place the right foot forward on between two hands and left knee intact with the floor, hips placed down and lookup.
- Again, breathe out bring the left foot forward, place the palms on the floor and keep breathing.
- Breathe in then place the hands up and bend backwards and push the hip a bit outward position.
- Then breathe out and straighten the body and bring down the arms and relax and feel the stretch in all parts of the body.
- Like these repeat, the upper belly fat exercises for 10 times and see the magical results.
2. Abdominal Plank:
This type of the upper belly fat workout drastically helps in reducing the upper belly fat and simultaneous tones the thigh and arm muscle also.
How To Do:
- First, lie down on a mat on your belly touching the floor or mat.
- Then place the forearms on the ground and the wrist and palms in the perpendicular posture with shoulders.
- Slowly exert pressure on the forearms and slightly lift the entire body above the floor with the help of toes.
- The neck, head, back and legs should be placed at 180 degrees and feel the pressure of the upper belly area.
- Remain in this posture for 10 seconds and come to rest position and do the same for 5 times.
3. Bicycle Crunches:
This is one of the upper belly fat burning exercises which can be done at home and even without any equipment.
How To Do:
- You need to lie down on the yoga mat with on your back in a straight position.
- Then lift your head and bend both of your arms and place it at the back of your head above the neck, in interlock posture.
- Lift both the leg above the floor and bend the knee and bring in near to the belly.
- Then extend the left leg in a straight position and at the same time bring it back near to belly, instantly open the right foot and push in the front and bring it back like you are paddling a cycle.
- At the same time lift your shoulders and twist it in opposite directions like right elbow should touch the left knee. Feel the pressure exerted on the upper belly.
- Come back to starting posture and repeat it 20 times on each leg and do these upper tummy fat exercises for 2 sets on a daily basis.
4. Weighted Side Bending Exercise:
The side bend exercise reduces the fat at upper belly along with even shapes the waistline.
How To Do:
- Stand in an erect posture with feet apart and hold a dumbbell in both of the hands.
- Look straight and then bend on the right side as much as possible until you feel the strain on the left side, hold the position for 20 seconds.
- Ensure that the shoulders, back and legs absolutely erect.
- Come to the same position and do the same on the other side.
- Like this does exercises for upper belly fat for 20 times on both sides.
5. Lunge with Twists:
These workouts work exceptionally very well and reduce the upper belly fat very smoothly.
How To Do:
- First, stand with both legs together, place your right foot forward and bend it with knees and you can feel the stretch at left legs hamstring.
- Hold a light weighted ball with both the hands and lift it parallel to the floor so that it’s in front of you.
- Take a plunge with the right leg and sit as you are sitting on a chair and the left leg should be placed backwards and use your toes to support the leg.
- Then twist the waist and place both the hands with the ball on the right side and feel the stretch on the spine and upper belly.
- Come to the first position and repeat the same with the other leg.
- Repeat the same exercise for upper stomach fat for at least 10 times on both the legs.
[ See More: Exercise To Reduce Lower Belly Fat ]
6. Abdominal Crunches with Gym Ball:
Crunches have been considered as an effective way to reduce upper belly fat without much hassle.
How To Do:
- Lie down on the yoga mat on your back and fold both the knee like inverted V position and touch the floor. You can even ask someone to hold the foot tightly
- Hold a gym ball firmly with both the hands and place it above the head.
- Then contract the belly muscles and lift the shoulders off the floor and bring the ball near to the chest and hold for a while.
- Ensure the feet should not move and go back to start position and repeat it for 10 times.
- Take breaks for 10 seconds in between and work for 2 – 3 sets.
7. Krounchasana (Heron Pose):
This asana helps to reduce upper belly and even improves core stability.
How To Do:
- Sit on a mat with legs outstretched in front of you.
- Then exhale out and bend the right knee and place it under the right hip such as the top of the foot is touching the floor.
- Ensure you are sitting properly on both the sit bones and bend the left leg and place the foot on the floor.
- Then hold the left foot with both the hands and ensure the left leg is absolutely straight and feel the pressure at the upper belly.
- Then exhale and lift the leg close to the chest and hold it for 5 breaths and then come back to starting position.
- Do the same with other legs also and repeat for minimum 3 times a day.
[See More: Healthy Smoothies For Weight Loss]
8. Ardha Matsyendrasana Posture:
This yoga posture increases the elasticity of spines and even lends relief from back pain along with easy reduction of the upper belly fat.
How To Do:
- Sit on a mat, keep both the leg straight and then bend the left leg and place in on left foot on the floor over the right knee.
- Then fold the right leg with knee, so that it’s touching the ground and place it next to the left buttock.
- Place the right hand over the left leg and catch hold the big toe of the left foot.
- Take a deep breath and twist the body as much as possible and even turn the neck so that you can see the left shoulder and encircle the waist with the left hand with palm facing outwards.
- Rest for 5 seconds and come to normal posture and repeat the same on the opposite side. Like this do for 5 times on both sides.
9. Tiger Pose:
This pose stretches the spine and back muscles along with burning the fat off upper belly.
How To Do:
- The first place you’re both the knee and hands with palms on the yoga mat.
- Then lift the left leg and hold it straight in the air with at the same time lift the right hand also ensuring it is not bent from elbows and feel the stretch at the upper belly.
- Hold this tiger pose for 5 breaths and come back to the first pose.
- Repeat the same with the other leg and hand do the same for 10 times on both sides.
[See More: Essential Oils For Weight Loss]
In order to stay healthy and look perfect, everyone should follow a healthy regime and do workouts on a daily basis. Diet with proper workouts can do wonders and even prevents the accumulation of fat at the upper belly. The upper belly fat can be reduced with some efforts like by following a healthy lifestyle and ideal exercise can reward you a slimmer and well-toned upper belly.
Let us know if you still have any doubts or concern about the exercises to lose upper belly fat. We would love to assist you with the best solutions and answers.