Are you worried about looking older than your age? One of the prominent reasons for this feeling might be dark circles. Being overly tired, computer screens, and working in front of a laptop can be why you can look tired, resulting in dark lines under your eyes. Homemade face packs for dark circles can be natural and cost-effective.
Dark circles are not permanent and can be treated easily. Read on to know more about the home remedies that will not only treat your dark circles but also keep your skin hydrated. Without further ado, please take a look at them and choose the one that suits you the most.
Face Packs Benefits for Dark Circles:
- Cleansing your face is one of the best benefits of using a face pack. It cleanses any skin type.
- The ingredients in the face packs used for dark circles help eliminate dirt from your pores removing all the dead skin cells from the surface.
- These face packs help revitalize your skin, re-energizing it. It also helps make your skin look young and beautiful.
- Hydration is necessary for the healthy maintenance of your skin. These face packs give your skin a radiant glow.
- When accompanied by a proper skincare routine, these face packs prevent the formation of dark spots and acne scars.
- These face packs protect your skin from the harmful sunrays protecting it.
Homemade Face Packs To Lighten Dark Circles:
1. Aloe Vera Face Pack:
Aloe vera inhibits tyrosinase activity because of a compound called aloesin. This compound prevents pigmentation making your dark circles lighten. It makes your under eye area more smooth and supple by hydrating your skin (1).
- One tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel.
- Take the aloe vera gel into a bowl.
- Gently apply the gel under your eyes overnight.
- Wash it off with water first thing in the morning.
- You can use this remedy till your dark circle fades every day.
[ Read More: Aloe Vera to Treat Dark Circles ]
2. Cucumber Face Pack For Dark Circles:
Cucumber inhibits tyrosinase activity, reducing the pigmentation under your eyes since it has vitamins and bioactive compounds (2). It makes you feel relaxed, giving you a soothing effect. You can re-energize your eyes, making them look fresh by using this remedy frequently.
- One cup of cucumber slices.
- One tbsp of aloe vera gel.
- Place the cucumber slices and aloe vera gel into a blender.
- Blend the contents thoroughly, forming a smooth paste.
- Gently apply the paste under your eyes.
- Let it stay there for at least 15 minutes.
- Use plain water to rinse off.
- The application of this paste once a day can be useful.
3. Tomato Face Pack For Dark Circles:
Tomatoes are a must-have in every kitchen. Lycopene and beta-carotene are phytochemicals in tomato that prevent oxidative damage to your skin tissues, reducing dark circles (3).
- One ripe tomato.
- One tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare a paste by blending a tomato and lemon juice.
- Apply the paste under your eyer gently.
- Let it stay on for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
- Using this remedy twice a week can be useful.
Precaution: There might be a stinging sensation n your skin because of lemon juice. Make sure to do a patch test before using it.
4. Face Pack With Honey For Dark Circles:
Anti-microbial and wound healing properties of honey make it a perfect option for several skin issues. Honey also inhibits tyrosinase activity that helps fade dark circles by reducing the pigmentation with polyphenols’ help (4).
- One tbsp of honey.
- One tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take a small bowl and add the honey and lemon juice to it.
- Mix the contents well.
- A cotton ball.
- Apply the mixture under your eyes with the help of cotton balls.
- Let it stay for at least 15 minutes.
- Use water to rinse off.
- Use this remedy for dark circles once a day.
[ Also Read: How To Use Honey For Dark Circles ]
5. Potato Face Pack For Dark Circles:
Potatoes are not only a portion of tasty food; it helps exfoliate your skin gently preventing any ageing effects. Potatoes also help lighten and brighten your dark spots with the help of an enzyme called catecholase. It has azelaic acid that helps fade the dark circles by reducing pigmentation (5).
- 2 tbsp of potato juice.
- Cotton ball.
- Apply the potato juice under your eyes with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it stay on your skin until it dries off.
- Use plain water to wash your face.
- Use this remedy at least twice a week for significant results.
6. Saffron Face Mask For Dark Circles:
Carotenoids and riboflavin are bioactive compounds present in saffron that help prevent dark circles by reducing excessive pigmentation. This is possible because saffron has an anti-tyrosinase activity (6).
- Four strands of saffron.
- ¼ cup of milk.
- Pre-soak the saffron in the milk for at least two hours.
- Strain the milk into a small cup.
- Apply the mixture under your eyes with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
7. Green Tea Face Pack For Dark Circles:
Green tea inhibits melanogenesis that may reduce dark circles by preventing excess pigmentation (7). This is because of the phenolic compounds present in the green tea.
- Two green tea bags.
- A cup of water.
- Soak the two tea bags in a cup of water.
- Place the cup in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Place the cold tea bags on your eyes for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off your face with water.
- You can reduce the dark circles by using this remedy daily.
8. Baking Soda And Milk Face Pack:
The anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda help deal with many skin issues. It also helps close the pores by acting as an astringent. Whereas milk helps reduce dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines because of the lactic acid (8).
- 4 tbsp of whole milk.
- Two tbsp of baking soda.
- Take the baking soda and milk in a bowl.
- Mix the contents well, forming a paste without any lumps.
- Refrigerate the paste for a few minutes.
- Gently apply the paste around your eyes.
- Let it dry for at least 25 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash your face.
[ Read: Baking Soda To Remove Dark Circles ]
9. Rice Flour And Gram Flour Face Pack:
Dark circles can result from skin degeneration and can be treated with rice flour that has natural powers. The mixture of gram flor and rice flour act as a perfect way to brighten the areas under your eyes, making the skin smooth (9).
- One tbsp of rice flour.
- One tbsp of gram flour.
- A dash of turmeric.
- Half a cup of tomato juice.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly, forming a smooth paste without forming lumps.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face.
- For quick results, use this remedy daily.
10. Coffee Face Mask For Dark Circles:
The natural bleaching agents in coffee reduce the discolouration under your eyes, lightening it. You can smoothen the skin under your eyes with the combination of coffee and coconut oil by tightening the skin (10).
- One tbsp of coffee powder.
- Half a tbsp of black pepper.
- Few drops of coconut oil.
- Take a bowl and place all the ingredients in it.
- Mix the contents thoroughly, and you can add water to add consistency.
- Apply the paste gently around your eyes and let it stay there for at least 15 minutes.
- Use cold water to rinse off your face.
- Use this remedy twice or thrice a week.
Although dark circles are temporary, they can be exceptionally bothersome and embarrassing. With the help of the homemade face pack recipes for dark circles in this article, you will be able to treat them without putting a hole through your pocket. Try consulting your doctor if you think there is an underlying medical condition for dark circles under your skin.
1. What are the tips to prevent dark circles?
- If you have a rigorous workout routine, getting adequate rest is essential.
- Make sure you sleep at least seven hours.
- Your skin retains moisture when you stay hydrated.
- Include foods that are rich in nutrients that help eliminate pigmentation and increase collagen synthesis.
2. What foods help you reduce dark circles?
Including foods that are a rich vitamin K source as they help coagulation and blood circulation in your skin. Some of the vegetables with vitamin K are green leafy veggies, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli, effectively reducing dark circles.
3. Is it possible to cure dark circles?
Depending upon the under-eye circle’s darkness, you can use several home remedies mentioned in this article to lighten them. There are several laser treatments, medications, and chemical peels that also help you reduce dark circles.